PDA

View Full Version : Astros sign Ross Seaton

brandt
08-01-2008, 02:21 PM
Awesome!

http://houston.astros.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080801&content_id=3235469&vkey=news_hou&fext=.jsp&c_id=hou

lilboytwister99
08-01-2008, 04:04 PM
Very good, now we have two prospects we can have hope in one day. This is good now its gonna take time but we need to keep buildin the farm.

astro4life
08-01-2008, 05:05 PM
Great news! Although our farm system is terrible, I think they have done a pretty good job this year with signing the top picks. Hopefully, Wolf and Hawkins will not screw up our position in the very deep 2009 draft.

native_astro
08-01-2008, 09:29 PM
Great news! Although our farm system is terrible, I think they have done a pretty good job this year with signing the top picks. Hopefully, Wolf and Hawkins will not screw up our position in the very deep 2009 draft.

LOL! Yeah no kidding! That would be our luck! Hats off to Bobby Heck and his staff. That is amazing that they have signed 14 of our top 15 picks. If they don't sign Chase Davidson (3rd round pick) I wouldn't be that upset.

Guys like Phil Disher, Thomas Steele, Jack Shuck, David Flores, and Jason Castro are doing really well at Tri City.

Guys like Ebert Rosario, Jose Altuve, and Jordan Lyles are doing really well at Greenville.

A couple more drafts like this and our farm is going to look alot different!

Way to go Bobby Heck! AMAZING JOB! :clap::clap::clap:

astros1981
08-01-2008, 11:51 PM
I like what we did this year with not only drafting some good players,but also signing them.I criticize this organization alot,so I can at least praise them when they do something right.

astro4life
08-02-2008, 02:02 AM
Guys like Phil Disher, Thomas Steele, Jack Shuck, David Flores, and Jason Castro are doing really well at Tri City.

I have liked Steele since the Coral Gables Super Regional against Miami this past year.

I really hope next year we can draft either Stephen Strasburg (San Diego State) or Matt Purke (Klein HS).

Stephen Strasburg = 95-98 mph fastball; tops out at 100 mph
Matt Purke = more raw version of Scott Kazmir

native_astro
08-02-2008, 04:21 PM
I have liked Steele since the Coral Gables Super Regional against Miami this past year.

I really hope next year we can draft either Stephen Strasburg (San Diego State) or Matt Purke (Klein HS).

Stephen Strasburg = 95-98 mph fastball; tops out at 100 mph
Matt Purke = more raw version of Scott Kazmir

I just hope that they go after the best player available! Bobby Heck and his team did a great job this year and hopefully lighting will strike twice.