PDA

View Full Version : Lebron is the best player in the league hands down.

worldbfree
08-01-2008, 07:05 PM
The guy took a sorry team to the finals and took the loaded Celtics 7 games with no help at all.

phlp_bj
08-01-2008, 07:14 PM
wats the point of this thread again?

Goon.Weezy
08-01-2008, 07:15 PM
The guy took a sorry team to the finals and took the loaded Celtics 7 games with no help at all.

atlanta also took the celtics to game 7 too...and they got no one execpt for joe johnson smith... and bibby........and they are nothin compared to james

ARMIN12NBA
08-01-2008, 07:17 PM
What's the point of this thread? Also, hands down? I think Chris Paul and Kobe Bryant have some say in the argument especially since Lebron has NO midrange or three point game and is limited on the defensive end.

Master Mind
08-01-2008, 07:18 PM

I don't recall any of the Cavs games being 1 on 5, everyone has to contribute...It's not like he's scoring 81 points a night, other players do score...Don't get me wrong he's one of the top players in the league but there's no "I" in team...And he's not hands down the best in the league :eyebrow:

Master Mind
08-01-2008, 07:21 PM
atlanta also took the celtics to game 7 too...and they got no one execpt for joe johnson smith... and bibby........and they are nothin compared to james

Good point...

GspLAL
08-01-2008, 07:24 PM
I hate how people say Lebron has a scrub team, yeah they might not be good at scoring but defensively and overall matching up theyre very good.

Goon.Weezy
08-01-2008, 07:27 PM
LEBROn is NOTTTTTTTTT the best player in the LEAGUEE......KOBE is...start talkin when Lebron actually wins a MVP

Odumb
08-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Lebron >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kobe

DODGERS&LAKERS
08-01-2008, 07:31 PM

dwade3ai3. You agreeing with your self with a different user name. Grow up kid

Master Mind
08-01-2008, 07:32 PM

:laugh2:

Lebron<<<<Kobe
D-Wade>Lebron
Kobe>D-Wade

lakers4sho
08-01-2008, 07:38 PM
Again, another two thumbs up for ignorance :up:

mjt20mik
08-01-2008, 07:39 PM
Again, another two thumbs up for ignorance :up:

lmao. I have a feeling your going to be saying that alot today. There are like 10 threads that are just pointless.

daleja424
08-01-2008, 07:41 PM
:no::no::no:

cmellofan15
08-01-2008, 08:06 PM
wow its not like its him and Shaqs kids playing out there. He has a team of pros. ATL did the same thing anyway.

lakers4sho
08-01-2008, 08:13 PM
JB closed the other threads and not this one?? :eyebrow:

$KnicksAndKobe$
08-01-2008, 08:22 PM
Kobe is better ...
I wanna see Lebron take Kwame/Luke/Smush as his starters and get 45 wins in the WEST while taking the suns to 7 games.
Cough* 81 Cough*

cmellofan15
08-01-2008, 08:24 PM
Kobe is better ...
I wanna see Lebron take Kwame/Luke/Smush as his starters and get 45 wins in the WEST while taking the suns to 7 games.
Cough* 81 Cough*

Yea they didn't have a big man AT ALL but you forgot Odom. LeBron is more athletic and would beat him 1 on 1.

$KnicksAndKobe$
08-01-2008, 08:29 PM
Yea they didn't have a big man AT ALL but you forgot Odom. LeBron is more athletic and would beat him 1 on 1.

Odom sucked those years and was frequently injured.

Just because Lebrons dunks are loud does not meen he is more athletic then Kobe, Kobe and Wade are more athletic then lebron.

Kobe's ball handling and athleticism will destroy lebron in streetball.

Spurred1
08-01-2008, 08:31 PM
God, these threads _________is better than Kobe get really boring...If you're going to be an annoying persistent poster, at least get creative.

Hawkeye15
08-01-2008, 08:31 PM
LEBROn is NOTTTTTTTTT the best player in the LEAGUEE......KOBE is...start talkin when Lebron actually wins a MVP

You only win MVP if your team has one of the top 2-3 records. Hence why Dirk got it, Nash, etc. LeBron and Kobe are neck and neck the best players. One on one, LeBron would destroy him, but Kobe has vet moves to get to the line, a good midrange game, and is a better defender at this point. LeBron, when he gets a head of steam, can not be stopped by anyone in the universe. If you try to block his shot and he has a running start, you end up on some kids wall in a poster

Skins4Life
08-01-2008, 08:34 PM
a newbie made this thread... it figures :pity:

$KnicksAndKobe$
08-01-2008, 08:36 PM
You only win MVP if your team has one of the top 2-3 records. Hence why Dirk got it, Nash, etc. LeBron and Kobe are neck and neck the best players. One on one, LeBron would destroy him, but Kobe has vet moves to get to the line, a good midrange game, and is a better defender at this point. LeBron, when he gets a head of steam, can not be stopped by anyone in the universe. If you try to block his shot and he has a running start, you end up on some kids wall in a poster

If lebrons team is down by 20 against the Raptors, you will NEVER EVER see him score 50 in the 2nd half for 81.

titansmyarse
08-01-2008, 08:41 PM
pierce said he was the best soooooooooooo....uhhhh end of discusssion?

cmellofan15
08-01-2008, 08:43 PM
pierce said he was the best soooooooooooo....uhhhh end of discusssion?

EXACTLY

cmellofan15
08-01-2008, 08:46 PM
Odom sucked those years and was frequently injured.

Just because Lebrons dunks are loud does not meen he is more athletic then Kobe, Kobe and Wade are more athletic then lebron.

Kobe's ball handling and athleticism will destroy lebron in streetball.

REALLY? D Wade has already been injured and out for some of the season. LeBron is 6'8" and is quick, can pass, and can handle the ball. And Kobe will destroy LeBron in streetball? Wow, LeBron is a freak of nature he is HUGE and FAST and if he really felt like it he could just overpower him the whole time.

PS Im not a LeBron im just proving a point.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-01-2008, 09:08 PM
Honestly... I can't stand Kobe, but, I still think he's the best player in the league right now. 'Bron and CP are two of my favorite players so it's hard to go against my heart and go with what I know.

Think of it this way... 7 seconds left, who would you choose to take tha last shot?
A)Kobe
B)Bron

lakers4sho
08-01-2008, 09:14 PM
Honestly... I can't stand Kobe, but, I still think he's the best player in the league right now. 'Bron and CP are two of my favorite players so it's hard to go against my heart and go with what I know.

Think of it this way... 7 seconds left, who would you choose to take tha last shot?
A)Kobe
B)Bron

Kobe, he has a larger arsenal of shots so he is harder to defend. We all know that LeBron can only drive and he's a below average free throw shooter, so :shrug:

Hawkeye15
08-01-2008, 09:14 PM
If lebrons team is down by 20 against the Raptors, you will NEVER EVER see him score 50 in the 2nd half for 81.

agree to disagree. If I got first pick in the NBA current player draft lottery, LeBron is my guy. Its not like I think Kobe is no good. He is a top 30 player of all time. But LeBron is a once in a lifetime talent. In 2014, people won't even waste their time posting a thread like this, because LeBron will be the best player of all time barring injury. He is 23.

Kyben36
08-01-2008, 09:20 PM
huy, cant say you are correct. you need proff, show me some type of shinny metal object that is wraped around the finger. then u can talk.

Hawkeye15
08-01-2008, 09:20 PM
Kobe, he has a larger arsenal of shots so he is harder to defend. We all know that LeBron can only drive and he's a below average free throw shooter, so :shrug:

Thing is, when LeBron drives, its pretty much automatic. And his jumper gets better all the time. He is a better rebounder, passer, and is twice as strong. Kobe is in his prime, LeBron hasn't even scratched his yet. LeBrons stats are far superior to Kobes, even with minimal help on the offensive end.

MiamiHeat
08-01-2008, 09:27 PM
1.kobe
2.lebron
3.cp3
4.wade(when healthy)

madiaz3
08-01-2008, 09:29 PM
Thing is, when LeBron drives, its pretty much automatic. And his jumper gets better all the time. He is a better rebounder, passer, and is twice as strong. Kobe is in his prime, LeBron hasn't even scratched his yet. LeBrons stats are far superior to Kobes, even with minimal help on the offensive end.

Look at their stats again collectively and tell me if you want to use the phrase "far superior."

theuuord
08-01-2008, 09:52 PM
huy, cant say you are correct. you need proff, show me some type of shinny metal object that is wraped around the finger. then u can talk.

bruce bowen must be lightyears ahead of LeBron then.

LOL this argument is so flawed.

*Superman*
08-01-2008, 10:01 PM
Both are amazing players, but Kobe then LeBron.

fabian11593
08-01-2008, 10:21 PM
:laugh2:

Lebron<<<<Kobe
D-Wade>Lebron
Kobe>D-Wade

Wade is not better than James. Kobe is though, hands down.

HiphopRelated
08-01-2008, 10:35 PM
lol, so Kobe wasn't the best player before this year??

I like how guys keep moving the post

Er1c
08-01-2008, 11:00 PM

pointless. thats all i need to say

GspLAL
08-01-2008, 11:32 PM
Clearly basketball is about 1v1's right? That's such a stupid argument. People forget what kind of a "high flyer" Kobe was back in his young days, just like Lebron is now. Once you get to 28 29, you cant posterize everyone all the time, and another thing Kobe is smart with his body, he's not reckless, why do you think he's never out because of injuries for a long time? He knows how to avoid them, I remember a video of I think Rondo trying to hook his leg before an inbound and he slipped out of it.

GspLAL
08-01-2008, 11:34 PM

NBA is all about matchups home slice but I'm sure you knew that. Cavs and Atl match up way better than Lakers do, plus Cavs are a good defensive team which people dont pay attention to and just call them "scrubs"

lakers4sho
08-01-2008, 11:38 PM
Clearly basketball is about 1v1's right? That's such a stupid argument. People forget what kind of a "high flyer" Kobe was back in his young days, just like Lebron is now. Once you get to 28 29, you cant posterize everyone all the time, and another thing Kobe is smart with his body, he's not reckless, why do you think he's never out because of injuries for a long time? He knows how to avoid them, I remember a video of I think Rondo trying to hook his leg before an inbound and he slipped out of it.

I agree. As you get older, you tend to take more jumpshots rather than dunks because of the risk of injuries. Even Jordan was more of a jumpshooter late in his career.

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-01-2008, 11:45 PM
i think its kobe as the top player in the NBA then on i think its close race for second

GspLAL
08-01-2008, 11:51 PM
I agree. As you get older, you tend to take more jumpshots rather than dunks because of the risk of injuries. Even Jordan was more of a jumpshooter late in his career.

exactly

ee
08-01-2008, 11:53 PM
another thread that'll be locked.....

dark_angel#8
08-01-2008, 11:54 PM
I think It's a matter of time before they close this thread...lol...
"what's the point of this?".... It should be in the player comparison forum...lol...

BigSteve
08-02-2008, 12:18 AM
I can't stand Kobe, but the thought of someone arguing against him as the best player is ludicrous. Lebron is a nice player and his game has progressed well. That said, he is not a clutch player. The true great players take over when the game is on the line. If you watch Lebron James, at the end of the game he looks like he doesn't even want the ball. If there is 10 seconds left and I have to get a player to facilitate scoring on that possession, I can't even see putting Lebron top 10.

risingLAKERS
08-02-2008, 12:48 AM
How many times is a thread like this going to get regurgitated? Always starts the same then ends the same. I really do believe a minimum post count to start new threads needs to be implemented.

itsontheway.phx
08-02-2008, 01:23 AM
i am sure if you took a poll on this you would find that a majority of the nation would say it is kobe. i strongly strongly strongly dis agree please king james is not now but soon going to be the greatest player of all time. i think it was sir charles (another peace of royalty) that said there aint no one one man can guard me. that actualy aplies here and no, he aint no mike but mike would tell you that he in his prime couldnt do what labron can do. the power he has is unreal but until he wins a championship he is just the greatest player in the league today. just my thoughts.

cmellofan15
08-02-2008, 01:25 AM
i am sure if you took a poll on this you would find that a majority of the nation would say it is kobe. i strongly strongly strongly dis agree please king james is not now but soon going to be the greatest player of all time. i think it was sir charles (another peace of royalty) that said there aint no one one man can guard me. that actualy aplies here and no, he aint no mike but mike would tell you that he in his prime couldnt do what labron can do. the power he has is unreal but until he wins a championship he is just the greatest player in the league today. just my thoughts.

WTF we can start another thread about dis can't we let this die please.

ARMIN12NBA
08-02-2008, 04:40 AM
The guy who created this thread was the same guy who created the 37 fake accounts to vote for Dr. J so Kobe could lose. worldbfree as well as Odumb are owned by the same person and they both were saying that Lebron is obviously better. Essentially we have a huge Kobe "hater" here on PSD. I can't believe this thread has lasted four pages...It should be closed by now.

lakersrock
08-02-2008, 12:56 PM
Best athlete? Yeah, for sure.
Best player? Not even close.

Crunchy12489
08-02-2008, 12:58 PM
Best athlete? Yeah, for sure.
Best player? Not even close.

I wouldn't say "not even close".

That's one of those Laker biases.

_Sn1P3r_
08-02-2008, 04:11 PM
Haha this thread is still alive.

Oh and while it's still open, Kobe's the better player, and Lebron is the second best.

lakerboy
08-02-2008, 04:54 PM
Close this thread.

BALLER71
08-02-2008, 05:13 PM
Kobe is better ...
Cough* 81 Cough*

.... he did better. He took Zydrunas, Donyell Marshall, and Damon Jones to the Finals.

lakerboy
08-02-2008, 05:26 PM
.... he did better. He took Zydrunas, Donyell Marshall, and Damon Jones to the Finals.

Are you kidding me? Ilgauskus is a very decent center.
Damon Jones is hands down better than Smush Parker.

The worst teams in the NBA (Miami and Memphis) didn't even bother to play them.

Luke and Marshall are just about the same.

CowboysKB24
08-02-2008, 06:00 PM

Joe Johnson is the best player in the league - he took the load Celtics to seven games and got ATL into the playoffs.

stlcardsfan3289
08-02-2008, 06:20 PM
Today, it's hands down Kobe. I'm going to get a lot of scruff from this comment, but Kobe is damn near in Jordan territory. I'm not saying in 5 years from now that Kobe will be better than LeBron, but right now today, it's Kobe, in a land slide. And i HATE Kobe

Noles3490
08-02-2008, 06:20 PM
LeBron is better than Kobe. Hands Down

ink
08-02-2008, 06:25 PM
How many times is a thread like this going to get regurgitated? Always starts the same then ends the same. I really do believe a minimum post count to start new threads needs to be implemented.

I agree.

People, why keep responding to a thread started by a BANNED user!!??

Everyone can see that it's a baiting thread. Please, if you want the baiting to stop by people like this, don't dignify it with responses. Just IGNORE and take the fun out of it for them.

:clap: