PDA

View Full Version : OKC in Northwest division?????

Hellcrooner
08-04-2008, 03:34 AM
er shouldnt the divisions be remade after the move from seatle to OK?

Something like this?

Boston,Ny,Tor,Phi,Nj

Was,Cha,Orl,Mia,MEM

Det,OKC,MIl,CHi,Cle

IND,MEM,NO,DAll,HOu

S.a,Pho,Lac,CLip,Sac

Gs,den,port,utah,MIn

Kyle N.
08-04-2008, 03:36 AM
If you look at it on map it shouldn't change their division. They'd still be the most "northwest team" not in the division.

Hellcrooner
08-04-2008, 03:42 AM
I looked at the map
and its one hell of a thing to make the divisions.

But to me Okc is too far from the Norhtwest....

I think it wodul be better to add up two more names and make 8 divisions who would make more sense like

Mexico City, dallas, S.A, Hou

No,OKC,Mem,Atl

Mia,orl,Was, Cha

Phi, NY, Nj, BOs

Tor, Det, CHi, Cle

Min, Utah, MIl,Port ( that would be the strangest)

Den, VEGAS,PHo ;Ind

Lake, Clip,Gs, Sac

DenButsu
08-04-2008, 03:42 AM
There's nothing "north" about Oklahoma.

I think the most sensible thing would simply be for Sac and OKC to switch divisions.

Hellcrooner
08-04-2008, 03:45 AM
or Okc and Milwaukee, since MIlwauke used to be a west team

Kyle N.
08-04-2008, 03:49 AM

I think the most sensible thing would simply be for Sac and OKC to switch divisions.

You're right, there's nothing "north" about them, but it's the most north team besides the Kings and Warriors. If you switch the Kings and OKC then it's far for both of them. If they stay, it's just as far for OKC. The Kings and Warriors are practically next door neighbors. How can OKC be in the same division as the Warriors but not the Kings?

Jay22Redd
08-04-2008, 04:08 AM
er shouldnt the divisions be remade after the move from seatle to OK?

Something like this?

Boston,Ny,Tor,Phi,Nj

Was,Cha,Orl,Mia,MEM

Det,OKC,MIl,CHi,Cle

IND,MEM,NO,DAll,HOu

S.a,Pho,Lac,CLip,Sac

Gs,den,port,utah,MIn

Why wouldnt you put all TEXAS teams in the SAME division???:eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:

DenButsu
08-04-2008, 04:12 AM
Denbutsu's amazing Paint skills to the rescue (http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/7852/nbadivisionmapiq3.png).

I guess the divisions should probably just stay the same. Most of them make at least a degree of sense - except for the NW.

Probably, the name should just be changed from "the Northwest Division" to "the Everything Else Division"

boeknows
08-04-2008, 07:13 PM

And how is there anything northwest about minnesota? They are both equally far from the other teams in the league. Actually OKC will be closer to Utah and Denver than Minny will be and they are both pretty far from Portland.

DreamShaker
08-04-2008, 08:51 PM
Ummm.....I think that we could afford to switch them with the Hornets in the Southwest Division.....;)

BADizzleBoY
08-04-2008, 08:59 PM
okc is in the mid-america reigion.

Kyle N.
08-04-2008, 09:18 PM
Maybe they should change it back to the Midwest Division.

DenButsu
08-04-2008, 10:21 PM
Maybe they should change it back to the Midwest Division.

I love this idea, and I think a restructuring of the divisions should take place in which the Northwest Div. ceases to exist and the new division you describe is created:

THE MIDWEST DIVISION (http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/989/newnbadivisionmapyd1.png) (<map)

The other divisions could then just sort themselves out.

Perfect! :clap:

Kyle N.
08-04-2008, 10:27 PM
I was just saying they should change the name, but ok.

Rockets Fanatic
08-04-2008, 11:53 PM
BOLD=NEW TEAM

West:

Southwest:
Houston
Dallas
SA
New Orleans
OKC

Northwest:
Utah
Denver
Portland
Minnesota
Milwaukee

Pacific:
GS
LAL
LAC
Sacramento
Phoenix

East:

Southeast:
Miami
Orlando
Atlanta
Memphis
Charlotte

Atlantic:
Washington
Boston
NY
NJ
Philly

Central:
Cleveland
Chicago
Toronto
Detroit
Indiana

DaddyCool
08-04-2008, 11:57 PM
It doesn't matter. If it's like that why the hell are the Dallas Cowboys in the NFC East?

Kyle N.
08-04-2008, 11:59 PM
BOLD=NEW TEAM

West:

Southwest:
Houston
Dallas
SA
New Orleans
OKC

Northwest:
Utah
Denver
Portland
Minnesota
Milwaukee

Pacific:
GS
LAL
LAC
Sacramento
Phoenix

East:

Southeast:
Miami
Orlando
Atlanta
Memphis
Charlotte

Atlantic:
Washington
Boston
NY
NJ
Philly

Central:
Cleveland
Chicago
Toronto
Detroit
Indiana

Wow, that's perfect. Seriously they should do that. Nice job. :cheers:

SAVAGE CLAW
08-05-2008, 12:02 AM
Wow, that's perfect. Seriously they should do that. Nice job. :cheers:

Agreed that should be it.

DreamShaker
08-05-2008, 12:11 AM
BOLD=NEW TEAM

West:

Southwest:
Houston
Dallas
SA
New Orleans
OKC

Northwest:
Utah
Denver
Portland
Minnesota
Milwaukee

Pacific:
GS
LAL
LAC
Sacramento
Phoenix

East:

Southeast:
Miami
Orlando
Atlanta
Memphis
Charlotte

Atlantic:
Washington
Boston
NY
NJ
Philly

Central:
Cleveland
Chicago
Toronto
Detroit
Indiana

Dude as a Rocs fan you gotta be more homerish....why replace the worst team in the division with no future for a team just as bad with Kevin Durant??? You gotta get rid of the Hornets on this bro....c'mon!!!

SpeedReed
08-05-2008, 12:39 AM
don't really see any need for change. the northwest is naturally gonna be a spread out division given the geography.

how soon will we see a team in boise, billings, fargo, cheyenne? never.

Las Vegas though? maybe sooner than later.

Rockets Fanatic
08-05-2008, 01:14 AM
Dude as a Rocs fan you gotta be more homerish....why replace the worst team in the division with no future for a team just as bad with Kevin Durant??? You gotta get rid of the Hornets on this bro....c'mon!!!

When I look at it, by the time Seattle is good, SA, Dallas or both teams will suck

Kyle N.
08-05-2008, 01:18 AM
It's good for Memphis and bad for Milwaukee.

TheFuture6
08-05-2008, 02:08 AM
I love this idea, and I think a restructuring of the divisions should take place in which the Northwest Div. ceases to exist and the new division you describe is created:

THE MIDWEST DIVISION (http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/989/newnbadivisionmapyd1.png) (<map)

:laugh2:

I like it.

chad311k9
08-05-2008, 02:17 AM
lets not be nieve. nothing is going to change other than seattle going to OKC. the nba doesn't care about the environment or fuel costs of traveling to games. the divisions will remain exactly the same until more teams are added.

*look at he NFL, and the seattle seahawks, every year they are the team that travels the most, because nobody cares about realignment.

GunFactor187
08-05-2008, 02:19 AM
Denbutsu's amazing Paint skills to the rescue (http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/7852/nbadivisionmapiq3.png).

I guess the divisions should probably just stay the same. Most of them make at least a degree of sense - except for the NW.

Probably, the name should just be changed from "the Northwest Division" to "the Everything Else Division"

I am now calling you PSD's resident Amerigo Vespucci!!!!