PDA

View Full Version : Screw the stupid scrimmage - Rodgers vs. Cowboys relived.

BrewCityBuck
08-04-2008, 12:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yDNW_8nefQ

Found this on Youtube and it was nice to kind of re-live. I'm not going to judge a QB like Rodgers in a glorified practice like last night. You can't judge QB's by what they do in trainingcamp, stupid scrimmages or even preseason. You have to see them on the field, and Rodgers stepped up in the BIGGEST regular season game of the year and took charge. I'm not saying Rodgers is going to do that well in every game, it was just one half of football, but please, don't judge him by a stupid scrimmage. Instead, watch the highlight above and give the guy a damn chance to prove himself.

Ryan Diesel
08-04-2008, 12:14 PM
Yeah, watch him stare down all his receivers. Let's hope he's learned not to do that anymore in the last few months. Watch him running around all scared in the pocket when there is no pressure on him. At least he completed the pass. Cowboys have even been quoted saying they played back on him. They said they threw the kitchen sink at Favre and didn't go after Rodgers like that because they had a pretty big lead. It's funny how practice and training camp means nothing to you, but some half of football in a blowout gives you a boner lol

BrewCityBuck
08-04-2008, 12:26 PM
Ugh, whats it like being pessimistic and negative about everything? I mean my god. Only you could come out of a performance like that with absolutely nothing positive to say whatsoever.

- Aaron Rodgers plays poorly at the 'Packers Family Night game'. And officially our season is over, you judge Aaron Rodgers as a QB thats not going to take our team to the playoffs.

- Aaron Rodgers goes into the biggest game of the year and plays very well, but to you he was running around scared (since when is creating space is running around scared?), staring at his targets and only playing well because the Cowboys were playing back (never mind the fact that Rodgers was still picking them apart).

Nothings ever good enough.

Brooke
08-04-2008, 12:34 PM
he had one big game, big freaking deal. Let's see him do that for the whole season, better yet how long can he stay healthy??

Ryan Diesel
Yes, bless us with more of your football knowledge. Thanks for adding so much football talk to this post. At least my opinions are about the Packers and not the people that post in here. They broke this whole game down on NFL live like a month ago, and Rodgers is a lot rougher around the edges than some of you think. He did good that game, but I don't think he's ready to take us to the playoffs or the SB. If that makes me arrogant than so be it, but you are the one who is a disgrace to Packer fans. I'm the one that wants us to win this year, not start the rebuilding process over.

Ryan Diesel
Yeah, anyone got a youtube video of him pulling his hamstring in practice the day after the cowboy game??? You know, the injury that kept him out of the last four games of the season.

Bauermundo
08-04-2008, 12:48 PM
Yes, bless us with more of your football knowledge. Thanks for adding so much football talk to this post. At least my opinions are about the Packers and not the people that post in here. They broke this whole game down on NFL live like a month ago, and Rodgers is a lot rougher around the edges than some of you think. He did good that game, but I don't think he's ready to take us to the playoffs or the SB. If that makes me arrogant than so be it, but you are the one who is a disgrace to Packer fans. I'm the one that wants us to win this year, not start the rebuilding process over.

Who said I didn't want to win? I say you're a disgrace because you're a whining whiner who whines. Any 4 year old can complain about how horrible Aaron Rodgers is, yet people forget that Brett Favre that emerged off Majkowski's injury. Did anyone really think that Brett Favre was going to be any good when he first came up? Please... What I don't understand is all this hatred towards Aaron Rodgers... He's waiting 4 years behind Favre and hasn't whined like a Diesel.

Trust me, I've wanted Favre to come back. I know he still has it, but this whole situation has created a huge mess. Favre's at fault, Management's at fault.

Speaking of Aaron Rodgers running around scared... Apparently you haven't seen Brett Favre running in circles while Holmgren's yelling at him to get rid of the ball. Players emerge and grow on the field, not on the bench waiting for an opportunity. Nothing wrong with anticipating what could be a great career for Rodgers. Because even if Rodgers is our QB, I'd still want to win. How about you Ryan "The 'Real' Packer Fan" Diesel?

OnWisconsin2007
08-04-2008, 12:49 PM
THey played a prevent defense and gameplanned for Favre all week long. Watching him throw into quadruple coverage in the end-zone, great job. Watching him complete 1 pass in 4 drives against the second team defense, great. Let's just get Favre back and win the SB.

PackAttack09
08-04-2008, 12:57 PM
thats what i hate about these brett favre worshippers, they don't realize how badly brett played. they say the cowboys threw the kitchen sink at brett favre and let aaron rodgers do his thing, gimme a damn break. i don't care what kind of kitchen appliance was thrown at brett favre if you saw how he closed his eyes and heaved the ball at an 80 degree angle with the ball falling short of a receiver who also stopped to adjust to the ball. a logical person might say that they wish that they had a quarter back who would rather scramble or throw it away than make a dumb *** mistake like "the wise 17 year veteran". but with all these favre worshippers there is even more simple logic, Everything Brett Does = The Right Choice it is emphasized in the fact that these people think he could be a great GM, emphasized in the fact that its ok to retire, unretire, retire again, and then unretire again and expect to be the starter without taking part in any offseason activity (excuse me any non-highschool football activity). Take a look at every thing they have to say and you will always notice that the logic is Everything Brett Does = The Right Choice.... It's pretty funny actually

BrewCityBuck
08-04-2008, 12:58 PM
THey played a prevent defense and gameplanned for Favre all week long. Watching him throw into quadruple coverage in the end-zone, great job.

Considering Brett Favre has done that hundreds of times, and lost games throwing into ridiculous coverage and making poor decisions....But if Aaron Rodgers does...thats just stupid!

Let's just get Favre back and win the SB.

Yeah, just like last year.

Ryan Diesel
08-04-2008, 01:03 PM
Yeah you guys are right, we should get rid of Favre because he doesn't win EVERY game. Since he could only win 14 games for us next year, the season was a disaster huh. We should just scrap the plan I suppose because Rodgers is going to win more than 14 games this year?? I don't hate Rodgers, I have him in both of my fantasy football leagues. But I'll gladly forfeit my QB for a shot for the Packers to win a SB. I just think Rodgers isn't ready yet, and he gets hurt really easy. I happen to know Favre is pretty good, who cares what Favre went through when he took over for Majkowski. Those days are past, why go through those growing pains again if you don't have to. Not when your have a SB quality roster, who knows what our team looks like in two to three years when Rodgers hits his stride.

Brooke
08-04-2008, 01:12 PM
yep he played so bad alright, with him the Packers had only one losing season, he only won the division many times and got them to the playoffs. He got them to the Superbowl and won a SB for them, yep so bad huh

if anyone thinks the Packers will win 13 games with Rodgers, keep dreaming because it wont happen. I dont hate Rodgers but I dont appreciate being told to either get on board or shut up. I dont trust that he will get the Packers to the Superbowl, I dont trust that he can stay healthy

thaboss318
08-04-2008, 01:16 PM
one thing i have noticed is that when brett has a bad game against a really good team..everyone calls for his head..but when he is tearing apart the broncos secondary..which a lot of ppl said was the best tandem of cb's last year..theres no love..the fact is...brett favre gives us the best chance to win ANY football game...go back to that cowboys game...brett had NO time in the pocket...getting hit constantly..mike mccarthy had the worst play calling..because the cowboys was missing a corner..had like jacque reeves starting...so he figures he is gonna challenge the deep ball..so finally when brett gets hurt...he switches back to our offense...quick slants..getting yards after the catch...the things that we thrived off of last year..and aaron stares down a few wr's...no pass rush at all...a lot of checkdowns..no deep throws..and u say he is better then brett??? are you crazy???

thaboss318
08-04-2008, 01:18 PM
no one called for peyton manning to be benched when he couldnt win a playoff game...no one said put jim sorgi in when he threw 6 picks in the chargers game...every qb has a bad game..and the games brett didnt show up...u can go back to the playcalling...how many times did grant run the ball in the nfc championship game?? how many yards did he have?? how many times was al harris raped??? these are questions u have to ask urself before u start blaming brett...

Brooke
08-04-2008, 01:20 PM
^^ Thank You. I couldnt have said it better myself

BrewCityBuck
08-04-2008, 01:22 PM
one thing i have noticed is that when brett has a bad game against a really good team..everyone calls for his head..but when he is tearing apart the broncos secondary..which a lot of ppl said was the best tandem of cb's last year..theres no love..

The Broncos secondary got torn apart all last year because the Broncos got absolutely no passrush all year, so QB's could just sit back and wait for a WR to get open. You can have the two best CB's in the world, but with absolutely no passrush or DL play, it's useless. Dre Bly is over the hill, Champ Bailey is the only star in that secondary.

OnWisconsin2007
08-04-2008, 01:24 PM
Yeah, that's exactly right. McCarthy fell in love with the deep ball and called about 10 in a row. None of them worked, and when Fare went out he reverted to the offense - slants, short routes, letting the receivers RAC, and look what happened. It was more of a problem of playcalling and gameplanning then Rodgers being better than Favre.

thaboss318
08-04-2008, 01:28 PM
do u think aaron rodgers would have been able to do it?? he cant even set his feet in the pocket to make a throw...i have read about the training camp practices...him missing wide open wr's...i wont lie to you..when brett retired...i was excited..because i felt aaron was ready...i was fooled by that dallas game just like you were...now going into the preseason the most the coaches can say is that he is not making "mental" mistakes and is being a professional...what about his accuracy...his actual performance..which has sucked all offseason...u cant just suck the whole offseason and say "well gee..i played good in that one game almost a year ago..so i must be ready" part of being a good qb is being consistent..and so far he has consistently sucked this offseason

Ryan Diesel
08-04-2008, 01:35 PM
no one called for peyton manning to be benched when he couldnt win a playoff game...no one said put jim sorgi in when he threw 6 picks in the chargers game...every qb has a bad game..and the games brett didnt show up...u can go back to the playcalling...how many times did grant run the ball in the nfc championship game?? how many yards did he have?? how many times was al harris raped??? these are questions u have to ask urself before u start blaming brett...

AMEN brother.

BrewCityBuck
08-04-2008, 01:38 PM
and the games brett didnt show up...u can go back to the playcalling...how many times did grant run the ball in the nfc championship game?? how many yards did he have?? how many times was al harris raped??? these are questions u have to ask urself before u start blaming brett...

So does Brett Favre just ever have a bad game? Does Brett Favre just win games, and the coaching staff lose games?

thaboss318
08-04-2008, 01:43 PM
thaboss318 - one thing i have noticed is that when brett has a bad game against a really good team..everyone calls for his head..

did you miss the very first thing i said...like i said..no qb is perfect..they are gonna have their bad games..but he still gives us the best chance to win...and i would hate to be bias..but have you seen the qb's that jeff tedford (aaron rodgers college coach) has developed..a bunch of 1st round busts and one journeyman in trent difler

OnWisconsin2007
08-04-2008, 01:45 PM
Brett Favre is here now, it doesn't matter what happened already. You put out the best 11 guys to win the games, TT understands that and everybody else does. I don't give a **** about 5 years down the line at this point, I want to win, NOW. That's what the league is predicated on and that's what a coach's job is. Win NOW. Either you and the rest of the divided fanbase continue to ***** about Favre, or you jump back on the bandwagon and try to win games. Sorry Aaron, it's business now, nothing personal.

Ryan Diesel
08-04-2008, 01:47 PM
So does Brett Favre just ever have a bad game? Does Brett Favre just win games, and the coaching staff lose games?

Brett has bad games like every QB that plays the game. Even Peyton, even Brady. He just has less of them than almost any QB. He's also had more good games than any QB EVER. Maybe you just listen to the games on the radio, or maybe just read box scores. But in case you haven't been watching, Brett Favre is a pretty good QB. I know you refuse to believe anything I say, but believe it or not, he can throw pretty good. I think Favre had two bad games last year and a couple more OK ones. Like 12 or 13 really good ones though. How many other QB's had 12 or 13 good games last year?? How many QB's had only 2 to 3 bad ones??

Brooke
08-04-2008, 01:56 PM
every QB has a bad game. Brady has had bad games, Peyton has had games BUT they when it comes down to it, they know how to win and when the ball is in their hands, the team has the best shot to win. There was a reason Brett was 2nd in the MVP voting.

BrewCityBuck
08-04-2008, 02:03 PM
Brett has bad games like every QB that plays the game. Even Peyton, even Brady. He just has less of them than almost any QB. He's also had more good games than any QB EVER. Maybe you just listen to the games on the radio, or maybe just read box scores. But in case you haven't been watching, Brett Favre is a pretty good QB. I know you refuse to believe anything I say, but believe it or not, he can throw pretty good. I think Favre had two bad games last year and a couple more OK ones. Like 12 or 13 really good ones though. How many other QB's had 12 or 13 good games last year?? How many QB's had only 2 to 3 bad ones??

I don't know why you think i'm some Brett Favre hater. I've been watching Packers games and going to games religiously for 12 years. Brett Favre's my favorite player all-time, I have multiple Favre jerseys that i've worn every game day for years, etc, etc. I would prefer the Packers to keep Favre rather than trading him. Despite some of his mental errors and offseason drama I have nothing bad to say about the guy at all.

servais77
08-04-2008, 02:17 PM
What have you done for me lately....7 for 20 in a scrimmage with a red jersey on....That is brutal.

BrewCityBuck
08-04-2008, 02:19 PM
What have you done for me lately....7 for 20 in a scrimmage with a red jersey on....That is brutal.

It's not impressive, but like i've been saying, it's a glorified training camp session.

thaboss318
08-04-2008, 02:40 PM
It's not impressive, but like i've been saying, it's a glorified training camp session.

what kind of logic do you have??? just because he has stunk all offseason..struggling to make any plays in camp or in a "glorified training camp session" that you can honestly sit here and think that when the season starts up..he is going to be any good...hes there to get the timing down the wr's...something he obviously doesnt have or he would be making plays...practice or not..u have to show up and make some type of plays to be productive..right now he is just practicing at ruining this season if he is the starting qb..

on another note..ur overall love for aaron is a lil weird to me...are you really aaron rodgers urself...are u his pr guy trying to win packer fans over??

BrewCityBuck
08-04-2008, 02:57 PM
He's stunk all offseason? Aaron Rodgers hasn't been doing anything team related until these last couple of weeks. Like i've said, training camp isn't over, we still have all these preseason games. Chill out.

nosferatu
08-04-2008, 03:07 PM
Question for thaboss when has anyone called for Brett's head after a bad game, I think as packer fans we at times give Brett to long a leash, I feel he gives the Packers the best chance to win now but he also gets away with making some of the most ill-advised passes in the NFL. The interception against the Giants in the NFC Championship is a perfect example, he had more than one check down option to go to but attempts to force a ball into a situation that will fail almost everytime and what was said after the game that was really negative about Favre, nothing locally or nationally, it was like oh that's just Brett being Brett. Don't take this as I am a Brett hater because without the legend over the last 16+ years GB wouldn't have been a blip on the radar. I hope this situation can be put rest soon and we can all enjoy atleast one more year of #4, ill advised passes and all, because he still presents the best chance for the franchise to achieve the ultimate prize.

thaboss318
08-04-2008, 03:24 PM
when i referred to people calling for his head..i was referring to us fans..anti-favre fans use that nfc championship game to claim their stake...go to jsonline...based out of wisconsin..and listen to packer fans talk about how he blew the game for us...u can go back to that one interception all day...and if one overtime interception is the focal of why we lost that game..then i would say..as a team we lost that game...no one says "well brett threw the pick at the end that SEALED the loss for us..but really it was poor playcalling...a poor running game (only had 28 yds)..a run defense that didnt show up (gave up a combined 134 yds on the ground...a pro bowl corner who didnt show up...and a passing attack that didnt show up(19/35 236 2 tds t ints)" the blame for that loss is squarely on brett favres shoulders..look around at the forums..the same misinformed ppl say over and over that brett cant win a playoff game..that he makes a bonehead play that loses the game for us...if one play can define a whole game...then i would say the other 52 ppl on the active roster aren't doing their jobs either

newdude
08-04-2008, 03:29 PM
when i referred to people calling for his head..i was referring to us fans..anti-favre fans use that nfc championship game to claim their stake...go to jsonline...based out of wisconsin..and listen to packer fans talk about how he blew the game for us...u can go back to that one interception all day...and if one overtime interception is the focal of why we lost that game..then i would say..as a team we lost that game...no one says "well brett threw the pick at the end that SEALED the loss for us..but really it was poor playing calling...a poor running game (only had 28 yds)..a run defense that didnt show up (gave up a combined 134 yds on the ground...a pro bowl corner who didnt show up...and a passing attack that didnt show up(19/35 236 2 tds t ints)" the blame for that loss is squarely on brett favres shoulders..look around at the forums..the same misinformed ppl say over and over that brett cant win a playoff game..that he makes a bonehead play that loses the game for us...if one play can define a whole game...then i would say the other 52 ppl on the active roster aren't doing their jobs either

:cheers: Exactly!!

nosferatu
08-04-2008, 03:43 PM
I wasn't saying Favre alone blew that game, it was a combined effort by everyone to crap the bed that night, all I was saying is that as fans a lot of us, myself included give Brett to much of a pass when he screws up, I agree the game plan was terrible especially following the Seahawk game where Grant exploded for 201 yards. Because no matter how flawed the game plan is or was it never calls for throwing into extremely tight coverage, and I know the very things that Brett has done throughout his career that has made us all fall in love with his playing style are the same things that make me want to rip out my hair when a pass goes into double or triple coverage, yes we all love the spectacular plays but more often then not the ball just needs to be thrown out of bounds and reloaded for the next play.

thaboss318
08-04-2008, 03:50 PM
im not saying u said that..but a lot of ppl do..yea it is true..he makes mental mistakes at times...forces the ball when he shouldnt..but as many times as it became a bad play..it has also been one of those plays that have kept a drive alive...sometimes u have to take that chance..sometimes it ends up bad..sometimes it ends up good...there was a qb i remember watching by the name of kerry collins who threw balls out of bounds and reloaded for the next play..i remember it so well because it was the first game that he had randy moss on the raiders...what year do u think he gets inducted into the hall of fame?? on another note..if we would have had randy moss...he is the missing piece to brett favres bad throws...the guy would have made a play on 85% of them easy...but because of teddy tightwad....

Grigbay Packer
08-04-2008, 03:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yDNW_8nefQ

Found this on Youtube and it was nice to kind of re-live. I'm not going to judge a QB like Rodgers in a glorified practice like last night. You can't judge QB's by what they do in trainingcamp, stupid scrimmages or even preseason. You have to see them on the field, and Rodgers stepped up in the BIGGEST regular season game of the year and took charge. I'm not saying Rodgers is going to do that well in every game, it was just one half of football, but please, don't judge him by a stupid scrimmage. Instead, watch the highlight above and give the guy a damn chance to prove himself.

If you really want to re-live a 2nd year player that actually did something watch this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ6LTcvzzAs

If I remember right this person didnt have many years of holding a clipboard while he watched a legend play...

PackAttack09
08-04-2008, 04:04 PM
If you really want to re-live a 2nd year player that actually did something watch this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ6LTcvzzAs

If I remember right this person didnt have many years of holding a clipboard while he watched a legend play...

let's compare these two videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47Hf_m65tCA&eurl=http://hotfire.football.nfl.com/

PackAttack09
08-04-2008, 04:05 PM
the fact is this happened twice once in the 4th quarter and once in overtime...

DbOyZ_ILiVe4DIs
08-04-2008, 04:19 PM
Yeah, watch him stare down all his receivers. Let's hope he's learned not to do that anymore in the last few months. Watch him running around all scared in the pocket when there is no pressure on him. At least he completed the pass. Cowboys have even been quoted saying they played back on him. They said they threw the kitchen sink at Favre and didn't go after Rodgers like that because they had a pretty big lead. It's funny how practice and training camp means nothing to you, but some half of football in a blowout gives you a boner lol

You're absolutely right. Rogers did make the throws though. That is all I heard during Cowboys talk that following week. The Cowboys basically ran basic plays but it bit them in the butt. I do think Rogers will be money. This Favre thing can't be good for his confidence. Management must have something up there sleeves. I can't see this being the right decision for the Packers future.

twelvePack
08-04-2008, 04:20 PM
This thread is a joke. Rodgers played a half of football against a defense that didn't have any film on him. The Cowboys game planned for Favre, not Rodgers. Some will say this doesn't matter, but it means everything. The Cowboys blitz packages were set up for Favre's tendencies, not Rodgers. Not to mention that the Cowboys were playing soft against Rodgers anyway.

OnWisconsin2007
08-04-2008, 04:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1P4q483TH0&feature=related

Brett's first start! Great stuff!

Brooke
08-04-2008, 07:08 PM
This thread is a joke. Rodgers played a half of football against a defense that didn't have any film on him. The Cowboys game planned for Favre, not Rodgers. Some will say this doesn't matter, but it means everything. The Cowboys blitz packages were set up for Favre's tendencies, not Rodgers. Not to mention that the Cowboys were playing soft against Rodgers anyway.

Yup pretty much. We play the Cowboys again this year and I bet if Rodgers is the starter their game plan will be much different

Yes I love Favre but I do get mad and ticked off when he makes a mistake, it took me awhile to get over that last game. At the end of the day, he still gives us the best chance to win

socalpkrbkr
08-04-2008, 11:19 PM
I give all the Green Bay Packers players chances to show me what they've got before I talk ****. No need to rip on a player until he is under the gun when it counts and NOT performing at an NFL level. The Cowboy game was encouraging whether you want to admit it or not. Rodgers moved the offense and helped keep the team in a game that I thought was getting way out of control before halftime.