PDA

View Full Version : How far are teams from being a champion¿

Hellcrooner
08-03-2008, 04:13 PM
Ok, basically you need to have 5 SOLID players including stars, shooters scorerrs, rebounders and defenders to be a cahmpion plus a solid bench.

So waht holes do you think each team needs to fill?:

Lakers: Point Guard, a REAL Small Foward, Bench.

CLippers:PG, SF, Bench.

KIngs: PG,SG;SF;PF;C,BEnch, you name it EVERYTHING.

SUns:Youth

Warriors: PF, C, BEnch.

Spurs:Youth, SF, C (tim is best at pf) depth.

Mavs:SF, C , Bench.

ROckets: PG,Bench

GRizz: Time and Bench

Hornets:TIme

OKC stealers:MIracle, Pg, Pf, C, Bench, Time

Blazers: TIme and Chemistry.

Denver:PG, PF, C, Bench

Jazz:SG, C,Bench

Wolves: EVERYTHING

Raptors:SG, SF, C, Bench a new name and logo, burn barney.

Knicks: uhhhh someone to stop making vodooo, in paper they have all....

Nets: Time and Lebron

Celtics: They are so nothing? some youth wouldnt hurt.

Sixers: SF, Time to develop chemistry.

Hawks, a GM, Spend more money, SF if they lose smith, C , bench

Bobcats, MIchael jordan to play instead of GM.

Magic, SG, a real PF or C t move howard down.

Heat, TIme.

WIzzards, C, Bench

Pistons, GO younger a real C.

Bulls, Time, SG, and C

BUcks, PG, PF bench

PACERs: PG, SG, PF, C

Cavs, PG, PF, C; BENCH

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-03-2008, 04:24 PM
u dident put Heat need a Center?

LakersKB24
08-03-2008, 04:37 PM
I don't think the Lakers need a PG.
Their game isn't focused on a good playmaker, everybody can pass the ball and make assists. Fish does his job, scores around 10 points, makes some assists, can hit the 3... That's all he needs to do in the Triangle.

I think, the most improtant thing for the Lakers is to stay healthy and hope that Odom-Gasol-Bynum works out.

Kyle N.
08-03-2008, 04:42 PM
Oh yeah, those Clippers sure need a starting PG... and the Kings are in desperate need of a starting SG, where will they find one? But seriously, the Grizzlies need a little more than time and a better bench to win a championship. Same with the Heat. And I don't even know what you mean with the Knicks.

*Superman*
08-03-2008, 04:45 PM
No offense, but thats not to good of a list.

daleja424
08-03-2008, 04:46 PM
Heat need a C and time...

SportsFan1988
08-03-2008, 04:53 PM
A lot of them are off.

Warriors - They already have a good center in Biedrins.

Kings - SG is their biggest strength.

Clippers - A point guard? :laugh2: they just signed Baron Davis.

Mavericks - You can make an argument for SF because of Howard's off the court issues but he's still a great player.

Timberwolves - They aren't too far from becoming a good team, just give the players some time to develop.

Raptors - They have their SF in Jermareo Moon.

Sixers - Have a great young SF in Thaddeus Young in which the team is going to most likely build around, as well as Iggy and Brand.

Bucks - Have arguably the best PG tandem in the league with Mo Williams and Ramon Sessions.

daleja424
08-03-2008, 04:56 PM
let me try:

Lakers: SF (Odom aint it)

CLippers: SG, PF (Camby aint it)

KIngs: everything but Martin needs upgrades

SUns: need some young talent and some defensive presence inside

Warriors:PG (Ellis aint it), some kinda defense

Spurs: nothing...they are ready (DUH)----> some youth maybe to sustain but they could still easily win next year...maybe a 3 point shooter?

Mavs: rebuilding time: Dirk is soft, Kidd is done, damp is not the answer, etc.

ROckets: PG upgrade

GRizz: A LOT. not gunna bother

Hornets: nothing major. maybe a SG that can create...

OKC: PG, PF, C, bench, time

Blazers: time

Jazz: SG? who is it now?

Wolves: an elite PG and good SG...and then a little time

Raptors: SG...and a good one at that

Knicks: start over

Nets: start over (already begun)

Celtics: nothing...they are ready

Sixers: SF? otherwise a little bench exp wouldnt hurt

Hawks: Smith, C, expirience

Bobcats: lots of talent but never seem to win... C could help

Magic: SG and PF

Heat: Center, PG, and time

WIzzards: C, PG (Arenas is a 2)

Pistons: good C

Bulls: Everything other then rose/deng has to go

BUcks: PF (C-Ville aint it), better big men

PACERs: bigmen

Cavs: PG, SG

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-03-2008, 05:15 PM
^^^ much better list

Hellcrooner
08-03-2008, 05:19 PM
I forgot about Davis and the clippers and the lack of cetner in Miami true.

Kevin Martins is OK, but if you want ot make some noise you need someon beter than OK.

Kyle N.
08-03-2008, 05:36 PM

Kevin Martins is OK, but if you want ot make some noise you need someon beter than OK.

You don't think 23 ppg is noise?

Kings Faithful
08-03-2008, 05:41 PM
Yay

Ph1lly Diehard
08-03-2008, 05:44 PM
let me try:

Spurs: nothing...they are ready (DUH)----> some youth maybe to sustain but they could still easily win next year...maybe a 3 point shooter?

Magic: SG and PF

Heat: Center, PG, and time

WIzzards: C, PG (Arenas is a 2)

Pistons: good C

Bulls: Everything other then rose/deng has to go

BUcks: PF (C-Ville aint it), better big men

PACERs: bigmen

Cavs: PG, SG

We picked up Kareem Rush and Royal Ivey, how is that not bench expierence?

We also have a pretty good young SF in Thaddeus Young.

The only thing holding us back right now are the Celtics.

Kings Faithful
08-03-2008, 05:44 PM

Kevin Martins is OK, but if you want to make some noise you need someone better than OK.

Dude.....

Kobe Bryant
PPG 28.3
RPG 6.3
APG 5.4
SPG 1.8
BPG 0.5
FG% 0.459
FT% 0.840
3P% 0.361
MPG 38.9

Kevin Martin
PPG 23.7
RPG 4.7
APG 2.1
SPG 1.0
BPG 0.1
FG% 0.456
FT% 0.869
3p% 0.402
MPG 36.3

Kobe Bryant is considered the best in the league today and K-Mart is really not far off rom his numbers, plus K-mart is more efficient. To say K-Mart is just "ok" is ridiculous. In fact K-Mart scored more ppg in his 3rd season with 3 mpg less than Kobe Bryant did in his 3rd season. Im not saying K-Mart is Kobe Bryant or will be someday im just saying he's alot better than "ok".

pwest6
08-03-2008, 05:48 PM
daleja424's list is muuch better. The Pacers need better bigmanand a star player.

B2theRY
08-03-2008, 05:49 PM

ummm they just got TJ FORD.

rapswin98
08-03-2008, 06:32 PM
raps: perimeter defense and a wing player

LkrLand
08-03-2008, 06:35 PM
I don't think the Lakers need a PG.
Their game isn't focused on a good playmaker, everybody can pass the ball and make assists. Fish does his job, scores around 10 points, makes some assists, can hit the 3... That's all he needs to do in the Triangle.

I think, the most improtant thing for the Lakers is to stay healthy and hope that Odom-Gasol-Bynum works out.

I agree with you. Adding a solid big man wouldn't hurt either.

Gilbert>TheRest
08-03-2008, 06:51 PM
Dude.....

Kobe Bryant
PPG 28.3
RPG 6.3
APG 5.4
SPG 1.8
BPG 0.5
FG% 0.459
FT% 0.840
3P% 0.361
MPG 38.9

Kevin Martin
PPG 23.7
RPG 4.7
APG 2.1
SPG 1.0
BPG 0.1
FG% 0.456
FT% 0.869
3p% 0.402
MPG 36.3

Kobe Bryant is considered the best in the league today and K-Mart is really not far off rom his numbers, plus K-mart is more efficient. To say K-Mart is just "ok" is ridiculous. In fact K-Mart scored more ppg in his 3rd season with 3 mpg less than Kobe Bryant did in his 3rd season. Im not saying K-Mart is Kobe Bryant or will be someday im just saying he's alot better than "ok".

k-mart is really underrated

MiamiHeat
08-03-2008, 06:57 PM
if the heat get a good C, we will be a good team next year but not championship ready just yet

Hawkeye15
08-03-2008, 06:59 PM
k-mart is really underrated

He is, but he is a combo guard that can be slowed down. Lets see what he does when he gets to the playoffs later in his career, and gets to face top level defense every night. He isn't in the same conversation with Kobe.

daleja424
08-03-2008, 07:00 PM
We picked up Kareem Rush and Royal Ivey, how is that not bench expierence?

We also have a pretty good young SF in Thaddeus Young.

The only thing holding us back right now are the Celtics.

I'm going to have to disagree with you if you think that the 76ers have bench experience...

-The 76ers only bigmen on the bench are Smith and Speights... a rookie and a sophomore... championship teams USUALLY have some more experience then that.
-If you guys are depending on getting much from rush and ivey you are going to be very very dissapointed...
-I like Thad young... but the dude is not "expirienced"

If you look at the winners the past couple years:
SA- guys like ginoboli, finley, elson, bowen, and horry have come off their bench
Mia- Posey, Walker, Zo, Payton + youngsters coming of the bench
Bos- Posey, House, Cassel, Brown + youngsters coming off the bench

...your bench is not even close to on par with those...

SAVAGE CLAW
08-03-2008, 10:46 PM
Knicks: A good PG,a decent SG, a good SF, a good PF, a good C, Get rid of all the crap.

Nets:An inside scoring presence.

Sixers:Some experimented Small Foward ( Battier?)

Celtics:Start throwing out contracts while they still have some value and get younger players, i would start with Ray Allen.

Raptors, Need a better Sg and a TRUE center, im not sold into Bosh or JO playing center, not to talk about Bargnani at the Three... Wouldnt you want Curry for Bargnani???.

Wizzards, Power Foward and a better center.

Bobcats, Get rid of so many Sg/SF and get a decent Center, some veterans for the bench too.

Hawks,waste some money instead of losing players to europe, a good SF (josh is more a PF) and center wouldnt hurt.

Magic,Bring Fran Vazquez at last so Rashard can move to the three.

Heat, Trade Marion for a Pg or a Center.

Pacers, im not a TJ fan so ill say Everything except SF and Center.

Bucks, A better PG and a better PF.

Bulls, Keep Rose ,Deng ,Sefolosha and Noah, Ditch everyting else for a 2 a 4 and a 5.

Pistons, Go younger, stick ONLY to Prince and Afflalo.

Cavs, Do the right thing, that is trade Lebron and Rebuild, they are losing him for nothing in 2010, so better take some value for him.

Lakers, Need a Solid Pg, i would stick to Odom.

Clippers, Just develop the young ones, Maybe Trade Kaman for a PF.

Suns, Rebuild mode, i would try to unload everyone except Barbosa,Diaw and Stou.

Kings, They need everything except Sg, since Martin can do that job.

Warriors, Start over.

Mavericks, Trade Dirk, Begin the Rebuilding.

Spurs, a C and start changing their core for younger versions.

Rockets, a psycologe to recovers Francis morale and they are a Dinasty.

Grizzlies, Pass enough balls to Marc, Trade Gay and time.

Hornets, Just develop their talent.

Blazers, Start Rudy instead of Webster, they are a 3 promising youngsters for 1 consolidated veteran all-star away from contending.

The OKC IDONTCARES..... well I DONT CARE.

Jazz, Sg, maybe for Kirilenko? ( Gordon for Kirilenko? would help both teams)

Nuggets, Pg, SG ( get rid of Iverson), Pf ( get rid of Kmart) C ( get rid of nene).

Wolves, Time and bench.

Ph1lly Diehard
08-03-2008, 11:21 PM
I'm going to have to disagree with you if you think that the 76ers have bench experience...

-The 76ers only bigmen on the bench are Smith and Speights... a rookie and a sophomore... championship teams USUALLY have some more experience then that.
-If you guys are depending on getting much from rush and ivey you are going to be very very dissapointed...
-I like Thad young... but the dude is not "expirienced"

If you look at the winners the past couple years:
SA- guys like ginoboli, finley, elson, bowen, and horry have come off their bench
Mia- Posey, Walker, Zo, Payton + youngsters coming of the bench
Bos- Posey, House, Cassel, Brown + youngsters coming off the bench

...your bench is not even close to on par with those...

Your right, we don't have a bench like that, but you can't say we have a bad one.

It's a better than average bench definitally.

And if you look at Thads stats from the playoffs to regular season, he averaged a little more in everything than he did in the regular season, so expierence is not really a concern, as he showed in his only trip to the playoffs that he will step his game up if needed.

lalakobe24
08-03-2008, 11:22 PM
you need one word LUCK only 1 team wins it every year sometimes not even the best team

DerekRE_3
08-03-2008, 11:34 PM
Hellocrooner you said the Kings need everything? Have you heard of Kevin Martin??? I guess 24 ppg isn't that good. And he's only gonna score more with Artest gone.

haircanada
08-03-2008, 11:51 PM
ok dude raptors have a centre his name is JERMAINE O'NEAL and they dont have the dinosaur as their logo its a claw duhhh

kurtismurray
08-04-2008, 12:02 AM
The Jazz don't need a SG. Ronnie Brewer averaged nearly 12 ppg. and didn't have ANY plays run for him. Kyle Korver off the bench, a proven player. CJ Miles who if gets time succeeds. In CJ's highest minute game he had 29 pts. 5 reb. 4 asts. 3 steals back in March I believe against Washington. Then Morris Almond is a proven scorer at Rice, The Flash and Summer team.

The Jazz only need a BIG player in the paint to alter shots. Okur is AWESOME and can score and shoot and still grabs rebounds. I think the Jazz are set!

NBA FINALS PREDICTION!

BOSTON CELTICS vs. UTAH JAZZ

JordansBulls
08-04-2008, 12:10 AM
Bulls need everything except PG.

Crunchy12489
08-04-2008, 01:13 AM
I can only speak for 3 teams that I consistently watch.

1) Denver: Need a pass-first point guard (who can score at times) to dish it to the best duo in the league (offensively). We need a player with paint-presence. K-Mart takes alot of lame jump shots, primarily because no one is setting him up. Nene is our starter so I think this will be solved. Karl needs to have trust in his younger players and stop working his starters to the bone. Our 2-3 zone needs work. Our perimeter D is awful, and Camby tries to get a block EVERYTIME in the post which leaves the other man open in the post (See Pau Gasol in the playoffs). We are too small to hold man-to-man defense. Iverson needs to take alot more charges instead of gambling on a swipe. Lastly, we need offensive strategy. Too much isolation 1on1 plays.

2) Philadelphia: They need 3PT depth. Getting rid of Korver hurt them tremendously. There is not one person on the Sixers team that is gifted behind the arc. Other than the lack of 3PT shooters, this team just needs experience in the playoffs. This postseason let them know how hard they must have to work to get to the Eastern Conference Finals, so that's a plus coming into next season. With the departure of Iverson, this team was left with no leader and no reliable man to take the game into his hands. Sixers don't have balls! After this postseason and offseason, I'm sure Brand will be the leader of this team being that he is the oldest and has been through the playoffs.

3) New Orleans: With the addition of posey, they now have someone who can hold defense at the 2 or 3 spot. Mo Peterson is terrible at holding defense, see Kobe's 81 points for further evidence. After losing in the 2nd round, this team (like the Sixers) will get better out of defeat. They just need more experience to get better as well. David West is starting to become a beast! Chris Paul needs to get TC a little more active on the offensive side of the floor.

_Sn1P3r_
08-04-2008, 01:20 AM
Knicks: A good PG,a decent SG, a good SF, a good PF, a good C, Get rid of all the crap.

Celtics:Start throwing out contracts while they still have some value and get younger players, i would start with Ray Allen.

Raptors, Need a better Sg and a TRUE center, im not sold into Bosh or JO playing center, not to talk about Bargnani at the Three... Wouldnt you want Curry for Bargnani???.

Bobcats, Get rid of so many Sg/SF and get a decent Center, some veterans for the bench too.

Hawks,waste some money instead of losing players to europe, a good SF (josh is more a PF) and center wouldnt hurt.

Bulls, Keep Rose ,Deng ,Sefolosha and Noah, Ditch everyting else for a 2 a 4 and a 5.

Cavs, Do the right thing, that is trade Lebron and Rebuild, they are losing him for nothing in 2010, so better take some value for him.

Suns, Rebuild mode, i would try to unload everyone except Barbosa,Diaw and Stou.

Warriors, Start over.

Blazers, Start Rudy instead of Webster, they are a 3 promising youngsters for 1 consolidated veteran all-star away from contending.

Nuggets, Pg, SG ( get rid of Iverson), Pf ( get rid of Kmart) C ( get rid of nene).

Wolves, Time and bench.

No thanks.

Kings Faithful
08-04-2008, 01:37 AM
He is, but he is a combo guard that can be slowed down. Lets see what he does when he gets to the playoffs later in his career, and gets to face top level defense every night. He isn't in the same conversation with Kobe.

Uh....no he can't be slowed down, so far at least. That is one of the major upsides about Kevin....no team has really showed the ability to keep him down. At first he surprised people with his quickness, and the other teams did catch on. But he learned to get to the line whenever he wants and on top of that make shots and get to the line for "and 1's". Combine that with the fact that he is one of the quickest players in the league along with his good 3 point shooting. He'll be good in the playoff's later on, but until then I guess people are gonna continue to underrate him.

BillyHoyle35
08-04-2008, 01:52 AM

Warriors, Start over.

Wolves, Time and bench.

The celtics shouldn't throw out one of their 3 stars just after they have won a title. They are already a major threat for back to back.

The clippers do need a PF, but as if you would trade Kaman (good solid center, 26 years old and can still improve and grow his game) instead of Camby (mainly just a defender, 34 years old) Easy one to work out on who you would keep there...

knowledgeGOD
08-04-2008, 02:21 AM
Ok, basically you need to have 5 SOLID players including stars, shooters scorerrs, rebounders and defenders to be a cahmpion plus a solid bench.

So waht holes do you think each team needs to fill?:

Lakers: Point Guard, a REAL Small Foward, Bench.

CLippers:PG, SF, Bench.

KIngs: PG,SG;SF;PF;C,BEnch, you name it EVERYTHING.

SUns:Youth

Warriors: PF, C, BEnch.

Spurs:Youth, SF, C (tim is best at pf) depth.

Mavs:SF, C , Bench.

ROckets: PG,Bench

GRizz: Time and Bench

Hornets:TIme

OKC stealers:MIracle, Pg, Pf, C, Bench, Time

Blazers: TIme and Chemistry.

Jazz:SG, C,Bench

Wolves: EVERYTHING

Raptors:SG, SF, C, Bench a new name and logo, burn barney.

Knicks: uhhhh someone to stop making vodooo, in paper they have all....

Nets: Time and Lebron

Celtics: They are so nothing? some youth wouldnt hurt.

Sixers: SF, Time to develop chemistry.

Hawks, a GM, Spend more money, SF if they lose smith, C , bench

Bobcats, MIchael jordan to play instead of GM.

Magic, SG, a real PF or C t move howard down.

Heat, TIme.

WIzzards, C, Bench

Pistons, GO younger a real C.

Bulls, Time, SG, and C

BUcks, PG, PF bench

Cavs, PG, PF, C; BENCH

what does a new name and logo have to do with being champions?

LayZbone
08-04-2008, 02:23 AM
what does a new name and logo have to do with being champions?

it has everything to do w/ it

knowledgeGOD
08-04-2008, 02:27 AM
it has everything to do w/ it
wtf what are you talking about there could be a sick *** team with uniforms that are pink and purple and a flower logo that could take over nba teams and it wouldnt matter about the name and logo

Kyle N.
08-04-2008, 02:57 AM
I'll take a stab at this.

Hawks: C, SF (if Josh Smith plays PF), a starting veteran

Celtics: Nothing

Bobcats: C, Time

Bulls: C, (They should be better anyway)

Cavs: PG, PF (I don't think Ben is getting it done anymore)

Pistons: C

Pacers: PF, C, Some sort of identity

Heat: C

Bucks: PF, Chemistry, Give Bogut a high five

Nets: SF, PF, C

Knicks: Defense, Morale boost

Magic: PG, SG

76ers: SG

Raptors: Hope O'Neal works out

Wizards: C, Healthy players

Mavs: Don't know how to help you

Nuggets: Defense (no two ways around it)

Warriors: We'll have to wait and see

Rockets: Artest not to go into the stands (Yao Ming called it)

Clippers: They need time to work something out

Lakers: SF (Radmanovic is holding them back)

Grizz: PG, PF, C, GM, Fans

Wolves: Getting Mike Miller was good, Jefferson is a beast, not much else I can say though, they just need to establish an identity

Hornets: SG

Suns: To never do something as stupid as trading Marion for Shaq again

Blazers: Time

Kings: SF, PF

Spurs: Youth

OKC: Any position Kevin Durant doesn't play, and hope Westbrook deserved to be picked 4th

Jazz: Nothing much, they should continue being good

Crunchy12489
08-04-2008, 03:01 AM
The furthest team from a championship has to be the Grizzlies, in my opinion.

The Knicks have coach D'Antoni, so I expect vast improvement coming into next season.

I have said this numerous of times, your army is only as good as your general.

Isiah was a terrible general.

Kyle N.
08-04-2008, 03:05 AM
The furthest team from a championship has to be the Grizzlies, in my opinion.

The Knicks have coach D'Antoni, so I expect vast improvement coming into next season.

I have said this numerous of times, your army is only as good as your general.

Isiah was a terrible general.

I agree. Despite Davis, I see the Clips down there with them (again). Also, the Nuggets better start playing some defense or I think they can add their name to that group.

Hellcrooner
08-04-2008, 03:06 AM
When was the last time a Wnba like logo or name, or a ridiculous or horride logo and name won an Nba title?

It must have some hoddoo on it.

knowledgeGOD
08-04-2008, 03:31 AM
thats the most stupidest **** i've ever heard

Crunchy12489
08-04-2008, 03:34 AM
I agree. Despite Davis, I see the Clips down there with them (again). Also, the Nuggets better start playing some defense or I think they can add their name to that group.

We are gifted too offensively to be down there with those bums.

Still, there is no reason to not play defense, so I agree with what you are trying to emphasize.

Kyle N.
08-04-2008, 03:42 AM
We are gifted too offensively to be down there with those bums.

Still, there is no reason to not play defense, so I agree with what you are trying to emphasize.

Yeah true, they won't be that bad. Forget I said it. Still though, as it stands now, it looks like a long shot to make the playoffs. But they have a ton of talent (obviously AI and Melo) so it won't take a whole lot to put them back in the chase.

Crunchy12489
08-04-2008, 03:49 AM
Yeah true, they won't be that bad. Forget I said it. Still though, as it stands now, it looks like a long shot to make the playoffs. But they have a ton of talent (obviously AI and Melo) so it won't take a whole lot to put them back in the chase.

True.

They have plenty to prove next season.

Jay22Redd
08-04-2008, 04:05 AM
let me try: