PDA

View Full Version : Al Davis talked Raiders WR Walker out of retiring

Doc Fluty
08-02-2008, 03:00 PM
Oakland Raiders receiver Javon Walker, struggling with his performance during training camp, told the team Thursday he intended to retire and offered to return his $11 million signing bonus.

According to a source, Raiders owner Al Davis persuaded Walker to remain with the team.

Walker signed a six-year, $55 million deal with Oakland in the offseason after a trying 2007 marked by knee injury.

Walker also was reportedly abducted, beaten and robbed near the Las Vegas Strip in June.

According to police, Walker was found unconscious on a side street shortly after dawn June 16.

He was hospitalized for two days with facial injuries and a concussion and told investigators that about $3,000 in cash and $100,000 worth of jewelry were taken.

Police released a grainy surveillance videotape June 24, identifying a man in it as a second suspect after the arrest of a first suspect.

In 72 career games during six seasons with the Packers and Broncos, Walker has 252 receptions for 3,815 yards and 30 touchdowns.

goes to show you that Jesus really does hate the raiders...

FKNRUEHH925
08-02-2008, 03:50 PM
hahahahaha:rock::up::worthy::silly::bow::dance:

touchdown bowe
08-02-2008, 04:46 PM
lol..he might as well retire cuz its not like the team is going anywhere in the near future.

jonesy1524
08-02-2008, 06:44 PM
lol..he might as well retire cuz its not like the team is going anywhere in the near future.

as much as i hate to say it... d mac is supposedly lookin pretty good. hopefully hes no adiran peterson.

Kcfanbaby212*
08-02-2008, 08:54 PM
well he certainly doesnt have AP line, and he doesnt run like AP

KiLLA RAiDER
08-02-2008, 10:14 PM

Haha better chance of going somewhere than your chiefs buddy!!;):o:p

touchdown bowe
08-03-2008, 02:49 AM
Haha better chance of going somewhere than your chiefs buddy!!;):o:p

Rite..your team has been spinnin in circles since the Bucs whooped ur a s s.

touchdown bowe
08-03-2008, 02:51 AM
as much as i hate to say it... d mac is supposedly lookin pretty good. hopefully hes no adiran peterson.

D Mac looking good? Possibly because the Raiders have a horrible run D?

rhensley3
08-03-2008, 12:28 PM
is this an "i hate the raiders because...." thread?

redross006
08-03-2008, 01:43 PM
As much as I hate to say it the raiders sre gonna be at least 2 maybe three games better than the chiefs this year and will win 1 maybe both games against us this year. The chiefs will be last in the afc west if not the entire NFL. I love the chiefs but I call' em like I see' em.

touchdown bowe
08-03-2008, 04:47 PM
If you would read the posts Big Ratt has been posting you wouldnt be sayin that. The chiefs look very impressive in my eyes. I even think we could actually be the 2nd best team in the AFC west this year even with the growth of our rookies and young players.

kcchiefs_82
08-03-2008, 05:19 PM
Dude, I would love to be the 2nd best team in the West but comon. The raiders have got tallent but just for this year so that wont last long but still this year. The Broncos are getting better and the Chargers could get to the super bowl this year. I hope im wrong but we just have to be pacient and our time will come.

RustShack
08-03-2008, 05:27 PM
If you would read the posts Big Ratt has been posting you wouldnt be sayin that. The chiefs look very impressive in my eyes. I even think we could actually be the 2nd best team in the AFC west this year even with the growth of our rookies and young players.

You mean the articals written by Chiefs fans about a freaking practice?

kcchiefs_82
08-03-2008, 06:39 PM

lol good point.

Kcfanbaby212*
08-03-2008, 07:39 PM
Redross, "you callem like you see it", but truth be told, your only looking at a piece of paper with the names written on their, and has the height and weight of them. Have you honestly watched any of the players play? Doubt it. You supposedly are a lifelong chiefs fan, however, nothing posotive has came out since youve began posting. Now im not sure, but I think their was some good out of this draft?! Call me Crazy!!

Thearchitect33
08-03-2008, 07:48 PM
I agree fanbaby. I don't want to make outlandish predictions on this thread (I would have preferred to avoid them all together, but I made a huge a s s out of myself while picking wins and losses for us on another thread) but I don't see this season being anywhere near as bad as last season unless there are tons of injuries or some guys completely fall off. I don't see the Raiders being 2 or 3 games better than anyone. They will take up their usual spot in the basement of the AFC West and the AFC as a whole and stay there. The Chiefs will be respectable, not great, but respectable, which is on pace for reasonable expectations in the first year of a rebuilding process.

kcchiefs_82
08-03-2008, 09:26 PM
Ya I dont like the prediction thing it causes lots of trouble with ppl arguing and bickering for no reason. I think that anyone can win any game. This is the NFL. everyone is a pro.

kcchiefs_82
08-03-2008, 09:29 PM
I think that every pick was a good pick we drafted best player available in every round and on every pick thats why we have Dorsey and Cottam. Players we didnt rele need but got them cause they were available where they probably shouldnt be.

Thearchitect33
08-03-2008, 11:02 PM
I actually think they drafted pretty well for need this year. Dorsey was definitely a need. All of our D-tackles last year were either guys who had never been that great or guys who looked like they never would be. You need a guy in the middle that's good against the run who can push interior linemen into the quarterbacks lap to keep him from just stepping up into the pocket to avoid the pass rush from the edge. Cottam is a replacement for Dunn who was essential as an extra run blocker in those years where Priest and Larry ran all over everyone. Not to mention that we needed another good tight end to serve as a receiving threat in Gailey's new offense which will feature a lot of two tight end sets.

touchdown bowe
08-04-2008, 01:07 AM

uhh..ya..