PDA

View Full Version : favourite Jazz moments of 07/08

jimbobjarree
08-01-2008, 10:06 PM
With so much trade talk, and people worried about our future I thought this is a great chance to realise how great our team really is, and the great plays they have made over the last season and to share our favorite moments the Jazz have given us last season. O my god still 3 months til the next one...

I was gunna do of all time, but there were so many I couldnt decide, and I've only been a fan for 2 seasons! There were Deron's dunks, Prices block, AK game winning block, D Will's coast to coast game winner, Okur hitting every 3 he took against the Nuggets, beating the champs on their homefloor and a huge comeback against the Pistons and a handful of triple doubles.

so many great memories from the last season, but for me Memo's offensive board against the Rockets was the biggest, it was at about 5am in the morning, I'd been up all night exited about the game like I always am, and the game was slipping further and further away, and then Deron of all people choked at the line, but big Memo was there to grab the board and netted the biggest clutch free throws of his career, and who better than to do it against the Rockets

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-02-2008, 04:40 AM
"With so much trade talk, and people worried about our future I thought this is a great chance to realise how great our team really is, and the great plays they have made over the last season and to share our favorite moments the Jazz have given us last season."

I little arogant?

Why are all tha Jazz fans I meet like this?
I'm a Nuggets fan, but, you don't see or hear me running around saying "the nuggets are so awesome, and have tha most awesome players!" Lol... I met some Jazz fans who aren't like this though.

But my favorite Jazz moment? Uhmm... Probbley when DWill shook tha breaks offa Kirk Hinrich. And oh yes, I remember when Okur drained like 46 3-pointers against Denver. I remember it like it was yesterday actually.

JAZZNC
08-02-2008, 08:40 AM
"With so much trade talk, and people worried about our future I thought this is a great chance to realise how great our team really is, and the great plays they have made over the last season and to share our favorite moments the Jazz have given us last season."

I little arogant?

I'm a Nuggets fan, but, you don't see or hear me running around saying "the nuggets are so awesome, and have tha most awesome players!" Lol... I met some Jazz fans who aren't like this though.

But my favorite Jazz moment? Uhmm... Probbley when DWill shook tha breaks offa Kirk Hinrich. And oh yes, I remember when Okur drained like 46 3-pointers against Denver. I remember it like it was yesterday actually.

Well that's b/c the Nuggets aren't awesome nor do they have the most awesome players:D

jimbobjarree
08-02-2008, 10:37 AM
I little arogant?

yesss, good stuff man, my mates a Nuggets fan and he's been away, now I have a chance to let out my frustration of not being able to bash him. The Nuggets aren't awesome, thats why you dont run around saying that, they're a load of old average players on fat contracts- a little like the Knicks, while the younger players have no clue how to play defense. Your whole team seems to be obsessed with point scoring, and now Camby has gone that really is all you've got. I think your team is soooo good, they are all on the market, trying to be flogged for the option of swapping seconds or whatever you like doing.

I wasn't being big headed, its just that everyones bashing our one players in the trade idea threads and I thought I'd bring back some good memories of those players.

and memo's 3s were just the best

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-02-2008, 03:57 PM
yeah but I have a few buddies that are Celtic fans, and i NEVER heard them running around hootin and hollerin about how great and awesome there team is... and they have more of a right too than tha jazz.

I understand you gotta cheer for your team and all, but damn be realistic. thats all I ask.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-02-2008, 03:59 PM
...And please don't EVER compare tha Nuggets to tha Knicks.

jimbobjarree
08-02-2008, 04:01 PM
I didnt mean it in that way, everyone was puttin our own team down, and I wanted them all to remember how good our team is, and all the players they have been wanting to trade, thats all mate, I'm not being big headed or anything, your thinking of Laker fans not us Jazz.

and we can cus we destroyed the Celtics in their own building!!

jimbobjarree
08-02-2008, 04:01 PM
...And please don't EVER compare tha Nuggets to tha Knicks.

lol yeah, nobody deserves that accusation, I'm sorry

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-02-2008, 04:06 PM
Yeah, I think tha Jazz have earned there respect over the course of the last two seasons. I live in SLC, so I know all about tha "Typical Jazz Fan" lol... and i was sittin in the second row at ESA with my AI jersey on when Okur was going nuts. lol.

futureman
08-02-2008, 06:51 PM
When he postered chris kaman.

bw2893
08-03-2008, 09:50 AM
"yeah but I have a few buddies that are Celtic fans, and i NEVER heard them running around hootin and hollerin about how great and awesome there team is... and they have more of a right too than tha jazz.

I understand you gotta cheer for your team and all, but damn be realistic. thats all I ask."

So because you have a few buddies who are celtics fans that don't say how great their team is (which I don't believe for a second), then that means no celtics fans or any fans for any team don't ever talk about how great their team is? A rediculous generalization.

I understand where you're coming from though. Maybe in 10 or 20 years when the Nuggets actually do something productive, instead of getting swept out of the first round, then maybe you'll have enough pride to talk about how good your team is. You take offense pretty easy to people having pride in their team don't you? Well, being a nuggets fan, it's easy to see why you're that way.

And the nuggets and knicks?.... well I guess there were a few wins difference between the two teams last season, but for a team that has two superstars on it with AI and CA, that's pretty sad that that is the only difference between the two teams.

I don't mean to be so aggressive, but you need to just relax when fans are making posts about how cool they think their teams are.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-03-2008, 06:55 PM
haha I'm not saying that there ISNT any unrealistic celtic fans out there. yea tha celts have more of a right to brag than Jazz fans and if you disagree... then there we go again on tha unrealistic jazz fan.

Why are you talkin now? tha jazz just started winning 2 years ago, so there isnt much room for you to talk either. so the jazz of two years ago overacheived. and last year were put in there place.
The only difference between the knicks and nuggets is a few wins?? u know the jazz only won 4 more games than the nuggets last year so i guess its ok to say the only difference between the jazz and knicks is a few wins?

I don't brag about tha Nuggets because they obviously underacheive, but also because im realistic, i dont run around Salt Lake scream that matt harpring and Millsap and CJ miles and Jason hart are all beasts and theyre all future all-stars. its flat out ridiculous.

on sports radio.. in december i was listening to jazz fans call in and say "Fire Sloan!!" the games past him up" this, that and the third... love them or hate em i guess.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-03-2008, 06:59 PM
The nuggets dont have all tha "awesome players" and neither do tha jazz.

The nuggets wont win tha championship next year and neither will the jazz. so i guess we stand on even ground now.