PDA

View Full Version : Mike should undercut TT

lavell12
08-02-2008, 08:55 PM
I think its pretty obvious that Mike McCarthy wants Favre back as the starting QB and that TT's rift has gotten personal with Favre and that is why Favre is going to be the backup if he reports to training camp. I believe Mike should make a deal with Favre that he will be the starting QB. If Favre comes to camp then Mike can have him take snaps with the first string. If Mike does this TT won't do a damn thing. What would he do fire Mike over this? TT has no balls so Mike Do it.

Cubber
08-02-2008, 09:37 PM
I think its pretty obvious that Mike McCarthy wants Favre back as the starting QB and that TT's rift has gotten personal with Favre and that is why Favre is going to be the backup if he reports to training camp. I believe Mike should make a deal with Favre that he will be the starting QB. If Favre comes to camp then Mike can have him take snaps with the first string. If Mike does this TT won't do a damn thing. What would he do fire Mike over this? TT has no balls so Mike Do it.

This organization has enough problems and thus far the only thing that has actually stayed constant is the unity in voice of TT and McCarthy. This would only set back this team even further, I'm not sure how we can expect this roster to pull it together after dealing with so much crap. This is a terrible idea and would never happen. Even if McCarthy thinks this, he can't do it.........He should, however, announce publicly that TT in fact has no balls.

wwfd1220
08-02-2008, 09:49 PM
i agree in the fact that i think that mm wants favre in camp. and i also think that if favre came to camp that mm would eventually name him the starter. unfortunately, mm likes his job as head coach of the packers, and in no way would he ever undercut the sadass g.m. that runs the packers.

newdude
08-02-2008, 10:26 PM
Yeah, MM is not gonna risk his job. TT is taking more of the blame for this situation, so if somehow Rodgers start stinking, TT will be blame not MM. So he's trying to keep his job as long as he can.

RcrkllrH2
08-02-2008, 11:05 PM
long explanation short

i dont agree because i dont think mcarthy actually wants brett in camp

i think he and ted agree that the pack have moved on

hughest4
08-03-2008, 12:10 AM
Even if MM does want Favre back, i think he would rather have his job as the Packers Head Coach. Its a pretty stupid idea to go against what your GM wants and i do think TT has the "balls" to fire him. He is basically telling the best player in Green Bay Packers history that he can only be a backup for us so obviously he has some sort of "balls". Also if MM were to get fired it would hurt his chances to get another coaching job. Other GM's that are looking at him will remember that he has turned on one in the past.

XJW18
08-03-2008, 02:14 AM
long explanation short

i dont agree because i dont think mcarthy actually wants brett in camp

i think he and ted agree that the pack have moved on

i think Mike isnt gonna say anything...

A. he wants to keep his job
B. he wants to move on also, he likes playing the younger talent.

BrewCityBuck
08-03-2008, 01:45 PM
The head coach is supposed to work with what he gets. He can't just run around and do whatever he wants. To say Mike McCarthy should go against what Mark Murphy and Ted Thompson wants is just childish.

Brett Favre is not going to be our starting QB this season.

Get. Over. It.

Packerbacker
08-03-2008, 01:48 PM
The head coach is supposed to work with what he gets. He can't just run around and do whatever he wants. To say Mike McCarthy should go against what Mark Murphy and Ted Thompson wants is just childish.

Brett Favre is not going to be our starting QB this season.

Get. Over. It.

Work with what he gets yes, but if Brett is in camp then wouldn't that be someone that he would have. A coach can't start someone who's not on the team but he can start one qb over another.

newdude
08-03-2008, 01:52 PM
Work with what he gets yes, but if Brett is in camp then wouldn't that be someone that he would have. A coach can't start someone who's not on the team but he can start one qb over another.

Nice rebuttal:D

BrewCityBuck
08-03-2008, 02:00 PM

Brett Favre will be seperated from the rest of the camp and doing individuial drills. He won't be taking snaps in team settings, he's not going to start, Rodgers and other QB's are going to be getting all the snaps, McCarthy knows thats the way it's going to be, there's no sense in him turning all this on himself when there's really no point in doing it.

meandering
08-03-2008, 02:45 PM
I hope they put him on the pup list after failing him on his hip