PDA

View Full Version : D.J. and Tucker.

FreedomReigns
08-01-2008, 02:24 PM
Do you folks think D.J. and Tucker will be brought back next season? Do they have enough upside to warrant devoloping of should they be considered in any potential trade talks?

PhxGiant
08-01-2008, 03:37 PM
I think they deserve to stick around so we can see what they can do with some consistent minutes. But at the same time, if trading one of them would make the team as a whole better, then you'd have to consider it.

king4day
08-01-2008, 05:58 PM
Definently this season of course.
I think this will be the tell tale year for both.
It's unfair that both of them were unable to get enough playing time last season to help us guage them better now.
No matter how u look at it, this season is as much a rookie year for Tucker than anyone else just starting out.

Rome
08-01-2008, 06:18 PM
Without question. Lol they'll get there minutes and a chance to prove themselves. Plus their are only future that we have lol.

FreedomReigns
08-01-2008, 06:41 PM
Im not so sure how to guage the Suns depth chart. With Diaw, Barnes and Hill ahead of Tucker I just don't see any good minutes for him. Will he land in the D-League?

Even if Diaw plays strictly as a backup for Shaq and Amare that still leaves limted touches for Tucker. I'd hate to see him buried on the Suns roster when he could be working at improving his game on the Iowa squad.

Strawberry on the other hand could see good minutes since the lack of depth at both guard positions is pretty much non-exsistant. Most of his minutes will probably come as Nash's backup. Bell and Barbosa should eat up all the minutes at shooting guard. If or when the Suns sign a backup point guard that only leaves Strawberry with around 10 minutes a game playing both the 1 and 2. He'd be better off starting in the D-League as well.

Unfortunatly the Suns, unless they sign a few more players, won't have that luxury. All the Suns inactivity is boring me.

FreedomReigns
08-01-2008, 06:44 PM
Without question. Lol they'll get there minutes and a chance to prove themselves. Plus their are only future that we have lol.

Their future with the Suns only runs through this season. Strawberry is an unrestricted free-agent next year and Tucker has a team option next year. Honestly, D.J. and Tuckers futures don't look to bright right now.

STAT32
08-01-2008, 07:30 PM
I'd hang onto DJ for his defensive abilities alone. Forget the fact that he can't really run the point that well. But i'd trade Tucker in a heartbeat if it landed us a decent player. honestly I just don't see Alando breaking through...

PhxGiant
08-01-2008, 08:26 PM
If it came down to the two, i'd lean more towards keeping DJ. He will be inexpensive to keep, after raja is gone he could be the defensive stopper to make up for LB's lack of D, and i'm confident that not only his PG skills will grow, but his overall game.

SpeedReed
08-01-2008, 08:32 PM
it's all hard to say. tucker seems to do really do well in summer league and d-league, but how will he get minutes with barnes and hill in front of him?

strawberry didn't impress me much in the d-league at all. low stats, and nothing to really show for defense. he will probably see minutes, unless we find a really solid backup pg.

they'll both be gone next season.

Rome
08-01-2008, 08:38 PM
Their future with the Suns only runs through this season. Strawberry is an unrestricted free-agent next year and Tucker has a team option next year. Honestly, D.J. and Tuckers futures don't look to bright right now.

Depends how good they do during the season. I see them both getting a shot at the 2 at least a few times. And you never know, injuries and what not could get Tucker minutes at the 3 and he could be a break out star! Ha

chadillachembre
08-02-2008, 02:24 AM
I dont see Alando Tucker being a good pro. im more thn willing to keep him around to prove me wrong but i think dj strawberry will be a very good player on the raja bell level of play. i see him eventually being a starter with a big role on our team but not an all-star just a player every one would want on there team