PDA

View Full Version : What seed will the Cavaliers be next season?

Shieldsz
08-01-2008, 10:57 PM
?

I have to say 5 or 6th with the current lineup. There are majorly needed pieces that expirings can help lure in.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-01-2008, 11:00 PM
?

I have to say 5 or 6th with the current lineup. There are majorly needed pieces that expirings can help lure in.

I think top four mainly because I think we will make that impact move during the season. If we are a 5 or 6th seed with just leBron and the current lineup I think we only would be better if we improve on that.

Rockets Fanatic
08-02-2008, 01:40 AM

pacers
08-02-2008, 08:44 AM
I'm going out on a limb here and saying #5.

Cavs_Fan24
08-02-2008, 09:33 AM
i think the highest we could get is maybe 3, if we make a deal. but with our current lineup i'd have to say maybe 4-5

Sbank
08-03-2008, 09:40 PM
I have to say 4th since last year. I think since we have won't contracts hold outs. I don't think LeBron would be hurt nine games when we lost all nine games he didn't play last year.

IndiansFan337
08-04-2008, 04:23 PM
Probably 4th again. I don't think we are going to have a better regular season record than any of the 3 teams who finished ahead of us last season, but I also don't think any of the others teams have passed us either.

KnickVeteran
08-05-2008, 03:26 PM
I have to agree...Philly improved dramatically and so did Toronto if JO knee is ok. Don't count out Miami, Milwuakee has a better squad. You guys are two moves away from actually being definite players in the finals. I know management probably wont do it, but I think it's time to get rid of Big Z. You guys need a PG and inside presence. The bench need help too.

Sbank
08-05-2008, 04:36 PM
I have to agree...Philly improved dramatically and so did Toronto if JO knee is ok. Don't count out Miami, Milwuakee has a better squad. You guys are two moves away from actually being definite players in the finals. I know management probably wont do it, but I think it's time to get rid of Big Z. You guys need a PG and inside presence. The bench need help too.

Z is in inside presents and on of the last true Center in the game. We have JJ Hickson who in the summer league showed he can be inside present like Gooden was before we traded him last year. If we trade Z we make us much weaker at center and we won't have inside presents.
I think we one move away from getting to the finals. West not a bad point guard but we could try to upgrade there and and need to update shooting guard. Wally and AV could land us a good shooting guard or super star we need to have a better chance on making a strong team now and the playoff run.

AMC31
08-05-2008, 05:44 PM
Probably 4 again, but if Detroit makes a trade then i think we have a shot at the 2 seed, but its a little early to tell.

NYKnickFanatic
08-06-2008, 02:44 PM
It doesnt matter what seed they get, as long as they get one.

If you have Lebron James, you can win every game you play.

He is just too good.

I love him.

Hope the Knicks get him.

I wanted the Cavs to win it all last year.

Damn Celtics.:mad:

Well, if the Knicks arent in the playoffs next year, I hope the Cavs win it all. :D

They are just missing one or two pieces.

And JR Smith would be a lovely addition.

lakerfan1
08-06-2008, 05:13 PM
I would Say 4 or 5 unless the cavs get some help for lebron. You allways have a chance with lebron though.

IndiansFan337
08-07-2008, 10:32 AM
I would Say 4 or 5 unless the cavs get some help for lebron. You allways have a chance with lebron though.

Exactly. That's why I think we can hang with anyone in a 7 game series in the playoffs, but I certainly don't expect us to earn the #1 seed during the regular season.

krazylegz
08-14-2008, 01:01 AM
with mo will....id say 3rd seed

bELIeve in Eli
08-14-2008, 03:06 AM
How is Mo any different from Larry Hughes?....?

Buckwheat
08-14-2008, 06:47 AM

Can't be serious

IndiansFan337
08-14-2008, 09:43 AM

He can shoot, and shoot well.

Hughes couldn't shoot a lick.

Williams is money from the FT line, as well as the 3 point stripe. Hughes was mediocre at FT's & bad at 3's. Williams is worse defensively, but is stronger.

bELIeve in Eli
08-14-2008, 01:54 PM
They still both came in with the same goal and thats to relieve some of the scoring off James. I don't think Mo will be able to do that

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-14-2008, 02:20 PM

He actually is a pure scorer while Hughes to say the least was a average scorer, and a good defender.

Hughes was a product of the Wizards system, while Williams is the product of himself. he even could be better then he was with the Bucks.Some factors oon why:

-Playing on a losing team isn't much inspiration.
-He played with Redd, a guy who demanded a lot of touches, he didn't pass much and he shot A Lot.
-LeBron can make him better, just like he makes the Cavs better.

I expect his assists to go up 2, and his points up around 18-22ppg.

Zefflin
08-14-2008, 02:24 PM
18ppg/6apg ain't to shabby. What's there line up now?

Mo
Sasha
Lebron
Big Ben
Big Z

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-14-2008, 02:45 PM
They still both came in with the same goal and thats to relieve some of the scoring off James. I don't think Mo will be able to do that

Why do you think that please share?

Your point one how they both came in with the same goal, well wouldn't that be the case if we got anyone good in the league? (Kobe, D-wade i am not saying we are getting them just the fact that your statement is so vague and only works for Larry Hughes)

monster_mash
08-14-2008, 06:58 PM
The only good thing about Hughes is that he is honest....Mr. I dont care about rings, I care about money and playing time....I'll give u a difference between mo and larry. The other team will actually have to guard mo if he takes a jumper...when larry takes one the guy guarding him either runs to the basket for a rebound or runs to the other end of the court for some cherry picking layups. No need to put a hand in his face.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
08-14-2008, 08:18 PM
from 3-6

Sbank
08-14-2008, 09:01 PM
I would say our seed we be 4th like last year but we have a shoot for 3rd though. If we pull off another deal that makes us better then we are it could be 3rd.

IndiansFan337
08-15-2008, 01:16 PM
I expect his assists to go up 2, and his points up around 18-22ppg.

I don't think it is realistic at all for his apg to go up. He will be doing much less ballhandling with the Cavs than he did in Milwaukee. And he's on a worse offensive team, therefore it will be harder to get teammates to register an assist for him.

I doubt his ppg will go up either, but the reason for that will be that his shots per game total will decrease because the Cavs slow the game down a lot & like to break team's down with 1 on 1 dribble penetration, typically with LeBron & hopefully now some with Williams.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-15-2008, 01:21 PM
I don't think it is realistic at all for his apg to go up. He will be doing much less ballhandling with the Cavs than he did in Milwaukee. And he's on a worse offensive team, therefore it will be harder to get teammates to register an assist for him.

I doubt his ppg will go up either, but the reason for that will be that his shots per game total will decrease because the Cavs slow the game down a lot & like to break team's down with 1 on 1 dribble penetration, typically with LeBron & hopefully now some with Williams.

I was watching some highlight on him and I noticed he passes on the break instead of taking the easy bucket, so that is why I thought maybe he would increase in Apg. Another reason being LeBron is a better scorer then Redd so maybe he will connect with him more then he did with Redd.

I think he could average 20ppg, I think Brown will allow him to do his thing for the most part on offense, instead of trying to change him. In that case I think he will see better looks and could increase to 18ppg-20ppg.