PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the Packers starting QB?

lavell12
08-04-2008, 08:30 PM
Who WILL start not who should.

I'm going to say the pressure forces TT and MM to go with Favre.

OnWisconsin2007
08-04-2008, 08:53 PM
This isn't even a contest. Favre, easily.

RcrkllrH2
08-04-2008, 08:57 PM
ill agree that the pressure will force favre to start

which is good

cwilson21
08-04-2008, 09:01 PM
Rodgers will either be the starter or be done with GB.

Ryan Diesel
08-04-2008, 09:27 PM
ha ha yeah your chances are probably better at getting him than Favre, sorry to say your stuck with Gus Frerotte this year.

ryanph30
08-04-2008, 09:28 PM
If it really does go to a QB competition like they have said in camp, then Brett will be.

Al Harris 31
08-04-2008, 09:44 PM
we all know favre will start on sunday and we will forget this "saga" ever happened to begin with.

Brooke
08-04-2008, 09:53 PM
If it a true, fair competition Brett will win it no question

Badger's Badger
08-04-2008, 09:59 PM
Brett Favre by a hair

(while he only uses one hand, without shoes, blindfolded)

Brunner
08-04-2008, 10:05 PM
If it is fair, I don't see how Favre loses this competition. If for some reason he does not perform well, which I think is unlikely, I will support Rodgers as the starter.

Badger's Badger
08-04-2008, 10:10 PM
If it is fair, I don't see how Favre loses this competition. If for some reason he does not perform well, which I think is unlikely, I will support Rodgers as the starter.

Agreed!

&

Agreed!

WSU Tony
08-04-2008, 10:22 PM
Your organization keeps saying "Rodgers is our guy" yet every vote is for Favre. Do you guys really lack this much confidence in what your organization says they will do and what they will really do?

enordrum
08-04-2008, 10:28 PM
Unless he's cut, Favre will be the starter. You cannot compare 16 years to 59 snaps sorry. A qb's evaluation goes beyond training camp and pre-season and I think Brett takes this one hands down. If Aaron became the starter with Brett as the back-up both TT and MM will be on a very short leash. Can you imagine the Media then?

wwfd1220
08-04-2008, 10:29 PM
Your organization keeps saying "Rodgers is our guy" yet every vote is for Favre. Do you guys really lack this much confidence in what your organization says they will do and what they will really do?

stupid question, dont you think ? what does it matter how we feel about the packers brass anyways. we didnt hire any of them, they are shoved down our throats. all i care about as a season ticket holder is that the f.o. puts the best players on the field. that way i can feel better about spending my money every year on my tickets. and guess what ? favre is better than rodgers.

WSU Tony
08-04-2008, 10:29 PM
How many years does Rodgers have left on his contract?

wwfd1220
08-04-2008, 10:33 PM
next year, and then restricted after that in 2011. doesnt matter anyways, they could always extend him and give him more money if they want him too stick around .

ryanph30
08-04-2008, 10:33 PM

No I don't, but them saying that it is an "Open Competition" makes me think that the 16 year vet and I think we all know the better player right now will win that competition, that is why I voted Brett.

enordrum
08-04-2008, 10:34 PM
How many years does Rodgers have left on his contract?

I think 2 after this year

Brooke
08-04-2008, 10:38 PM
they have said ever since Brett retired that Rodgers is their guy and will be the starter no matter what and then they say their is a "open competition" makes me think something changed

socalpkrbkr
08-04-2008, 11:04 PM
IF this "competition" thing is all true....everyone knows who the starter will be.

It's the NFC NORTH'S DADDY Brett Favre!

BrewCityBuck
08-05-2008, 11:58 AM
Aaron Rodgers has been the named starter since Brett Favre retired. The notion that their would be a QB competition in training camp is utterly ridiculous because you cannot judge QB's in TC or preseason games. It's not real football. You cannot accurately gauge a QB in either setting, thus a real competition is a farce.

Aaron Rodgers is going to be our starter in our first game, absolutely no doubt about it. I've never wavered.

Bauermundo
08-05-2008, 12:46 PM
"Another agreement from the meeting was that, despite reports to the contrary, there would not be an open quarterback competition as even Favre felt this would not be in the best interests of the locker room. Thus, Aaron Rodgers is the team's starting quarterback."

Looks like 87% of the voters are wrong. Honestly, this sucks. I want Brett to play, but at the same time I feel our future is best with Aaron. Will Rodgers still want to be with us if he gets held back at least one more year? Rodgers has this unknown potential, and I think that's awesome. I love how Brett's career has been all Green Bay. I feel Aaron gives Packer fans that same opportunity.

But at the same time, we're talking about never seeing Brett play in Green and Gold again. We also know that Brett can still play and was one score short of the Superbowl. The decision is not as easy as it looks.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/comments/pack-favre-moving-closer-to-the-edge-08-05-2008.html

BrewCityBuck
08-05-2008, 12:52 PM
Where did this 'QB competition' (:rolleyes:), rumor/report even come from?

nosferatu
08-05-2008, 01:02 PM
He is signed through next year