PDA

View Full Version : Favre Update: Not Taking Packers Offer?

Brendan
08-02-2008, 03:16 PM
ESPN's Ed Werder reports Brett Favre is leaning against accepting the Packers $20 million "marketing" offer.

Favre is reportedly apprehensive about the deal because he knows he still wants to play football. Though Favre does not want to put his (former) teammates in a bad spot by creating a circus atmosphere, Werder believes it's possible that Favre will report to training camp.

ESPN

wwfd1220
08-02-2008, 03:19 PM
if he reports to camp. he will not leave , at least i dont think so. the best chance for you vikings fans, would be to get the trade done before he reports. i really dont think he wants to play anywhere but green bay, but who knows. maybe the vikes can get 1 or 2 good seasons out of him yet. would still be disappointing to see him anywhere but green bay

BrewCityBuck
08-02-2008, 03:22 PM
This makes things difficult. I really hope he sticks with the team and accepts the backup role. But he's made it clear he won't, so I guess we have little choice but to trade him. Which sucks, but what else can we do given the way management wants Rodgers playing? This is tough.

newdude
08-02-2008, 03:29 PM
This makes things difficult. I really hope he sticks with the team and accepts the backup role. But he's made it clear he won't, so I guess we have little choice but to trade him. Which sucks, but what else can we do given the way management wants Rodgers playing? This is tough.

I agree that we should see Rodgers play, but if he is good enough to start then let him compete with Favre, bcuz that is the situation where everyone (the players and fans) will likely come to a compromise on. The only ones who won't like that idea, is well u know.

But I'm happy that he won't accept the money if he really wants to play.

wwfd1220
the thread title is misleading for sure. also, if he is contemplating the offer this much. i have to think that he really does not want to be a viking. sounds more and more like it is packers or retirement

Brendan
if he reports to camp. he will not leave , at least i dont think so. the best chance for you vikings fans, would be to get the trade done before he reports. i really dont think he wants to play anywhere but green bay, but who knows. maybe the vikes can get 1 or 2 good seasons out of him yet. would still be disappointing to see him anywhere but green bay

I agree AND disagree. I think that if he shows up to training camp he can still leave. The packers can clearly release him right before the season. TT would have his head cut off if he ends Favre's consecutive game streak with him on the bench healthy. That wont happen.

I disagree that he just wants to play for Green Bay. Its obvious that he would like to play for Minny IF he cant play for GB, because he wants to play against GB. Not in a heated rivalry. Not to piss off Packers fans, he would just like to still be a part of GB and would find it exciting to play against them for one year on a farewell tour sorta....

If im the Vikings im holding tight and waiting for the release at this point...

Brendan
08-02-2008, 03:34 PM
How does this show he doesnt want to play for the Vikings? All this shows is that he really wants to play

wwfd1220
08-02-2008, 03:35 PM
I agree AND disagree. I think that if he shows up to training camp he can still leave. The packers can clearly release him right before the season. TT would have his head cut off if he ends Favre's consecutive game streak with him on the bench healthy. That wont happen.

I disagree that he just wants to play for Green Bay. Its obvious that he would like to play for Minny IF he cant play for GB, because he wants to play against GB. Not in a heated rivalry. Not to piss off Packers fans, he would just like to still be a part of GB and would find it exciting to play against them for one year on a farewell tour sorta....

If im the Vikings im holding tight and waiting for the release at this point...

lol, not so sure he would get a nice warm fuzzy welcome if he returns as a viking. and brett knows that i am sure. whatever, if he plays for the vikes than he plays for the vikes. it is the way of things i guess

wwfd1220
08-02-2008, 03:46 PM
there is more to this report. he may be threatening this for more compensation i guess. i am at the end of my rope over this whole thing.

Raiderpepe
08-02-2008, 05:36 PM
wtf....even my 4 year old says he's tired of this nonsence.... I'd rather hear about T.O. yeah it's that bad. You all need to have Aaron start and get on with your playoff run!

iam brett favre
08-02-2008, 10:06 PM
It would make things every interesting if he shows up at pack camp.. i'd rather him stay retired then go play somewhere else though.

hughest4
08-02-2008, 11:58 PM
Well good for him i guess. Him not taking this offer definitely makes things a little bit more complicated but i can't blame him for wanting to play. Someone mentioned earlier that "TT would have his head cut off if he ends Favre's consecutive game streak with him on the bench healthy. That wont happen." I think this very well could happen. TT has already shown that he is willing to do whatever he wants so i wouldn't be surprised to see Favre riding the bench week 1

newdude
08-03-2008, 12:28 AM
Well good for him i guess. Him not taking this offer definitely makes things a little bit more complicated but i can't blame him for wanting to play. Someone mentioned earlier that "TT would have his head cut off if he ends Favre's consecutive game streak with him on the bench healthy. That wont happen." I think this very well could happen. TT has already shown that he is willing to do whatever he wants so i wouldn't be surprised to see Favre riding the bench week 1

That's just so wrong though, that streak was made by playing through pain and injuries for 16 seasons, and it might end on this dumb thing:mad: I would be speechless on opening day if that were to occur. :sad2:

meandering
08-03-2008, 12:37 AM
2 days ago it was reported he would take the money. Because he didnt want to hurt anyone, and it may be the best resolution.

Today he is leaning towards not taking it.

Is anyone here really suprised? This is the very **** we are talking about.........do you want to play or not dumbass?

Newstations are getting ratings, reporters are tripping over each other to break a story.......Brett is now taking a crap!

And I have to believe Brett is loving EVERY minute of it! He and the Vikings deserve each other

newdude
08-03-2008, 12:55 AM
WTH r u talking about? Ppl keep reporting different things. Now Adam Schefter is reporting he is thinking about accepting it. It's the media reporting it not Favre, so take a chill pill. And he can't do anything right now anyway, Goodell has yet to reinstate him, so chill dude.

wissportsfan
08-03-2008, 02:18 AM
I hope Roger Goodell finds the tampering charges put against the Vikings and not allow Favre to go to them. That would mean Favres hopes of playing with them would be crushed. I really have not liked the attitude Favre has taken throughout this whole thing.

wwfd1220
08-03-2008, 05:31 PM
^^^ then do as i do. if you dont like the post. dont reply to it ! simple as that.