PDA

View Full Version : Do Not Trade Battier. Trade Ideas

bcross90
08-03-2008, 01:55 PM
I say we make a run at hinrich with a possible sign and trade with carl landry and maybe alston. i dont have a problem losing landry because his knee is questionable and him and his agent(refuse to get tests on knee before contract) are hiding something. i also think harris and dorsey although less talented can fill that spot with hard work and an all-out attitude.

Another idea is go after david lee by packaging young bigs because he is on the block and he is big enough to play backup c and pf. he could be an efficent big for us that averages 25 min at the pf and c.

NO MATTER WHAT DO NOT TRADE BATTIER HE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAT YOU THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!

HouRealCoach
08-03-2008, 02:23 PM
I like the Hinrich trade but I want Landry back

Trade Head for Cash Considerations

BRADfromOZ
08-03-2008, 05:19 PM
I like the idea of getting Lee, he is consistent. Hinrich is a little pricey and if we get Artest will have to trade Alston and Battier to get Hinrich. Otherwise its Alston and 4 to six of our bench guys.

fins08
08-03-2008, 05:30 PM
We aldready got Artest. Package Skip to My Lou and Landry plus cash for him Hinrich? Not Dorsey or the kid from oregon. Is a trade necessary with...
Alston
T-Mac
Artest
Scola
Yao
?

fins08
08-03-2008, 05:33 PM
If you get Lee who starts, him or Scola? Hinrich is overpaid and yall got Brooks Alston and Head at PG.

BRADfromOZ
08-03-2008, 06:09 PM
You'd have to start Scolaaa.

bcross90
08-03-2008, 06:13 PM
ya in a perfect world we would trade landry(sign and trade) and alston for hinrich and our lineup would be

Hinrich
McGrady
Battier
Scola
Yao
6th Man of the Year: Ron Artest
Most Improved Player: Luis Scola (12ppg) (12 rebs)

{}
08-03-2008, 07:37 PM
Why David Lee? The Rockets could find another Pete Chillcut type hustler in the D-league for the minimum.

Hinrich? Another good MLE caliber player getting paid 10m a year. NO thanks. Is he even better than Alston? Maybe slightly but nothing to justify 2x the salary.

The Rockets have a good enough roster. They can find a servicable backup PG in the D-league.

tr3ymill3r
08-03-2008, 10:53 PM
you don't want to lose Alston for Hinrich, because then we are back in the same situation wtih no back up PG. I would love the addition of Kirk on the team, and I know the Bulls would be looking to move him to be able to keep Ben Gordon and since they got Rose with the first pick in the draft. I havent looked at the finances of it, but I would do Luther Head and a 2nd round draft pick or the cash considerations, and as for Landry if he was as good as he and his agent thinks other teams would hvae made a qualifying offer by now, or he would have taken his ball and gone to play over seas. Playing your butt off for a year doesnt just grant you a fat contract, if he were a veteran and realized how close he really is to a championship he would take a pay cut to try and get a ring....cough cough Gary Payton...cough cough Karl Malone...oops sorry

jdillion
08-04-2008, 01:00 AM
i dont really see the point in trading for a point guard rafer is fine an i think we should keep battier cuz of the leadership he brings and i think that he will be able to keep artest in a good place

ps if we do trade for hinrich he does not make that much money his contract is front loaded( kno this cuz we talk about him on the knicks forums all the time lol)

Wizard of O's
08-04-2008, 01:11 AM
Rafer is great defensively and a good distributor but lacks shooting the ball.

If the Rockets could get another PG who can come off the bench and shoot. I'd be all for it.

But giving up Battier or Landry to do so would fill one hole and open another.

I wouldn't mind giving up Luther Head, Marty Leunen and Joey Dorsey for Hinrich.

Chronz
08-04-2008, 04:17 AM
Well David Lee is up for an extension soon isnt he so he would probably be a 1 year rental though he would be an excellent pickup, the guy gets double doubles in his sleep. But we really dont need him with Scola here and if Landry resigns.

Hinrich was one of my favorite players before last year because of his combination of size, defensive tenacity and the fact that he shot 42% from distance. After last year though its looking like it was nothing more than a guy playing above his head for a fat contract. Hes no longer worth the investment and is definitely not a huge upgrade on Rafer so no

TMAC94
08-04-2008, 07:12 AM
why the hell would artest be 6th man?

Jpripper88
08-04-2008, 09:41 AM
Again, the Rockets cannot sign and trade Carl Landry. He either resigns or goes elsewhere with no compensation.

Bosh=nextKG
08-04-2008, 09:59 AM
I like the team the way it is except i want landry to resdign. He;s brings the toughness and he gives it his all. Artest will startand with that lineup we will content for a title. Thats a hell of a 3 with some good role players surrounding them. Mutombo better sign on this season cuz he has a good chance at winning a ring with the rockets this year.

TMAC94
08-04-2008, 10:05 AM
i think we should have a 10 man rotation, dependin on the night maybe 11.

PG: Alston / Brooks
SG: T-Mac / Barry or Francis
SF: Artest / Battier
PF: Scola / Landry
C: Yao / Landry or Scola

TMAC94
08-04-2008, 10:11 AM
Call me crazy, id trade battier for J.R Smith

bcross90
08-04-2008, 11:34 AM
you're crazy. battier is going to be a vital part of this season's success.