PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Rubio Fact or Bust

SAVAGE CLAW
08-03-2008, 12:28 AM
Ok, ive seen some coments baiting on Ricky Rubio, and im not sure if they come out of ignorance or chauvinistic national pride.

Some asure he will be a bust.

Ok here are some facts.

He is 17 Years Old.

A 17 year old American Kid is still in high school, playing under unprofessional training schemes and facing no real oposition.

Ok Ricky Rubio:

-Has 3 full seasons of play in the second best national league in the world.

-Has been the starter on his team this year , that is top of the class and plays Euroleague.

-Has covered succesfully Former Nba Players or actual Nba Players, like Sergio Rodriguez, Raul Lopez or Charlie Bell.

-Unlike the average euro is an EXCELLENT man to man deffender, has size and range, and its still Growing.

-Is excellent in court vision and play vision.

-Great Ball handler-

-He is Pass first, but he knows how to score, he made a 50/20/11 in an european final for Jr players.

-While American guys his age are having his summer holydays he is going to play the Olympics on a Contender.

-To make that final list he has passed former world champion Carlos Cabezas, and Nba Player Sergio Rodriguez.

- He is being used as Calderons reserve, playing more minutes than Raul Lopez Formar jazz Player.

Remeber only 17 ....

So wich is it, Bust or the real thing?

lakers4sho
08-03-2008, 12:29 AM
Hey, just like with all other rooks, he's gotta play an NBA game first before we judge him.

cmellofan15
08-03-2008, 12:31 AM
I don't know much about it but you make him seem like a solid player. I think there will be lots of teams trying to grab him.

SAVAGE CLAW
08-03-2008, 12:34 AM
Dont take my word for it.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Ricky-Rubio-1155/

There is also a file in Nbadraft.net

And a report in Slam magacine.

lakers4sho
08-03-2008, 12:35 AM
He's a pretty good player according to the write-ups, but unfortunately, I haven't seen this kid play. I hope I get to see him in action during the Olympics. Is he the starting PG, or is JCN starting for Spain?

SAVAGE CLAW
08-03-2008, 12:49 AM
Calderon/Ricky/Raul Lopez.

Navarro only plays sg for spain.

BALLER71
08-03-2008, 12:53 AM
The kid is a stud

bball1217
08-03-2008, 01:11 AM
Hey, just like with all other rooks, he's gotta play an NBA game first before we judge him.

Agreed. But, he does look good. However nothing can be proven until he plays a season in the NBA.

daleja424
08-03-2008, 01:18 AM
Ok, ive seen some coments baiting on Ricky Rubio, and im not sure if they come out of ignorance or chauvinistic national pride.

Ok here are some facts.

He is 17 Years Old.

A 17 year old American Kid is still in high school, playing under unprofessional training schemes and facing no real oposition.

Ok Ricky Rubio:

-Has been the starter on his team this year , that is top of the class and plays Euroleague.

-Has covered succesfully Former Nba Players or actual Nba Players, like Sergio Rodriguez, Raul Lopez or Charlie Bell.

-Unlike the average euro is an EXCELLENT man to man deffender, has size and range, and its still Growing.

-Great Ball handler-

-He is Pass first, but he knows how to score, he made a 50/20/11 in an european final for Jr players.

-While American guys his age are having his summer holydays he is going to play the Olympics on a Contender.

-To make that final list he has passed former world champion Carlos Cabezas, and Nba Player Sergio Rodriguez.

- He is being used as Calderons reserve, playing more minutes than Raul Lopez Formar jazz Player.

Remeber only 17 ....

will be a special player IMO... my point earlier was that this guy is 17 Years old. he isnt going to be able to outmatch 25 year NBA studs in their prime at this olympics. The worst player on team us would whip up on this kid at this point. but in 5 years maybe he is an elite player...

qwestion13
08-03-2008, 01:20 AM

Ok here are some facts.

He is 17 Years Old.

Ok Ricky Rubio:

-Great Ball handler-

Remeber only 17 ....

Based on your description it seems like there's no chance he can fail!

Unfortunately no one in this forum has rehally seen the kid play other than Youtube videos which only show highlights, so there's no point in speculating. Hopefully we'll see him a lot this summer playing for Spain...Whatever you think, there's no doubt he is going to be one of the most closely watched non-US players...

jimbobjarree
08-03-2008, 12:13 PM
looks like he'l burn himself out early if hes done all that before 17. He looks a stud

MiamiHeat
08-03-2008, 12:17 PM
i hope i get a chance to see him play in the olympics
wow 50/20/11

lakers4sho
08-03-2008, 01:37 PM
I decided to watch a few clips of Rubio. He is a very fast player, but he still needs a little more refinement to his game, because in the NBA, he will be playing against guys as good, if not better than him. He also looks a little soft out there, missing a few easy layups a couple of times, needs to add a little more weight if he wants to play in the NBA. He has great potential, I agree, but he still needs to develop more if he wants to succeed in the NBA.

POZUNO
08-03-2008, 01:50 PM
I heard he was gonna be the number 1 pick in next years draft. I don't know about all that but IMO he will be a stud. I've seen the kid play a few times and from what I've see he has a lot of upside. Dude has decent handles, his passing skills keeps getting better every year, and for young kid the dude plays with a lot of heart. I like Ricky and if given the chance to play in the NBA, this kid can only get better. One thing though is he needs to bulk up.

Westbrook36
08-03-2008, 02:45 PM
I heard hes a Very good player but I will not say hes going to be like Chris Paul untill I see him vs the best in the NBA

Hellcrooner
08-03-2008, 03:14 PM
His game is nothing like chris paul, he is less of an attacker and more a facilitator.

If i had to compare him with anyone it woudfl be Stockton.

AgentViet
08-03-2008, 03:17 PM
He's gonna be really good IMO.

Joshtd1
08-03-2008, 03:22 PM
^^Agreed. I think he needs to get a little bit stronger, but I think he will be a stud.