PDA

View Full Version : Seriously speaking what team would you even want in the 1st round ....

JordansBulls
08-04-2008, 12:22 AM
I know it is quite early but, seriously speaking what team would you even want in the 1st round next season?

You have:
Lakers
Hornets
Mavericks
Spurs
Jazz
Suns
Blazers
Nuggets
Warriors
Clippers

Teams in Bold are the teams more likely to make the playoffs with maybe a team like Portland. If that is the case, what team would you even want to play in Round 1?

bball1217
08-04-2008, 12:34 AM
Any of the teams not in bold.

Out of the teams in bold, Mavericks, Suns and Jazz.

MADspartan
08-04-2008, 12:50 AM
I do not want the Jazz, Deron Williams will wear us out AGAIN! Out of the teams in bold, I would take the Lakers, I think with the enhanced Defense that we have now we could really wear them down.

DreamShaker
08-04-2008, 01:21 AM
Anybody but Utah, San Antonio, or the Hornets.....thier PG's scare me....

mightybosstone
08-04-2008, 02:26 AM
We actually played really well against San Antonio and New Orleans last season... but I wouldn't want to play against either of them in the playoffs. I'd much rather have a matchup against Phoenix, Dallas, Golden State, Denver, or Portland. I do NOT want the Jazz again and the Spurs, Hornets, or Lakers would be brutal first round matchups.

Jay22Redd
08-04-2008, 03:58 AM
Of course Id want the Rox to play a team that is not in bold in the first round, maybe Blazers or Clippers just to boost our confidence up and T-Mac and Yao will be out of the first round.

But if we had to face a team in bold, id like it to be Utah or Dallas since they are the teams that stopped the T-Mac and Yao Era from ever making it to the next round.

Chronz
08-04-2008, 04:12 AM
Jazz, let them feel the pain of being bounced in the first round for a change

We no longer have to play this game of who we want to matchup with, the Rockets can hang with anyone.

goku
08-04-2008, 04:14 AM
portland would be the perfect match-up

BoSelecta!!!
08-04-2008, 11:35 AM
Seriously I WANT the JAZZ!!!

Manos
08-04-2008, 12:04 PM

My thoughts exactly. I'd love to sweep the Jazz in the first round. I wouldn't mind knocking out the Jazz, Mavs, Spurs, Hornets or Lakers in the first. If we can stay healthy, with the additions of Artest and Barry, I think we're competitive with any team in the NBA. Although an easier road to the Finals is preferential to every team, with the team we have now, I've got no desire to run from any of them.

lilboytwister99
08-04-2008, 01:00 PM
Heck yeah I want Utah in the first round. We need to turn the tables on them for once. The only way we can prove to be champs is if we beat them in the first round. I know we'd prolly end up higher than a #4 seed, but still I want Utah. We owe them an arse kickin!

JordansBulls
08-04-2008, 01:19 PM
Heck yeah I want Utah in the first round. We need to turn the tables on them for once. The only way we can prove to be champs is if we beat them in the first round. I know we'd prolly end up higher than a #4 seed, but still I want Utah. We owe them an arse kickin!

Jazz will be the 4th seed no matter what because they will win their division. I think the Rockets will be the #1 seed, thus the two teams will meet in Round 2.

BenFrank
08-04-2008, 01:22 PM
I want Utah!!! I was watchin a video on youtube.. with Artest beatin his chest and gettin ejected from a Utah Game.. talk about a Rivaly this would make.. I see houston winning 4-1 Revenge is on it's way

pippsux
08-04-2008, 01:24 PM
I want the Jazz again. The great Bulls teams had to eventually go through the Pistons and the kobe/Shaq Lakers had to get past the Jazz and Spurs. We need to get past the Jazz. True Dwill is a big guard and has destroyed us in the past. He seems to be on some "medication" I swear he keeps growing and growing. But I like our retooled team and feel we can take them.

FOBolous
08-04-2008, 01:42 PM
i don't care as long as we get out of the first round

bcross90
08-04-2008, 01:53 PM
getting out of the first round isnt the goal anymore. the goal is wc champs! i dont care because you gotta throught them all. i would love to lay the smack down on boozer and sloan for all those years he wiped us out.

HouRealCoach
08-04-2008, 02:05 PM
We can beat Jazz he cant do that BS against Artest....Francis is a big guard 2....He can do it right back

HouRealCoach
08-04-2008, 02:06 PM
Truly I want to face the OKC ot the grizzlies

astrosmaniac
08-04-2008, 02:32 PM
i want the nuggets. no defense VS the best defense, lol. McGrady, yao, and artest dont have to work hard to score :cool:

frizbo72
08-04-2008, 02:35 PM
getting out of the first round isnt the goal anymore. the goal is wc champs! i dont care because you gotta throught them all. i would love to lay the smack down on boozer and sloan for all those years he wiped us out.

Baby steps. Work on getting out of the first round and then we'll go from there. You guys are all crazy for wanting to play Utah in the first round. Win or lose, they are so physical that they would hurt you chances later on. Reguardless of whether or not a team is better then Utah they dont want to face them in the playoffs. Plus Utah plays Houston better with Yao there and can spread the floor out and create more for Boozer. It's Scola that kills the Jazz but he will lose pt with yao there.

agobbi17
08-04-2008, 03:18 PM
Honestly, I would pick jazz so we can get some revenge on them but realisticly, bring on any team in the freaking NBA. The Rockets can matchup better than any team in the league. You think the Celtics were dangerous? There about to catch a case. A 22 game winning streak record was set by a Yao less squad for the second half of the streak and they just added the best defensive player in the game for draft picks and a washed up pg.

So now you tell me, with the best Center(Yao Ming), 2 of the best defensive players(Battier and Artest), a scoring champ(Tmac), a well developed pg(Rafer), a polished foreign PF (Scola) and a lethal bench. How far do you think they can go compared to any team?

I'd say the sky is the limit.

08-09 Houston Rockets.... this is our year

frizbo72
08-04-2008, 04:23 PM
Easy on the best Center and polished pg comments. If I remember right the Lakers tried to stack a team with Payton, Kobe, Malone, and Shaq and they didn't win a Championship. All four of those players at that time were better then your current players at their respected positions. You can't even say that Tmac and Yao have any chemsitry let alone throw in another injury prone thug. Just relax until you actually even see a practice, let alone a game.

JordansBulls
08-04-2008, 04:47 PM
Honestly, I would pick jazz so we can get some revenge on them but realisticly, bring on any team in the freaking NBA. The Rockets can matchup better than any team in the league. You think the Celtics were dangerous? There about to catch a case. A 22 game winning streak record was set by a Yao less squad for the second half of the streak and they just added the best defensive player in the game for draft picks and a washed up pg.

So now you tell me, with the best Center(Yao Ming), 2 of the best defensive players(Battier and Artest), a scoring champ(Tmac), a well developed pg(Rafer), a polished foreign PF (Scola) and a lethal bench. How far do you think they can go compared to any team?

I'd say the sky is the limit.

08-09 Houston Rockets.... this is our year

Good post and this is how I think Rockets fans should feel with the team you have now.
I wish the Bulls had you guys team. But oh well I live in Houston now and my wife loves the Rockets and I have gone to a few games last year. Hopefully this year I can get some playoff tickets.

ii77daman
08-04-2008, 04:56 PM
rockets
lakers
spurs
hornets
jazz
suns
mavs
blazers

ii77daman
08-04-2008, 04:59 PM
with artest in there.....the rockets have the option of puttin battier on deron, paul

alexander_37
08-04-2008, 05:08 PM
all of them at once

frizbo72
08-04-2008, 05:21 PM
with artest in there.....the rockets have the option of puttin battier on deron, paul

And have Tmac run the point? Smaller teams will run that lineup to death.

agobbi17
08-04-2008, 05:28 PM
Easy on the best Center and polished pg comments. If I remember right the Lakers tried to stack a team with Payton, Kobe, Malone, and Shaq and they didn't win a Championship. All four of those players at that time were better then your current players at their respected positions. You can't even say that Tmac and Yao have any chemsitry let alone throw in another injury prone thug. Just relax until you actually even see a practice, let alone a game.

First of all lets get something straight frizbo. YAO MING is the BEST CENTER.

Second i said polished power forward, not point guard.

Tmac and Yao have great chemistry and they play well off of each other. Artest brings more defense to the starting 5 and an efficient offensive game. Your right that we haven't seen them play yet but boy oh boy is this season gonna be crunk.

Yao > Shaq .... simple as that, dont even argue.
Scola < Malone
Artest > who ever
Tmac <_ Kobe ... barely
Alston > Payton .... Rafer does alot more for this team than payton ever did for the lakers.

Well what do you know. Houston starting 5 was better than Lakers starting 5 that got dominated by the Pistons TEAM. I captialize TEAM because thats something the Rockets have that the Lakers didn't.

frizbo72
08-04-2008, 06:15 PM
First of all lets get something straight frizbo. YAO MING is the BEST CENTER.

Second i said polished power forward, not point guard.

Tmac and Yao have great chemistry and they play well off of each other. Artest brings more defense to the starting 5 and an efficient offensive game. Your right that we haven't seen them play yet but boy oh boy is this season gonna be crunk.

Yao > Shaq .... simple as that, dont even argue.
Scola < Malone
Artest > who ever
Tmac <_ Kobe ... barely
Alston > Payton .... Rafer does alot more for this team than payton ever did for the lakers.

Well what do you know. Houston starting 5 was better than Lakers starting 5 that got dominated by the Pistons TEAM. I captialize TEAM because thats something the Rockets have that the Lakers didn't.

Thanks for your OPINION. I can't help to wonder what you are thinking by saying Yao>Shaq. That is just stupid. Shaq has 4 championships and he earned them all. Without him we know Kobe couldn't get it done and look what he did for Miami. Only a Roxs fan would say that. And Alston better then Payton. Alston only dreams of making an allstar team let alone as many as Payton. Payton was one of the best if not greatest all time PG defenders.

I like their Chemistry too. What did it get them? A first round exist when they played together. At least they went out in the Finals unlike the all too familiar first round. I too look forward to the season but there are about 3-4 teams in the west I fear over the over hyped Roxy Girls.

Rhyming Rebel
08-04-2008, 07:05 PM

Bring em on please..... Payback is a B!+ch

t mac and vick
08-04-2008, 08:44 PM
Lakers so we can finally shut them the hell up

BRADfromOZ
08-04-2008, 08:52 PM
Dallas.

fredv
08-07-2008, 10:31 AM
I want Utah. Shut there mouth once and for all. Payback time.

jdillion
08-07-2008, 01:05 PM
out of the teams in bold i would take the suns and mavs who i believe are fading fast

t-mac1nukka
08-07-2008, 01:29 PM
i dont like our matchup with amare though. though they dont have the d to stop tmac yao and artest.

i would like to beat utah!!!!

RocketPowered
08-08-2008, 01:44 AM
Spurs...................just to get it over with... they will offer the best challenge

JMKnick33
08-08-2008, 01:46 AM
Spurs...................just to get it over with... they will offer the best challenge

lol. if they cant get out of the first round..what makes you think they'll get past the first round against the spurs?

i actually wouldn't mind that though, since i hate the spurs.

RocketPowered
08-08-2008, 01:49 AM
well the spurs to me... is the best challenge to ANY team... so it will be a gruelling match to watch.. to test our new team with artest

htownhamzab
08-08-2008, 02:32 AM
Mavs or Jazz. I wanna see Ron Artest v. Matt Harpring in the playoffs.

JordansBulls
08-08-2008, 11:05 AM
Lakers so we can finally shut them the hell up

:)

bbinthepark
08-08-2008, 02:07 PM
we should be a top 3 seed. my 6, 7 & 8 are the spurs, mavericks & blazers. of course i'd love the take out the jazz early as a statement, but that's a more likely a second round matchup (just as good, we'll embarass the jazz soon enough).

goku
08-09-2008, 04:18 AM
blazers since they have no experience