PDA

View Full Version : Taurean Green

SAVAGE CLAW
08-03-2008, 01:42 AM
Hi, well ive just opened the Newspaper and find out that my city team, Cai Zaragoza from Spanish League has Signed Taurean Green.

Im not much into his game, and everythign i knew is he was part of the Balkman trade since im a Knicks fan.

What can i expect from the kid?.

avsman05
08-03-2008, 02:58 AM
Ummmmm... we saw him play for a total of 6 minutes. LOL no but seriously this kid is young and needs to mature but he is speedy and is a true PG.

DenButsu
08-03-2008, 09:03 AM
Yeah, SC, I wish I could be of more help, but we got him in a midseason trade and he rode the bench the entire time. I really honestly just can't offer an opinion on him, sorry.

SAVAGE CLAW
08-03-2008, 09:24 PM
Tought maybe you had seen some Summer league action or Training....

avsman05
08-03-2008, 10:35 PM
he came over here from portland they might have a better view on him since he did get more mins with them and he played for their summer league.

DenButsu
08-03-2008, 10:51 PM
Tought maybe you had seen some Summer league action or Training....

Unfortunately, he was terrible in summer league last month:

G GS MPG FGA-M 3pA-M FG% 3p% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
5 5 21.2 7-30 3-11 .233 .273 .833 0.2 1.6 1.8 1.6 0.8 0.0 2.00 1.00 6.4
That's 3.6 assists per 48 minutes as a starting pg. Hard to single him out for that, since nobody on the squad was sharing the ball at all, but to me it's a standout stat for a point. And he couldn't hit any of his shots.

But that said, summer league really doesn't mean crap, which is why I didn't bring it up before. I think he has a shot at doing a lot better given more training and development and chances. He could eventually make a return to the NBA as a solid backup pg in the future. At a low cost, he's probably worth a gamble.

GoCubbies65
08-04-2008, 01:05 AM
On the Nuggets I can give you no feed back on the guy, however I saw him i a lot of games playing in NCAA tournaments with Florida.

He is a true point guard, he needs to work on his shooting but has fairly good passing skills. He was always very clutch for Florida when it counted and could become a good point guard if he can mature and puts a lot of work into his game

TheFuture6
08-05-2008, 02:16 AM
Tauren Green (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Taurean-Green-1023/)

:laugh2:

His pre-draft worst case scenario was for him to be comparable to Chucky Atkins.

DenButsu
08-05-2008, 06:53 AM
Tauren Green (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Taurean-Green-1023/)

:laugh2:

His pre-draft worst case scenario was for him to be comparable to Chucky Atkins.

After what we've seen (or more accurately, haven't seen), wouldn't that almost be his best case scenario now?

I mean, that's a funny "worst case" given the situation and everything, but really I'd be surprised if Green gets signed to a multi-year $3 million contract in and/or gets a real chance as a starter in the NBA.