PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Instead Of 2010

twissst89
08-01-2008, 06:06 PM
Does anyone think that Wade might not opt out in 2010? If he doesnt it could mean we wud be able to get even better in 2011 than picking up a guy in 2010.

1. If Wade plays out his contract, it means that we can resign him over the cap in 2011 after we try to sign some of the top free agents. If he opts out in 2010 he counts against the cap.

2. Chris Paul and Yao Ming are free agents in 2011. Both the Rockets and Hornets dont have nearly as a good future as the Heat do. David West will be up in age and so will T Mac. In 2010 we wud easily have enough money to sign both and then sign Wade over the cap.

3. Chris Paul signed only a 3 year extension for a reason. He sees players like West, Stoakavic, and Chandler might not be their in 2011.

Its a long shot to say we can have both Yao and Paul, but money wise we can afford it. Even if we can only get Paul it wud obviously be worth it.

Paul
Wade
Wright
Beasley
Yao

LayZbone
08-01-2008, 06:19 PM
well that'd be awesome, no doubt.

Here's a glimpse of that dream backcourt, lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l87JWB76zDU

Master Mind
08-01-2008, 06:23 PM
Does anyone think that Wade might not opt out in 2010? If he doesnt it could mean we wud be able to get even better in 2011 than picking up a guy in 2010.

1. If Wade plays out his contract, it means that we can resign him over the cap in 2011 after we try to sign some of the top free agents. If he opts out in 2010 he counts against the cap.

2. Chris Paul and Yao Ming are free agents in 2011. Both the Rockets and Hornets dont have nearly as a good future as the Heat do. David West will be up in age and so will T Mac. In 2010 we wud easily have enough money to sign both and then sign Wade over the cap.

3. Chris Paul signed only a 3 year extension for a reason. He sees players like West, Stoakavic, and Chandler might not be their in 2011.

Its a long shot to say we can have both Yao and Paul, but money wise we can afford it. Even if we can only get Paul it wud obviously be worth it.

Paul
Wade
Wright
Beasley
Yao

I never thought about Wade opting out in 2011 but it sounds like a good idea....

That line up won't happen though... :eyebrow:

Mambo Kings
08-01-2008, 06:32 PM
Paul
Wade
Wright
Beasley
Yao

I've seen this kind of mental condition before, luckily I know how to help...

First step: take a deep breath and slowly exit your NBA Live trading screen.

LayZbone
08-01-2008, 06:35 PM

lmao. i put in 2k8 the other day, and traded J-will straight up for Tyson Chandler...:sigh: if only...

Jonathan2323
08-01-2008, 06:46 PM

lol

daleja424
08-01-2008, 06:49 PM
:smoking::smoking::smoking: Do I like? Yes. Will this happen? No

fins08
08-01-2008, 06:55 PM
Won't happen. if Wade is a FA in 2011 then we gotta give him,Paul and yao the max. Why don't we sign Wade to an extension before eh can opt out?

daleja424
08-01-2008, 06:59 PM
Won't happen. if Wade is a FA in 2011 then we gotta give him,Paul and yao the max. Why don't we sign Wade to an extension before eh can opt out?

maybe we will... it would make sense. get wade locked up BEFORE the 2010 offseason...so we can focus in on one player. I am sure we will be able to convince someone to come play with wade and beasley...

danbola
08-01-2008, 07:36 PM
There is no way Wade does not opt out in 2010, if healthy. That would be his first opportunity to get a full max deal. Why risk playing another year and the possibility of injury when he can get the biggest contract of his career.

MiamiHeat
08-01-2008, 07:43 PM
well that'd be awesome, no doubt.

Here's a glimpse of that dream backcourt, lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l87JWB76zDU

lol i knew somebody was going to bring that up
but forget boozer coming to MIA get deron williams :D

daleja424
08-01-2008, 07:46 PM
lol i knew somebody was going to bring that up
but forget boozer coming to MIA get deron williams :D

haha... wade is good :nod: The east is going to have to :pray: a lot next year...

noturnormalhero
08-01-2008, 08:50 PM
definitely a far fetched roster that i cant see happening even for one second. all i'm gonna say about that

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-01-2008, 11:29 PM
definitely a far fetched roster that i cant see happening even for one second. all i'm gonna say about that

yea i highly doubt it will happen to.

Master Mind
08-02-2008, 12:15 AM
Definitely not Yao, maybe not CP but we're gonna sign a marquee player...

Master Mind
08-02-2008, 12:46 AM
Summer 2009 FA Notables
Joe Johnson
Ray Allen
Tony Allen
Eddie House
Patrick O'Bryant
Rajon Rondo
Adam Morrison
Larry Hughes
Thabo Sefolosha
Tyrus Thomas
Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Aleksandar Pavlovic
Anderson Varejao
Ben Wallace
Jerry Stackhouse
Renaldo Balkman
Steven Hunter
Richard Hamilton
Antonio McDyess
Al Harrington
Stephen Jackson
Marcus Williams
Rafer Alston
Brent Barry
Tracy McGrady
Luis Scola
Marquis Daniels
Shawne Williams
Marcus Camby
Ricky Davis
Cuttino Mobley
Tim Thomas
Jordan Farmar
Derek Fisher
Rudy Gay
Kyle Lowry
Darko Milicic
Mark Blount
Udonis Haslem
Rodney Carney
Randy Foye
Mike Miller
Josh Boone
Hilton Armstrong
Rasual Butler
Mike James
Quentin Richardson
Tony Battie
J.J. Redick
Hedo Turkoglu
Raja Bell
Steve Nash
Shaquille O'Neal
LaMarcus Aldridge
Steve Blake
Travis Outlaw
Sergio Rodriguez
Brandon Roy
Brad Miller
Shelden Williams
Bruce Bowen
Manu Ginobili
Fabricio Oberto
Luke Ridnour
Andrea Bargnani
Jermaine O'Neal
Carlos Boozer
Ronnie Brewer
Matt Harpring
Kyle Korver
Mehmet Okur
Brendan Haywood

Players of interest

DQL
08-02-2008, 01:24 AM
say no to Yao. He'll be 30+ in 2011

DQL
08-02-2008, 01:26 AM
Summer 2009 FA Notables
Joe Johnson
Ray Allen
Tony Allen
Eddie House
Patrick O'Bryant
Rajon Rondo
Adam Morrison
Larry Hughes
Thabo Sefolosha
Tyrus Thomas
Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Aleksandar Pavlovic
Anderson Varejao
Ben Wallace
Jerry Stackhouse
Renaldo Balkman
Steven Hunter
Richard Hamilton
Antonio McDyess
Al Harrington
Stephen Jackson
Marcus Williams
Rafer Alston
Brent Barry
Tracy McGrady
Luis Scola
Marquis Daniels
Shawne Williams
Marcus Camby
Ricky Davis
Cuttino Mobley
Tim Thomas
Jordan Farmar
Derek Fisher
Rudy Gay
Kyle Lowry
Darko Milicic
Mark Blount
Udonis Haslem
Rodney Carney
Randy Foye
Mike Miller
Josh Boone
Hilton Armstrong
Rasual Butler
Mike James
Quentin Richardson
Tony Battie
J.J. Redick
Hedo Turkoglu
Raja Bell
Steve Nash
Shaquille O'Neal
LaMarcus Aldridge
Steve Blake
Travis Outlaw
Sergio Rodriguez
Brandon Roy
Brad Miller
Shelden Williams
Bruce Bowen
Manu Ginobili
Fabricio Oberto
Luke Ridnour
Andrea Bargnani
Jermaine O'Neal
Carlos Boozer
Ronnie Brewer
Matt Harpring
Kyle Korver
Mehmet Okur
Brendan Haywood

Players of interest

damn I love Gay and Aldridge. I'll be the happiest man in the world if we can bring in one of two

Diehardheatfan
08-02-2008, 04:15 AM
those 2 guys would be restricted though, Portland might be in trouble if somebody offers a max because there gonna have to pay roy,bayless,oden, aldridge. Id offer aldridge a max. We would be set. I would also love to get farmar from that list as well

Sixerlover
08-02-2008, 04:41 AM
^ Paul Allen could care less about the luxury tax. Those players in Portland will be there until they decide to trade them.

But I don't see the first post happening, at least not with Paul. I mean in 3 years West will only be 31, and Chandler will still be in his 20's if I'm not mistaken. Those are the prime years of most basketball players, and Julian Wright will be coming into his own.. And Paul will still be Paul. They were the #2 seed this year, I don't see a reason that they would get bad enough that he'd want to leave.

greek miami hea
08-02-2008, 10:05 AM
i liked the idea of extending wades contract before 2010 so we can focus at a big name!!!!!!!!!this idea rocks!!

Diehardheatfan
08-02-2008, 07:58 PM
i liked the idea of extending wades contract before 2010 so we can focus at a big name!!!!!!!!!this idea rocks!!

I HAD THOUGHT OF THAT IDEA A WHILE BACK BUT WASNT SURE IF ITS POSSIBLE

daleja424
08-02-2008, 08:01 PM
It isnt now that i think of it. It is only possible the year b4 the rookie scale contracts run up... We can offer him an extension in 2010...and if he doesnt like it and wants to stay he can do the marion and opt in for the final year...

LayZbone
08-02-2008, 09:42 PM
Boozer/Beasley/Wade- 2009 :dance2:

DQL
08-02-2008, 10:21 PM
Boozer/Beasley/Wade- 2009 :dance2:

I'm thinking more of the lineup of Beasley/Josh Smith/Wade

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-02-2008, 10:37 PM
Both look good lmao :D

Diehardheatfan
08-03-2008, 11:45 PM
I'm thinking more of the lineup of Beasley/Josh Smith/Wade

Wade/Beasley/Amare

J$mo0th_3o5
08-03-2008, 11:53 PM
Wade/Beasley/Amare

That looks better:D

King Koopa
08-03-2008, 11:57 PM
Wade/Beasley/Amare

This is the one i want..... or Wade/Beasley/Boozer.

greek miami hea
08-04-2008, 05:05 AM
Wade/Beasley/Amare

yea thats it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!miami heat dynasty

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-04-2008, 07:01 AM
Wade/Beasley/Amare

:pray:

DQL
08-04-2008, 08:27 AM
Amare is clearly better than Josh Smith on paper but I don't think he and Beasley will play good together. He's not a good defender, neither is Beasley. They're both offensive players. He, Beasley and Wade will have to share the ball. In contrast, Josh Smith doesn't need the ball to be effective. He's a great defender who is a perfect compliment to Beasley. Plus Amare will not come cheap. He will demand a max contract.

greek miami hea
08-04-2008, 10:27 AM
Amare is clearly better than Josh Smith on paper but I don't think he and Beasley will play good together. He's not a good defender, neither is Beasley. They're both offensive players. He, Beasley and Wade will have to share the ball. In contrast, Josh Smith doesn't need the ball to be effective. He's a great defender who is a perfect compliment to Beasley. Plus Amare will not come cheap. He will demand a max contract.

maybe you are right.but i still like that trio(and chalmers)

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-04-2008, 11:43 AM

Great point :clap:

Diehardheatfan
08-04-2008, 11:44 AM

yeah but whos to say beasley wont become a better defender. still has time. Also if we spend max dollars almost on smith we are a totally undersized team. Boozer is gonna want a max deal and hes small. Amare has length and we would be so experienced and athletic. At that point just get a bunch of fillers

daleja424
08-04-2008, 11:45 AM

Josh Smith isnt a good defender either. He's an off the ball shot blocker... theres a big difference. If all you want is a good defender then you mine as well keep marion...

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-04-2008, 11:48 AM
I think he's means that the two problems would be ball distribution, and how they would conflict each others game.

That being said... i would still take Amare he is just a flat out monster!

DQL
08-04-2008, 01:15 PM
Josh Smith isnt a good defender either. He's an off the ball shot blocker... theres a big difference. If all you want is a good defender then you mine as well keep marion...

He's a great help defender. When Beasley gets raped, he can come and help

daleja424
08-04-2008, 01:21 PM
He's a great help defender. When Beasley gets raped, he can come and help

he is a good help defender as a PF... but on the heat he would be a SF and would be no where near the hoop... also amare is a good help defender too (he did average 2.1 block per game....not to shabby)

DQL
08-04-2008, 01:36 PM
yea Amare averages 2 blocks but he also gives up way too many shots. And I love to keep Marion if he doesn't ask too much

Master Mind
08-04-2008, 01:49 PM

True. I think a lot of people are overlooking the Matrix and what he brings...I'm pretty content with Marion and I think he will mesh very well with Wade and Beasley...I mean all the trade ideas are cool but i'm not really ready to write off Marion...

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-04-2008, 08:32 PM
Amare is still young and finding his potential he could work on his defense. If it came down between Marion and Amare.... Peace Marion, Amare is to good to pass up on if we have a chance

_Sn1P3r_
08-04-2008, 10:35 PM

Lmao.

daleja424
08-04-2008, 10:38 PM
Amare is still young and finding his potential he could work on his defense. If it came down between Marion and Amare.... Peace Marion, Amare is to good to pass up on if we have a chance

:clap::clap::clap:

ATX
08-04-2008, 10:54 PM
True. I think a lot of people are overlooking the Matrix and what he brings...I'm pretty content with Marion and I think he will mesh very well with Wade and Beasley...I mean all the trade ideas are cool but i'm not really ready to write off Marion...

I totaly agree, Marion is one hell of a player...all I hear is all this negative talk about Marion, especially all damn summer...The freaking Matrix is on the Heat...How awesome! He's going to be great for us next year, especially since he's in a contract year. Sometimes you just have to sit back and see what you have before you go wanting more.

daleja424
08-04-2008, 10:56 PM
I totaly agree, Marion is one hell of a player...all I hear is all this negative talk about Marion, especially all damn summer...The freaking Matrix is on the Heat...How awesome! He's going to be great for us next year, especially since he's in a contract year. Sometimes you just have to sit back and see what you have before you go wanting more.

Id rather keep marion too...he can really help cover the holes in beasley's game... but we do need to trade someone for a true center...

ATX
08-04-2008, 11:08 PM
Id rather keep marion too...he can really help cover the holes in beasley's game... but we do need to trade someone for a true center...

Yep, finding a true center is certainly the next step if we really want to compete next season. But unfortunatley we're paying Blount a lot of green to do that job. Otherwise the team looks really good, especially if Chalmers steps up to the table.

daleja424
08-04-2008, 11:10 PM
Yep, finding a true center is certainly the next step if we really want to compete next season. But unfortunatley we're paying Blount a lot of green to do that job. Otherwise the team looks really good, especially if Chalmers steps up to the table.

I dont think we are going to be able to unload Blount until next year... but we could still bring in a cheap young option... we obviously can't afford to take on a big contract at center since we already have blount making 8 mil next year...

ATX
08-04-2008, 11:17 PM
I dont think we are going to be able to unload Blount until next year...But we could still bring in a cheap young option... we obviously can't afford to take on a big contract at center since we already have blount making 8 mil next year..

That is indeed THE dilema .

Storch
08-04-2008, 11:30 PM
Nah dont get Yao... He's too slow for the players youre suggesting on getting. Hes gona be like shaq in the suns team.

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-04-2008, 11:34 PM
everything always seems to be blounts fault :mad::mad:

Dam him! :pity:

daleja424
08-04-2008, 11:35 PM
everything always seems to be blounts fault :mad::mad:

Dam him! :pity:

If blount doesn't turn into :superman: next year for the money he is making he better :hide:

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-04-2008, 11:40 PM
If blount doesn't turn into :superman: next year for the money he is making he better :hide:

he should fake a death and move to europe so maybe we get out of that cantract cuz there aint no way in hell he playes up to his contract

daleja424
08-04-2008, 11:41 PM
he should fake a death and move to europe so maybe we get out of that cantract cuz there aint no way in hell he playes up to his contract

Id be happy if he played up to Joel Anthony's contract...:rolleyes:

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-04-2008, 11:48 PM
Id be happy if he played up to Joel Anthony's contract...:rolleyes:

im still trying to figure out how did he get that contract?! 8 mil is alot of money!! :confused:

daleja424
08-04-2008, 11:50 PM
im still trying to figure out how did he get that contract?! 8 mil is alot of money!! :confused:

we were talking to him about a big 5 year deal to be our center of the future and then boston decided to just sign him a little bigger to prevent us from taking him... Its actually our fault that we have to pay him so much now... odd!

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-04-2008, 11:52 PM
we were talking to him about a big 5 year deal to be our center of the future and then boston decided to just sign him a little bigger to prevent us from taking him... Its actually our fault that we have to pay him so much now... odd!

wow... that came back and bit us on the ***** :mad:

daleja424
08-04-2008, 11:53 PM
Center Mark Blount agreed Thursday to re-sign with the Boston Celtics, agent Mark Bartelstein told ESPN Insider Chad Ford. The contract, according to Bartelstein, will be for six years, $41 million.

Blount, an unrestricted free agent, was wooed by several teams, notably the Heat and 76ers, but in the end felt like he needed to return to Boston.

"I think Danny [Ainge] and Doc [Rivers] did a great job of convincing him that he would be part of great future in Boston," Bartelstein told Ford. "They stepped up to the plate offering their full mid-level exception and I think at the end of the day, Mark felt like they really wanted him the most."

Blount's contract also includes a 15-percent "trade kicker," meaning that if Blount is traded at any time during the length of the contract, he will receive an additional 15 percent of his remaining salary on top of the salary, a source told ESPN's David Aldridge.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1836258

oh and this couldn't have hurt either:

The four-year veteran appeared in every regular season game for the Celtics last season, averaging 10.3 points and 7.2 rebounds per game.

Blount was second in the league in field goal percentage behind Shaquille O'Neal, making 56.6 percent of his shots.

In a March game against the Orlando Magic, Blount scored 28 points and had a career-high 21 rebounds, the most rebounds by a Celtic in a decade.

DQL
08-04-2008, 11:58 PM

Yeah damn you Ainge :mad::mad:

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-04-2008, 11:59 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1836258

oh and this couldn't have hurt either:

The four-year veteran appeared in every regular season game for the Celtics last season, averaging 10.3 points and 7.2 rebounds per game.

Blount was second in the league in field goal percentage behind Shaquille O'Neal, making 56.6 percent of his shots.

In a March game against the Orlando Magic, Blount scored 28 points and had a career-high 21 rebounds, the most rebounds by a Celtic in a decade.

It just keeps getting worse lmao

What the hell happened to games like that?!:confused::confused:

daleja424
08-05-2008, 12:00 AM
At the time 6/41 didn't look that bad for a young guy who averaged 10/7...who knew that would turn out to be his career year at the age of like 23... :shrug:

daleja424
08-05-2008, 12:01 AM
It just keeps getting worse lmao

What the hell happened to games like that?!:confused::confused:

he pulled a hanley. he got his money and stopped giving the effort?

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-05-2008, 12:04 AM
he pulled a hanley. he got his money and stopped giving the effort?

Speaking of Hanley... he needs to start playing again he looks like he's not having fun and he keeps chasing pitches!

DQL
08-05-2008, 12:10 AM
oh damn I can't believe Blount can grab 21 rebs :laugh: Now he can't have a double digit

daleja424
08-05-2008, 12:14 AM
look what I found:

http://i38.tinypic.com/2rxbm28.jpg

...they even offer free shipping...

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-05-2008, 12:14 AM
oh damn I can't believe Blount can grab 21 rebs :laugh: Now he can't have a double digit

he only had 3 double digit rebounding games last season and he's 7 feet tall :pity:

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-05-2008, 12:15 AM
look what I found:

http://i38.tinypic.com/2rxbm28.jpg

...they even offer free shipping...

lmfao :laugh:

wat do they send if u win the bid?!

daleja424
08-05-2008, 12:17 AM
it was a joke page i just made... someone wondered why the pistons werent being mentioned as a contender...and so someone else said b/c there whole team is on ebay...so I made this pic as a joke... :D

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-05-2008, 12:17 AM
it was a joke page i just made... someone wondered why the pistons werent being mentioned as a contender...and so someone else said b/c there whole team is on ebay...so I made this pic as a joke... :D

lmao good job on it :clap:

_Supreme_
08-05-2008, 09:37 AM
I'd rather have Lebron in 2010 :D

daleja424
08-05-2008, 09:38 AM
maybe josh smith next year? so maybe 2009 instead of 2010 or 2011

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-05-2008, 09:51 AM
As long as we make one of those big moves im happy :D

King Koopa
08-05-2008, 02:31 PM
You know what would be funny.... If Mark Blount starts to play like he did for Boston, avging maybe 12/7 what would you people say??? if he would ever put up those numbers i think that i would Smoke the Biggest Blount in the world.:smoking::horse: