PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Family Night

Brunner
08-03-2008, 10:44 PM
Overall, I thought the scrimmage was alright.

The offense had its moments. Rodgers did not impress me. Brohm and Flynn had bright spots. The defense played well, especially without some major starters.

newdude
08-03-2008, 10:47 PM
Any surprises? Especially on the thin D-line?

Brooke
08-03-2008, 10:48 PM
Yeah I wasn't very impressed with Rodgers. This was his chance to prove to people he could do it but he didn't look good at all. Even the Packer announcers hardly had any compliments for the offense

defense on the other hand was great :)

wwfd1220
08-03-2008, 10:56 PM
i agree with the a-rod remarks. he threw an int in the endzone and he did not complete a ton of throws. although he had a pass that was good and i will give him his props on that

OnWisconsin2007
08-03-2008, 11:00 PM
Rodgers wasn't impressive. Make a lot of bad throws. No Grant either.

The defense looked real nice, especially missing a handful of starters.

wwfd1220
08-03-2008, 11:02 PM
i thought that c peprah looked awesome. and i noticed that i didnt hear the name jarrod bush. not that it bothers me. but i am guessing he is not turning any heads in camp

Brunner
08-03-2008, 11:07 PM
Bush made one good play and you'd swear he picked of Brady in the SB by the way he reacted. He won't have a significant role on the defense.

servais77
08-03-2008, 11:11 PM
I have a thought....Brett Favre may be starting by the August 11th preseason game. Now I know why they are waffling on their commitment. Thank god Brett is coming back.

PackerFan4Ever
08-04-2008, 01:20 AM
Rodgers Sucked *** Brohm Played Like **** And Flynn Was The One That Looked Like A Real Starting Qb

Thank God Favre Is Coming Back

Urbs
08-04-2008, 01:41 AM
I was at family night tonight and all i can say is bring back favre or start workin real hard on Brohm because Rodgers is not the QB we need. The guy didnt really do anything well.. All he did was move around alot in the pocket. He should have known tonight was the night to show what he had and if thats all he had then all i gotta say is YIKES.

masseycubs
08-04-2008, 02:31 AM
I'll start by saying that waiting to be seated pissed me off. I know it is only a scrimmage, but I wouldn't mind seeing Favre come back. I thought Flynn was better than Brohm. Rodgers was okay.I like the defense. They were really agressive. I hope they play like this in the regular season.

BrewCityBuck
08-04-2008, 11:36 AM
You simply cannot judge Aaron Rodgers based on a scrimmage, when many players weren't playing, when many guys were holding back and the offense not wanting to show anything they have for this coming season.

It's simply irresponsible to judge Aaron Rodgers off of a stupid family night scrimmage.

augipitcher3
08-04-2008, 11:41 AM
You simply cannot judge Aaron Rodgers based on a scrimmage, when many players weren't playing, when many guys were holding back and the offense not wanting to show anything they have for this coming season.

It's simply irresponsible to judge Aaron Rodgers off of a stupid family night scrimmage.

Yeah I agree I was wondering what all that was about. It's like in the Vikings forum when apparently TJack threw a couple picks in 7 on 7 drills the other day everyone was like, "We have to get Favre now." What is with all the panic? Some people need to relax and realize it is preseason and training camp for a reason.

BrewCityBuck
08-04-2008, 11:45 AM
Yeah I agree I was wondering what all that was about. It's like in the Vikings forum when apparently TJack threw a couple picks in 7 on 7 drills the other day everyone was like, "We have to get Favre now." What is with all the panic? Some people need to relax and realize it is preseason and training camp for a reason.

Exactly. My god, last night was a glorified practice. We've seen Aaron Rodgers come into the biggest game of the year against Dallas, come in and just man up, put the team on his back, and people are freaking out over some stupid family night game?

I mean my lord, training camp isn't even over yet, we haven't played a pre-season game yet, the pudding is still liquid, sitting in the fridge, some people need to settle down.

Ryan Diesel
08-04-2008, 12:06 PM
Well I don't care if it was practice or not, Rodgers did not look good. These things are made to get the fans fired up, Favre always goes off in these things. As long as I can remember, Favre has always thrown several TD's during Family Night. The fact that Rodgers could not get us in the end zone through the air scares the living hell out of me. This is a glorified practice, you should be putting on a show. I always thought the defense was not supposed to pick off the QB and maybe they made it easy on Favre in years past to score in these family nights. But if they were ever going to make it ez on someone, it was last night. Rodgers did not look ready to lead this team to the playoffs, much less the SB.

BrewCityBuck
08-04-2008, 12:16 PM
Well I don't care if it was practice or not, Rodgers did not look good. These things are made to get the fans fired up, Favre always goes off in these things. As long as I can remember, Favre has always thrown several TD's during Family Night. The fact that Rodgers could not get us in the end zone through the air scares the living hell out of me. This is a glorified practice, you should be putting on a show. I always thought the defense was not supposed to pick off the QB and maybe they made it easy on Favre in years past to score in these family nights. But if they were ever going to make it ez on someone, it was last night. Rodgers did not look ready to lead this team to the playoffs, much less the SB.

I'm sorry, I just find all of that commentary to be ridiculous. Based off a completely irrelevent game your going to forecast our entire season and QB as a failure. Based on last nights game Ryan Grant won't play a game all season. It's just unbelievably stupid to judge a QB over a game like that.

augipitcher3
08-04-2008, 12:22 PM

I bet Brett Favre had some poor family nights in his career, just no one ever heard about it.

Ryan Diesel
08-04-2008, 12:29 PM
No, I've watched every family night. The starting offense has always had a field day. I was always under the impression that it was set up that way. But obviously after last nights showing, it is not. This is my entire point, its family night. It's like Home Run Derby for QB's. Always had been before this year at least.

BrewCityBuck
08-04-2008, 12:30 PM
I bet Brett Favre had some poor family nights in his career, just no one ever heard about it.

No, because Brett Favre is perfect in every single way, and Aaron Rodgers is a complete and utter failure and has no positives. And on top of that, he's unproven and inexperienced.

Ryan Diesel
08-04-2008, 12:37 PM
Never said that, but Family Night is the time for the offense to show off. At least that has been the case the last 6 or 8 years that they've had it. Somehow it was not like that this year, how would you explain it?

BrewCityBuck
08-04-2008, 12:43 PM
Never said that, but Family Night is the time for the offense to show off. At least that has been the case the last 6 or 8 years that they've had it. Somehow it was not like that this year, how would you explain it?

There's no need to explain it. Because it doesn't matter at all.

OnWisconsin2007
08-04-2008, 12:46 PM
Rodgers struggled against the 2nd team defense, with the first team offense. Not a good sign.

BrewCityBuck
08-04-2008, 01:02 PM
Rodgers struggled against the 2nd team defense, with the first team offense. Not a good sign.

The game was irrelevant, who cares. I'm sure plenty of second-tier offensive players we're playing as well.

OnWisconsin2007
08-04-2008, 01:22 PM
The game was irrelevant, who cares. I'm sure plenty of second-tier offensive players we're playing as well.

Yeah, well the rest of those players don't have a legend (and much, much better option) behind them waiting to play.

BrewCityBuck
08-04-2008, 01:24 PM
Yeah, well the rest of those players don't have a legend (and much, much better option) behind them waiting to play.

It doesn't matter to the Packers organization that Brett Favre is the better option.

hawkeye
08-04-2008, 01:37 PM
It doesn't matter to the Packers organization that Brett Favre is the better option.

WOW. You finally get it.

BrewCityBuck
08-04-2008, 01:40 PM
WOW. You finally get it.

I've been saying it all offseason. Everyone knows Brett Favre is the better option this season.

Ryan Diesel
08-04-2008, 01:40 PM

AND THIS IS THE PROBLEM THAT WE ALL HAVE. You play, to win, the game. Just because our GM, President, and HC all have brand new deals, doesn't mean they should start the second best QB that we have. Nobody does that. Except the Bears I guess, lets not go down that road. I even think this year they'll start Orton, who isn't much better, but I think a little better. So we'll be the only team in the league that is KNOWINGLY starting the second best QB on their team.

OnWisconsin2007
08-04-2008, 01:41 PM
Christ, Brett Favre has given the Packers the best winning percentage of any team since '92. No important passes have been thrown since he retired, no games have been played, nothing has happened. It's time for TT and MM to put aside their egos, stop saying all this ******** to divide the fans, quit rehashing the situation and let him play. You have Favre now, end of story. Either you win games now, or TT continues on with his tyrannical ego, keeps saying all this ********, or you suck it up, and put the best team out there and win. Everybody better pull behind Favre, because you don't want a divided team going into the season.

Brooke
08-04-2008, 01:43 PM
that is the problem with the Packers. They dont care who the better option is, they dont care that Brett is the better QB. You play to win now in football and Brett gives them that best chance. If they think Packers are Super Bowl bound anytime soon with Rodgers they are fooling themselves. This is all about their egos

Christ, Brett Favre has given the Packers the best winning percentage of any team since '92.

they just said that on Sportscenter, when Favre was there, the Packers had the best winning percentage during that period with 63% or 64%, from 1971-1991 it was 40%

RcrkllrH2
08-04-2008, 01:48 PM
everyone harps on how "bad" rodgers was

do keep in mind that we do have an astoundingly good defense, and that half of the offensive woes are because of our defense

but yes i also agree that its a damn scrimmage, and lets just wait until next monday to see how the qbs do

hawkeye
08-04-2008, 01:49 PM
I've been saying it all offseason. Everyone knows Brett Favre is the better option this season.

Then Brew, why are you clamoring for Rodgers? Is it all about the future, say 2-3 years down the road for you? You talk out of both sides of your mouth like Obama.

OnWisconsin2007
08-04-2008, 01:50 PM

do keep in mind that we do have an astoundingly good defense, and that half of the offensive woes are because of our defense

but yes i also agree that its a damn scrimmage, and lets just wait until next monday to see how the qbs do

He was playing the 2nd/3rd team defense for most of the scrimmage...

hawkeye
08-04-2008, 01:50 PM

Our defense is good, but not ASTOUNDINGLY good. Did Harris and Woodson even play?

BrewCityBuck
08-04-2008, 01:57 PM
that is the problem with the Packers. They dont care who the better option is, they dont care that Brett is the better QB. You play to win now in football and Brett gives them that best chance. If they think Packers are Super Bowl bound anytime soon with Rodgers they are fooling themselves. This is all about their egos

they just said that on Sportscenter, when Favre was there, the Packers had the best winning percentage during that period with 63% or 64%, from 1971-1991 it was 40%

You don't always play to win now in football, I don't know how many times i've had to explain this to you. Every team at some point has had to sacrifice short term success for potential long term success at QB. We are at that crossroads with a 39 year old QB. You have one group of people on one side of the road wanting to start the Rodgers era, and another group wanting to stick with Favre, neither side is evil or wrong, it's just like anything else.

When Favre was a Packer we had the highest winning percentage in the league? Of course Favre had a ton to do with that, but during that time we've had consistantly very good teams, very balenced teams. Over the last 16 years we've almost always had good 1,000 yard RB's, good pass catchers and solid defenses and most importantly, very good offensive lines. Consistancy and balence.

Brooke
08-04-2008, 01:59 PM
Our defense is good, but not ASTOUNDINGLY good. Did Harris and Woodson even play?

Nope they didn't play

BrewCityBuck
08-04-2008, 02:14 PM

Tramon Williams and Will Blackmon were the starting CB's. This scrimmage was just about getting some guys on the field, getting some reps. I wouldn't take anything from this game at all.

servais77
08-04-2008, 02:18 PM

No they didn't.

favre_4life
08-04-2008, 02:24 PM
You people are delusional if you really think Aaron Rodgers looked that bad! I counted at least four dropped passes, 2 by james jones, 1 easy one to Greg Jennings who looked like the worst wide reciever on the field, and one by DD. Give me a break you guys, i know you are still bitter about Rodgers being our quarterback over Brett, but give it a rest. And by the way the interception by Rodgers in the endzone was not his fault at all, all jennings had to do was put his ****ing hands in the air and he would have caught that ball.

OnWisconsin2007
08-04-2008, 02:25 PM
You people are delusional if you really think Aaron Rodgers looked that bad! I counted at least four dropped passes, 2 by james jones, 1 easy one to Greg Jennings who looked like the worst wide reciever on the field, and one by DD. Give me a break you guys, i know you are still bitter about Rodgers being our quarterback over Brett, but give it a rest. And by the way the interception by Rodgers in the endzone was not his fault at all, all jennings had to do was put his ****ing hands in the air and he would have caught that ball.

You are delusional. He threw that ball into quadruple coverage. And there weren't that many dropped passes. You have no idea what you're talking about, were you watching the same game?

Brooke
08-04-2008, 02:36 PM
so basically nothing is his fault whatever. I bet if this was Brett people would be reaming him out

favre_4life
08-05-2008, 11:32 AM
You are delusional. He threw that ball into quadruple coverage. And there weren't that many dropped passes. You have no idea what you're talking about, were you watching the same game?

It might have been thrown into tight coverage but come one, that ball was there! Jennings looked like the worst player on our offense. And yes i was watching the game, and yes i did count that many dropped balls.

favre_4life
08-05-2008, 11:33 AM
Im not saing Rodgers is not at fault for anything, Im just saying this is going to be a long year if you people keep using Aaron Rodgers as our scapegoat all the time.

chesseheads123
08-05-2008, 12:43 PM
I was wondering what players did good.

newdude
08-05-2008, 01:07 PM
There's already a thread on it.

Packerbacker
08-05-2008, 01:43 PM
Then Brew, why are you clamoring for Rodgers? Is it all about the future, say 2-3 years down the road for you? You talk out of both sides of your mouth like Obama.

HAHAHAHAHA:clap: I love it