PDA

View Full Version : Birdman

nuggetfan101
08-02-2008, 01:29 AM
What do you guys think of the bird

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-02-2008, 01:39 AM
This is off-topic if you just want to talk about historical players that don't play for the Nuggets please revert to the NBA general forum.

DenButsu
08-02-2008, 02:20 AM
CHief, he's talking about Chris Andersen who signed a minimum contract with the Nuggets as a free agent a few weeks ago, and goes by the nickname "The Birdman".

And what do I think of him? Well, if he's actually going to be in good condition and can return to a comparable level of athleticism to where he was at when he was healthy and drug-free, then I'd say he's probably the best minimum salary player we could possibly have gotten as a replacement for Camby. But that said, he's a bench player, not a starter, so Nene sure as hell better find a way to be healthy next season. We don't want to find out what the Birdman playing for 30 minutes looks like.

But in 10-15, he can do a lot of energy/hustle stuff off the bench, get a few dunks in, grab a few boards and maybe get a block or two. It's a good signing, as long as we don't need to rely on him too much.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-02-2008, 04:14 AM
Yea i agree with wat ever Den said.

Crunchy12489
08-02-2008, 04:37 AM
CHief, he's talking about Chris Andersen who signed a minimum contract with the Nuggets as a free agent a few weeks ago, and goes by the nickname "The Birdman".

And what do I think of him? Well, if he's actually going to be in good condition and can return to a comparable level of athleticism to where he was at when he was healthy and drug-free, then I'd say he's probably the best minimum salary player we could possibly have gotten as a replacement for Camby. But that said, he's a bench player, not a starter, so Nene sure as hell better find a way to be healthy next season. We don't want to find out what the Birdman playing for 30 minutes looks like.

But in 10-15, he can do a lot of energy/hustle stuff off the bench, get a few dunks in, grab a few boards and maybe get a block or two. It's a good signing, as long as we don't need to rely on him too much.

Nene better find a way to get more healthy... If he shows up to camp fat we are in for another season of let-downs and under-achievements.

Yahoo Sports NBA Fantasy section said expect to see Steven Hunter get some big minutes along with Nene. Steven Hunter replied, "I have to be prepared. I will try to fill Marcus Camby's gap as best as I can."

Birdman says he runs 8-10 flights of stairs every day for a certain amount of time (I forgot). He also said he hits the gym to work on his game 4-6 hours a day.

I think Birdman is prepared. The guy is getting in shape for next season. I think Steven Hunter will be GREAT, yes I said it, GREAT off of the bench. I mean, I remember one game he had 2 blocks, 4 rebounds, 4 points (i think), along with an assist in under 8 or 10 minutes... That's ****ing amazing.

DenButsu
08-02-2008, 05:06 AM
Birdman says he runs 8-10 flights of stairs every day for a certain amount of time (I forgot). He also said he hits the gym to work on his game 4-6 hours a day.

eman, another poster here, said he saw him up at Red Rocks running up and down stairs or something. Hell, last time I was there I got exhausted just climbing up to go to the damn bathroom. :laugh2:

Crunchy12489
08-02-2008, 05:39 AM
eman, another poster here, said he saw him up at Red Rocks running up and down stairs or something. Hell, last time I was there I got exhausted just climbing up to go to the damn bathroom. :laugh2:

lol well atleast we know what kind of shape Birdman is in

C-Dub
08-02-2008, 10:16 AM
i have no idea what you guys are tallking about haha

DenButsu
08-02-2008, 11:39 AM
i have no idea what you guys are tallking about haha

Running up and down THIS (http://bizzlebros.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/red-rocks-amphitheatre1.jpg).

Crunchy12489
08-02-2008, 12:34 PM
Running up and down THIS (http://bizzlebros.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/red-rocks-amphitheatre1.jpg).

Good lord I didn't know it was that big.

Before I run up and down those things, I would have to have paramedics standing by :laugh:

C-Dub
08-02-2008, 12:40 PM
holy crap, that thing is huge, i might be able to get to the top, but i would have to role down!

DenButsu
08-02-2008, 01:20 PM
Easily the best place to see a concert, anywhere. Last show I saw there was the Allman Brothers (http://dtbsetlists.com/abb/ABB_REDRKS.jpg) a few years ago. Don't make it back to CO often these days, though.

jeff86
08-02-2008, 02:16 PM
ive had sex there lol just to let you guys know

red rocks is awesome

O and i love the birdman. I just cant get the dunk contest where he couldnt make dunk

avsman05
08-02-2008, 10:11 PM
Easily the best place to see a concert, anywhere. Last show I saw there was the Allman Brothers (http://dtbsetlists.com/abb/ABB_REDRKS.jpg) a few years ago. Don't make it back to CO often these days, though.

Hands down the best place to do laps if you want to get in shape what is it like 10k feet above sealevel? Last concert I saw there was Mountain Jam a couple years back with 50 cent korn and doors of the 21st century. that was an awesome concert but a very odd lineup.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-03-2008, 01:21 AM

Oh my bad.. :hide::hide::o

DenButsu
08-03-2008, 09:11 AM
Oh my bad.. :hide::hide::o

:laugh2: No worries. In the NBA, Andersen may be known as the "Birdman", but there's only one "Bird". Hell, who else has a rule named after them? Nobody, that's who. :cool: