PDA

View Full Version : Do the Phoenix Suns still have a good chance to win it all in 2008-2009?

JordansBulls
08-02-2008, 11:31 PM
Do the Phoenix Suns still have a good chance to win it all in 2008-2009?

PG Nash/Barbosa
SG Bell/Dragic/Strawberry
SF Barnes/Hill
PF Amare/Diaw
C Shaq/Lopez/Skinner??

cmellofan15
08-02-2008, 11:36 PM
I think they need a better SF to contend. Matt Barnes and Hill are good but I think they need another guy like Marion (but worse b/c they can't get a guy that good). Maybe if they make a nice move this offseason.

DQL
08-02-2008, 11:41 PM
Nash and Shaq are aging. Not sure how much left in their tanks

djeller1139
08-02-2008, 11:42 PM
No...Shaq is too old, and they lost a good amount of offensive production in Marion.

lakers4sho
08-02-2008, 11:45 PM
Nope, especially b/c they are adapting to a new system and all. Shaq is old, Nash is old. Nobody to carry the load in scoring except for Amare. They could probably still be a 50 win team, but that's it.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
08-02-2008, 11:46 PM
nope

still1ballin
08-02-2008, 11:49 PM
First round exit.

avsman05
08-02-2008, 11:55 PM
they wont make the playoffs it will take them to much time to adjust to the new coach in the difficult west so no.

lakers4sho
08-03-2008, 12:04 AM
they wont make the playoffs it will take them to much time to adjust to the new coach in the difficult west so no.

That's a pretty bold statement. I'd still take them over the Blazers, Warriors, or the Nuggets.

knowledgeGOD
08-03-2008, 12:08 AM
they'll prolly make the playoffs but i dont seem them going any far than 1st round.. man if like shaq was younger they'd probably be a sick team cause "no one can do it without shaq " lol

avsman05
08-03-2008, 12:24 AM
That's a pretty bold statement. I'd still take them over the Blazers, Warriors, or the Nuggets.

why?

t-mac1nukka
08-03-2008, 12:27 AM
cause they are still better than those three at every part of the game!!!!

thephoenixson28
08-03-2008, 12:28 AM
Yes sir just cuz we got the best pg, pf, and c yes I said it shaq is still the best which center is better yao ming is soft the only arguement is tyson chandler I don't know why everyone is dissing the shaq trade marion doesn't have no offense he can't even create his own shot not taking anything away from marion he was one of my favorite players the only thing he is good for is defense, dunks,and rebounds shaq does that but not as flashy

*Superman*
08-03-2008, 12:38 AM
Def. No.

Westbrook36
08-03-2008, 12:45 AM
Yes sir just cuz we got the best pg, pf, and c yes I said it shaq is still the best which center is better yao ming is soft the only arguement is tyson chandler I don't know why everyone is dissing the shaq trade marion doesn't have no offense he can't even create his own shot not taking anything away from marion he was one of my favorite players the only thing he is good for is defense, dunks,and rebounds shaq does that but not as flashy

CP3 Over Nash

Kevin Garnett and Duncan over Amare, They are just as good Offensively and WAY better Defensively.

Dwight Over Shaq all day.

stawka
08-03-2008, 12:47 AM
CP3 Over Nash

Kevin Garnett and Duncan over Amare, They are just as good Offensively and WAY better Defensively.

Yeah but it's a shame CP3/KG/Duncan/Dwight aren't on the same team.

Anyway, the Suns are still contenders. When Shaq retires and Nash REALLY declines, then it's over - but not until then. Shaq is still a force and a presence, Amare is beasting, Nash is still Nash, and the role players are still there. Nobody knows what can happen. Did anyone expect the Cavs to make it to the Finals the year before last? Did anyone predict that to happen?

cmellofan15
08-03-2008, 12:49 AM
CP3 Over Nash

Nash 2x MVP. CP3 couldn't win this year even though he was comp.
Amare won't have to play KG unless they're both in the finals.
The same with Shaq.
And these players are all on DIFFERENT teams. Give a lineup that compares to the Suns.

BH-Sports
08-03-2008, 12:58 AM
Okay. They have only one chance to win.

1: If Shaq Plays out of his mind and just give it all for a last championship
2: If Grant Hill wants it so bad that hell play like how he used to

QUICKTRADE
08-03-2008, 01:07 AM
they will make to it to the second round for sure but i doubt if they could pass the 2nd round of playoffs.

bball1217
08-03-2008, 01:08 AM
They have a chance, but a small one, with teams like the Lakers, Rockets, Hornets, Spurs and Jazz all having greater chances to win it all IMO. It will be a very hard road for a lot of teams. I think they have a great chance to make the playoffs, but past that, it will be very hard.

DQL
08-03-2008, 01:10 AM

Anyway, the Suns are still contenders. When Shaq retires and Nash REALLY declines, then it's over - but not until then. Shaq is still a force and a presence, Amare is beasting, Nash is still Nash, and the role players are still there. Nobody knows what can happen. Did anyone expect the Cavs to make it to the Finals the year before last? Did anyone predict that to happen?

Stawka, if Shaq retires then what team will you root for?

lakerboy
08-03-2008, 01:24 AM
Damn. I want a rematch with them next year!

LAKERMANIA
08-03-2008, 01:27 AM
No way.. no chance in hell they win the title

lakerfan4life1
08-03-2008, 01:36 AM
no way new system goin be hard to win it alll next season. i see them finish 6-8 and will be sent home early again by the lakers or hornets damn things change with 1 bad trade lol

stawka
08-03-2008, 01:38 AM
Stawka, if Shaq retires then what team will you root for?

If you're trying to be a smartass and referring to me as a bandwagoner - then quit while you're ahead. I'm from Australia and don't live in LA/Miami/Phoenix so technically, I don't have to stick to the team where I live. (I've been rooting for Shaq since his college days)

If you are being serious, then i'll probably root for the team Dwight or LeBron play on. They're my second and third favorite players.

*Superman*
08-03-2008, 01:55 AM
If you're trying to be a smartass and referring to me as a bandwagoner - then quit while you're ahead. I'm from Australia and don't live in LA/Miami/Phoenix so technically, I don't have to stick to the team where I live. (I've been rooting for Shaq since his college days)

If you are being serious, then i'll probably root for the team Dwight or LeBron play on. They're my second and third favorite players.

Join the Magic forum my brother.:D

PhxGiant
08-03-2008, 02:10 AM

Well put. :clap:

DQL
08-03-2008, 03:25 AM

that's a serious question

don't you like to rejoin Heat forum?

stawka
08-03-2008, 07:04 AM
I do go in the Heat forum regularly and give my opinions on certain things. I tried keeping away from it when I received some negative remarks about rooting for another team now.

JordansBulls
08-03-2008, 10:52 AM
Damn. I want a rematch with them next year!

I would like to see somone other than San Antonio play Phoenix.

MiamiHeat
08-03-2008, 11:15 AM
no probably a 1st round exit or a 2nd one

stevefrancis
08-03-2008, 11:16 AM
they could if they trade shaq for DIKEMBE MUTOMBO

daleja424
08-03-2008, 11:27 AM
sorry no... old men getting older... unless amare can go for 40/20 next year this team will not be a contender...

HiphopRelated
08-03-2008, 11:56 AM
They stand a chance of missing the playoffs.

If the West remains as competitive as last year..can they stay afloat when Shaq misses December and January to some mystery injury

conceptual23
08-03-2008, 03:55 PM
nope the west is a more competetive now. the suns had their chance 2-3 seasons ago. the only chance that the suns have at winning anything in the NBA would be to somehow move to the Eastern Conference

Antbanks21
08-03-2008, 04:20 PM
i don't think they have a chance to compete with the other Western powerhouses. Lakers, Rockets, Hornets are just simply too good.

HoopsMachine
08-03-2008, 04:38 PM
As long as Nash remains healthy and they can develop good team chemistry early on in the season... I don't see why they can't be considered as one of the favorites. The window is closing for sure but they can still compete for a Championship with this squad.

LkrLand
08-03-2008, 06:30 PM
I think it is a long shot for them to win it all. There are going to have to be major injuries on other teams in the West for them to have a chance. Still, they have a lot of talent, so anything is possible. Second reound KO.

sanfranfan1210
08-03-2008, 09:38 PM
NO i don't think so

JJ_JKidd
08-03-2008, 10:05 PM
Doubtful, highly doubtful. Youve got an ever improving Hornets, the WCF Champs Lakers, the Jazz and what knows of Portland and the Clips. Who knows also of the coach of theirs, yeah the new one. Phoenix had their best chance during Nash's 2-MVP runs. Just dont know what happened there.

Maybe Nash still has a chance,,,,,,, by joining the Celtics just like everyone else.

theimortalone
08-05-2008, 12:58 AM
they could if they trade shaq for DIKEMBE MUTOMBO

haha not funny man. Screw Dikembe. Is that a joke?

theimortalone
08-05-2008, 01:20 AM
Wow we have gottenalot of Phoenix Suns haters on this forum! How messed up is that? Does no one realize that phoenix was two games out of being the #1 seed?? They are contenders, and by adding M.Barnes its makes us even better. I mean yes we have a new coach, but do remember its not Mike D, the Dipshit that only played a 7 man rotation. We are now playing 10 players or more!! We will be a suprise out West!!

LakerzDQ
08-05-2008, 01:23 AM
not really. they are still a playoff team, but not a legit contender anymore.

LakerzDQ
08-05-2008, 01:43 AM
Doubtful, highly doubtful. Youve got an ever improving Hornets, the WCF Champs Lakers, the Jazz and what knows of Portland and the Clips. Who knows also of the coach of theirs, yeah the new one. Phoenix had their best chance during Nash's 2-MVP runs. Just dont know what happened there.

Maybe Nash still has a chance,,,,,,, by joining the Celtics just like everyone else.

or he can join the Lakers and be Kobe's waterboy.

DaddyCool
08-05-2008, 01:56 AM
Their contending days are over. The West is too tough and they're too old.

GunFactor187
08-05-2008, 02:04 AM
To tell you guys the truth I think PHX is one guard away from winning it all, because other than Barbosa and Nash I don't think that they have a truly deep backcourt. I think they really need to up the ante and start paying attention to the 2 position a lot more; with just Bell and LB10 in there I just really feel that isn't enough to really bolster that backcourt.

val_modus
08-05-2008, 02:30 AM
i honestly think their time has passed and there are simply other teams better than them talent wise at this point, and how will the new coach work out with this situation?

dick butane
08-11-2008, 06:30 AM
no.