PDA

View Full Version : Justin Harrell says he'll be back despite critics.

BrewCityBuck
08-03-2008, 02:16 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=779213

The new pain in his lower back, which occurred in July and didn't involve weightlifting, "is nowhere close" to being as severe as the rupture in March, said Harrell. According to Harrell, he had been on schedule to practice in pads when camp opened.

The Packers placed Harrell on the active/physically-unable-to-perform list July 28 but still must count him on the 80-man roster. Each day, he receives therapy and cardiovascular work from the medical and strength staff. He has resumed running, but there is no timetable for his return. He's only a few pounds over his prescribed weight.

"Right now, yeah," Harrell replied when asked if he was pretty sure that he'd play this season. "But it's one of those things you never know how tomorrow's going to go. I've just got to take it day-to-day and get my mind set that I'm going to be ready to go until the doctor tells me different."

Harrell said he wasn't even thinking about the possibility of additional surgery, but added, "I guess it's out there."

After declining to pay big money to Corey Williams and trading him to Cleveland, the Packers projected Harrell as the possible starter at right tackle next to Ryan Pickett. Harrell himself was planning on starting.

His level of play last season in 196 snaps was what Harrell called "nowhere close" to his capabilities.

It all sounds nice, but I don't ever see Justin Harrell working out for us in the longterm. I gave him a bye for last year since he was behind depth and coming back from a college injury, but yet another offseason where he didn't do enough to prepare himself, and yet again gets hurt. Thats two seasons where he's far behind other players at his position.

Really unfortunante.

ryanph30
08-03-2008, 02:30 PM
I really hope this guy can turn his career around and stay healthy. He seems like a good kid with some tough luck.

BrewCityBuck
08-03-2008, 02:38 PM
WTF are you talking about? He hurt himself lifting weights. Where do all you morons come from?

Damn sound like a bunch of women in here

Regardless, Justin Harrell seems like one of those players who will always be getting nicked up, he's had problems staying healthy at every level he's played at going back to HS. I hope for the best but I just have that feeling about him.

Same thing with Glenn Dorsey (just sprained his knee yesterday).

newdude
08-03-2008, 04:27 PM
Didn't he said this last time?

wwfd1220
08-03-2008, 05:20 PM
once again the you tube production of those college kids moments after the selection would be warranted here. i love that ****

hughest4
08-03-2008, 06:39 PM
Well, even though he still isnt playing it does seem likely that he will at some point. When this new injury occurred a couple of weeks ago they were saying it probably wouldnt play at all this season. He is a very talented player and even if he isn't a 100% we still need him on the field

twelvePack
08-04-2008, 04:07 PM
WOW, huge surprise!!! Harrell still hurt??? No way it can't be. This guy was a waste of a pick, and now we are going to be looking at year three before he produces. The guy is injury prone, bottom line. He hasn't had one healthy season since high school, and the trend continues. Wow am I glad we traded Williams, haha, another brilliant TT move.