PDA

View Full Version : Paul Pierce Say's He's The Best Player In The World

rapswin98
08-01-2008, 12:50 PM
HAWTHORNE Paul Pierce said it. He meant it. And he still means it.

The Boston Celtics small forward/guard recently was asked by a Spanish publication whether he thought Kobe Bryant was the best player in the world.

Pierce said no. The NBA Finals MVP called himself the "best player."

He added, "There's a line that separates having confidence and being conceited. I don't cross that line, but I have a lot of confidence in myself."

On Thursday, Pierce stood by his comments, saying he is entitled to his opinion.

"That's what I said. I am a confident player and a lot of people might look at it like 'Oh, another cocky attitude,' but I don't look at it that way," said Pierce, who is in town for his annual youth basketball camp at Hangar Athletic Xchange.

"I have an opinion, I have a right to have one and that's the way I feel. I felt I've played against the best over the years and felt right now that I'm the best player in the world."

Pierce said his comments were not a knock on Bryant, who was named the league MVP. Nor was he saying that Bryant was conceited and he was confident.

"You could have asked me about any other player and I would have given you the same answer," Pierce said.

He added, laughing, "I would have said that (if he thought Bryant was conceited)."

Pierce also maintained that the best team won the NBA title last season. The Celtics defeated the Lakers, winning the best-of-7 series, 4-2.

"I think the Lakers are a great team, but I think they ran into a better team," he said. "They (Lakers) beat the best in all the Western Conference, they had the guy who was named MVP and the best record after the arrival of (Pau) Gasol. But they just ran up against the better team.

"I think they will be a great team next year. Maybe we'll see them back in the Finals."

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/best-pierce-team-2110929-player-bryant

rapswin98
08-01-2008, 12:51 PM
Paul Pierce is talking way too much

Cavs_Fan24
08-01-2008, 12:56 PM
he's probably a top 5 player for sure
Kobe
LeBron
Wade
CP3
Pierce???

mightybosstone
Does anyone else feel like this Boston team is destined to fail this season? Posey's gone, they're all getting older and are more likely to be injured, and Pierce is talking too much... I'm not saying that they won't make the playoffs or anything, but I'm saying I don't know if I see a repeat in their future or that they will even make the finals.

mightybosstone
he's probably a top 5 player for sure
Kobe
LeBron
Wade
CP3
Pierce???

No. No he's not. At all.

Nets fan 93
08-01-2008, 12:58 PM
:laugh: playing with Ray and Kevin was th reason they even made the playoffs... :pity: Kobe at least gets th lakers to the 1st round last year while pierce did jack and they lost 22 staight...
:pity: :pity: :pity:

Corey
08-01-2008, 12:59 PM
He's obviously the best player in the league.

:)

Tblaze
08-01-2008, 01:03 PM
:laugh: playing with Ray and Kevin was th reason they even made the playoffs... :pity: Kobe at least gets th lakers to the 1st round last year while pierce did jack and they lost 22 staight...
:pity: :pity: :pity:

I agree, therefor I honestly think Lebron James is the best player around, who can get his team furthest with least help.

but let's not make this into a who's the best thread, I like how confident Pierce is, but he's not the best. Period.

RapsFan4Life
08-01-2008, 01:03 PM
paul is dumb, KG brought the championship to boston... i hope boston fails this year, and if he is sooooo confident and soooo talented and the best player ... WHERE WERE YOU LAST 8 years !

Shieldsz
08-01-2008, 01:10 PM
Wow PP is a dumbass to say that.

Not even close. He's not even the best player on his own team.. I'll take KG over him any day of the week.

rapswin98
08-01-2008, 01:13 PM
firstly, paul has never led a team by himself to the playoffs like lebron, kobe, wade. how could he say that he's the best player when the reason he was in the finals was because of garnett and allen. don't get me wrong he played amazing in the finals, but what he said was a insult to his team mates. now i hope the celtics fail next year cause of him.

balla4life22
08-01-2008, 01:14 PM
every player should think they're the best. Thats how they made it to the league in the first place.

ee
08-01-2008, 01:17 PM
Does anyone else feel like this Boston team is destined to fail this season? Posey's gone, they're all getting older and are more likely to be injured, and Pierce is talking too much... I'm not saying that they won't make the playoffs or anything, but I'm saying I don't know if I see a repeat in their future or that they will even make the finals.

Don't know, Miami failed when Shaq got old.....If one of the big three miss a major part of the season, they won't do well but the East being so bad, they can still get up to the finals even with just Pierce and KG so we'll see....

rapswin98
08-01-2008, 01:19 PM
every player should think they're the best
yes i understand that but why say it out loud, it just sounds like an insult to other players in the league that are as good as him or better.

Joshtd1
08-01-2008, 01:23 PM
There was already a thread about this..

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252810