PDA

View Full Version : Brighter Future: Raptors, Sixers, Bulls or Magic

JordansBulls
08-01-2008, 02:53 PM
Which of these 4 teams has the brighter future?

Toronto Raptors, Philadelphia Sixers, Chicago Bulls or Orlando Magic

BADizzleBoY
08-01-2008, 02:54 PM
sixers :dance:

phlp_bj
08-01-2008, 02:55 PM
u forgot the Portland Trailblazers. but from that list, i think it would have to be the Chicago Bulls. So much young talent and they are just a superstar away from a title. Hopefully we either trade for one or we get one in 2010(Wade).

ee
08-01-2008, 02:56 PM
76ers Brand long term, Iggy will be signed long term, Thad Young had a nice 1st season and should only get better and once Andre's contract is up, he should re-up cheap and he seems to not be slowing down.....Oh, Dalembert

Westbrook36
08-01-2008, 02:56 PM
76ers :dance2: Thad Young, Louis Williams, Andre Iggy, Jason Smith, Speights, etc Huge Talents

canzano55
08-01-2008, 03:04 PM
Its a toss up between the Sixers and Chicago.

But the Raps are better right now.

bball1217
08-01-2008, 03:06 PM
If chicago resigns Gordon, they will have a very bright future, along with 76ers, if they resign Iguodala.

Ph1lly Diehard
08-01-2008, 03:07 PM
76ers.

Brand for 5 years. Lou will for 5 years. Thad for another few years and then we resign him more then likely. Iggy probably for around 6 years once we resign him, we have Speights who is going to be mentored by Brand, and then we have Dalembert who is signed for around 3 years or so.

DamnGoat
08-01-2008, 03:08 PM
Bulls or Magic.

Magic have the best young post player in the league (Dwight Howard).

Bulls are still really young and adding a potential stud PG (Rose) can only help. If they ever get a legit post player or Tyrus Thomas develops into something other than Stromile Swift V2, then they'll be a very good team.

pebloemer
08-01-2008, 03:10 PM
u forgot the Portland Trailblazers. but from that list, i think it would have to be the Chicago Bulls. So much young talent and they are just a superstar away from a title. Hopefully we either trade for one or we get one in 2010(Wade).

I don't think there would be much debate or discussion if Portland was included on the list. It isn't a debate between who has the brightEST future, it is a debate over who has the brightER future.

lakers4sho
08-01-2008, 03:22 PM

If JB put the Trailblazers, everyone will have the same answer :p

SeoulBeatz
08-01-2008, 03:25 PM
Bulls and Sixers are Pretty Close

Bulls have: Rose, Deng, Gordon, Noah, Thomas.

Sixers have: Iguodala, Young, Williams, Speights, Smith.

MiamiHeat
08-01-2008, 03:26 PM
heat: wade beasley marion chalmers cook wright

phlp_bj
08-01-2008, 03:28 PM
the grizz: mayo, conley, gay, lowry, gasol

the wolves: love, jefferson, foye, brewer, mccants, miller

BADizzleBoY
08-01-2008, 03:33 PM
grizzlies dont have gasol genius. maybe if you mean marc gasol.

Tom Stone
08-01-2008, 03:34 PM
I think the RAPTORS.....starting five

Jose Calderon...........Top five point gaurds in the league
Jason Kopono...........Best shooter in the league
Jamario moon...........One of the best dunkers in the league
Chric Bosh................Allstar
Jermaine O'neal.........Allstar

And we have a deep bench everyone is sleeping on.

pebloemer
08-01-2008, 03:36 PM
My take:

Orlando: Have to start with Dwight Howard. Of the 4 teams being compared, no team has a player as capable of dominating like Howard is. At such an important position, this needs to be taken into account. The setback for me in regards to this team is the ridiculous contract they gave Rashard. With the way Hedo has turned out for them, I am not sure they needed to dish out so much money on Rashard, it could have been better spent. I think they acted to hastily on that front. They still have a very good team, but will be tied close to the cap with big contracts.

Philadelphia: Brand, Dalembert make a very nice front court. Iggy, Miller make a very nice back court. Young is turning himself into a very good player. This has the makings of success. With the addition of Ivey and resigning of Williams, it is hard to not like this team. Andre Miller was a big part of their success last season but he is aging and may not be a part of the "bright future" we are discussing. The team has enough firepower without him, but he has brought the pieces together very well for this team.

Toronto: About this time last summer I would have said Toronto had one of the best looking futures in the league. Bargnani off a strong rookie campaign, just took the Atlantic with 9 new faces and Bosh still leading the charge. The Bosh/Bargs frontcourt looked poised to be a force but Bargnani's huge setback last year has forced the Raptors to change focus. Now the focus is on Jermaine Oneal/Chris Bosh frontcourt. If it works, it would make for an exciting couple of seasons. Beyond 2 seasons however, Bosh and Oneal's contract's expire, Bargs could be a bust, role player or a star, and the only sure thing in the lineup is Calderon. If the next two years are good ones, look for the Raptor's future beyond to be bright as well. If the Oneal move does not go as planned, look for the Raptors to be rebuilding again.

Chicago: I was very confused by Chicago's lackluster year with so much potential on the team. Chicago, like Toronto will have question marks regarding performances moving forward. If Derrick Rose becomes the next big PG than the pieces and talent on the team should show. If he does not, a couple years in mediocrity could follow. There is no doubting the potential of this team at every position, it is putting that potential together that will be the question mark.

In order, I would say the brightest future belongs to:

Philadelphia
Orlando
Chicago
Toronto

I expect all three to be playoff teams in the coming years, but Philadelphia is too solid throughout the roster with contracts that extend past two-three seasons.

This season I expect:

Orlando
Toronto/Philadelphia
Chicago

BADizzleBoY
08-01-2008, 03:40 PM
philly is a top 4.

torontosports10
08-01-2008, 03:43 PM
What everyone keeps forgetting about JO is this. If things go 100% wrong and he completley sucks look at the 22 million expiring contract we have. We can use that as a HUGE trade asset for teams looking to get cap space for 2010 or we can let him walk and have the cap space for ourselves keeping Bosh,Bargs and Jose as the main pieces and getting a great FA to add to that.

So either way with JO its a win-win

North Yorker
08-01-2008, 03:49 PM
What everyone keeps forgetting about JO is this. If things go 100% wrong and he completley sucks look at the 22 million expiring contract we have. We can use that as a HUGE trade asset for teams looking to get cap space for 2010 or we can let him walk and have the cap space for ourselves keeping Bosh,Bargs and Jose as the main pieces and getting a great FA to add to that.

So either way with JO its a win-win

Yea but it all depends if we re-sign Bosh long term, despite what the US thinks, I believe it will get done . We already have Jose locked up, then if JO walks then re-up Bosh in a max deal, and there is still $$$ to go sign a good 2nd or 3rd option in the summer of 2010.

But those are hypotheticals, so as of right now, I'd say Philly has the brighter future.

ATX
08-01-2008, 03:50 PM
The Bulls have the brighter future...They are the yongest team in the league if I'm not mistaken. Rose, Deng, Thomas, and maybe Gordon is a pretty good young nucleus to build around. Plus some large expiring contracts that they can use on a superstar (Keep your dirty paws off Wade) and they're competing for titles in just a few years.

rickyhammoud
08-01-2008, 03:55 PM
for sure Orlando, they just won 50 games and getting better

mjt20mik
08-01-2008, 03:56 PM
Portland should be on there!

RapsFan4Life
08-01-2008, 03:58 PM
sixers are going to be a real force but i think their team is turnover prone, not clutch and in experianced .. andre miller is an okay guard .. i mean he isnt all star material and i think a PG is the main pillar of a team, i think during playoffs he may crash which will mess up the whole team .. but they do have good talent
my vote goes to .. the raptors, the reason they were elimenated in the ifrst round last year is not beacuse of bosh's clutch decisions .. or his swift first step and great leaping .. nor was it his killer inside shot or his ability to get to the rim .. it was BIGGNESS, not tough or big or strong enough to keep dwight out of the paint and off the glass .. now with jermain in the mess we had one of the toughest front courts since marion got traded ...
raps have one of the sickest young pgs, 3rd to CP and DW ... and a solid lock down defender and perimeter shooter in AP, and a freakly athletic SM in jamario .. but the reason raps have the advantage over sixers is their bench with jason kapono << unlimited range , he will defend his 3 point crown this year and we got alot of energy guys like kris humphries and hassan adams
i am gunna make a bold statement and say

Toronto Raptors will have a better record the Phili 76ers at the end of the up coming season ... by atleast 5 games ... they will also be at least 2 seats higher in the Eastern standings

midwestmadman
08-01-2008, 03:59 PM
Immediate future or long term? Immediate I would say Philli and Toronto with the additions they made this year. Long term has got to be Orlando anytime you have a dominate C like D. Howard who is still learning and getting better ever season your future is going to look good. Also as far as futures go if Portland can keep that young group together and make it work there is a lot of talent on that roster!

pebloemer
08-01-2008, 04:01 PM
Portland should be on there!

Again.. - why? so everyone can say Portland?

This is not a debate of who has the brightest future in the NBA....

This is a debate of who has a brighter future out of these four teams.

BADizzleBoY
08-01-2008, 04:02 PM
bam, he just got served.

NYKnickFanatic
08-01-2008, 04:02 PM
NEW YORK KNICKS!

:D

kylem4711
08-01-2008, 04:06 PM
magic because of dwight.

NYKnickFanatic
08-01-2008, 04:08 PM
I think the RAPTORS.....starting five

Jose Calderon...........Top five point gaurds in the leagueJason Kopono...........Best shooter in the league
Jamario moon...........One of the best dunkers in the leagueChric Bosh................Allstar
Jermaine O'neal.........Allstar

And we have a deep bench everyone is sleeping on.

I rly dont think he is Top 5 PG.
Great shooter, def dont think he is the best in the league.
Best dunkers? He was a fluke at the Dunk Contest.
Ill give you that.
Washed up.

blackjack_119
08-01-2008, 04:12 PM
The Bulls have the brighter future...They are the yongest team in the league if I'm not mistaken. Rose, Deng, Thomas, and maybe Gordon is a pretty good young nucleus to build around. Plus some large expiring contracts that they can use on a superstar (Keep your dirty paws off Wade) and they're competing for titles in just a few years.

The Blazers are the youngest team in the league by a long shot. They were the third youngest team in the history of the NBA last year, and this years team is even younger because they added two 19 y/o players and got rid of James Jones, Darius Miles and Jarrett Jack.

I think this year's Blazer team is even younger than the 2000 Baby Bulls making them the second youngest team in the history of the NBA. The Bullets had the youngest team way back in the day.

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
08-01-2008, 04:15 PM
I like the future for the MAgics for sure .. Philly is looking good as long as they hold onto the core.. ( iggy, Young, brand, miller)

But can't go against Dwight.. Hes going to make the MAgics a playoff team every year.. and if they get him a little more help they will be contenders every year.. As long as he stays healthy.. Orlando will benefit much like shaq's teams benefited..All of his teams were good. A dominant big man.. a force on both defense and offense.. is hard to find.. especially that young... Not to mention the kid keeps himself in great shape.

18colts29
08-01-2008, 04:19 PM
Blazers, but from the list its the Magic. Howard is not going anywhere and he is the best player from those 4 teams. I would rather have a dominate player, than 2 or 3 good players. Oh, and they got Lewis for about 5 more years.

Storch
08-01-2008, 04:24 PM
Bulls hands down.

Mile High Champ
08-01-2008, 04:27 PM
I rly dont think he is Top 5 PG.
Great shooter, def dont think he is the best in the league.
Best dunkers? He was a fluke at the Dunk Contest.
Ill give you that.
Washed up.

Agreed, Calderon is not top 5, but he is for sure in the 5-10 spot right now. How is Kaponon not the best shooter in the league? Has led the league the past 3 seasons in 3pt %, not to mention he is the all time leader in nba history for 3pt%. I dont think you give him enough credit as a shooter. Lets finish it up with JO, I personally cant wait for him to destroy Eddy Curry and Zach Randolph, its gonna be great watching him dominate those two awful defensive players. JO had simple surgery in the offseason to repair his meniscus, he will come back at 100%, gurantee from me right here..

grantslammer123
08-01-2008, 04:32 PM
bulls

Goon.Weezy
08-01-2008, 04:33 PM
Raptorssssss

*Superman*
08-01-2008, 04:36 PM
Magic, most dominant big in the NBA, with Rashard, Nelson and Howard locked in long term... and JJ.lol