PDA

View Full Version : NFL: Vikings did not tamper

WSU Tony
08-04-2008, 04:46 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255618

original posted by Wuswarm36 in Vikings forum. (credit to him!)

NFL: Vikings did not tamper

August 4th, 2008 – 3:17 PM by Judd Zulgad

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell ruled this afternoon that the Vikings did not tamper with Brett Favre as the Packers claimed. The NFL has been investigating the claim for more than a week.

In his letter to the Packers and Vikings, Goodell said that, while those involved acknowledged conversations between Brett Favre and Vikings coaches, “None of those conversations suggest that Favre was soliciting a job or that other teams were soliciting his services.”

The Packers also issued a statement that read: “Based on the information that we had, the Packers thought it was appropriate to bring this matter to the league’s attention. We respect the Commissioner’s investigation of this matter and we now consider it closed.”

The Packers had alleged the Vikings tampered with Favre by having inappropriate dialogue with the quarterback, who wanted his release from Green Bay and wanted to play for the Vikings. Favre is good friends with Vikings offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell, his former position coach in Green Bay, and also knows Vikings coach Brad Childress.

Star Tribune (http://ww3.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=1778)

ryanph30
08-04-2008, 05:26 PM
Another thing we can put behind us. I think they filed it to get the Vikings away from talking to him.

newdude
08-04-2008, 05:28 PM
No surprise here, but like ryanph said, it's just a scare tactic.

augipitcher3
08-04-2008, 05:45 PM
It was kind of bush league if you ask me, but just throws more fuel on the fire and bulletin board material is always nice.

ryanph30
08-04-2008, 05:52 PM
Seriously IDK if you are trying to bait in here or what your deal is. But face the facts son, your team got your *** kicked 34-0 last year and beat on your home field. The Packers are the better team and you aren't getting Favre. Go home.

augipitcher3
08-04-2008, 05:57 PM
Seriously IDK if you are trying to bait in here or what your deal is. But face the facts son, your team got your *** kicked 34-0 last year and beat on your home field. The Packers are the better team and you aren't getting Favre. Go home.

Nope not baiting. You really aren't going to say that was a BS move? This just intensifies the rivalry a bit more (not that it needs it). I just said it is nice bulletin board material that the Packers falsely accused us of tampering to take the attention off themselves. Yes, we did lose to you twice last year and I believe you lost to the Bears twice last year, and we beat the Bears twice last year. I don't care either way if we get Favre. I don't like him, but there is no doubt he is a safer bet going into the season for either team. I think the upside of either team is the same with or without Favre but the the downside is far worse without him.

Brendan
08-04-2008, 06:33 PM
Pwned :D

OnWisconsin2007
08-04-2008, 06:42 PM

That will definitely be the only time this season that the Vikings "pwn" the Packers, I can guarantee you that.

Brendan
08-04-2008, 06:43 PM
Good one? :shrug:

ryanph30
08-04-2008, 07:01 PM
Nope not baiting. You really aren't going to say that was a BS move? This just intensifies the rivalry a bit more (not that it needs it). I just said it is nice bulletin board material that the Packers falsely accused us of tampering to take the attention off themselves. Yes, we did lose to you twice last year and I believe you lost to the Bears twice last year, and we beat the Bears twice last year. I don't care either way if we get Favre. I don't like him, but there is no doubt he is a safer bet going into the season for either team. I think the upside of either team is the same with or without Favre but the the downside is far worse without him.

That is the dumbest ****ing logic ever, hey the Packers beat the Giants last year, and the Giants beat the Patriots, and the Patriots beat everyone else, so that means we can beat everyone else ZOMG! :rolleyes:

Yes it may have made the rivalry a bit more intense, I think anyone will a pulse could figure that out. If you really are so confident why how about you go in on the sig bet with me and that cum dumpster Brendan.

BTW all you have been doing throughout this whole thing is come in here and trying to bait don't even try to deny that.

ryanph30
08-04-2008, 07:03 PM

Good one? :shrug:

:bla:

I have no idea how that is "pwn"? Irrational logic and stupid arguements is pwn? pwn = 34-0.

Suck one.

WSU Tony
08-04-2008, 08:03 PM
:bla:

I have no idea how that is "pwn"? Irrational logic and stupid arguments is pwn? pwn = 34-0.

Suck one.

The funny thing is you won't admit your organization has made tons of mistakes and try to put the attention on the Vikings by saying the Packers beat them last year. You really are a true Packer fan.... lol. :D

Yes, throwing out false accusations about tampering is a great way to build the respect for your organization back up. Honestly, if you don't have enough to get someone on tampering and you file it anyway, you should get penalized for slander. A 5th round pick sounds about right.

ryanph30
08-04-2008, 08:57 PM
The funny thing is you won't admit your organization has made tons of mistakes and try to put the attention on the Vikings by saying the Packers beat them last year. You really are a true Packer fan.... lol. :D

Yes, throwing out false accusations about tampering is a great way to build the respect for your organization back up. Honestly, if you don't have enough to get someone on tampering and you file it anyway, you should get penalized for slander. A 5th round pick sounds about right.

When have I said they haven't made mistakes Tony? I'll be the first one to admit they handled this whole situation like ****.

And how do we know they where false accusations? We know that Favre talked to your O coordinator and possibly Childress. So they told the league office and filed a claim to have the NFL INVESTIGATE and see if there was indeed any illegal talking or "tampering" going on. Which they did investigate and found there to be nothing wrong. That's why there is an investigation.

cwilson21
08-04-2008, 09:00 PM

Yet another meaningless reference to last year's game. Is that seriously the only game you guys remember? When someone says something "bad" about the Packers, last year's 34-0 defeat is always brought up. Glad you can hold on to that one.

ryanph30
08-04-2008, 09:19 PM
Funny how year in and year out the Queens fans think they are going to win the SB, and they are a better team because they went out and got 1 good player through a trade. When the difference between the teams where as vast as they were last year (34-0). If we can't at least somewhat bring up the teams from last season are we just supposed to completely forget these games..It's not like we are talking about 5 years ago here....

kb24ap28
08-04-2008, 09:52 PM
That will definitely be the only time this season that the Vikings "pwn" the Packers, I can guarantee you that.

can u?

WSU Tony
08-04-2008, 09:56 PM
And how do we know they where false accusations?

It said all over ESPN than the Packers are "accusing the Vikings of tampering." Then it's investigated to see whether it was or not and how severe the punishment should be.

Press conference canceled, nice.

ryanph30
08-04-2008, 10:10 PM
It said all over ESPN than the Packers are "accusing the Vikings of tampering." Then it's investigated to see whether it was or not and how severe the punishment should be.

Press conference canceled, nice.

So if I accuse you of murder because you may have done it, then there should be no investigation, only just figuring out your punishment? No, you investigate and have a sort of trial, they found the Vikes not guilty of tampering. Maybe the Packers had some info that they wanted investigated or bad info, either way, we will never know.

Redsoxin09
08-04-2008, 10:20 PM
I think some apologies are in order, for a while all we heard in the Viking forum was how we were cheaters, there was baiting, and flaming, and all of that. No "sorry we were wrong and we are sorry for being *******'s about it?"

Stop bringing up the 34-0, how about we bring up the beat down we gave you guys in the playoffs? Last year was last year, let it go and look forward to this year.

WSU Tony
08-04-2008, 10:25 PM
So if I accuse you of murder because you may have done it, then there should be no investigation,

You said the Packers didn't accuse the Vikings, they only told a league official to investigate. Now your saying the Packers accused and somehow making a point that I don't think their should be an investigation.

Did they or did they not accuse the Vikings of tampering?

WSU Tony
08-04-2008, 10:26 PM
I think some apologies are in order, for a while all we heard in the Viking forum was how we were cheaters, there was baiting, and flaming, and all of that.

Where are the Packer fans who said they knew we were guilty and that we would lose a 2nd round pick for this? They seem to bury their heads and only come out at convenient times....

ryanph30
08-04-2008, 10:27 PM
I think some apologies are in order, for a while all we heard in the Viking forum was how we were cheaters, there was baiting, and flaming, and all of that. No "sorry we were wrong and we are sorry for being *******'s about it?"

Stop bringing up the 34-0, how about we bring up the beat down we gave you guys in the playoffs? Last year was last year, let it go and look forward to this year.

#1. Not all us did that, and no matter where you go there will be stupid fans like that for all teams. It is clear that teams bait both ways, we just need to ignore these dumbasses, because it is a two way thing. I don't believe I have ever posted in the Vikings forum, or even viewed it.

#2. The 34-0 game was last year and is still half relevant, the playoff game was how long ago? 3 years now I believe. I think we are both looking forward to this year and we are both different teams, and this year will be fun.

I have nothing against you guys (Tony, B Warn, Redsoxin, Brendan) coming in here and legitimately talking football in a good manner, but what pisses me off is when clowns come in here and bait and try to start stuff.

ryanph30
08-04-2008, 10:31 PM
You said the Packers didn't accuse the Vikings, they only told a league official to investigate. Now your saying the Packers accused and somehow making a point that I don't think their should be an investigation.

Did they or did they not accuse the Vikings of tampering?

I don't get what your trying to prove here. Yes they accused them, because there were reports out that Brett talked to your offense coordinator (I can't think of his name right now, the guy that used to be with GB) and maybe even Childress. How can you not blame a team for thinking something might be going on there and wanting the league office to step in and investigate? I would and if somebody was doing it with AP or somebody on your team, you would want an investigation too. To think that we should get penalized a 5th round pick for wanting this investigated is ridiculous to me.

WSU Tony
08-04-2008, 10:39 PM
Yes they accused them.............. To think that we should get penalized a 5th round pick for wanting this investigated is ridiculous to me.

Accusing someone of something which isn't true is called defamation. People are sued millions of dollars every year for these type of things (as learned in Business Law II).

Unless you have a very good idea that tampering had been done by accusing a team and having them found innocent makes the accusing team look like schmucks. I would be saying this same thing if it were the VIkings. I would be embarrassed if my organization accused someone of tampering and they were found innocent.

Redsoxin09
08-04-2008, 10:40 PM
#1. Not all us did that, and no matter where you go there will be stupid fans like that for all teams. It is clear that teams bait both ways, we just need to ignore these dumbasses, because it is a two way thing. I don't believe I have ever posted in the Vikings forum, or even viewed it.

#2. The 34-0 game was last year and is still half relevant, the playoff game was how long ago? 3 years now I believe. I think we are both looking forward to this year and we are both different teams, and this year will be fun.

I have nothing against you guys (Tony, B Warn, Redsoxin, Brendan) coming in here and legitimately talking football in a good manner, but what pisses me off is when clowns come in here and bait and try to start stuff.

Yea I don't have any beef with you RyanPH, your love for the Twins outweighs your hatred for the Vikings in my book. We have those clowns everywhere and I know what your talkin about. At least Sportsrube is gone, that kid was the worst. I still think that playoff game is relevant because it was the only playoff match up in the history of our rivalry and my minnesota Vikings won the game :D

ryanph30
08-04-2008, 10:50 PM
Yea I don't have any beef with you RyanPH, your love for the Twins outweighs your hatred for the Vikings in my book. We have those clowns everywhere and I know what your talkin about. At least Sportsrube is gone, that kid was the worst. I still think that playoff game is relevant because it was the only playoff match up in the history of our rivalry and my minnesota Vikings won the game :D

Oh I don't have any with you either, at all. I listed my favorite and the legit Vikings fans that come here and post, your self being included in that. I only have beef with idiots that try to start stuff and bait, but yeah they are everywhere. Of course you think that game is relevant, because you won it. :p

PS - Go Twins. 1st place! :up:

PPS - 34-0 :laugh:

newdude
08-04-2008, 10:56 PM
WTH? Did I accidently went into the Vikings forum or something? More Vikes posted than Packers. LOL, :D.

This is over with, no need to further argue. We're probably gonna forget this when tackle football officially starts. And the playoff loss is irrelevant, bcuz the Vikes loss the following week anyway. :D

socalpkrbkr
08-04-2008, 11:06 PM
Yeah that sucks. Oh well, at least we tried. I heard about this info on my way back to Northbrook, Ill. Right around the same time I heard that Brett had been added to the 80 man roster. :D

WSU Tony
08-04-2008, 11:14 PM
Yeah that sucks. Oh well, at least we tried.

That's a good attitude to have....

socalpkrbkr
08-04-2008, 11:23 PM
That's a good attitude to have....

Aw come on Tone! E for effort man. You know as well as I if the roles were reversed that you would be pumped to possibly be compensated by a hated rival. I was just being honest.:)

WSU Tony
08-05-2008, 12:10 AM
Aw come on Tone! E for effort man. You know as well as I if the roles were reversed that you would be pumped to possibly be compensated by a hated rival. I was just being honest.:)

Should I be rooting for compensation for a defamation case?

socalpkrbkr
08-05-2008, 12:21 AM
Should I be rooting for compensation for a defamation case?

Why not, I would. We're fans and thats what fans do, right? We were just looking out for self in this case, thats all. It would've been great! Aw what could've been.......:sigh:

augipitcher3
08-05-2008, 10:32 AM
Funny how year in and year out the Queens fans think they are going to win the SB, and they are a better team because they went out and got 1 good player through a trade. When the difference between the teams where as vast as they were last year (34-0). If we can't at least somewhat bring up the teams from last season are we just supposed to completely forget these games..It's not like we are talking about 5 years ago here....

Ok so by your logic the Bears are better than the Packers. I disagree with that.

BrewCityBuck
08-05-2008, 11:39 AM
I never really cared about this story, after a week of it being out there it was pretty obvious that it was going nowhere. They were just accusations and charges. I don't know why we did it, not a big issue for me.