PDA

View Full Version : Bears' D tackle Dvoracek eager to get back on field

BrewCityBuck
08-03-2008, 03:36 PM
Defensive tackle Dusty Dvoracek's personal goals for this season might seem modest to some.

"One personal goal is stay healthy all year and play in every game," Dvoracek said. "That's my No. 1 goal. Start all the games and stay healthy and finish the season strong and no more season-ending injuries."

Considering the former third-round pick has been healthy enough to play just 29 snaps in two seasons and is currently sidelined with a calf injury that has kept him out of all 11 training-camp practices through Thursday, achieving that goal would be huge - not just for Dvoracek, but for a Bears defense that expects to play at a dominant level.

No one wants to see Dvoracek back on the field more than defensive tackle Tommie Harris, who lines up next to the 6-foot-3, 303-pounder in the Bears' base defense.

They played together for three years at Oklahoma, but their playing time together with the Bears has been limited by Dvoracek's preseason foot injury that snuffed out his rookie season in 2006 and the torn ACL that felled him in last year's season opener.

"It'd be a great thing to get him back out there, so we can get our chemistry back together," Harris said. "He's consistent. He's very smart when it comes down to (figuring out) what the offense is trying to do.

"And it's just his attitude. He's a wild man; he's an animal. He's got his (long) hair and his tattoos, and he's amazing. He'll give us a boost."

Dvoracek's stay-at-home, run-stuffing style is an ideal complement to Harris' quickness and ability to cause disruption and sacks in opposing backfields.

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=224894&src=148

Having Dusty would give you guys some depth at DT that you haven't had in a while. It would be nice for Tommie Harris to have a better than average compliment.

Soop
08-03-2008, 03:43 PM
I'm just eager to see Dusty play and pray he can stay healthy. :pray:

Tankjeep
08-04-2008, 10:40 AM
definitley

Bulldog76
08-04-2008, 11:34 AM
The Human Fire Hydrant...he is about as stout against the run as I can recall a bears d-tackle since ted washington and keith traylor.