PDA

View Full Version : DEEEEEETROIT BASEBALL (55-56) vs. Chicago Sox (61-49) IGT

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

JDIsMyGod23
08-03-2008, 09:14 PM
Playoffs? We talking about playoffs? I'll be happy if we win a game. Playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs? - Jim Mora

Game One - 8:11 - The Cell (Thank God) - CSN
Nate - Here's to you Mr. - Robertson (6-8 6.06 ERA)
Gavin - I'm the ace? Seriously? - Floyd (11-6 3.43 ERA)

Scouting Report:
Tigers: The spectacled lefty lasted just three innings Wednesday at Cleveland, the second time in his past three starts where he hasn't made it past the third. Robertson was tattooed for eight runs on nine hits in a losing effort against the Tribe. Both home runs he allowed -- a solo shot from Ben Francisco and a three-run homer by Grady Sizemore -- came with two outs. When Curtis Granderson muffed a Kelly Shoppach double in the third, Robertson failed to minimize the damage, allowing two more runs on two more doubles. Robertson has made three starts against the White Sox this season, going 1-0 with a 5.71 ERA. Lifetime, he has made 19 starts against Chicago, splitting with a 6-6 record and 5.00 ERA.

White Sox: After going winless in three straight starts, two of which were losses, Floyd righted the ship personally and for his team during an 8-1 shellacking of the Twins Wednesday at the Metrodome. Floyd allowed one run on four hits over 7 2/3 innings, striking out four and walking one, while throwing 68 of his 101 pitches for strikes. The right-hander's performance helped put an end to the White Sox three-game losing streak and kept the team in first place. Floyd has a 2-0 record with a 2.79 ERA over three starts against Detroit this season. The right-hander also has a 7-2 mark with a 2.49 ERA in 11 starts at U.S. Cellular Field. He has a 3-0 lifetime record against the Tigers.

Game Two - 8:11 - The Cell - CSN
Justin - White Sox punching bag - Verlander (8-11 4.49 ERA)
John - Am I tanking? - Danks (8-4 3.31 ERA)

Scouting Report:
Tigers: Verlander took the loss on Thursday night after a strong start went awry. The right-hander's pitch selection was a major frustration for manager Jim Leyland who called the fifth inning "disastrous" and was visibly upset about a walk to Cleveland's No. 9 batter Asdrubal Cabrera, which was followed by a three-run homer from Grady Sizemore. Despite nine strikeouts, Verlander surrendered six runs off five hits in 5 2/3 innings. He has not fared well against the White Sox previously this season -- going 1-3 with a 6.15 ERA -- but he will look to get back on track against the Tigers' AL Central rival.

White Sox: Danks still has not suffered a loss since May 24 but he picked up his second no-decision in three second-half starts on Thursday at the Metrodome and his 10th no-decision of the season. The left-hander was cruising along through four innings, before Justin Morneau touched him up for a three-run blast in the fifth. Danks exited after six innings and one batter in the seventh, allowing four runs on eight hits. He struck out four and walked two. Danks has a 1-0 record this season against Detroit and has a 3-3 mark with a 4.04 ERA at U.S. Cellular Field. Danks has a career record of 1-1 against the Tigers.

Game Three - 8:11 - The Cell - "Da U"
Zach - :censored: - Miner (5-4 3.77 ERA)
Javier - I finally won one - Vazquez (8-9 4.66 ERA)

Scouting Report:
Tigers A reliever turned starter, Miner gave the Tigers a chance to win on Friday night, but he received little offensive support in a 5-2 loss to the Rays at Tropicana Field. Despite allowing Tampa Bay's leadoff man on in five of the game's first six innings, Miner scattered eight hits through 5 1/3 innings. He was charged with four runs (three earned) in his fourth loss this season. He will look to collect a "W" against Chicago at U.S. Cellular Field, a ballpark in which he has traditionally struggled. In appearances in six games -- including one start -- Miner is 0-3 with a 7.94 ERA at the White Sox home field.

White Sox: Vazquez said the monkey on his back hadn't been getting any bigger in recent starts, but it was certainly big enough. He hadn't won a game since June 17, before he won on Friday against the Royals. Vazquez went six innings, giving up five hits and two runs. He had a shut out through the first five. It was the first time Vazquez gave up less than three runs since May 31.

JDIsMyGod23
08-03-2008, 09:17 PM
We are the Sux until I absolutely don't despise this team. So, it could be awhile. I'm saying 1 again because we are the Sux now.

kingbrentg
08-03-2008, 10:17 PM
I don't know what to say other than... please win.

chitown712
08-03-2008, 11:08 PM
This is make or break right here...........We NEED at least 2 of these if not a sweep..........Ill take the optimist route here and say the matchups seem to favor us and we come away with a sweep with a couple of Jr. homers..........of course, this could be the alcohol talking..........mmmmmmmm, Admiral Nelson........

JDIsMyGod23
08-04-2008, 12:12 AM
EDIT - Thank you Trag.

Tragedy
08-04-2008, 12:17 AM
:)

dazdilly213
08-04-2008, 01:01 AM
Wow, can I say anything?

soxnfins
08-04-2008, 01:07 AM
We NEED to sweep. B/c Minny will easily sweep Seattle.

Muttman73
08-04-2008, 04:10 AM
sweep or die

WindyCitySox
08-04-2008, 05:01 AM
i'm guardedly optimistic about the upcoming series. I like the match ups if our starters can go deep into games, I see us possibly taking 3.

How long until MIN starts to FLOP!!!!!

whitesoxbowler
08-04-2008, 05:34 AM
Wow, if we ever needed a time for some guys to man up and put together a five or six game winning streak, its right now. We have absolutely sucked since the break.

SoxFanSince63
08-04-2008, 07:07 AM
Home cookin' will do us good! You'll see!

GrinderBall41
08-04-2008, 11:08 AM
I, for one, am not on the ledge.

We just finished a 4-6 road trip. Granted it looked a lot worse because our losses were complete slaughters, but really 5-5 would have been reasonable, and thats only one game.

We're back at home, and we own Detroit.

In a small body of work, Griffey is producing and could potentially provide relief from the anemic offense of Konerko or Swish.

Linebrink will be back.

Conceivably, Jose's control problems stemmed from his elbow problems and could come back healthy and handle hitters the way he did in Apr, May, June.

So I think on this homestand we sweep Det., split with Bos. and get pissed and sweep KC. 8-2 homestand should get us back up at least a half game.

SOX VICTORY
08-04-2008, 11:20 AM
I, for one, am not on the ledge.

We just finished a 4-6 road trip. Granted it looked a lot worse because our losses were complete slaughters, but really 5-5 would have been reasonable, and thats only one game.

We're back at home, and we own Detroit.

In a small body of work, Griffey is producing and could potentially provide relief from the anemic offense of Konerko or Swish.

Linebrink will be back.

Conceivably, Jose's control problems stemmed from his elbow problems and could come back healthy and handle hitters the way he did in Apr, May, June.

So I think on this homestand we sweep Det., split with Bos. and get pissed and sweep KC. 8-2 homestand should get us back up at least a half game.

Like the logical optimism, the sky's not falling yet, and with the final 1/3 rd of the season just underway let's regroup and see what happens. Go Sox

GrinderBall41
08-04-2008, 11:26 AM
Wow, can I say anything?

You shouldn't. Do you even post in the Minnesota forum or did you just create an account to bait in the ChiSox forum?

And I second Trag's question regarding your status as a pre-teen.

iDaBears85
08-04-2008, 11:27 AM
the Twins are finally going on the road. It doesn't matter who they play on the road...Twins are like us...can only win at home.

DaSox_05
08-04-2008, 11:28 AM
Grinder I like your style, but im not as optimistic as you I say 7-3 homestand maybe even 6-4 but I doubt 6-4. Im glad Pudge is gone he killed the Sox. As for Boston I dont know the matchups yet but if we split with them or take the series I will be very happy cuz I really only see us winning 1 in the Boston series as for KC I do see a sweep there as the Sox will be pissed off and ready for revenge.

sager729
08-04-2008, 11:28 AM
I see us taking 2 of 3. I think don't know why, but I have a feeling that Verlander is going to have a good game.

GrinderBall41
08-04-2008, 11:56 AM
To add to that, how many times have we all been to the ledge before? After the sweep at Wrigley, after the sweep at Toronto, sweep at Tampa, sweep at DET followed by series loss to COL...

And after all that we were still up 2.5 games going into the Minny series. We have a streaky team. Tying the noose after every series loss is uncalled for. We'll have a big win streak and get back on track. A roster full of proven veterans and the man-child CQ won't let us down.

That being said, I think we could use a good Ozzie media rant about how much we suck, to wake everybody up.

JDIsMyGod23
08-04-2008, 12:28 PM
Why does EVERYONE think we got swept at TB. Even ESPN makes this mistake. We lost 3 of 4. Danks won on Thursday.

DaSox_05
08-04-2008, 12:37 PM
Why does EVERYONE think we got swept at TB. Even ESPN makes this mistake. We lost 3 of 4. Danks won on Thursday.

I remember that series JD, I did the IGT. :cry:

JDIsMyGod23
08-04-2008, 12:39 PM
I'm so glad we have a day off today. I'm so mentally wore down from this week.

GrinderBall41
08-04-2008, 12:55 PM

Touche'. Just because we lost 3 straight I read the sched wrong. But yeah I do remember after that the swept the Cubs and someone on Chicago news said that they swept us too and I was like "no they didnt."

Either way we were on the ledge after losing 3/4 to the Rays.

JDIsMyGod23
08-04-2008, 12:59 PM
Everytime I read touche I think of White Goodman in the bar scene.

dazdilly213
08-04-2008, 04:12 PM
i'm guardedly optimistic about the upcoming series. I like the match ups if our starters can go deep into games, I see us possibly taking 3.

How long until MIN starts to FLOP!!!!!
Never.

GrinderBall41
08-04-2008, 04:23 PM
I just have to post something so the kissy-face man avatar is not the most recent post. And Minny will flop in late Aug/ Early Sept.

WindyCitySox
08-04-2008, 05:27 PM
I just have to post something so the kissy-face man avatar is not the most recent post. And Minny will flop in late Aug/ Early Sept.

Hope that Seattle pulls out a minor miracle and demoralizes the twinkies!!!

PUTZ is starting to look like the 2007 lights out closer... now they just have to get him the ball somehow.

dazdilly213
08-04-2008, 05:28 PM
Probably not buddy. We have an easier schedule.

dazdilly213
08-04-2008, 05:30 PM
Hope that Seattle pulls out a minor miracle and demoralizes the twinkies!!!

PUTZ is starting to look like the 2007 lights out closer... now they just have to get him the ball somehow.I hate the name Twinkies and it won't happen they have no one left except Ichiro.

DaSox_05
08-04-2008, 05:33 PM
Why is a Twins fan posting in a Tigers vs Sox thread???

dazdilly213
08-04-2008, 05:39 PM
Why is a Twins fan posting in a Tigers vs Sox thread???
Because just to know what you guys are saying.

JDIsMyGod23
08-04-2008, 05:40 PM
I hate the name Twinkies and it won't happen they have no one left except Ichiro.

TwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTw inkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwin kiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinki esTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkies TwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTw inkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwin kiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinki esTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkies TwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTw inkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwin kiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinki esTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkies TwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTw inkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwin kiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinki esTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkies TwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTw inkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwin kiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinki esTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkies TwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTw inkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwin kiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinki esTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkies TwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTw inkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwin kiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinki esTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkies TwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTw inkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwin kiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinki esTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkies TwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTw inkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwin kiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinki esTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkies TwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTw inkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwin kiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinki esTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkies TwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTw inkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwin kiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinki esTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkies TwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTw inkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwin kiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinki esTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkies TwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTw inkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwin kiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinki esTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkies TwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTw inkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwin kiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinki esTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkies TwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTw inkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwin kiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinki esTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkiesTwinkies

DaSox_05
08-04-2008, 05:42 PM
Because just to know what you guys are saying.

Oh ok I see so you dont want to know whats going on in your own teams forum??? Because I just checked and you have not posted there at all today!!! Thats strange!

JDIsMyGod23
08-04-2008, 05:44 PM
Him and Lizard King must be good buds. Considering they probably see each other here more often then the Twins forum.

DaSox_05
08-04-2008, 05:46 PM
Very true JD at least Lizard king posted there today I saw I dont know if dazdilly has ever posted in the Twins forum.

dazdilly213
08-04-2008, 05:49 PM
Oh ok I see so you dont want to know whats going on in your own teams forum??? Because I just checked and you have not posted there at all today!!! Thats strange!There isn't much going on in there today and yea I did post once I think. The Twinkies things was just awesome.

DaSox_05
08-04-2008, 05:50 PM
Also on a side note there is a new poster that just joined today HAWKS.NO27 he is a Cub fan he is talking a lot of crap in the guy who made the Chicago Double header forum in the Cubs forum also HAWKS posted in the Twins forum today in the how far the Twins will go and ripped the White Sox guess he is wanting the fastest ban title.

dazdilly213
08-04-2008, 05:52 PM
There isn't much going on in there today and yea I did post once I think. The Twinkies things was just awesome.

No, I just voted on the poll.

JDIsMyGod23
08-04-2008, 05:53 PM
Also on a side note there is a new poster that just joined today HAWKS.NO27 he is a Cub fan he is talking a lot of crap in the guy who made the Chicago Double header forum in the Cubs forum also HAWKS posted in the Twins forum today in the how far the Twins will go and ripped the White Sox guess he is wanting the fastest ban title.

Haters are funny to me.

dazdilly213
08-04-2008, 05:56 PM
Haters are funny to me.
Me too.

cwilson21
08-04-2008, 08:40 PM
Please ignore dazdilly. Us Twins fans don't even know who the **** he is.

JDIsMyGod23
08-04-2008, 08:57 PM
Were trying out best.

kingbrentg
08-04-2008, 09:40 PM
I loved scrolling down this page for 3 and half hours through all the "TWINKIES". :laugh2:

JDIsMyGod23
08-04-2008, 09:57 PM
I loved scrolling down this page for 3 and half hours through all the "TWINKIES". :laugh2:

:D Don't make me do it again.

kingbrentg
08-04-2008, 11:21 PM
Well we're on our way to 1.0 game back now. TWINKIES are up 6-0. :sigh:

WindyCitySox
08-05-2008, 12:22 AM
Beltre just hit a Grand Slam.

6-5 twinkies.

WindyCitySox
08-05-2008, 12:24 AM
check that... Ibanez hit the slam.. beltre just got a 1 out dbl...

the "minor miracle" I was hoping for is starting to happen.

WindyCitySox
08-05-2008, 12:47 AM
8 run inning for the mariners and its still not over.

9-6

This is gonna demoralize those damned overachieving twinkies and cause them to wither away into a pile of ****

JDIsMyGod23
08-05-2008, 12:48 AM
Holy **** the Mariners came back. :speechless:

JDIsMyGod23
08-05-2008, 12:49 AM
Thank you Seattle!

kingbrentg
08-05-2008, 12:50 AM
I uhh... wow. Thanks Mariners. Now win it.

chitown712
08-05-2008, 01:52 AM
Tie for first!!!!!!!!!! God, right now Raul Ibanez is pretty smexy.........hopefully the Twins are crushed and go Jonestown on themselves

upt_
08-05-2008, 02:18 AM
Tie for first!!!!!!!!!! God, right now Raul Ibanez is pretty smexy.........hopefully the Twins are crushed and go Jonestown on themselves

correct that.. we are officially in first place.. percentage wise :p

kingbrentg
08-05-2008, 02:45 AM
Well, nice to be in first by default.

JDIsMyGod23
08-05-2008, 02:48 AM
If the Twins take a poop on this trip. Some confidence will be instilled in me because they are playing pure crap on the road.

DaSox_05
08-05-2008, 07:56 AM
Thank you Seattle!!!

kwstriker299
08-05-2008, 09:53 AM
8 run inning for the mariners and its still not over.

9-6

This is gonna demoralize those damned overachieving twinkies and cause them to wither away into a pile of ****

we can only hope...

East Side Z
08-05-2008, 11:57 AM
Wheres all the Twinkie fans today?And I do mean both of them.LOL.

Illini Tim
08-05-2008, 12:58 PM
Hopefully this just a minor slump that all teams go through during the course of a long schedule. We need our pitching to return to form and we need to go on a nice winning streak to stop this panic. IT NEEDS TO START TONIGHT!!! GO SOX

JDIsMyGod23
08-05-2008, 12:58 PM
Aww our buddy Dazdilly got a permaban. :cry: Poor guy never stood a chance.

DaSox_05
08-05-2008, 01:07 PM
Aww our buddy Dazdilly got a permaban. :cry: Poor guy never stood a chance.

How do you know that???

JDIsMyGod23
08-05-2008, 01:09 PM
How do you know that???

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133

DaSox_05
08-05-2008, 01:13 PM
How do you get to that page to look at it.

JDIsMyGod23
08-05-2008, 01:35 PM
Go to Home on the bottom and Forum Main. It's all the way at the bottom.

DaSox_05
08-05-2008, 01:50 PM
Found it thanks.

WindyCitySox
08-05-2008, 02:03 PM
how do you ban people?

DaSox_05
08-05-2008, 02:04 PM
Mods can only do that usually by the person violating the rules repeatdly

WindyCitySox
08-05-2008, 02:10 PM
cool, how can I become a mod

DaSox_05
08-05-2008, 02:19 PM
The mods just randomly choose people who they know are trust worthy by there posts.

WindyCitySox
08-05-2008, 02:21 PM
my life goal is to become a mod

JDIsMyGod23
08-05-2008, 02:31 PM
I need to be a mod. :)

WindyCitySox
08-05-2008, 02:34 PM
how do u center ur sigs?

WindyCitySox
08-05-2008, 02:35 PM
dammit, cubs scored 2 runs already....

JDIsMyGod23
08-05-2008, 02:36 PM
how do u center ur sigs?

The center justification? Haha.

WindyCitySox
08-05-2008, 02:44 PM
hmm

WindyCitySox
JD, you goin to any games soon?

WindyCitySox
im trying to hit up tomorrow's game and or Sundays game.

JDIsMyGod23
08-05-2008, 02:47 PM
I'm a broke college student who lives in Central Indiana. So, no more games for me.

IndiansFan337
08-05-2008, 02:48 PM
The opening post in this thread needs to be edited or else it will be closed and deleted.

IGT's like this are simply not acceptable by any means.

DaSox_05
08-05-2008, 02:54 PM
The playoffs reference or the sux reference???

JDIsMyGod23
08-05-2008, 02:57 PM
I'm getting censored. :(

JDIsMyGod23
08-05-2008, 02:58 PM
The playoffs quote is classic. I mean who doesn't like that Jim Mora blow-up?

DaSox_05
08-05-2008, 02:58 PM
Ahh I see....

DaSox_05
08-05-2008, 03:00 PM
Yes the Jim Mora quote is a classic I still laugh every time I hear considering that was said over 10 years ago.

Another classic quote is from Allen Iverson. "Practice? Practice, we talking about practice? Not the game. Practice?"

JDIsMyGod23
08-05-2008, 03:03 PM
Your I thought she wasn't a Miner nickname amage to you Da_Sox wasn't acceptable. :(

IndiansFan337
08-05-2008, 03:09 PM
The playoffs quote is classic. I mean who doesn't like that Jim Mora blow-up?

You're right about that.

DaSox_05
08-05-2008, 03:13 PM
Your I thought she wasn't a Miner nickname amage to you Da_Sox wasn't acceptable. :(

Hey I thought that was pretty funny :D I guess not PSD material but its ok.

DaSox_05
08-05-2008, 04:23 PM
I just heard on ESPN 1000 that Ozzie was suspended for 2 games starting tonight for his comments as well as bumping the umpire on Sunday. Greinke and Olivo were suspended 5 games and they are both appealing.

WindyCitySox
08-05-2008, 04:55 PM
Dang, if I can get off work early today I can go to tonights game for 10 bucks.

WindyCitySox
08-05-2008, 07:08 PM
not gettin off work til 730.
DAAAG GUMMIT!

JDIsMyGod23
08-05-2008, 07:53 PM
To quote Pepper Brooks commenting on White Goodman.

"We really want to win this one"

JDIsMyGod23
08-05-2008, 08:02 PM
Dan - Kiss my - Plesac.

I don't want to be on the big blue train though.

kingbrentg
08-05-2008, 08:02 PM
I have no idea why I just confused Pepper Brooks with Brian Peppers...

Illini Tim
08-05-2008, 08:12 PM
Good start

JDIsMyGod23
08-05-2008, 08:13 PM
This is flippin' awesome.

kingbrentg
08-05-2008, 08:14 PM
Wow, no control at all.

chitown712
08-05-2008, 08:15 PM
That was gift-wrapped with a bow tie on it

kingbrentg
We are the Chicago Sux.

JDIsMyGod23
Awesome. I already want to stop watching.

Illini Tim
08-05-2008, 08:16 PM
**** this. Here comes our traditional second half collapse. Flirt with the playoffs for few months; get the fans excited; and then take a huge ****. I can't wait for spring training.

chitown712
08-05-2008, 08:17 PM
That'll do pig, that'll do

JDIsMyGod23
08-05-2008, 08:18 PM
I still want Mags. :hide:

Illini Tim
08-05-2008, 08:18 PM
If we keeps the ball up we are going to give up 14 again.

chitown712
08-05-2008, 08:23 PM
Nice lil recovery by Gavin........great DP turn by OC and the Cuban

WindyCitySox
08-05-2008, 08:23 PM
Everyone.... Relaaaaaax.

We Got This.

Illini Tim
08-05-2008, 08:24 PM
Everyone.... Relaaaaaax.

We Got This.

I hope so. We need this one.

JDIsMyGod23
Robertson always owns us early, then the 2nd time around we hit him hard it seems.

WindyCitySox
why is Dan Plesac announcing???

chitown712
08-05-2008, 08:27 PM
why is Dan Plesac announcing???

I am wondering that as well

JDIsMyGod23
08-05-2008, 08:29 PM
DJ is recovering from knee surgery.

WindyCitySox
08-05-2008, 08:31 PM
we need to get runs in before paulie comes up to bat

JDIsMyGod23
08-05-2008, 08:32 PM
Words don't express how much I hate this team right now. :pity:

WindyCitySox
08-05-2008, 08:32 PM
jeeebus

kingbrentg
08-05-2008, 08:33 PM
JD takes a dump.

JDIsMyGod23
08-05-2008, 08:37 PM
Gavin's yacker is insane.

WhiteSoxLifer
08-05-2008, 08:37 PM
I told a friend at work that Griffey would HR in his first home AB. Just wanted to throw it out there before he comes up.

WhiteSoxLifer
08-05-2008, 08:39 PM
Gavin's yacker is insane.

Yeah, Sheff just got beat by mean uncle charlie. :horse:

JDIsMyGod23
08-05-2008, 08:40 PM
We are playing great baseball. Tom Emanski would be proud.

WindyCitySox
08-05-2008, 08:40 PM
I told a friend at work that Griffey would HR in his first home AB. Just wanted to throw it out there before he comes up.

It's gonna be a solo shot, because Thome will get on and our fearless captain wil hit into a double play.

WhiteSoxLifer
08-05-2008, 08:42 PM
We are playing great baseball. Tom Emanski would be proud.

Weird that we could actually use Fred McGriff at first

JDIsMyGod23
08-05-2008, 08:43 PM
Weird that we could actually use Fred McGriff at first

Hell, I'd take Glenn Davis.

WhiteSoxLifer
08-05-2008, 08:44 PM
Hell, I'd take Glenn Davis.

The Sox of the past week could NOT win back-to-back-to-back AAU national championships

WindyCitySox
08-05-2008, 08:45 PM
maybe Konerko needs a new intro song, the one he's using is tired as hell.

WhiteSoxLifer
08-05-2008, 08:46 PM
maybe Konerko needs a new intro song, the one he's using is tired as hell.

This could be a new comedy thread

Suggestions??

WindyCitySox
08-05-2008, 08:47 PM
What A Buster

JDIsMyGod23
08-05-2008, 08:47 PM
Get hit by a truck Konerko.

WindyCitySox
08-05-2008, 08:48 PM
WSL, here comes the solo shot

chitown712
08-05-2008, 08:48 PM
Way to stare at 2 good strikes Paulie......I think he blind, thats his problem

chitown712
08-05-2008, 08:49 PM
Yuck.........that was ugly

Rizzorj
08-05-2008, 08:50 PM
Figures..my sattelite dies right b4 Griff comes up.

WhiteSoxLifer
ouch

JDIsMyGod23
Good debut. :rolleyes:

Rizzorj
What he do?

chitown712
Rizz, you didnt miss much......I think he caught a case of Konerko-itis......its like a virus

Rizzorj
08-05-2008, 08:51 PM
strikeout?

chitown712
Yep.......not even close to hitting it

JDIsMyGod23
Griffey K'ed swinging.

Rizzorj
08-05-2008, 08:52 PM
****ing dish...always goes out at the wrong time. I swear it'll go out right b4 a game winning field goal try, an important at-bat, the conclusion of a show....always.

upt_
08-05-2008, 08:52 PM
he has an era of freaking over 6 for god sakes.. he should be out of the bloody game by now..

Rizzorj
08-05-2008, 08:53 PM
looks like it's going to be out for a while too.....oh well, my life sucks balls anyway right now.

chitown712
08-05-2008, 08:53 PM
That is absoulty nasty............That should be banned

JDIsMyGod23
08-05-2008, 08:54 PM
Hawk goes through this high curveball routine every Floyd start.

WindyCitySox
About Konerko's intro song...

"What the hell am I doing here~~~ I don't belong here." -Radio Head

JDIsMyGod23
looks like it's going to be out for a while too.....oh well, my life sucks balls anyway right now.

:( The IGT's misses your presence.

chitown712
Konerko should just use Loser by Beck

"Im a Loser baby, so why dont you kill me"

JDIsMyGod23
08-05-2008, 08:55 PM
About Konerko's intro song...

"What the hell am I doing here~~~ I don't belong here." -Radio Head

Beck - Loser

"I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me"

JDIsMyGod23
Wow me and CT712 share a mind.

chitown712
And in another note, this might be the most awkward booth pairing Ive heard...Hawk has no reaction to Pleasac jokes whatsoever

chitown712
08-05-2008, 08:56 PM
Wow me and CT712 share a mind.

Great minds think alike........either that or we both wish Konerko meets an untimely demise

zzConflict
08-05-2008, 08:57 PM
Gotta stop walking them Gavin.

WindyCitySox
08-05-2008, 08:57 PM
Beck - Loser

"I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me"

That is PERFECT song for him.

Rizzorj
08-05-2008, 08:58 PM
:( The IGT's misses your presence.

Thanks. I miss the simpler days of posting on here carefree. The Sox playing as ****** as they are, just adds more salt in the wounds.

upt_
08-05-2008, 08:59 PM
Gimme More- Britney Spears... ( so that we can give him more at-bats to get called out on ****ing strikes every single time)

chitown712
08-05-2008, 09:00 PM
Another random thought..........on a scale of 1-10, how funny would it be to see someone rack themselves trying to catch a foulball thats going into the dugout?

WindyCitySox
08-05-2008, 09:01 PM
Now, why the hell couldn't Konerko dive into the Det clubhouse and mildly snap his neck?

JDIsMyGod23
08-05-2008, 09:02 PM
Were getting 3 this inning.

WhiteSoxLifer
08-05-2008, 09:02 PM
Now, why the hell couldn't Konerko dive into the Det clubhouse and mildly snap his neck?

I would rather he have a critical injury off the field so the game isnt delayed. I dont want PK wasting anymore of my time.

kingbrentg
08-05-2008, 09:03 PM
If we lose this 2-0 on a ****ing Polanco home-run I'm going out guns blazing.

JDIsMyGod23
08-05-2008, 09:04 PM
Uribe is homering. I feel it in my bones.

chitown712
08-05-2008, 09:05 PM
Sexy Lexi!!!!!!! Good start

JDIsMyGod23
I REPEAT

WE ARE GETTING 3! And Uribe is homering... right now...

WindyCitySox
If we lose this 2-0 on a ****ing Polanco home-run I'm going out guns blazing.

Nah man, we WILL put up some runs this game.. a LOT of em. like... at least 3.

JDIsMyGod23
08-05-2008, 09:06 PM
Mother****er. So close.

WindyCitySox
08-05-2008, 09:06 PM
Dag Gummit!!!!!!!!!!!

chitown712
08-05-2008, 09:08 PM
Must be our night.........Uribe walked

JDIsMyGod23
Uribe walk is more rare then a homer. So I'll take it.

WindyCitySox
NICE.... do this Cabbie... ONE TIME!!!!!!

WhiteSoxLifer
Anyone hear Pleasac say, 'If your gonna be a pitcher in this game, you better take care of your arm because you only have one." :laugh:

I know what he means, but thats a borderline McCarverism.

JDIsMyGod23
08-05-2008, 09:09 PM
This is where OC shines. Come on baby.

JDIsMyGod23
08-05-2008, 09:10 PM
Poop. So close to bases loaded.

chitown712
08-05-2008, 09:10 PM
Eh, moved them over......Ill take it

Rizzorj
08-05-2008, 09:11 PM
Don't waste this

kingbrentg
Come on AJ, tie this up.

WindyCitySox
sooo close... successful AB nonetheless

Rizzorj
ugh

chitown712
I think Plesac is a psychic........anyone else hear that?

JDIsMyGod23
C'mon Quentin make my prediction correct.

WindyCitySox
Q ties it up with a DBL right here

Rizzorj
08-05-2008, 09:12 PM
Plesac is turning into Hawk Jr. with his stories

kingbrentg
I'll take it. Now come on Canseco!

WindyCitySox
or not

JDIsMyGod23
Poop. Least we got 1.

chitown712
We kinda blew that............actually we did blow that but we got one back

Rizzorj
Fail

kingbrentg
Aflaaaac.

WindyCitySox
08-05-2008, 09:15 PM
floyd has settled down, robertson is falling apart. I like our chances here.

Rizzorj
08-05-2008, 09:16 PM
I think Hawk is even annoyed by Plesac..Shut the **** up already!

chitown712
CQ with the nice catch

WindyCitySox
Shef is a year older than Junior... how the hell does his back put up with the abuse of that swing?

Q learned that one from JD!!!!

upt_
08-05-2008, 09:17 PM
Sweeeeett playy

WindyCitySox
08-05-2008, 09:17 PM
OC the prancing ferry

JDIsMyGod23
08-05-2008, 09:18 PM
My neck is killing me. Just in case anyone cared.

WhiteSoxLifer
08-05-2008, 09:18 PM
Plesac is the anti-Sox broadcaster... Constant banter.

Still better than DJ. Hopefully the stone pony is in the booth next year.

Rizzorj
08-05-2008, 09:19 PM
I'm OK with Stone on TV and Chris Ronge (sp?) with Farmer.

chitown712
08-05-2008, 09:19 PM
You see getting aheaed in the count keeps your pitch down counts...........idiot

Rizzorj
08-05-2008, 09:20 PM
Floyd is at 71 pitches already??? Damn it.

kingbrentg
08-05-2008, 09:21 PM
Floyd with 72 pitches already.

Rizzorj
Thanks Fins :)

JDIsMyGod23
To be honest I don't pay attention to any announcers anymore.

kingbrentg
Guess I wasn't the only one noticing that.

upt_
08-05-2008, 09:22 PM
six strong from gavin will be much appreciated

WhiteSoxLifer
time to start counting all the Plesac F-ups. Cant wait for another game on FOX to laugh my *** off at Tim McCarver.

http://www.shutuptimmccarver.com/

Rizzorj
lol

Rizzorj
08-05-2008, 09:23 PM
six strong from gavin will be much appreciated

If we only had a bullpen

Rizzorj
08-05-2008, 09:24 PM
Homerun by Thome....6 rows deep in right center

WindyCitySox
OK THOME!!! at LEAST a DLB to avoid the inevitable Konerko DBL ply

chitown712
This announcing is going nowhere...............around in past stories we go

Rizzorj
revised...strikeout..lol

upt_
08-05-2008, 09:25 PM
that was not a strike

kingbrentg
08-05-2008, 09:25 PM
Jim Thome he was getting a hit here. Get it? :o

chitown712
08-05-2008, 09:26 PM
Or Thome can hit into the double play for Paulie

JDIsMyGod23
Thome beat PK to it.

Rizzorj
Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

WindyCitySox
Jeebus

upt_
****ing helllll

kingbrentg
He lied. Might as well have been Konerko.

Rizzorj
08-05-2008, 09:27 PM
did that dude try catching paulie's foul with a foam finger? LOL

kingbrentg
08-05-2008, 09:27 PM
Now Paulie goes yard.

Rizzorj
08-05-2008, 09:28 PM
Get on for Jr. Dammit

Rizzorj
08-05-2008, 09:29 PM
Inevitable K

WindyCitySox
Wow

Rizzorj
almost...Go Yard Jr.

JDIsMyGod23
If Junior hits a homer. I'll have a boner. How about that for poetry.

WindyCitySox
Common Kid!!!!

kingbrentg
That's what Paul needs to do everytime up. Just stand there and hope they walk him.

upt_
08-05-2008, 09:31 PM
i'll take that from paulie any day

WindyCitySox

chitown712
JR cant hit Robertson it looks like

kingbrentg
:sigh:

Rizzorj
08-05-2008, 09:32 PM
when we get hitting...we can't pitch. When we get pitching...we can't hit. Sox pride.

upt_
08-05-2008, 09:32 PM
i think griffey should sit down for lefties. and swisher should play center

chad78
08-05-2008, 09:34 PM
not swisher anderson

JDIsMyGod23
It was all ********. It was a goddamn joke. When I think of you Paulie I hope you ****ing choke.

SOMEBODY KILL HIM PLEASE, SOMEBODY KILL HIM PLEASE. I'M ON MY KNEES, PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE, KILL HIM! I WANT TO DIE! PUT A BULLET IN HIS HEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDD.

Ahhh I feel better.

JDIsMyGod23
Wow ******** is seriously not ****.

upt_
08-05-2008, 09:35 PM
He Has An Era Of Bloody Over 6 For God Sakes.. How Can We Not Hit Himmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

kingbrentg
08-05-2008, 09:36 PM
Because we are the Sux.

Rizzorj
08-05-2008, 09:36 PM
Do we ever hit guys with 6+ ERA's? LOL

chitown712
08-05-2008, 09:37 PM

Rizzorj
08-05-2008, 09:37 PM
..and another golpher ball by Floyd

upt_
08-05-2008, 09:38 PM
Great.

Rizzorj
Nice play JR.

chitown712
And that was brilliant Jr., real intelligent

kingbrentg
Outstanding.

JDIsMyGod23
Haha. Miscue one of many with Griffey in CF. This team is so done.

Rizzorj
Let's make it a 3-team race!

upt_
Whoa ohhh.. what's this

kingbrentg
08-05-2008, 09:39 PM
Can't. take. much. more.

WindyCitySox
08-05-2008, 09:39 PM
OK, im gonna leave this couch and come back in about 30. Hopefully I don't have to break something when I come back.

BTW... nice spot for that pitch gavin. is that wass warming up???

ok, maybe I wont come back.

upt_
08-05-2008, 09:40 PM
I only have one hope left. and that's for robertson to **** up like he usually does

kingbrentg
08-05-2008, 09:41 PM
Brett Favre, Brett Favre, Brett Favre. Let's trade for him and have him pitch.