PDA

View Full Version : Yao: Beijing Will Be My Last Olympics

phlp_bj
08-04-2008, 10:18 AM
Rockets center Yao Ming claims that this month's Olympic Games in Beijing will be his last appearance for his home country of China, according to Reuters.

"It will be my third (Olympics)," Yao said.

"I was a very young player and got my first taste of the Olympics in 2000 at Sydney. I played in Athens in 2004 and now this is my home country and the highest special honor in 2008," he added. "Enough, I think. Why would I need to play in London in 2012."

http://www.reuters.com/article/sportsNews/idUSPAT41356320080804

DaddyCool
08-04-2008, 10:20 AM
Yea, he needs to rest. He seems to be made of glass, always getting injured.

pippsux
08-04-2008, 10:35 AM
This is great news. What is asked of Yao from his country is almost criminal. Not only has he had to be the main guy on their olympic teams, but he has had to participate in meanigless and countless tournaments and has not had any rest. It is a testiment to being in great shape that he does not have more serious injuries. So I am glad for Yao finally stepping up and letting them know, hey guys, enough.

greek miami hea
08-04-2008, 10:37 AM
Yea, he needs to rest. He seems to be made of glass, always getting injured.

haha.lmao.yea!!!!!!!!!!he is just a tall thin guy made from glass and skin!!!!!!!

DreamShaker
08-04-2008, 10:39 AM
Good....he needs to relax a bit....I agree with Pip saying they expec t too much out of him.....Team China blows anyways.....

NYMetros
08-04-2008, 10:39 AM
This is probably a good thing for Yao. He is getting tired out from them and maybe it is leading to him getting injured during the NBA games. Only good can come from this. The more rest the better for him.

pippsux
08-04-2008, 10:49 AM
I mean just in the Olympics alone, he will probably have to carry the team Flag for a long walk, stand for another hour while all the countries make there way to the field, make some kind welcome announcement to the world, light the torch and they go back to train for the Olympic tournament that they are not even among the top 5 possibly to win. He is a human being not a piece of meat. I have noticed a slight change in Yao since late last year when he called his team out and commented on the Artest trade. Yao is starting to round into shape.

QUICKTRADE
08-04-2008, 11:17 AM
there should be a regulaion that bans players from appearing more than once in an olympic sports to give chance to other players to showcase their skill and talents. Even Yao shows for x years, china will not win the Olympic basketball games the years to come probably in the next 20 years.

SHONIE
08-04-2008, 11:59 AM
Good choice. Its not like they'll ever win anyway.

Jay22Redd
08-04-2008, 12:21 PM
Less injuries after next season???