PDA

View Full Version : Favre competing with Rodgers for starting gig

CuseDude87
08-03-2008, 04:22 PM
The Packers have issued a statement on Brett Favre, confirming that Favre will be welcomed back to the team.
"We now will revise many actions and assumptions about our long-term future, all predicated on Brett's decision last March to retire," the statement from CEO Mark Murphy reads. "It's very difficult to reorient our plans and cross it again in the opposite direction - but we'll put this to our advantage. Brett will be in camp tomorrow." The statement does not rule out a trade, but it sounds like they are leaving the door open on Favre being part of the roster.

Citing a source close to the Packers, the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports that Brett Favre will compete with Aaron Rodgers to start in training camp.

rotoworld.com

newdude
08-03-2008, 04:25 PM
There's still hope :pray:

Ryan Diesel
08-03-2008, 04:27 PM
I'm not going to get my hopes too high, but this is definitely one of the most positive things I've heard from our management through this entire fiasco.

iam brett favre
08-03-2008, 04:43 PM
:pray:
I dont want to get my hopes up too much, because who knows. OH MY GOD LET HIM START!

mlesnet
08-03-2008, 04:44 PM
let us pray

iam brett favre
08-03-2008, 04:47 PM
They could do this to save face, and then just not start him.. whatever as long as its a real competition.

newdude
08-03-2008, 04:52 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=119171

Look at this!!! :dance:

Asoriano12
08-03-2008, 04:55 PM
rodgers is probably going ape **** right now...im sorry, but thats BS for rodgers...

Brooke
08-03-2008, 04:56 PM
I wonder what changed? This is the first sign of hope for me in a while

Ryan Diesel
08-03-2008, 05:00 PM
Chris Mortenson was just on ESPN News a little bit ago saying not to be surprised if Favre shows up tonight at family night in front of 50,000 fans. Wow, this is finally starting to show some positive signs. It's either let him compete for HIS job, or cut/trade him to the Vikings. Mortenson also said the 25 mil dollar deal is dead, Favre just wants to play, and play for the Packers.

iam brett favre
08-03-2008, 05:01 PM
:dance2: I can't contain myself

OnWisconsin2007
08-03-2008, 05:02 PM
See, TT is no idiot, even though he makes us all think that sometimes. He gets Grant in camp, and then realizes that Favre is obviously the best choice to QB the team. So he let's Favre compete with Rodgers. Aaron is going to be majorly pissed, but w/e, if he wants a trade, humor him. Go Favre!

WOOHOO

iam brett favre
08-03-2008, 05:03 PM
Wow, #4 back in the helm.... they better not let me down.

OnWisconsin2007
08-03-2008, 05:06 PM
SB win guaranteed, quote me.

newdude
08-03-2008, 05:07 PM
See, TT is no idiot, even though he makes us all think that sometimes. He gets Grant in camp, and then realizes that Favre is obviously the best choice to QB the team. So he let's Favre compete with Rodgers. Aaron is going to be majorly pissed, but w/e, if he wants a trade, humor him. Go Favre!

WOOHOO

Rodgers shouldn't be pissed. If he thinks he's good enough for the job, then win it. And if the outcome is not in his favor, the only person he needs to blame is himself.

iam brett favre
08-03-2008, 05:08 PM
I think with Favre, there's no question a SB championship will come.

iam brett favre
08-03-2008, 05:09 PM
hughest will be happy to hear this :up:

wwfd1220
08-03-2008, 05:10 PM
if tt lets favre compete for the starting gig. than i have regained some repect for him and his knowledge of football. everything if happening so fast on this so i will wait to hold judgement until i see favre in camp practicing and splitting time with rodgers

iam brett favre
08-03-2008, 05:13 PM
Yeah Im not going to get TOO excited, but I cant help it considering this is the 1st good news in a while regarding Favre.

wwfd1220
08-03-2008, 05:17 PM
Yeah Im not going to get TOO excited, but I cant help it considering this is the 1st good news in a while regarding Favre.

i am just hoping that management has woke up a little and is now realizing with grant and favre together there is a solid shot of a super bowl. i like mark murphy's comments thus far. but, like i said. tt needs to be on board with this. and god i hope he doesnt turn this into a nightmare again.

Rtardz
08-03-2008, 05:23 PM
whooooo hoooooo!:dance:

Rtardz
08-03-2008, 05:24 PM
I still think there is something funny going on with tt behind closed doors that we dont know about. with Favre, and Grants contract taking so long. Maybe TT is stepping down, and Ron Wolf moving back to take his job back.

robdizzle3
08-03-2008, 05:25 PM
I actually think Hot Rod will give Favre a run but Favre will win it out and I cant wait to see Favre back with the Pack and keepin his streak going

OnWisconsin2007
08-03-2008, 05:26 PM
...and this idea of competing for the starting job is nothing more than a technicality. Every single person ever knows that Favre will win the job in less than a day. LOL @ the idea of the starting QB of 16 years competing with a kid that's been his backup for 3 years and has never started a game in his career. TT is just doing this to save face and try to not burn his bridges with Rodgers.

socalpkrbkr
08-03-2008, 05:31 PM
I had to log in for this one! WOO HOO!!!! Its about time! I'm up here in Green Lake, Wi. for a family reunion and I'm going nuts right now. YEAH BOY!!!!!!!!!

wwfd1220
08-03-2008, 05:33 PM
I had to log in for this one! WOO HOO!!!! Its about time! I'm up here in Green Lake, Wi. for a family reunion and I'm going nuts right now. YEAH BOY!!!!!!!!!

hey socal, my son lives in green lake . and as far as having # 4 back in camp :cheers: hopefully this is not management pulling the drapes over our eyes again

Brendan
08-03-2008, 05:39 PM
There goes your QB of the future

AMart717
08-03-2008, 05:40 PM
Looks like i was right all along... TT finally realized he can and will never be the face of the GB franchise. Favre is back and now the pack is back as NFC favorites to contend in the super bowl. But first Favre has to break another record. He will be the first to break the MADDEN CURSE! If he doesn't then it looks like the curse started this entire off season.

wwfd1220
08-03-2008, 05:43 PM
There goes your QB of the future

man brendan with everything that has gone on. i would put nothing into what the packer brass has said thus far. but, i will admit it sounds like they are welcoming favre back. and opening the starting postion up for competition. you guys didnt need favre anyways, all off season you vikes fans have been saying how you have all of the tools to win. what do you need a 38 y/o q.b. for ??

OnWisconsin2007
08-03-2008, 05:44 PM
Ahh...Brett Favre back at the helm. The madden curse is over, there's nothing to worry about. The Ironman will not be injured. We got Brohm laying in the wings and he'll lead this team after Rodgers is gone. We're the favorites in the NFC now, let's get out there and win us a SB.

OnWisconsin2007
08-03-2008, 05:48 PM
On my NBC there is a breaking news bar at the bottom of the screen..apparently Mark Murphy has said that Brett Favre will be playing for the Packers this season! God, I am pumped right now...

wwfd1220
08-03-2008, 05:51 PM
it is about time they woke up and smelled the coffee. maybe favre is guaranteeing them 2 years who knows

newdude
08-03-2008, 06:02 PM
^^Or more :D, I know, I know, alittle greedy but what the hell :pray:

knightsace31
08-03-2008, 06:03 PM
The only person that looks like a fool in this is Ted Thompson. You pretty much said that the team has moved on from Favre, and that Aaron Rodgers is our quarterback. Ok. Then, you try and trade him and say that you don't expect fair compensation, but you ask for a 1st round pick. Ok. Then, he tries to buy Favre out for 10Yrs.-25M for a marketing campaign, that he rejects. It's like Favre really needs money. Now, Goodell reinstates Favre and he will be in camp tomorrow. OK, so it's still Aaron's team. Then you decide to open the starting job up for open competition. What an idiot. He's a great GM, but he hasn't handled this situation very well. Favre is a great QB, and gives the Packers a better chance, but i really think that Aaron Rodgers is going to be a good QB. He can scramble, has a good awareness on the field, and has a good arm. There is a reason why some thought he could have been a No. 1 overall pick, and he did learn behind one of the best. It's not fair to Aaron what's being done.

wwfd1220
08-03-2008, 06:08 PM
^^ alot of people said that brohm would have been a top pick in last years draft had he come out. big deal neither of them have any to little pro experience. favre gives the packers the best chance to win. you sell tickets on telling your ticket holders you are in it too win it . it was all smoke screen in hopes of brett walking away from the game. letting favre go too a division rival would not be good business in green bay. and the brass know this, and they know that brett pulls in more revenue for the team. ultimately the packers are a business that needs profits.

OnWisconsin2007
08-03-2008, 06:09 PM
I just love Brett Favre.

OnWisconsin2007
08-03-2008, 06:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsP3rZWsxhI

Watch this video and try to tell me you don't want Favre back.

Brendan
08-03-2008, 06:16 PM
man brendan with everything that has gone on. i would put nothing into what the packer brass has said thus far. but, i will admit it sounds like they are welcoming favre back. and opening the starting postion up for competition. you guys didnt need favre anyways, all off season you vikes fans have been saying how you have all of the tools to win. what do you need a 38 y/o q.b. for ??

This has nothing to do with the Vikings i have complete faith in our team it has to do with the Packers FO being idiots

hughest4
08-03-2008, 06:56 PM
rodgers is probably going ape **** right now...im sorry, but thats BS for rodgers...

It is BS for Rodgers and i do feel bad for him, but its all about putting the best players out on the field. I think most of us still believe that Favre is the better of the two so hopefully he wins his job back. It sucks for A-Rod but i am very,very happy about this news

SDteacher
08-03-2008, 07:16 PM
I didn't exactly get that from the press release. Here it is along with the video.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d809b543d&template=with-video&confirm=true

Rtardz
08-03-2008, 07:21 PM
as for A-Rod, I dont feel bad this way because they are still giving him the chance to be the starter. Its his choice to lose, in this league nothing gets or should be handed to you. He is gonna have to earn it the way it should be.

Ryan Diesel
08-03-2008, 07:27 PM
All I know is all 4 pre season games are going to be like regular season games.

darwin31
08-03-2008, 07:36 PM
Can someone explain to me how a legend making 12 million a year and a guy who has not started 1 game have a fair open competition?

I would just like to know how a competition between these two is judged.

wwfd1220
08-03-2008, 07:44 PM
they get the same reps in camp. and the best overall q.b. wins the spot. that is how. if rodgers wants to win the job. he needs to bring his A game.

Beermankk
08-03-2008, 07:56 PM
I don't really think everyone should be so happy to see him come back. You do realize if Favre is our QB that we will have to go through this BS every offseason. Maybe next year he will just want to show up on sundays and not practice.

servais77
08-03-2008, 07:58 PM
Sanity prevails?

wwfd1220
08-03-2008, 08:12 PM
Sanity prevails?

indeed

OnWisconsin2007
08-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Is the rest of the NFC ready to get their ***** whooped yet again?

Hessel
08-03-2008, 08:50 PM
So do people really think the Packers have really done a 180 and now want Farve in uniform?? After going through this drama for the last three years, im sure TT was fed up. I dont blame him. Green Bay used TWO draft pics on a QB and have had Rodgers on the shelf for 3 years. My guess is that behind the scene, the Pack management is livid. They have been made to look like fools. Nobody was going to give the Packers a second round pick for a player the Packers publicly said they didnt want back. The Vikings and Bucs waited until the Pack either released him or took him back. Nobody is going to trade for a 12 million dollar contract when they could have got Farve for much less if he had been released. You better hope Farve can lead you to a SB because if not, you wasted another year and still wont know if Rodgers can play. Then the drama begins all over again. Will he play next year?? Depends on way day of the week it will be. My guess is the Pack wait until the last week of pre season, when a QB on another team could be injured, before they either release him or try again to trade him. If they didnt want him back last week and were willing to pay him 20 million to stay away, its not going to change much, except that the commish stepped in today. I will never forget the comment that Farve made when Rodgers was in his first training camp, when asked if he was mentoring Rodgers, Farve replied "Thats not my job"...One the best QB's of all time, and I have been a huge Farve fan through the years, have about 50 of his rookie cards, but I must say one of the most selfish of all time also.

newdude
08-03-2008, 09:06 PM
Did u guys see the clip of him coming out of the plane to GB. Pretty funny/cool ppl were chanting in support for him. :D

OnWisconsin2007
08-03-2008, 09:07 PM
Anybody else watching the Packers Family Night Game?

Brooke
08-03-2008, 09:13 PM
Did u guys see the clip of him coming out of the plane to GB. Pretty funny/cool ppl were chanting in support for him. :D

Yep and people were chanting Brett :) There are a lot of Favre jerseys at Family Fun Night :)

OnWisconsin2007
08-03-2008, 09:17 PM
In 3 series against the 2nd team defense, Rodgers completed 1 pass. Brandon Jackson was nothing special either. I'm sorry, Rodgers has no chance against Favre.

Brooke
08-03-2008, 09:19 PM
In 3 series against the 2nd team defense, Rodgers completed 1 pass. Brandon Jackson was nothing special either. I'm sorry, Rodgers has no chance against Favre.

only 1 pass? You gotta be kidding me

newdude
08-03-2008, 09:21 PM

Really? Wow.

I'm away from home now, so no access to watch it :(

OnWisconsin2007
08-03-2008, 09:24 PM
Really? Wow.

I'm away from home now, so no access to watch it :(

Yeah, Rodgers threw into coverage a lot, and nearly had a few balls intercepted.

BaRRySandAmaN
08-03-2008, 09:27 PM
I love Brett Favre even as being a Lions fan, but I think this is messed up for Aaron Rodgers. I kinda feel bad for him as he was given the keys to the Jag and then the Real Owner of the Jag took it back. I feel for the guy a little

OnWisconsin2007
08-03-2008, 09:29 PM
The Packers 1st team defense looks great, even without Woodson. The defensive line was smothering, got in Brohm's face a ton and allowed nothing literally nothing from the running game. Brohm did complete a 12 yard pass though.

OnWisconsin2007
08-03-2008, 09:31 PM
Matt Flynn hasn't looked bad either. Has completed a few and looks like he has good upside. With a blitz in his face, Flynn threw a nice slant to Jordy, who dropped it. I'll give him a break though. I like Flynn.

With the pocket collapsing around him, Flynn eluded and ran for about 12 yards. Not too bad, rook.

Brooke
08-03-2008, 09:36 PM
Matt Flynn didn't look to bad

OnWisconsin2007
08-03-2008, 09:38 PM
Wow, Ryan is unleashing some MEGA punts.

OnWisconsin2007
08-03-2008, 09:40 PM
Aaron Rodgers running the 2 minute drill = fail.

Brendan
08-03-2008, 09:40 PM
You know what would be HILARIOUS!!!!

What if the Pack name Favre the starting QB, and Favre becomes the Brett Favre from 2006. Ha everyone is acting like just because Faver had a great year last year that he is going to come back and be just as strong

2007 Favre: 4155 yards, 28TD, 15 INT, 95.7 rating, 66.5 comp pct

2006 Favre: 3885 yards, 18TD, 18 INT, 72.7 rating, 56 comp pct

2005 Favre: 3881 yards, 20TD, 29 INT, 70.9 rating, 61.3 comp pct

Ha just because Favre had a great year last year doesnt mean he has been that great lately. What if they name Favre the starting QB, Rodgers demands out of GB, and then Favre goes to the Favre of 2 or 3 years ago. In 2006 the Pack were 8-8, in 2005 the Pack were 4-12. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha now THAT would make my year

OnWisconsin2007
08-03-2008, 09:43 PM
Yeah, but that won't happen. If you knew anything about the Packers from those years, you'd know they're not the same situations. In 2005 Favre had 2 1/2 good receivers and was in a **** situation. I'll take 14 great football years over 2 bad years.

Want to know what else would be funny? If Favre came back and whooped the Vikings 34-0 like last year. And that's what's going to happen.

OnWisconsin2007
Aaron Rodgers is not playing well.

Brooke
well this is Rodger's big chance and he sure isn't doing well AT ALL

wwfd1220
08-03-2008, 09:44 PM
So do people really think the Packers have really done a 180 and now want Farve in uniform?? After going through this drama for the last three years, im sure TT was fed up. I dont blame him. Green Bay used TWO draft pics on a QB and have had Rodgers on the shelf for 3 years. My guess is that behind the scene, the Pack management is livid. They have been made to look like fools. Nobody was going to give the Packers a second round pick for a player the Packers publicly said they didnt want back. The Vikings and Bucs waited until the Pack either released him or took him back. Nobody is going to trade for a 12 million dollar contract when they could have got Farve for much less if he had been released. You better hope Farve can lead you to a SB because if not, you wasted another year and still wont know if Rodgers can play. Then the drama begins all over again. Will he play next year?? Depends on way day of the week it will be. My guess is the Pack wait until the last week of pre season, when a QB on another team could be injured, before they either release him or try again to trade him. If they didnt want him back last week and were willing to pay him 20 million to stay away, its not going to change much, except that the commish stepped in today. I will never forget the comment that Farve made when Rodgers was in his first training camp, when asked if he was mentoring Rodgers, Farve replied "Thats not my job"...One the best QB's of all time, and I have been a huge Farve fan through the years, have about 50 of his rookie cards, but I must say one of the most selfish of all time also.

if he wants to play, let him play for us. say all you want about favre, he still gives us the best chance to win in my opinion. and after watching rodgers performance so far tonight. i am glad he is back. as for him tutoring rodgers. why should he tutor rodgers. nobody was here when he was learning the offense and so forth. it is not his job to make sure rodgers is the q.b. of the future in green bay. that responsibilty belongs too the coaching staff. and when the year ends this year. i expect we get a decision much sooner than last year, for reasons that are obvious. favre didnt want this to go down like it has, anymore than the packers brass wanted it to go down this way. welcome back brett

Brendan
08-03-2008, 09:46 PM
Yeah, but that won't happen. If you knew anything about the Packers from those years, you'd know they're not the same situations. In 2005 Favre had 2 1/2 good receivers and was in a **** situation. I'll take 14 great football years over 2 bad years.

Want to know what else would be funny? If Favre came back and whooped the Vikings 34-0 like last year. And that's what's going to happen.

Mayb its just me, but im going to look at the stats from the past 3 years rather then the stats from 12-13 years ago :shrug:

newdude
08-03-2008, 09:48 PM
You know what would be HILARIOUS!!!!

What if the Pack name Favre the starting QB, and Favre becomes the Brett Favre from 2006. Ha everyone is acting like just because Faver had a great year last year that he is going to come back and be just as strong

2007 Favre: 4155 yards, 28TD, 15 INT, 95.7 rating, 66.5 comp pct

2006 Favre: 3885 yards, 18TD, 18 INT, 72.7 rating, 56 comp pct

2005 Favre: 3881 yards, 20TD, 29 INT, 70.9 rating, 61.3 comp pct

Ha just because Favre had a great year last year doesnt mean he has been that great lately. What if they name Favre the starting QB, Rodgers demands out of GB, and then Favre goes to the Favre of 2 or 3 years ago. In 2006 the Pack were 8-8, in 2005 the Pack were 4-12. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha now THAT would make my year

Why the hate dude?

Back to the F.N. How is the crowd handling it? Any boos? lol.

Brooke
08-03-2008, 09:48 PM
you do know that he has only had one losing season in his career? Yep he is so bad

Brendan
08-03-2008, 09:50 PM
Just looking at stats. Its not hate. Its the reality that Favre is not God himself like you guys think he is. I want you guys to get off of cloud 9 and come back down to reality. Any team can win at any week, dont think that because Favre is back at training camp, not even ur starter yet that ur SB champs. Because im sure the Patriots thought that last year and look where that got em'

Brooke
08-03-2008, 09:53 PM
LMAO Al Harris and Charles Woodson are hilarious!

OnWisconsin2007
08-03-2008, 09:56 PM
Mayb its just me, but im going to look at the stats from the past 3 years rather then the stats from 12-13 years ago :shrug:

And I'll look at the stats from last year, with the same team, system and coaching staff than from 3 years ago, with a totally different team and different coaching staff.

newdude
08-03-2008, 10:00 PM
LMAO Al Harris and Charles Woodson are hilarious!

What did they do?

OnWisconsin2007
08-03-2008, 10:01 PM
They were just messing around on the sidelines.

Brian Brohm > Aaron Rodgers

OnWisconsin2007
08-03-2008, 10:03 PM
Will Blackmon looking good on punt returns..

OnWisconsin2007
08-03-2008, 10:06 PM
Deanna Favre is in the building!

The Brett Favre watch starts! How exciting.

Brooke
08-03-2008, 10:07 PM
Deanna is in the buliding...

hughest4
08-03-2008, 10:08 PM
Will Blackmon looking good on punt returns..

Well thats a given. Mark my words that if he can stay healthy this guy will be the best punt returner in the league. How is he looking at corner? He has a ton of potential. I wish i lived in Wisconsin so i could see all of these things on the tube....

OnWisconsin2007
08-03-2008, 10:13 PM
Well thats a given. Mark my words that if he can stay healthy this guy will be the best punt returner in the league. How is he looking at corner? He has a ton of potential. I wish i lived in Wisconsin so i could see all of these things on the tube....

He's looking good, as is the entire defense. The 1st team defense didn't have about 5 starters even playing, Woodson, Harris, KGB, and more, which makes the fact that Rodgers is struggling even more disparaging. After watching his lackluster performance tonight, I'm very happy Favre is coming back. Did anybody see the video of the plane landing and Favre driving home? Fans following him, chanting his name, going nuts. He's starting for us next year, baby.

Why are you a Packers fan if you live in NJ, Hugh? Just wondering how that came to be.

newdude
08-03-2008, 10:16 PM
Dude there's Packers fans all around the world .:D

Brooke
08-03-2008, 10:16 PM
Did anybody see the video of the plane landing and Favre driving home? Fans following him, chanting his name, going nuts.

I saw it, it put a big smile on my face :D

Chitown packfan
08-03-2008, 10:23 PM
I wish I was able to see this stuff. I am only seeing tidbits on the tv as I am in Chicago and they don't show jack down here!

gbpack415
08-03-2008, 10:33 PM
Why are you a Packers fan if you live in NJ, Hugh? Just wondering how that came to be.

I'm also in NJ. I watch every single game and don't miss a beat. I'm 19 and been a huge fan since I can remember.

Brooke
08-03-2008, 10:35 PM
There are Packer fans everywhere :)

I was glad to see Ryan Grant there

robdizzle3
08-03-2008, 10:38 PM
I don't really think everyone should be so happy to see him come back. You do realize if Favre is our QB that we will have to go through this BS every offseason. Maybe next year he will just want to show up on sundays and not practice.

This will not happen again and I would bet oney because then the Pack wold without a doubt have the right to say hell no Favre not this year and I wouldntmind but maybe not the hell no lol

hughest4
08-03-2008, 10:53 PM

Ehh, originally i grew up a Giants fan until i was about 5 or 6 mostly because of my grandmother. I was always with her, we had season tickets, and location wise it just made sense. After she passed away i started following who my dad liked...and that was the Green Bay Packers. It was also around the time when they were winning the Super Bowl so i guess you could say that i jumped on the bandwagon. But for the past 13-14 years i have been faithful to the Packers and thats not going to change.

There is the story haha

wwfd1220
08-03-2008, 10:54 PM
the way murphy talked after the scrimmage. it is pretty much that brett is back and he is here for the season and beyond. the packers want to keep the relationship strong. and brett wants to play football. from the remarks i am goona go out on a limb and say that murphy is playing mediator

robdizzle3
08-03-2008, 11:34 PM
Ehh, originally i grew up a Giants fan until i was about 5 or 6 mostly because of my grandmother. I was always with her, we had season tickets, and location wise it just made sense. After she passed away i started following who my dad liked...and that was the Green Bay Packers. It was also around the time when they were winning the Super Bowl so i guess you could say that i jumped on the bandwagon. But for the past 13-14 years i have been faithful to the Packers and thats not going to change.

There is the story haha

Thats kind of my story because I used to follow my dad's team which was the Cowboys but wen I saw Favre play and desmond Howard returning kicks I just took a liking to them and when they met head to head about 10 years ago I found myself rooting for the Pack and it not going to cange no matter what.

favre4ever
08-03-2008, 11:47 PM
heelllll ya baby.. i dont want to get my hopes up.. but i tell you i am so pumped. I hope they let it be a competition. And Favre wants to be in Green Bay and he will do anything to stay here. .
Keep Praying ALL Packer Fans.
Theres Hopee :):):):):)
Favre 4 Ever

OnWisconsin2007
08-03-2008, 11:50 PM
There's more than hope, it seems like a pretty clear thing right now that Favre's going to be starting...

freaKonAleasH
08-03-2008, 11:53 PM
There's more than hope, it seems like a pretty clear thing right now that Favre's going to be starting...

or the packers could say that rogers beat him out for the job even though he didnt, and then they have an excuse to have brett be a back up and then this might cause brett to retire again

OnWisconsin2007
08-03-2008, 11:58 PM
or the packers could say that rogers beat him out for the job even though he didnt, and then they have an excuse to have brett be a back up and then this might cause brett to retire again

Yeah, and create an absolute PR nightmare and media circus, not to mention ruining team chemistry.

freaKonAleasH
08-04-2008, 12:02 AM
Yeah, and create an absolute PR nightmare and media circus, not to mention ruining team chemistry.

lol what do you call what were having now?

OnWisconsin2007
08-04-2008, 12:03 AM
lol what do you call what were having now?

The main difference is that this is during training camp. If Favre was on the bench it'd be a circus during the season, and a circus about 10x bigger than what we have going on now.

freaKonAleasH
08-04-2008, 12:05 AM
The main difference is that this is during training camp. If Favre was on the bench it'd be a circus during the season, and a circus about 10x bigger than what we have going on now.

no matter what happens, whenever they talk about the Packers this season, Favre's name will be mentioned...i cant even watch espn now without hearing about Favre

JJohnson0522
08-04-2008, 12:09 AM

Better then Hester??

:laugh:

OnWisconsin2007
08-04-2008, 12:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5_QoES99JQ&feature=related

OnWisconsin2007
08-04-2008, 01:05 AM
What you're doing is baiting. Go to a different forum to spew this ********.

Urbs
08-04-2008, 03:22 AM
they get the same reps in camp. and the best overall q.b. wins the spot. that is how. if rodgers wants to win the job. he needs to bring his A game.

Ok, ive always tried to have a fair view of Aaron Rodgers, but after seeing him play in the family night scrimmage tonight, I now know that we need Brett back. Rodgers looked seriously BAD against basically our second team defense (lots of players not participating). However, im still not trying to rip Rodgers, all i mean is that he definitely isnt where he needs to be to start at QB AND give us the best chances of winning ball games. If Thompson REALLY thinks that starting Rodgers and running Brett out of town is a good idea someone needs to go and hit him in the face until his eyes/brain start working again(if it ever has).. Please god let these rumors of open competition for the starting job be 100 percent true.

Also if you haven't signed the petition yet go to.. www.savebrett.net

Ive also thought.... MM says that he wont change anything about the direction the team has taken in the offseason. DO YOU THINK?! that maybe the packers will allow Favre the chance to compete and then once the starter is announced they will still pick Rodgers and say something like "Aaron is the best fit for this organization and the direction the team is moving in for 2008" I mean with what has happened in the front office this far this offseason i just really wonder if i wouldnt put something like that above them..???

SDteacher
08-04-2008, 09:52 AM
Well, this is all a little too much. I really want to think that he's going to play, but there is no way of saying yes or no. If the Packers were in fact to trade him to the Vikings, my world would fall apart. I have 280 sick hours, and I guarantee you I'd be taking them all.

BrewCityBuck
08-04-2008, 11:41 AM
So some unnamed 'source' says he will be competing? Who the hell knows if thats true. From what i've read, Favre will likely be doing individual drills and won't be with the team directly for a while.

It's just stupid anyway to say Favre will be competing for the starting job, because you can't judge a QB or pick a starter based on what a QB is doing in training camp. It's just silly.

Aaron Rodgers will be the starter going into the season. I don't buy any of this.

CuseDude87
08-04-2008, 02:42 PM

You've got to be kidding me. That is probably the biggest homer comment I have seen in a LONG time.

He won't even be the best returner in his division. Have you forgotten that Devin Hester exists?

Better then Hester??

:laugh:

Guy is off his rocker.

ryanph30
08-04-2008, 03:22 PM
You've got to be kidding me. That is probably the biggest homer comment I have seen in a LONG time.

He won't even be the best returner in his division. Have you forgotten that Devin Hester exists?

Guy is off his rocker.

Hughest off his rocker? :rolleyes:

GTFO clown.

hughest4
08-04-2008, 03:45 PM

GTFO clown.

Ha, its okay i am definitely off my rocker. Sure people think i am crazy for saying something like this but i honestly think he has the ability to be a Pro-Bowl Kick/Punt Returner possibly better then Hester. I followed him all 4 years at Boston College and he is so explosive and shifty. Hester had better stats then him but that was all while Blackmon was the #1 CB/#1 WR for BC. If he stays healthy everyone will know his name.

Call me a homer or whatever you want, but i know what the guy can do...when healthy. I have been saying the same thing since he was drafted but unfortunately he hasn't been able to prove me right. I usually don't make comments that are "Homer-ish" but i have a good feeling about him

nosferatu
08-04-2008, 03:55 PM
When healthy is the problem, talent isn't worth squat if its not on the field.

twelvePack
08-04-2008, 03:58 PM
Favre wins, haha, not that there really is a competition anyway. It's all PR for the TT and the Pack. Favre is the starter.

hughest4
08-04-2008, 04:07 PM
When healthy is the problem, talent isn't worth squat if its not on the field.

Of course i realize that. I said if he is healthy then he will show what he can do and i'm hoping he will be able to stay on the field this year. Hopefully that foot that has been giving him problems won't be an issue this year for him or this team...

BrewCityBuck
08-04-2008, 04:13 PM
Favre wins, haha, not that there really is a competition anyway. It's all PR for the TT and the Pack. Favre is the starter.

Brett Favre isn't going to be the starter going into the season. There's no way the Packers went to all this trouble just to give in. There isn't going to be a real competition. Aaron Rodgers is going to be the starter regardless of what happens in training camp.

twelvePack
08-04-2008, 04:14 PM
Of course i realize that. I said if he is healthy then he will show what he can do and i'm hoping he will be able to stay on the field this year. Hopefully that foot that has been giving him problems won't be an issue this year for him or this team...

I have to back hughest on this one. Blackmon is going to be a great returner. I wouldn't say the best in the league, but he will give us a noticeable upgrade in the punt return game.

augipitcher3
08-04-2008, 04:16 PM

I also find this comical.

ryanph30
08-04-2008, 04:40 PM
Hester is nearly the best kick returner EVER stats wise, and last year was only his second season. Blackmon will be a good kick returner, maybe even top 5. But the way Hester has been bringing them back the last few years, he will never match that, nobody may ever again for that matter.

billybill77
08-04-2008, 05:25 PM
I hope that there really is a true competition. Whoever performs the best in camp and the preseason should be the starter. Favre shouldn't get it just because of his name. That being said, if he earns it outright (which he probably will) then I have no problem.

CuseDude87
08-04-2008, 06:09 PM

GTFO clown.

Wait. One minute you're calling me a clown for calling hughest out for saying this kid will be better than Hester...

Hester is nearly the best kick returner EVER stats wise, and last year was only his second season. Blackmon will be a good kick returner, maybe even top 5. But the way Hester has been bringing them back the last few years, he will never match that, nobody may ever again for that matter.

...and the next minute you're proving my point for me? What's up with that?

OnWisconsin2007
08-04-2008, 06:13 PM
Who else is ready for the Packers to be in the Super Bowl this year?

augipitcher3
08-04-2008, 06:31 PM
Who else is ready for the Packers to be in the Super Bowl this year?

:drunk:

RcrkllrH2
08-04-2008, 06:38 PM
so to fast forward a little bit...

what do the packers do about aaron and brett when it comes to preseason?

who comes out on monday as the starter? how long do they stay in? whos the reliever?

i mean really, when was the last time brett didnt start a preseason game?

OnWisconsin2007
08-04-2008, 06:41 PM
It's simple. Brett's gonna beat *** in training camp and start every game, no matter if it's a pre-season game or pickup game in McCarthy's back yard. Come February he'll be hoisting the Lombardi trophy above his head, returning the trophy to it's rightful city.

RcrkllrH2
08-04-2008, 06:51 PM
this is off topic and you can delete this and yell at me if you have to but

onwisconsin....how are you a sig bet loser? you have a ryan braun sig and i figured since your username is onwisconsin that you would like that sig

no real big deal, im just curious

hughest4
08-04-2008, 11:43 PM
Wait. One minute you're calling me a clown for calling hughest out for saying this kid will be better than Hester...

Ehh, i very well could be off my rocker. Have you ever had a feeling that somebody is going to be a great, great player even before he has proven that he is? Thats what i feel about Blackmon. Just based on what i saw in college and the flashes i have seen in the NFL when he is healthy makes me think he is a special talent. Saying he is going to be better then Hester could be seen as stupid but thats just how good i think he could be.

ryanph30
08-05-2008, 12:19 AM

Just because a guy says one thing that is debatable and a homer statement definitely does not make them "off there rocker". Especially when that guy is Hughest, who people bow to. :)

CuseDude87
08-05-2008, 12:38 AM
Ehh, i very well could be off my rocker. Have you ever had a feeling that somebody is going to be a great, great player even before he has proven that he is? Thats what i feel about Blackmon. Just based on what i saw in college and the flashes i have seen in the NFL when he is healthy makes me think he is a special talent. Saying he is going to be better then Hester could be seen as stupid but thats just how good i think he could be.

That's fine. It just seemed that you forgot Hester was in the NFL, much less the NFC North. Had to make sure you were paying attention. ;) However, out of all the positions, best KR/PR in the game is going to be VERY hard to surpass the current leader, whom many consider to ALREADY be the best kick returner in NFL history.

CuseDude87
08-05-2008, 12:40 AM
Just because a guy says one thing that is debatable and a homer statement definitely does not make them "off there rocker". Especially when that guy is Hughest, who people bow to. :)

I said he was "off his rocker" in terms of that statement, not in general.

Also, if you bow to a stranger on the internet, perhaps it is you I should be worried about?

hughest4
08-05-2008, 06:22 AM
That's fine. It just seemed that you forgot Hester was in the NFL, much less the NFC North. Had to make sure you were paying attention. ;) However, out of all the positions, best KR/PR in the game is going to be VERY hard to surpass the current leader, whom many consider to ALREADY be the best kick returner in NFL history.

Haha no, no, no i certainly can't forget about a guy like Devin Hester. Not only has he been somebody to look out for twice a year when we play Chicago, but Will Blackmon was also always in his shadow during college. We'll just see what happens this year.

Rtardz
08-05-2008, 06:26 AM
I too think Blackmon could be a very good player and a threat, he just can`t stay healthy.

Norm
08-01-2013, 04:22 PM
Yeah. Real no brainer here.

Lol. Did anyone want Rodgers?

:rolleyes:

gbpackers12
08-01-2013, 04:46 PM
That was pretty funny. I felt pretty much the same way everyone else did. I didn't want Rodgers starting either if Favre could still play. We all look stupid now. :laugh2:

TheBigCheese12
08-01-2013, 06:10 PM
Holy bump batman

time4change
08-01-2013, 06:19 PM
Awesome. Dude,wtf happened to Hughest and SocialPcker or whatev his name was.

time4change
08-01-2013, 06:20 PM
Yeah. Real no brainer here.

Lol. Did anyone want Rodgers?

:rolleyes:

Norm, why are you bringing this up to try and prove my point wrong?

Like I stated before homes it was a no brainer for MANAGEMENT.

I could really care less what a bunch of snotty nosed teens on PSD think of a move made by management.

n8ghee
08-01-2013, 06:54 PM
i was on deployment during this time....but yall better believe i was one of the few backing arodg back then.

TheBigCheese12
08-01-2013, 07:00 PM
i was on deployment during this time....but yall better believe i was one of the few backing arodg back then.

Yeah i was on my first deployment. I remember when Rodgers came in to replace an injured Favre during the Cowboys game. We were getting whooped and Rodgers almost brought us back. I was pretty excited for his future. I was really bummed when it became known that Favre was leaving us, but towards the end of his packer career i was really getting tired of his game ending INT's. I was really looking forward to see what we had with Rodgers.

n8ghee
08-01-2013, 08:30 PM
Yeah i was on my first deployment. I remember when Rodgers came in to replace an injured Favre during the Cowboys game. We were getting whooped and Rodgers almost brought us back. I was pretty excited for his future. I was really bummed when it became known that Favre was leaving us, but towards the end of his packer career i was really getting tired of his game ending INT's. I was really looking forward to see what we had with Rodgers.

Me too man! he kicked *** in that game, he also finally looked really promising that preseason too, unlike his first couple.

I was really tired of favre's constant waffling in the offseason. I really liked TT at that point as well (unlike 90 percent of our fans) so i was trusting his judgment.

TheBigCheese12
08-01-2013, 08:36 PM
Me too man! he kicked *** in that game, he also finally looked really promising that preseason too, unlike his first couple.

I was really tired of favre's constant waffling in the offseason. I really liked TT at that point as well (unlike 90 percent of our fans) so i was trusting his judgment.

I really didn't pay much attention to Favre's offseason antics. When i heard he was going to "retire" i was pretty bummed and wondered what was going to happen post Favre. I was more annoyed at his turnovers in big games. After the game ending INT against the Giants in the NFCCG i was kind of hoping we would move on from him sooner rather than later.

Norm
08-01-2013, 08:42 PM
Holy bump batman
He kept talking about no brainer moves like going for Lynch. I simply said most fans would have kept Favre.

I'd rather have Rodgers and no Lynch than no Rodgers and Lynch. Which if fans had their way...would be what was going on.

We'd be minus one SB probably too.

Awesome. Dude,wtf happened to Hughest and SocialPcker or whatev his name was.
Socal shows up still.

hughest was logged in a while ago I think. I remember seeing him browsing. He got banned for ages for promoting another forum while being a mod.

TheBigCheese12
08-01-2013, 08:45 PM
Yeah i figured that out after i read the convo you two were having in another thread. Pretty funny to read threads like this though.

Norm
08-01-2013, 08:47 PM
Norm, why are you bringing this up to try and prove my point wrong?

Like I stated before homes it was a no brainer for MANAGEMENT.

I could really care less what a bunch of snotty nosed teens on PSD think of a move made by management.

You never said anything about management. But nice back track. You never said it wasn't management so now you don't have any egg on your face.

Well played.

It was obvious I was talking from a fan's perspective of what WE would do the entire time. The topic was about how Ted doesn't do this and that and we know better. The whole idea of it being US versus THEM was assumed.

I'll go find the Marion Barber, Brandon Jacobs, and other bums thread. I think we even wanted to get like Jerome Harrison or some **** once.

SoCalPacker2
08-01-2013, 11:18 PM
LOL! Remember when Twelvepack went off on Rodgers the year we won the SB? I do believe he started a thread that called Rodgers a total ***** after he got his 2nd concussion vs Detroit thinking the season was over.. I wish he was around to eat crow for that one!

TheBigCheese12
08-01-2013, 11:50 PM
LOL! Remember when Twelvepack went off on Rodgers the year we won the SB? I do believe he started a thread that called Rodgers a total ***** after he got his 2nd concussion vs Detroit thinking the season was over.. I wish he was around to eat crow for that one!

That's probably why he isn't here. There was this other dude, DRS, but he bashed Rodgers every chance he got. His main reason for it was cause we all love Rodgers and think he is awesome. He believed Favre was better than Rodgers as well. Glad he is gone though, **** got old quick.

Ezekial
08-02-2013, 12:43 AM
I was just a mere lurker when this thread was made... I honestly didn't mind a competition, but I didn't care whoever won the job won the job. Even when Brett didn't come back I never harped on it I figured it was a moving forward phase and we would have to accept it.

Norm
08-02-2013, 09:10 AM
I was just a mere lurker when this thread was made... I honestly didn't mind a competition, but I didn't care whoever won the job won the job. Even when Brett didn't come back I never harped on it I figured it was a moving forward phase and we would have to accept it.

Yeah so was I.

I eventually got tired of the endless Ted bashing and had to come in and start to talk sense into the crazies that were all sad their hero was gone and made any attempt to get Ted fired over it.

I actually miss that. Lol, it was way more entertaining. We had a TON of really dedicated intelligent posters then. Problem was 90% of them had an agenda.

socalpkrbkr
08-02-2013, 01:15 PM
**** Brett Favre :shrug:
Aaron Rodgers is the greatest ever!!! :laugh2:

Norm
08-02-2013, 01:23 PM
**** Brett Favre :shrug:
Aaron Rodgers is the greatest ever!!! :laugh2:

Oh how far we've come.