PDA

View Full Version : Our Team

DetTigers
08-01-2008, 10:50 PM
Im sick and tired of us going one step forward and two steps back. This team has no chemistry what so ever. Our pitching is terrible and needs to be changed we walk so many people. Renteria why the hell is he still playing I rather see Hollimon playing or some other young guy. Thames he strikes out 4 times a game thats really helping us. Sheff is washed up from all the injuries I rather we use Larish at the DH spot then waste our time and at bats with him. Thames can get replaced and sat on the bench for a while I wouldnt mind. Robertson? are you kidding me....get outta here. We need more speed on this team and we need to get the chemistry back and balance this team out. Let some young guys get a chance cant be worse than the guys I mentioned above. I would love to see us spot start Porcello a little bit like we once did with Verlander let him get a feel for the bigs. Ryan Perry call him up in September and pitch him out of the pen and even let him get some save chances. We need some major changes and we need to get younger. Oh yea and Dane Sardinha? WTF give someone else a chance to backup like Dusty Ryan

slack_justin
08-02-2008, 01:39 AM
well heres how i see it, sheff sucks and i way overpaid, thames should be the DH , joyce should start in left field, if we can get something for renteria let him go and have santiago start, but if not keep renteria, also sardinha sucks get rid of him off of not only the tigers but all of our minor league teams.i could do as goos as him as a backup .hes horrible might as well be in the national league and let our pitcher bat

JackB
08-03-2008, 08:59 AM
Yup guess thats the answer.:confused:

scottie
08-03-2008, 05:20 PM
I'm calling out everyone who posts on this that Todd Jones was not our best option. the rest of the bullpen has done Really bad (with the exception of Seay). I'm not first in line for the Todd Jones fan club, but Right now i would take a 18 out of 21 save guy, who you guys trashed, over Zumaya, Rodney, farnsworth, Seay, Dolsi, Fossom...ect. You guys really need to eat your words on Jones. He was, and is the best we have. I wish it was better, but it aint. By the way Rodney just blew the save with a walk, and the lead with a base hit to crawford. Nice!

~Troy
08-03-2008, 09:08 PM
I wish it was better, but it aint. By the way Rodney just blew the save with a walk, and the lead with a base hit to crawford. Nice!

Only difference is that Jones would've done that with a home run instead of a walk. :rolleyes:

stanpapi
08-03-2008, 11:17 PM
You can argue that Jones was our best option, fair enough. But if that's the best we can come up with, sorry, but you can't be a closer and have an ERA of 5-plus. Worse, he's a bad fielder, and a guy with an ERA of 5-plus can't afford to be a bad fielder. Like, I'm sure there will be an MLB job for Jones next year somewhere if he wants it, but he's not the guy you win with. Maybe we don't have that guy, but it ain't Jones.

Bondomania
08-04-2008, 10:37 AM
agreed.. we put together this "mega offense" and then we decided to neglect the bullpen and put it together with spare parts and career journy-men.. worst idea ever.. seriously, i will give you this scottie.. at the beginning of the year Jones was our best option, but given the 2 week stretch he was going through, he was no longer our best option.. you can say that he only blew 3 chances, blah blah blah.. but all three of those chances came over the past two weeks.. he was coming in and guys were hitting the ball where our defenders weren't, and considering that is the opposite of what Todd Jones needs, he struggled.. plain and simple..