PDA

View Full Version : Breaking news: Favre reinstated

enordrum
08-03-2008, 11:17 AM
ESPN's Ed Werder is reporting Favre has been re-instated by Roger Goodell. Is is on NFL network now.

What's next?

PackerFan4Ever
08-03-2008, 11:18 AM
I Will Never Purchase Another Gb Logo If Thompson Makes Favre Ride The God Damn Bench Or Forces Him To Take A God Damn Marketing Deal

I Wannna See The Greatest Qb Of All Time Play And Start One More Time

Brooke
08-03-2008, 11:20 AM
if the moron TT makes him sit on the bench, he is the dumbest man on the face of the earth

I am watching Sportscenter and Ed Werder said Favre is on his way to Green Bay shortly

newdude
08-03-2008, 12:07 PM
OOOHHH, I thought it was suppose to be Monday?

SDteacher
08-03-2008, 12:13 PM
I'm sick.

Beermankk
08-03-2008, 01:06 PM
I dont know if he is the greatest of all-time. Most entertaining yes, but I would say he is more of a top 3-5 QB of all time. Now hopefully he accepts a trade to the Jets. Accepting him back as a starter would mean players wouldn't take the Packers organization seriously or we would have to get rid of Thompson, Mccarthy and Murphy to start a new direction.

Ryan Diesel
08-03-2008, 01:20 PM
Favre is a Packer and he doesn't want to be a Jet. Would you?? This whole media circus is all because Favre still wants to be our QB. He's about to turn down the bribe because he just wants to play. The Packers need to realize there are only two choices here. Favre as our starting QB, or Favre as the Vikings. It's pretty black and white. It's pretty obvious which one is the best for the Packers. Why they've been fighting kicking and screaming this entire time just blows my mind. The Queens screwed up big time by not getting a decent QB this year. They're pretty solid everywhere except the most important position in football. And we're going to let them have Favre and let them off the hook?? If you wanna crown them, then crown their ***. But I'll never forgive Thompson if he let's them off the hook and gives them Favre. I'm not sure I'll ever forgive him for the way he's handled this entire situation. Our management has damaged the reputation of the Packers so bad in the last couple months it makes me want to puke. I used to be able to brag that we were better than every other team, the way the Packers conduct business. That we were a family and owned by the fans yet we still win, and all kinds of other nonsense. Because that's what it is, we're no different than any other black hearted robot corporation. It wasn't always like that, but when your buying the best player on our team off to stay retired? I just don't get it, and I love Favre and I'm so glad he's not taking the money, but I would never blame anyone for taking 25 mil for anything that doesn't involve a hot poker in the eye ball or getting gang raped by 100 prison inmates. There is not one person in this forum that wouldn't do some of the most ridiculous Shi'ite for even 1 mil.

lavell12
08-03-2008, 01:24 PM
I maybe the only one, but I believe Favre will start the season as the starting QB for the Packers.

ryanph30
08-03-2008, 01:29 PM
I have no idea what is coming next, this entire thing is crazy.

newdude
08-03-2008, 01:30 PM
Favre is a Packer and he doesn't want to be a Jet. Would you?? This whole media circus is all because Favre still wants to be our QB. He's about to turn down the bribe because he just wants to play. The Packers need to realize there are only two choices here. Favre as our starting QB, or Favre as the Vikings. It's pretty black and white. It's pretty obvious which one is the best for the Packers. Why they've been fighting kicking and screaming this entire time just blows my mind. The Queens screwed up big time by not getting a decent QB this year. They're pretty solid everywhere except the most important position in football. And we're going to let them have Favre and let them off the hook?? If you wanna crown them, then crown their ***. But I'll never forgive Thompson if he let's them off the hook and gives them Favre. I'm not sure I'll ever forgive him for the way he's handled this entire situation. Our management has damaged the reputation of the Packers so bad in the last couple months it makes me want to puke. I used to be able to brag that we were better than every other team, the way the Packers conduct business. That we were a family and owned by the fans yet we still win, and all kinds of other nonsense. Because that's what it is, we're no different than any other black hearted robot corporation. It wasn't always like that, but when your buying the best player on our team off to stay retired? I just don't get it, and I love Favre and I'm so glad he's not taking the money, but I would never blame anyone for taking 25 mil for anything that doesn't involve a hot poker in the eye ball or getting gang raped by 100 prison inmates. There is not one person in this forum that wouldn't do some of the most ridiculous Shi'ite for even 1 mil.

I agree dude, except for the last few sentences:D

But that highlighted sentences made me think of this :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECTt67adObI

BrewCityBuck
08-03-2008, 01:33 PM
Favre's arrival in training camp could cause a major disruption to the team, although he would not likely begin practicing with the Packers right away.

Coach Mike McCarthy has said the Packers have a plan in place should Favre report to camp. He first would have to pass a physical exam and a conditioning test, then would likely be limited to individual drills.

Sounds like he'd be treated kind of like an outcast. Since Brett Favre will not be the starter and Favre doesn't want to be a backup, this doesn't really change anything. Either Favre says he'll accept being a backup or he's traded.

newdude
08-03-2008, 01:39 PM
Sounds like he'd be treated kind of like an outcast. Since Brett Favre will not be the starter and Favre doesn't want to be a backup, this doesn't really change anything. Either Favre says he'll accept being a backup or he's traded.

At least he'll have most of his teammates' support. They won't separate him totally like in a different location, or the NFLPA or Goodell will take action.

BrewCityBuck
08-03-2008, 01:54 PM
At least he'll have most of his teammates' support. They won't separate him totally like in a different location, or the NFLPA or Goodell will take action.

Well yeah., he'll be there but he'll just being doing stuff off to the side.

RcrkllrH2
08-03-2008, 01:58 PM
he will be traded

to whom i dont know

but he will be traded

meandering
08-03-2008, 02:34 PM

He will be made to be seperated from others as i feel he does not deserve to partipate with OUR team! Maybe he will become the lockerroom attendant where they throw their sweaty jocks at him! Maybe he could be the holder for Mason!
If Brett Favre was on fire in front of me - I wouldnt piss on him!

meandering
08-03-2008, 02:37 PM
Visions of Charles Woodson running a "Pick 6" off of the Almighty one and taking it to the house!

Brett don't scare me......we know who he is!

Instead of retiring his jersey....weissue it to Brohm!

Brunner
08-03-2008, 02:47 PM
Like it or not. For the moment Favre is a Packer again! :clap:

Brooke
08-03-2008, 02:51 PM
Instead of retiring his jersey....weissue it to Brohm!

:rolleyes:

SDteacher
08-03-2008, 03:56 PM

He will be made to be seperated from others as i feel he does not deserve to partipate with OUR team! Maybe he will become the lockerroom attendant where they throw their sweaty jocks at him! Maybe he could be the holder for Mason!

What is wrong with you? What did he do to you? All he wants to do is play. Why not give him a chance. Are you a packer fan?

SDteacher
08-03-2008, 03:57 PM
:rolleyes:

is that you saying you agree?

robdizzle3
08-03-2008, 04:09 PM
Favre will come into Camp and start throwing like the Hall of Fame QB he is then you will here the players when asked about how is Favre saying he never left and looking like he did last yar.Then here whispers o the players wanting Favre as the QB.Hopefully that happens because Favre as you guys know is our best chance to get to the super bowl.Now I do believe that Rodgers can play but as good as Favre?

newdude
08-03-2008, 04:14 PM
is that you saying you agree?

Lol, Brooke is far from agreeing with that statement.

But seriously, I never question someone's fanhood b4, but that meandering dude's making me think otherwise.

robdizzle3
08-03-2008, 04:16 PM

Wow I hope you were joking because you just clearly disrespected Brett and if you just said you were getting tired of Favre's act or Favre is completely wrong in this situaton then its not a problem but you are being unappreciative towards what Brett has done for us ovr his career just to piss non him or not piss on him in your case but you probably arent a Packers fan anyways

Ryan Diesel
08-03-2008, 04:16 PM
That dude would get beat up talking like that around here. He must not be from Wisconsin.

enordrum
08-03-2008, 05:23 PM
Personally, I think this is great news. Favre will be allowed to compete for the starting position, which he has 17 years worth of film for evaluation. Rogers has what... 59 snaps? I will admit, Rodgers looked great against Dallas' prevent defense but we all know Favre's capabilities.

Let Favre play this year, extend Rogers contract, release Favre after the '08 season and everyone will be as satisfied as possible.

wwfd1220
08-03-2008, 05:26 PM
That dude would get beat up talking like that around here. He must not be from Wisconsin.

agreed

robdizzle3
08-03-2008, 05:27 PM

Im not from Wisconsin but it would be the same down here