PDA

View Full Version : PC- Letting Murray go, toughest decision as Bruins GM

BostonFan 53
08-01-2008, 04:44 PM
Probably one of the most difficult things that I have had to do as the Bruins GM came last week when I was making the decision on waiving Glen Murray and then buying him out.

I can’t do it justice and I can't emphasize enough how significant the decision was based on the person that Muzz is and the contributions that he’s made to the Bruins.

The process entailed me talking to Muzz and telling him that I was waiving him, which was very difficult. He was out of town at a wedding, so it caught him off guard. Then, we went through a couple of days of trying to, in conjunction with his agent, move him to another team.

Finally, of course, I had to buy him out.

As I’ve said in other reports, it's basically saying, “we don’t want you anymore” and it was a hard thing to do.

We have the utmost respect for Glen and his family for what they’ve given to the Bruins organization. It was a tough week, especially after talking to a lot of the people here internally, and knowing that this was what we had to do. But I know Glen is a good person; he has a good family and he’ll have a good career ahead of him with whatever he decides to do, play or not play.

http://bruins.nhl.com/team/app/?serv...ticleid=379281

i am bob
08-02-2008, 11:21 PM
It had to be done. Im sure it was a tough decision but it was the best choice unless we traded someone to clear up cap.

homie564
08-03-2008, 11:36 AM
i think waiving schaeffer wouldve been better and wouldve cleared enough cap... but ayy murry needed to put more production for his huuge contract

WilymoPena
08-09-2008, 08:59 PM
http://bruins.nhl.com/team/app/?serv...ticleid=379281

Shouldn't have been that hard, he's been paid like a star the past two yrs and done absolutely nothing. This should have been an easy desicion on PC part. Now if we somehow get Brian McCabe and swing a deal for a top F I might not think PC is such a moron, but until then I continue to wonder.

NESports2004
08-12-2008, 12:25 AM
Shouldn't have been that hard, he's been paid like a star the past two yrs and done absolutely nothing. This should have been an easy desicion on PC part. Now if we somehow get Brian McCabe and swing a deal for a top F I might not think PC is such a moron, but until then I continue to wonder.

Na dude he brought us to the playoffs you gotta give the guy a pass for that...as far as letting Murray go its never an easy decision to let a guy who has been here forever go..for instance Nomar...but if you go purely by st.ats then hell yeah he def had to go

Shaiza
08-21-2008, 02:11 AM
Still hasn't signed officially anywhere. I'm hearing he is considering retirement, but not seriously right now.

Barry Bonds
08-21-2008, 04:06 AM
No way he retires. Someone will come calling.

Shaiza
08-21-2008, 11:41 AM
I hope so, I'd love to see Glen play on another team.

Barry Bonds
09-10-2008, 09:37 PM
Rumors have him going to Ottawa. I was hoping someone with a legit chance to win it all would pick him up. He'd be a great 3rd liner right now. Although I like the Ryder signing...What can he do that Murray cant? Murray had a better season last year and brings far more leadership. Murray was only on the books for one more season and now his cap hit is spread out over a few seasons.

I think trading Alberts, Schaefer would have been a better way of going about things...It's not like either of them will make any signifigant impact this year.