PDA

View Full Version : Boozer Hasn't Forgotten Bronze

phlp_bj
08-02-2008, 11:21 AM
Jazz forward Carlos Boozer hasn't forgotten the bronze medal he took home with the U.S. Olympic team in 2004, according to The Deseret News.

"At first, it was disappointment," said Boozer. "Now that we're here, it's a distant memory."

Boozer is one of four players the others being LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony and Dwyane Wade who were part of the 2004 squad that went 5-3 in Athens four years ago.

"We're learning from it," Boozer said. "The guys that were on that team we take that pain that we felt when we came back home with bronze. We know exactly what's at stake."

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,5143,700247818,00.html

_Sn1P3r_
08-02-2008, 12:15 PM
That should put a lot of drive and determination into those players to get the gold this time. Can't wait for Olympics to start.

PhillyLuver
08-02-2008, 12:23 PM
Ditto, I think they'll be dominant this year

Crunchy12489
08-02-2008, 12:47 PM
If anyone was watching the Lithuania and USA game, I felt as if our perimeter defense cut some slack for a bit.

That type of mentality won't cut it in the olympics because people across the globe take it much more seriously than the NBA Finals. Coach K can't let lackluster D slide for one second.

He's a very intelligent coach, so I'm sure he stressed that after yesterday morning's game.

SAVAGE CLAW
08-02-2008, 11:51 PM
They MUST win , that is a huge load of pressure they are also killing every rival now and did so in last years qualifiers, that may be a handicap when they have to close a game in the last minutes.

cmellofan15
08-02-2008, 11:54 PM
I think Kidd should get alot of PT since he is the veteran. I think he could bring some chemistry to the team and keep it all balanced out there.

avsman05
08-03-2008, 12:12 AM
If anyone was watching the Lithuania and USA game, I felt as if our perimeter defense cut some slack for a bit.

That type of mentality won't cut it in the olympics because people across the globe take it much more seriously than the NBA Finals. Coach K can't let lackluster D slide for one second.

He's a very intelligent coach, so I'm sure he stressed that after yesterday morning's game.

Yah that was weird the only thing that i can think of is that they play them in the "playoffs" they dont want them to have even more to play for.