PDA

View Full Version : My proposal for schedule

asomen
08-04-2008, 03:16 AM
I think the NBA, more than most other leagues in America, have a huge problem in the imbalance of leagues. The Western confrence continuously beats up on each other...and there is usually only one maybe two teams from the eastern confrence that walk through their playoffs.

The NBA is the only league I can think of that divides the two divisions according to where the city is located in the U.S.

I am going to propose this idea to everyone and give me some feedback. What if we divided the nba up into divisions that mix and match and not just base it on if you are in the eastern part of the US or the western...this is a rough draft of what divisons could possibly look like...

League 1 Division 1:

Boston Celtics, Toronto Raptors, Philidelphia 76'ers, New Jersey Nets, New York Knicks.

League 1 Division 2:

LA Lakers, Phoenix Suns, Golden State Warriors, Sacremento Kings, LA Clippers

League 1 Division 3:

Orlando Magic, Washington Wizards, Atlanta Hawks, Charlotte Bobcats, Miami Heat

League 2 Division 1:

Detroit Pistons, Cleveland Cavs, Indiana Pacers, Chicago Bulls, Milwaukee Bucks

League 2 Divison 2:

Utah Jazz, Denver Nuggets, Portland Trailblazers, Minnesota Timberwolves, Okalahoma city____

Leagur 2 Divison 3:

New Orleans Hornets, San Antonio Spurs, Houston Rockets, Dallas Mavericks, Memphis Grizzlies.

I think this would be a pleasant shakeup in leagues....giving very equal teams in each. We would have more fair playoff matchups. We wouldn't have the 8 seed in the western confrence be equal to the 3 seed in the eastern anymore.

thoughts?

Crunchy12489
08-04-2008, 03:25 AM
League 2 Division 3 would be the hardest division to win in imo.

asomen
08-04-2008, 03:28 AM
League 2 Division 3 would be the hardest division to win in imo.

I didn't change any of the divisons...those are the divisons that are currently...i just took league 1 divison 2...and swapped it with league 2 divison 1.

Hellcrooner
08-04-2008, 03:29 AM
I would simply forget the divisions or conferences for Playoff matters
the top 16 teams make it into the playoffs.

This way after 2 or three eyars the league wouldbe balanced again

Why? beause teams like portland woudl make the playofs and hawks wouldnt
so Hawks woudl get good rookie sin teh draft...

Just an example.

asomen
08-04-2008, 03:31 AM

Just an example.

Yeah i was thinking that...but then you would have to make sure every team plays each other the same amount of time...and that could be annoying.

Crunchy12489
08-04-2008, 03:32 AM
I didn't change any of the divisons...those are the divisons that are currently...i just took league 1 divison 2...and swapped it with league 2 divison 1.

Oh, I thought these divisions looked familiar....

Kyle N.
08-04-2008, 03:33 AM

Just an example.

That's really the only fair way. It's dumb how the Hawks make the playoffs but not the Warriors, and the list goes on.

asomen
08-04-2008, 03:34 AM
Oh, I thought these divisions looked familiar....

Yeah, it would be more realilstic if I kept the divisons the way they were and swapped them out. This woudn't be possible if you mixed each teams in random division...with traveling purposes and such. can't have random cities in the U.S. in the same divisions.

Hellcrooner
08-04-2008, 03:38 AM
mmm im not much into it, but in other spoerts like Football and Baseball, do they not exist TWO leagues and in both of them are teams from both coasts?

I may be wrong, im nto much a fan of them, basically because they hardely put some here on tv, and its a pity i woudl love to follow Nfl