PDA

View Full Version : Luke Ridnour to Rockets?

mindofsports82
08-04-2008, 09:13 AM
OK so on the ever-so-popular HoopsWorld they are speculating that Luke Ridnour might be trade from the Oklahoma City ______. The Rockets, Cavs and like three other teams have made offers. Whether it be true or not, what does everyone think? If we can unload Head or something like that to get the backup point guard we are desperate for right now, I am down. Let's get crunk. (I am embracing Ron Artest by releasing my inner ghetto.)

dchalphen
08-04-2008, 09:40 AM
Sounds like a descent idea. We need a backup point, but Luke is not all that impressive and he has a hefty contract. I don't think just giving up Head would do it so I would be interested in seeing who else is in the potential deal.

Jpripper88
08-04-2008, 09:47 AM
Ridnour makes $6.5 million (and still has another year) so I doubt this has a shot at happening but the only trade that would work would be Head, Francis and Hayes/Novak/Harris. I would do that, but not be that excited about it.

pippsux
08-04-2008, 09:53 AM
Luke has a good mid range game, and would be a solid bench player. Probably Head, Hayes or Novak. I checked for a source, but could not find one, might just be a rumor.

Manos
08-04-2008, 10:07 AM
Ridnour shoots just as crappy as Alston and his D isn't any better. He's also more expensive than Alston. I say no thanks.

TMAC94
08-04-2008, 10:10 AM
^^ Amen

QUICKTRADE
08-04-2008, 11:23 AM
he a descent point gurad but too much money

HouRealCoach
08-04-2008, 11:26 AM
He costs way too much

rocketfuel
08-04-2008, 02:38 PM
Luke doesn't fit Morey's Moneyball value apporach to acquiring players. Morey uses a compliacted formula where he gets the most value for the price.... For what he's paid, Luke just doesn't fit.....

Rhyming Rebel
08-04-2008, 07:31 PM
No thx, Rafer is much better and So is Francis and Brooks.

Manos
08-05-2008, 09:40 AM
Luke Ridnour to the Rockets?

It's amusing to me the number of times I see it reported in rumor mills across the country . . .but never in Houston . . .that the Rockets are shopping for a point guard. Today it's The Oklahoman including the Rockets in a list of teams that are "annually looking for an upgrade at point guard."

They're part of a list, and I can understand why the NBA's media (relative) newcomers might believe that there is some stock in repeating what others have said rather than creating new news at such an early stage of being an NBA market. You don't want to be perceived as the new kid who doesn't get it yet. You know, the Rookie Treatment.

But here's a note.

The Houston Rockets aren't seeking an upgrade at point guard. They've extremely happy with Alston, and from GM to VP they don't understand why Rafer Alston's name keeps coming up in trade rumors or why there's a perception that they aren't happy with him. The truth is the Rockets have a very good long-term vision at the point spot and it has nothing to do with upgrading the point guard spot. They love Alston starting, and see Aaron Brooks as the future floor leader of the team.

All of that aside, however, it doesn't even make sense that Ridnour would be referred to as an "upgrade" for Houston. An "upgrade," after all, is generally something better than what you already have. You don't "upgrade" your PS2 by picking up a Super Nintendo. You go get a PS3. In the case of Alston and Ridnour, there is no way to look at such an exchange as an upgrade. Ridnour was, at his peak, almost as good as Alston, and has fallen off in successive seasons since then. Alston was head and shoulders better than Ridnour last season in every statistical category except free throw percentage (86% to 72%). Acquiring Ridnour, then, would be a significant step back for the Rockets.

Finally, Houston's biggest deficiency, which could prove to be their Achilles' heel, is at center. Mutombo's future is uncertain, though the Rockets remain confident he'll be back for one more season, but even at that they're short a man in the middle. Long before they trade any valuable pieces away for a third point guard they'll look to add another center to the roster.

Pretty much the same thing we've been saying...

JordansBulls
08-05-2008, 09:47 AM
No thx, Rafer is much better and So is Francis and Brooks.

:clap:

houstonrockets1
08-05-2008, 10:16 AM
Yeh Ridnour is not great all he has is a good passing game and thats it he would be the fourth string PG anyway because as stated previously by you guys Alston Brooks and Francis are so so much better than him

Tmac to da rack
08-05-2008, 12:22 PM
So squash the Luke rumors????????????