PDA

View Full Version : ideas on free agency, trade oppurtunities and depth chart

bcross90
08-04-2008, 02:58 PM
just curious to see what yall think morey should do to round out this offseason and what yall think the depth chart should be.

*Also i seem to be the only person that thinks Battier should start and Artest off the bench the way SA uses Manu, let me know what you think about that*

HouRealCoach
08-04-2008, 03:00 PM
just curious to see what yall think morey should do to round out this offseason and what yall think the depth chart should be.

*Also i seem to be the only person that thinks Battier should start and Artest off the bench the way SA uses Manu, let me know what you think about that*

Artest needs to start and we can use Battier like Boston used Posey

bcross90
08-04-2008, 03:05 PM
Artest needs to start and we can use Battier like Boston used Posey

i just think having a 15-20 a game scorer to bring in with a few left in the first quarter and play most of the rest of the game will be very effective. also keep in mind tmac sits out the start of the 2nd and so does yao. its the best way to have the best possible lineup on the court and not have weaknesses. battier has great chemistry with the starting 5 and he cant explode offensively the way posey can off the bench either. i do think artest should get crunch time though dont get me wrong.

bball1217
08-04-2008, 03:22 PM
We have a thread for this already...

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219218

Just post it there, someone will read it.

Also, I think either Artest or Battier can succeed in different, but good ways off the bench. That would be cool to have Artest coming off the bench though.

dchalphen
08-04-2008, 03:36 PM
Resign Mutombo
Resign Landry or sign and trade him for a back up point guard
Figure out what to do with Francis

Start Battier then bring Artest in against the other teams 2's. He would bring offense, defense, and intensity into the ball game. It does not matter who starts, it's most important who is in the game at the end when it matters.

Alston/Brooks/Francis
McGrady/Barry/Head
Ming/Mutombo/Dorsey
Scola/Landry/Hayes
Battier/Artest/Novak

WntAbCEO
08-04-2008, 06:16 PM
You guys wouldn't want to make a Pacer trade would you like a Jamaal Tinsely for Battier swap maybe toss in a pick?

Rockets Fanatic
08-04-2008, 06:27 PM
You guys wouldn't want to make a Pacer trade would you like a Jamaal Tinsely for Battier swap maybe toss in a pick?

nope, but i would definately trade Head, Hayes and Francis for Tinsley

JOSETHEALLSTAR
08-04-2008, 06:29 PM
yeah we need to sign deke.

BenFrank
08-04-2008, 06:40 PM
A lot of y'all might not like this...

I would trade Rafer.. Head.. and Hayes 4 Barbosa

D-Chart
Barbosa/Brooks/Francis
T-mac/Barry
Artest/Shane/Novak
Scola/Landry/Dorsey
Yao/Deke/

Team's will have a hard time.. trying to stop a team with this talent

bcross90
08-04-2008, 06:43 PM
A lot of y'all might not like this...

I would trade Rafer.. Head.. and Hayes 4 Barbosa

D-Chart
Barbosa/Brooks/Francis
T-mac/Barry
Artest/Shane/Novak
Scola/Landry/Dorsey
Yao/Deke/

Team's will have a hard time.. trying to stop a team with this talent

barbosa is a a scorer in a pg's body. we need a pass first pg. hinrich. but if not im ok with what we have. we dont need another ball dominator on this team

BenFrank
08-04-2008, 06:52 PM
Bcross90

That's ur opinion I respect that..

but there's nothing wrong with haveing more options..

who can stay in front of Barbosa.. and he's a pretty good passer 2, that make's the game easier for everyone on the team.. like more open shots,

Yes he's a scorer, but when did that become a bad thing, His shootin is better, he's quicker.. and I feel he can play his part which most likely will be a spot up shooter or someone who can create off the dribble

stevefrancis
08-04-2008, 08:20 PM
yea the suns will trade us barbosa for crap. come on a 20 point scorer for nothing?

bcross90
08-04-2008, 08:27 PM
Bcross90

That's ur opinion I respect that..

but there's nothing wrong with haveing more options..

who can stay in front of Barbosa.. and he's a pretty good passer 2, that make's the game easier for everyone on the team.. like more open shots,

Yes he's a scorer, but when did that become a bad thing, His shootin is better, he's quicker.. and I feel he can play his part which most likely will be a spot up shooter or someone who can create off the dribble

but im not willing to give up a starting pg for him because he isnt one. if we get another pg that is of starting caliber maybe in a sign and trade with landry im all for it. by the way the wont sell him for crap. they will want a youngster with potenial like brooks,landry or a combo of a few guys that are role players on our current team. im pat without barbosa because he is more of a two guard anyway proven by the suns searching for a backup point guard which means they realize he isnt a pg.

BRADfromOZ
08-04-2008, 08:40 PM
bcross90, if i were running the Rockets i'd have Artest coming off the bench, and giving Brooks more playing time. I'd also have gotten rid of Francis and Hayes(but thats a different matter), gotten us Maxiell and i'd be looking hard at acquiring a back up C and Louis Williams as another PG/SG.

bball1217
08-04-2008, 08:49 PM
yea the suns will trade us barbosa for crap. come on a 20 point scorer for nothing?

First off, he is a 15 point scorer.

Secondly, the Suns have been trying to get a good backup PG for Nash, due to his age. Alston could fill that role and don't say Barbosa can be the backup, because they have said they want a solid PG, not a combo guard.

Lastly, they don't get crap. They keep a 3 PT shooter in Head, get a solid to above average PG in Alston and a hustle player who is pretty good at defense (which I think they need) in Hayes.

However, I am pretty sure I do not want Barbosa, I have not really decided yet. This is because he always seems to disappear in the playoffs, something we do not need.

Interesting idea, but I would rather have Alston, who in IMO a pass first PG with solid D and a pretty good 3PT shot. Which is what a want on this team.

(Also Alston is a huge reason why we did not get swept by the Jazz this year.)

bcross90
08-04-2008, 08:56 PM
bcross90, if i were running the Rockets i'd have Artest coming off the bench, and giving Brooks more playing time. I'd also have gotten rid of Francis and Hayes(but thats a different matter), gotten us Maxiell and i'd be looking hard at acquiring a back up C and Louis Williams as another PG/SG.

sounds like a pretty good plan to me. i like brooks as well i would like to see him get more minutes. i would like to see us make a run at hinrich if it doesnt cost to much to get him. david lee would also be a good guy for us to look at for the backup center role who could also log minutes at the 4 if landry doesnt resign. it would also allow yao to save some of those big legs for the playoffs and to keep him from getting injured again.

TMAC94
08-04-2008, 09:03 PM
im pretty fine with what we have now.

bball1217
08-04-2008, 09:10 PM
im pretty fine with what we have now.

Same, I like our chances. Plus, whatever Morey does, I have plenty of faith in him to think that it would only help the team improve.

TMAC94
08-04-2008, 09:13 PM
Yeep, i reckon we sign landry for a little otherwise maybe use our MLE for a scorer?

bball1217
08-04-2008, 09:16 PM
Yeep, i reckon we sign landry for a little otherwise maybe use our MLE for a scorer?

Good thing for us is Landry has said he wants to play in Houston, his agent is just doing his job, trying to get more money for his client, so in return he gets more money. :D;)

Tmac to da rack
08-05-2008, 01:07 PM
I think Id trade Barbosa for Battier, not too sure on that. Only because defense wins championship.

connorg3
08-05-2008, 01:42 PM
I think that Rafer stays. Fans are the only ones that have a problem with the guy, as stated in the hoopshype article concerning L. Ridnour. Artest likes him, actually stated he used to watch him when he was a kid. He plays better then most of the scrubs that's being thrown out there who want more. Don't get me wrong, i'd love a great starting PG, just doubt it'll happen with present financial situations. We need a BACKUP PG and C, thats all they're going to go after, unless something big presents itself.

I hope Francis proves me wrong BTW, but he's pretty much washed up to me right now.

fabian11593
08-05-2008, 02:24 PM
Head and Cash for Tinsley.

sep11ie
08-05-2008, 02:45 PM
There's not many people like me that are very happy with the team we already have. I think we have the best team in the league.