PDA

View Full Version : Edgar Renteria

DetTigers
08-02-2008, 09:24 PM
Again doing terrible 0 for 4 today hes no good hes basically an automatic out every time at bat and is just as bad as a pitcher yet Leyland continues to play this guy what a waste im tired of seeing him play everyday we got ripped off so bad in that trade wow but what can you do. (Jair Jurrjens/Gorkys Hernandez)

bballguy869
08-02-2008, 11:52 PM
I agree, I'm getting really tired of seeing Renteria ground and strike out over and over again. It's gone too far when the few times he actually gets a basehit it draws laughter (I was calling people laughing when he got that bunt single the other day). Time to let Santiago take more innings.
Same thing for Sheff too, by the way. He needs to sit. No matter how many single game sparks he occasionally puts out there he can't keep his BA above .230. I'm tired of being embarrassed for him and the seizures that he calls his swing.

riotan89
08-03-2008, 01:07 AM
How long is Renteria signed through?

DetTigers
08-03-2008, 01:35 AM
he has an option at the end of the year if we pick it up im going to be pissed

DamusFucious777
08-03-2008, 10:56 AM
No sense speculating in what the Tigers will do with Edgar's team option - not until the season ends and we analyze his entire 2008 numbers.

We have other pressing needs this winter - like two starters, two relievers, deciding LF and DH - plus one more catcher.

Tragedy
08-03-2008, 11:58 AM
I mean, I thought his awful season in 2005 with the Red Sox was due to the fact that he couldn't take the Boston media/pressure.

Maybe he REALLY does just suck in the AL. Strange.

SticklerOfRules
08-03-2008, 02:08 PM
I agree, I'm getting really tired of seeing Renteria ground and strike out over and over again. It's gone too far when the few times he actually gets a basehit it draws laughter (I was calling people laughing when he got that bunt single the other day). Time to let Santiago take more innings.
Same thing for Sheff too, by the way. He needs to sit. No matter how many single game sparks he occasionally puts out there he can't keep his BA above .230. I'm tired of being embarrassed for him and the seizures that he calls his swing.

Shef is worse imo. At least Renteria tries and hits, Shef just goes up there to hit a homer. I want to kill him every time its a big situation and he just pops out from over swinging.

DetTigers
08-03-2008, 09:33 PM
they can find an internal option if we let him go for sure

braves95
08-03-2008, 11:56 PM
Send him back to atlanta he was a hell of a shortstop here. him and braves shortstop Yunel escobar worked out together in the offseason and his presence on the bench would be nice .and he is like a mentor to yunel and i heard he wanted to retire with the braves if the opprotunity presented itself.

Bondomania
08-04-2008, 10:44 AM
that would be a pretty expensive bench player at 12 mill next season..

LF next year will most likely go to Matt Joyce

DH can be handled with Jeff Larish

Immediatly that puts two more left handed bats in our lineup, plus Larish hit over .400 with runners on base.. something none of our current players know much of

Renteria should be benched.. instead Leyland keeps with this philosophy that you need to keep getting them playing time to get out of their funk.. NO screw that.. bench the over paid ******* and let him think about how pathetic he has been this year.. and not just for one game... let him sit on the bench for about a week or two and see if that does anything for him.. if not then it is time to cut him... i also like how he went through a two or three game stretch where he got a couple base hits and all the announcers thought he was coming out of it and he was ready to get his BA back up to a respectable number...

One Nut Kruk
08-06-2008, 11:19 PM
Leyland still honks on Renteria's junk because his single won him a World Series over a goddamn decade ago.

Santiago should be playing SS daily for the rest of the season but we won't see it.

Zoomlander
08-06-2008, 11:49 PM
Next years shortstop?

i am going with Orlando Cabrera

Bondomania
08-07-2008, 10:43 AM
i like how there were supposed to be changes coming after that sweep by the Rays... nothing has happened yet.. and we have gone on to lose the next two games.. time for some changes

stanpapi
08-07-2008, 06:17 PM
I swear the vets must have pictures of Jim choking a chicken or something. He says that, yet Renteria plays. And hey, I can't even fathom how they don't bail on this Sheff thing. I mean, maybe they release him, somebody picks him up and he hits .400 the rest of the way. But please, the guy is hitting .220-something and it's August, and I don't care why anymore. He can be hurt, struggling to find his timing, or just plain old. I was very much in favour of bringing him here, but come on. You can't be going with a DH hitting 220-something in August. Maybe we should start a pool. Pick the date when Jim actually changes the line-up and you win a couple tickets. Pick the date when Jim actually makes two changes and they'll let you pitch. This is an absolute sham what's going on. How can they justify playing these guys?

mark1125
08-07-2008, 07:02 PM
That Leyland may not last much longer. I see him bailing sooner than later. Call it a hunch.

Maybe it is for the best. He can take Renteria, Jones and Sheff with him.