PDA

View Full Version : I think it's important everyone reads this..

Tragedy
08-01-2008, 07:01 PM
For any one person that still questions this trade:

The Providence Journal reports that Red Sox GM Theo Epstein met with team veterans on Wednesday, and they told him that Manny Ramirez had to go.
The players were not only tired of Manny's antics and felt that he was a distraction, but they didn't trust that they could count on him during the pennant race. One story in the Boston Herald on Friday quoted a teammate as saying "He just doesn't care." Another Herald story discussed his refusal to visit with young cancer patients, calling him a "bum." It seems most everyone involved with Manny in Boston is happy to see him go.
Source: Providence Journal
End of story.

BeAn 5 ToWnE
08-01-2008, 07:17 PM
Mmm, you know it's bad when your own teammates have had enough of you.

Brooke
08-01-2008, 07:31 PM
when teammates say that he has to go you know it is pretty bad and the Red Sox had no choice

lil'papi
08-02-2008, 08:07 AM
In the next few weeks , I'm quite sure we will read other episodes that made people squirm.

" One source said yesterday that Ramirez refused to get on a team flight from Anaheim to Seattle last month until the club threatened to suspend him."

His lack of depth mentally is astounding. I can't imagine not wanting to visit little kids with cancer. Just cannot fathom it.

Of course today in the LA papers he is praising the fans.

fins08
08-02-2008, 08:42 AM
Don't matter, he gone now.

lil'papi
08-02-2008, 08:50 AM
http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/

Tragedy
08-02-2008, 09:38 AM
:laugh2:

Ramirez was cocky enough to believe we'd never actually pull the trigger.

"For the Sox, the source said, Ramírez's pledge of good behavior only served as a tacit admission that his disruptive conduct of the last couple of weeks had been calculated, and they had had good cause to suspect more was in the offing if they did not trade him. The Sox told him thanks but no thanks, what was done was done, and pack plenty of sunscreen."
Bold = What I've been saying for a while. Everything he said to the media about this team was a ploy to make sure he was a FA after this year. Pathetic.

lil'papi
08-03-2008, 07:33 AM
He could have easily been remembered as a winner, sad really.
I heard he didn't want to move his family and thats the reason for second thoughts. Of course Borass is denying it now. Which has more holes in it than swiss.

I loves the Sox answer to him, buh-bye.

Borass seems to have orchestrated this whole mess. He knew he could easily deny it. No way to prove otherwise. Scumbag.....

Again, here's to Manny not getting a fat new contract.:cheers:

RedSoxtober
08-04-2008, 09:40 AM
I really cannot believe that Boras didn't counsel him against all of this bizarre behavior. No matter how much Manny wanted out and how much Boras stood to gain, he really hurt his personal market with all of this. No team is going to sign him without wondering when it'll happen to them. He destroyed that $100M/4yr dream he had.

Osiagledknarf
08-04-2008, 10:25 AM
No to cancer kids, Manny? Really? If that's true you're a douche bag.

Boras clearly had a hand in all this...it's got his stink all over it. If the Sox picked up those options Boras stood to get exactly ZERO dollars. Now he gets another big pay day. It's classic Boras.

So, in my opinion, these two douche brothers deserve each other. People are already hesitant to operate with Boras...not the Sox, unfortunately though...and Manny definitely shot himself in the foot if he's looking for $100 million. Don't sign a contract if you're not going to honor it, Tardo. I'm glad he's gone, though watching him haul *** down the line in his debut with the Dodgers made me want to break something.

Padres Son
08-04-2008, 10:41 AM
Manny should take a lesson from Milton Bradley... no matter how much talent you have, acting like a mentally impaired child will seriously hurt your market value.

Vthockeydad
08-04-2008, 10:51 AM
I really cannot believe that Boras didn't counsel him against all of this bizarre behavior. No matter how much Manny wanted out and how much Boras stood to gain, he really hurt his personal market with all of this. No team is going to sign him without wondering when it'll happen to them. He destroyed that $100M/4yr dream he had.

Exactly, Manny is a man child with no forward thinking. The man can sure hit, but I certainly do not think after what happened in Boston, any team would be stupid enough to take such a big chance. Too bad, but Manny made his bed.
Can you honestly imagine, getting paid over $20 million a year to play baseball, be on a Championship team, be loved by fans (when you play hard), then act like a moron, pout, piss of your teammates, and throw it all away. Good riddance. I hope Jason Bay can produce 80% of what Manny did and it will be a great trade.

Tragedy
08-04-2008, 11:21 AM
Since I knew Manny wouldn't be on this team for 2009, I've been saying Manny = Yankees.

However, his antics will seriously make the Yankees reconsider trying to sign him. He didn't cut it in a big market like Boston, and could not keep his ego in check. Now he's going to THE biggest market, how does he hold up there? The Yankees aren't exactly fond of taking crap like that on.

He made a huge mistake.

RedSoxtober
08-04-2008, 01:53 PM
I'd have a hard time characterizing Manny as not cutting it in Boston. He was very odd most of the time but it was mostly things you could willingly overlook.

I'm not sure how much NYY would want to get involved with Manny. Weigh him against Abreu and Bobby is a better sign for the same years. Assuming they re-sign him, you're still looking at Damon, Matsui, and possibly Posada needing to increasingly split time among LF and DH so it'd be hard to fit Manny into the mix.

Manny's 'work ethic' would not gel with Girardi, either.

BigDaddyKaine
08-04-2008, 01:54 PM
If manny ends up on Yankees that sucks for me because im a dodger fan but that would suck for red sox also because manny would just kill the red sox IMO

Osiagledknarf
08-04-2008, 02:30 PM
I think Manny is probably more valuable to an American League team than a National League team because, let's face it, he's been a glorified DH for a couple years now. That being said...The Yankees have way too many aging players on the roster already...they'll be in the market for an outfielder, no doubt...but it won't be Manny. And whoever said so is right, Joe Girardi would end up clobbering Manny. Although...Hank Steinbrenner is a D-bag of biblical proportions, so who know's what he's thinking on the topic. I guess we'll see.

lil'papi
08-05-2008, 10:47 AM
If manny ends up on Yankees that sucks for me because im a dodger fan but that would suck for red sox also because manny would just kill the red sox IMO

Manny won't be donning a NYY uniform. Unless the D-bag of biblical proportions beats his brother senseless. Cashman would never do it either.

Doesn't pass the sniff test. Plus Manny wants to retire in LA now. :D

Tankjeep
08-05-2008, 11:46 AM
if you think for a minute that the yankees won't look for a way to get manny, you're only kidding yourself. they may not pay him the asking price, but after all that's happened....just the fact the yankees pursue him may be enough for him to say...."you know what, i get to stick it to the red sox. i'll take a pay cut just to have the chance to do that." he's that mentally challenged to look at it that way.

sboyajian
08-05-2008, 12:16 PM
if you think for a minute that the yankees won't look for a way to get manny, you're only kidding yourself. they may not pay him the asking price, but after all that's happened....just the fact the yankees pursue him may be enough for him to say...."you know what, i get to stick it to the red sox. i'll take a pay cut just to have the chance to do that." he's that mentally challenged to look at it that way.

The only thing on Manny's mind right now is Money. he will not take a pay cut for any reason. he wants his season price tag to go up, not down.

tc2deuce
08-05-2008, 12:41 PM
he will be a yankee! WATCH:mad::mad::mad:

Tankjeep
08-05-2008, 12:56 PM
The only thing on Manny's mind right now is Money. he will not take a pay cut for any reason. he wants his season price tag to go up, not down.

even manny himself said that he's always wanted to play for the yankees....and that was when he was still with the red sox. so given the opportunity, i think manny would jump at it. it may not be a significant pay cut, but i'm sure it will be a small enough that he'd bite at the chance to make the red sox fo pay.

sboyajian
08-05-2008, 01:25 PM
the yankees have an overload in the outfield right now (and again for next year). They are not going to offer him the deal he wants at his age and with his attitude. His attitude is no good for the club, they aren't crazy.. they saw how he affected the mood of the sox players and how it tore them down.

Tankjeep
08-05-2008, 02:24 PM
but they've also seen how rejuvenated he's been since he went to the dodgers too. you have to admit, he's running harder around the bases and working harder in the outfield than he has in a few years.

Raidaz4Life
08-05-2008, 02:36 PM

Whatever you guys do don't let him go lol

but honestly it disgusts me the type of cancer he was to this team and just because he was "Manny Ramirez" everyone in the club house had to put up with it. Now I am willing to admit I was very upset with us dumping off Nomar and Pedro but I have yet to regret letting go of Manny. He didn't fit in with the rest of the team or putting us in a better position to win as a team. We have a solid group of guys that come in each day and play their hearts out for a win without muttering a word and then we had a $20 million dollar cry baby who refused to play because of how mistreated he supposedly was... I'm relieved its all over and if he wants to go screw up that yankee club house more than by all means go contribute to turning the New York Yankees into the New York Dysfunctionals

sboyajian
08-05-2008, 02:37 PM
but they've also seen how rejuvenated he's been since he went to the dodgers too. you have to admit, he's running harder around the bases and working harder in the outfield than he has in a few years.

yeah.. I especially liked that one he legged out (and by legged out I mean walked to and let GMJ get)..

He has a double and a couple HR's.. he's not hustling any harder.. he ran on the Sox when he new he had to.. but he would never leg out a triple when it should have been a double and he still takes a leisurely stroll to 1st when he should hustle.. even if it's probably an out.

He's rejuvenated now.. but it's going to take a another 2 months of it to prove he's interested in helping a team.. and not a weekend.

Tankjeep
08-06-2008, 06:47 AM
yeah.. I especially liked that one he legged out (and by legged out I mean walked to and let GMJ get)..

He has a double and a couple HR's.. he's not hustling any harder.. he ran on the Sox when he new he had to.. but he would never leg out a triple when it should have been a double and he still takes a leisurely stroll to 1st when he should hustle.. even if it's probably an out.

He's rejuvenated now.. but it's going to take a another 2 months of it to prove he's interested in helping a team.. and not a weekend.

true, when things level out....we shall see (i hope) the true manny being manny.

lil'papi
08-06-2008, 07:47 AM

you make the point for us....;)

Any team paying him a 4/100 mil deal is either blind , deaf, dumb or stupid. NYY's aren't a couple of those things. :D

RedSoxtober
08-06-2008, 08:02 AM

The obvious question is "Where would he play?" The only way to do it would be to pass on re-signing Abreu and Manny clearly is not fit for RF these days.

Also, since the Sox already parted with Manny I don't quite see how NYY would 'stick it to the red sox.' The Sox have already moved on. It's a far cry from when the Yankees signed Damon, who was the Sox first choice for CF and considered a 'must sign' at the time.

lil'papi
08-06-2008, 08:05 AM
Plus he would sit out against Beckett and Lester and maybe even Dicek. Nevermind is we sign CC he would have the hammy injury for the whole series. :D:D

sboyajian
08-06-2008, 09:48 AM
Plus he would sit out against Beckett and Lester and maybe even Dicek. Nevermind is we sign CC he would have the hammy injury for the whole series. :D:D

ahh.. the dreaded manny hammy.

Brooke
08-06-2008, 12:17 PM

which is exactly why he was traded. He goes somewhere else and all of a sudden he tries, that just proves even more why he is gone. He wanted to be gone and didn't even try anymore

Sure Bay is no Manny BUT he plays better defense than Manny, is quicker than Manny and he is producing for the Red Sox, the whole team is rejuvenated :)

bagwell368
08-06-2008, 03:19 PM
Manny ends up on Dodgers or Mets

lilboytwister99
08-06-2008, 04:04 PM
Manny wanted out, was burned out, or something..... everyone needs a new place some time or another. I think Manny's biggest issue is the SCUMBAG behind him, Scott Boras. Boras only cares about the money, which is why he would never have coached Manny on his attitude. Boras wants Manny to get the big contract so he gets a big payday. Manny can play his heart out for LA the rest of the season, which will convince LA to give Manny the big contract. Then once he gets the contract, lets see how Manny plays.

How can you be so absurd as to go on tv during the ALCS last year and tell the media "who cares if we win or not? really who cares? if we lose, we lose." How can you get bored with being a champion?

And not only that, during the World Series, Boras comes out during the game (or well his announcement came out during the game) that A-Rod would not return to the Yankees. Why was this done? Because Boras wanted A-Rod to get a HUGE ridiculous contract so he could soak up the bucks.

Sorry, Boras is a scumbag in my book. He always will be. Look at Beltran for example. He got the big payday from the sucker Mets..... and how does his stats look this year? Theres better players on the Astros! lol

Money talks, and BS walks.

Osiagledknarf
08-06-2008, 08:07 PM
Haha...I doubt you'll find many Boras apologists in here. He IS a monumental douche.

Tankjeep
08-06-2008, 10:35 PM
^easily agreeable by everybody.

sboyajian
08-07-2008, 07:52 AM
The worst part is, Manny has hit 3 HR's in his first 5 with LAD... just goes to show that he definately did turn it off.. you don't get completely renewed energy simply by getting traded for 2 months...

lil'papi
08-07-2008, 10:03 AM
^^ Exactly and his agent already said he was dogging it on purpose. ( using slightly different language)

futureheisman
09-06-2008, 07:34 AM
its worked out great. the dodgers have been under .500 since the trade we have been over and are going to be in the postseason

lil'papi
09-06-2008, 08:23 AM
Manny who? How old is this thread? Manny DelCarmen?

Vthockeydad
09-06-2008, 03:08 PM
I think Manny is probably more valuable to an American League team than a National League team because, let's face it, he's been a glorified DH for a couple years now. That being said...The Yankees have way too many aging players on the roster already...they'll be in the market for an outfielder, no doubt...but it won't be Manny. And whoever said so is right, Joe Girardi would end up clobbering Manny. Although...Hank Steinbrenner is a D-bag of biblical proportions, so who know's what he's thinking on the topic. I guess we'll see.

Osia You are a bigger fan of Hanky Steinbrenner than I. Well said !!

The Intimidator
09-06-2008, 03:18 PM
Manny who? How old is this thread? Manny DelCarmen?

You mean Manny DelGagne?

futureheisman
09-06-2008, 04:01 PM
i think manny ends up with the mets and it is manny ramirez