PDA

View Full Version : What Would it take to get BEN GORDON to Utah?

kurtismurray
08-04-2008, 12:09 AM
Ben Gordon obviously having trouble getting a contract with Chicago. What would you think of a sign and trade to get him? I came up with this trade that would fit salaries and think they would do it should Gordon get his desired amount of about 11 Million/year.

Jazz get:
Ben Gordon ($11 Million)
Thabo Sefolosha ($2 Million)

Bulls get:
Matt Harpring ($6 Million)
Ronnie Brewer ($2 Million)
Kyrlo Fesenko ($800K)
Ronnie Price ($2 Million)
2009 First Round Pick

Jazz Starting Line up:
PG. Deron Williams/Thabo Sefolosha/Brevin Knight
SG. Ben Gordon/CJ Miles/Morris Almond
SF. Andrei Kirilenko/Morris Almond/CJ Miles
PF. Carlos Boozer/Paul Millsap/Kosta Koufos
C. Mehmet Okur/Kosta Koufos/Jarren Collins

POZUNO
08-04-2008, 01:32 AM
Wow..That would be great if you guys can land Gordon. Great idea and would definitely boost your team this coming season. Good luck on that.

Raupie
08-04-2008, 09:11 AM
I don't like it at all. I'm not a fan of Ben Gordon. He is an undersized SG... so we'll even have more problems on the defensive side of the ball. Who will he take shots from? We can only shoot the ball so many times a game and we already have Boozer, Memo, and DWill as main scoring options. Plus, 11 million for Gordon is way too much... as least in my mind. I don't see him being much better then Kyle Korver who is making half that. Korver isn't as creative of a scorer as Goodon... but with Dwill at the point, he doesn't need to be.

I don't think that trade would make us any better. And I don't think Gordon's attitude would mix well with Sloan. So if we make any mooves, it needs to be for someone who fits our style of play.

THE_FLASH_21
08-04-2008, 09:22 AM
not that easy friend.... He's a superstar and u just can't give them role players!!

futureman
08-04-2008, 09:44 AM
I wouldn't call him a superstar. But I think that the jazz are more interested in keeping what they have and foolishly hoping to sign boozer to a new contract when there will be no cap room.

jimbobjarree
08-04-2008, 11:27 AM
Still Gordon is that decent outside scorer we've been needing to clear room in the paint, but again he's another guy that cant shut down the dominant SGs in this league