PDA

View Full Version : Top 20 Countdown : Numero 6

noturnormalhero
08-01-2008, 09:11 AM
Note: The poll will be put up shortly. Please wait.

Top 20 countdown

We will be counting down the top 20 greatest players in Heat History.
We will have a Poll, and once we determine the top 20 players we will match them with our Heat posters.

List:
1. Dwyane Wade
2. Alonzo Mourning
3. Tim Hardaway
4. Shaquille O'NeaL
5. Glen Rice

THERE IS NO POLL FOR # 5 FOR SIMPLE REASON THAT THE SHAQ AND RICE COUNT WAS CLOSE, SEEMS LOGICAL TO PUT WHOEVER DIDN'T GET # 4 AT THE #5 POSITION. HOPE EVERYONE CAN AGREE WITH THAT.

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE AWAITING THE PSD TOP 20 POSTERS..I WILL BEGIN THAT AS SOON WE ARE DONE WITH THE TOP 20 HERE...UNLESS THE MAJORITY OF YOU VOTE FOR SOMETHING DIFFERENT. PERHAPS A 1-10 HEAT GREATEST OF ALL TIME THEN START 1-10 FOR THE PSD POSTERS. LET ME KNOW KNOW. TRYING TO PLEASE EVERYONE HERE

marlinsfan24
08-01-2008, 09:18 AM
I voted Eddie Jones.

BALLER71
08-01-2008, 09:30 AM
Caron Butler :no:

_Supreme_
08-01-2008, 09:36 AM
We went from #4 to #6?

Or did you put Shaq and Rice at #4 and #5?

I'm fine with that, but technically all the Shaq voters could have gone with someone else at #5 instead of Rice :smoking:

daleja424
08-01-2008, 09:49 AM
gotta be eddie jones 6 then smith 7...IMO...but its definately between the two

noturnormalhero
08-01-2008, 09:52 AM
went with Eddie Jones here..could have gone either way with smith but i went with Jones.

whoever went with Harold Miner here..wow :pity: lol.

and i commented on the top 20 PSD posters on the bottom of this..was hoping for some input..

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-01-2008, 09:54 AM
im going Eddie Jones in this spot

ATX
08-01-2008, 10:15 AM
Ya, it's just got to be Eddie here. Nice new list of Heat players!

noturnormalhero
08-01-2008, 10:19 AM
as of right now looks like it's gonna be Eddie Jones at #6 and Steve Smith at # 7..if that's the case..2morrow we could jump to # 8 already. trying to move this along smoothly and quickly cuz i know people are anxious for the PSD top 20 lol..hope we dont see 1 next to everyone just voting for themselves haha..pesonally off the top of my head..i'd prolly go with

Daleja424 = wade
Baller71 = Zo
ATX/Calex = Timmy/Shaq
Mastermind = Rice
SwaggaIke = eddie jones
_Supreme_ = Steve smith

ATX
08-01-2008, 10:31 AM
as of right now looks like it's gonna be Eddie Jones at #6 and Steve Smith at # 7..if that's the case..2morrow we could jump to # 8 already. trying to move this along smoothly and quickly cuz i know people are anxious for the PSD top 20 lol..hope we dont see 1 next to everyone just voting for themselves haha..pesonally off the top of my head..i'd prolly go with

Daleja424 = wade
Baller71 = Zo
ATX/Calex = Timmy/Shaq
Mastermind = Rice
SwaggaIke = eddie jones
_Supreme_ = Steve smith

A good list of good posters...Don't forget LayZbone and Marlinsfan, they should be towards the top of the list...and what about yourself? You should be up there as well....I understand not wanting to rank yourself though.

noturnormalhero
08-01-2008, 10:34 AM
A good list of good posters...Don't forget LayZbone, he should be towards the top of the list...and what about yourself? You should be up there as well....I understand not wanting to rank yourself though.

layzbone would be up there..i agree. off the top of my head though. with that list he'd prolly go next lol. and yeah . i dont want to rank myself. as long as i make it in the top 20 i'm cool..and if i get Harold Miner..i'm erasing this account lmao

Diehardheatfan
08-01-2008, 11:30 AM
Im going steve smith

greek miami hea
08-01-2008, 11:35 AM
i voted odom

DQL
08-01-2008, 01:06 PM
haslem :D

Coqui77
08-01-2008, 02:00 PM
you guys forget about Mash? he had way more of an impact with the heat than eddie. and i have to disagree with the order. i think it sould be
4. Glen Rice
5. Mashburn
6. C Butler
7. Tricky Smith
8. Shaq O'neal

IRUAM #21
08-01-2008, 02:11 PM
Eddie

Master Mind
08-01-2008, 02:18 PM
EJ, Mash, and Thunder Dan are next in line...

Master Mind
08-01-2008, 02:19 PM

Daleja424 = wade
Baller71 = Zo
ATX/Calex = Timmy/Shaq
Mastermind = Rice
SwaggaIke = eddie jones
_Supreme_ = Steve smith

Rice is cool but I rather be Shaq bro...

ATX
08-01-2008, 02:25 PM
i voted odom

Odom played what, one season for us?...Sure he's a good player, and if he was still on the Heat I would understand him at 5-10, but one year does not constitute being worthy of the top ten in my book. Might as well go with Shawn or Caron then...

noturnormalhero
08-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Rice is cool but I rather be Shaq bro...

man..lol. hope u get Ike Austin now lolol. i put u in the top 6 and ur still hatin..geeez

fins08
08-01-2008, 04:32 PM
miner jk? EJ is good tho. I meant to vote for EJ before my page loaded and it jumps up, confusing, and i voted for miner and didnt pay attention.

HeatBBall
08-01-2008, 04:46 PM
i voted for mashburn.

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-01-2008, 04:48 PM
how does miner get to votes here?:crazy:

greek miami hea
08-01-2008, 05:27 PM
guys we have completely forgoten GARY PAYTON!!!!!!!!!!!!

LayZbone
08-01-2008, 05:32 PM

Daleja424 = wade
Baller71 = Zo
ATX/Calex = Timmy/Shaq
Mastermind = Rice
SwaggaIke = eddie jones
_Supreme_ = Steve smith
nice list. when we do the voting, we'll determine a system....my best guess would be- don't vote for yourself.

Keep in mind: the intelligence of the poster, friendliness (not so much bashing+baiting), activity in the Heat forum, join date, post count, and i'm sure there'll be more criteria to add later. For an early look, I'm gonna group my top posters into tiers:

tier 1
Baller71- thread starter, very active, organized, huge post count, my co-gm for the Heat redraft.
Daleja24- blogger, very intelligent poster, ATH winner.

tier 2 - all of us have varying post counts, but we've been here the same amount of time. tier 2 is comprised of the regulars.
Layzbone
MasterMind
DQL
ATX

tier unknown (should be higher, but aren't as active these days)
_Supreme_, Uchiha, Marlinsfan24, yboord028, ballin23- all have a lot of posts, veterans of these forums, but aren't as active as they used to be in the Heat forums. I'm sure they spend a lot of time in other Miami team forums (marlins), but nonetheless they've proven that they're true Heat fans. Supreme and Marlinsfan could definitely go top 5.

tier 3 - Making a push for top 10.
Mister Freeze- haven't seen him in a while, but great poster.
SwaggaIke-swagga, calex, hero and fins are the next big things. relatively new but very active.
Calex
noturnormalhero
fins08

-

Derick713
dimgim
greek miami hea
kntresistheheat
kswissdaf
MiamiHeat
Gone Guru
twissst89
King Koopa (banned, lol)

fins08
08-01-2008, 05:47 PM
I wanna get that fan voting started because it will take a month to do that and fan voting.

Master Mind
08-01-2008, 05:48 PM
man..lol. hope u get Ike Austin now lolol. i put u in the top 6 and ur still hatin..geeez

I'm not hating i'm just stating who I prefer...Like I said b4, Rice is cool but I rather be Shaq---You could have Rice if you want...Or you could be Matt Geiger :laugh2:

fins08
08-01-2008, 05:48 PM
Smith/mashburn showdown at 7. Loser gets 8?

Master Mind
08-01-2008, 05:51 PM
nice list. when we do the voting, we'll determine a system....my best guess would be- don't vote for yourself.

Keep in mind: the intelligence of the poster, friendliness (not so much bashing+baiting), activity in the Heat forum, join date, post count, and i'm sure there'll be more criteria to add later. For an early look, I'm gonna group my top posters into tiers:

tier 1
Baller71- thread starter, very active, organized, huge post count, my co-gm for the Heat redraft.

tier 2 - all of us have varying post counts, but we've been here the same amount of time. tier 2 is comprised of the regulars.
Layzbone
MasterMind
DQL
ATX

_Supreme_, Uchiha, Marlinsfan24, yboord028, ballin23- all have a lot of posts, veterans of these forums, but aren't as active as they used to be in the Heat forums. I'm sure they spend a lot of time in other Miami team forums (marlins), but nonetheless they've proven that they're true Heat fans. Supreme and Marlinsfan could definitely go top 5.

tier 3 - pretty much fair game from here on out, but i'll list a few.
SwaggaIke
Calex
noturnormalhero
dimgim
greek miami hea
fins08
Derick713
kntresistheheat
kswissdaf
MiamiHeat
Gone Guru
twissst89
King Koopa (banned, lol)

Mister Freeze??

LayZbone
08-01-2008, 05:55 PM
Mister Freeze??

aww man i forgot about him. thanks.

ATX
08-01-2008, 06:25 PM

tier 1

Layzbone
MasterMind
DQL
ATX

Mister Freeze
SwaggaIke
Calex
noturnormalhero
Derick713
dimgim
fins08
-
greek miami hea
kntresistheheat
kswissdaf
MiamiHeat
Gone Guru
twissst89
King Koopa (banned, lol)

Did Koopa really get banned? I always thought he would or should, due to his his extremely foul mouth. Thats really funny to me if true, lol...Anyways, good job layZbone on your synopsis...Your criteria is a great place to start, and I like the tier system. :clap:

noturnormalhero
08-01-2008, 09:00 PM

tier 1

Layzbone
MasterMind
DQL
ATX

Mister Freeze
SwaggaIke
Calex
noturnormalhero
Derick713
dimgim
fins08
-
greek miami hea
kntresistheheat
kswissdaf
MiamiHeat
Gone Guru
twissst89
King Koopa (banned, lol)

:confused: ....not gonna get into this cuz it's gonna make me like like an ***** and seem like a lil kid.but it's amusing to see me in a tier with people who just post..me swagga and calex and even misterfreeze..are above that in my opinion. not gonna sit here listing reasons why i think i should be higher as if i was campaigning for myself but yea..everyone has their own opinon i guess.

MiamiHeat
08-01-2008, 09:08 PM
i voted for EJ

daleja424
08-01-2008, 09:09 PM
you post a lot noturnormalhero... but you are kinda new...but my top 5 would be (excluding myself)

1. Baller71
2. ATX
3. MasterMind
4. LayZbone
5. noturnormalhero

...but there are so many good good posters on here...its almost difficult to rank... thats why I stopped at 5... b/c guys like _Supreme_, Swagga, Calex, Freeze, Twisst, Koopa, Greek, etc are all great great great in this forum...

(gotta show ATX some love at #2 for some great ATH battles last month)

noturnormalhero
08-01-2008, 09:20 PM
you post a lot noturnormalhero... but you are kinda new...but my top 5 would be (excluding myself)

1. Baller71
2. ATX
3. MasterMind
4. LayZbone
5. noturnormalhero

...but there are so many good good posters on here...its almost difficult to rank... thats why I stopped at 5... b/c guys like _Supreme_, Swagga, Calex, Freeze, Twisst, Koopa, Greek, etc are all great great great in this forum...

(gotta show ATX some love at #2 for some great ATH battles last month)

i completely agree with the new ****..my post count is the result of my job being slow at the moment lol. but i dont even consider myself in the top 5 so thanx for putting me there. there is a lot of dope posters on here but some contribute more as far as making threads..announcing info.posting rumors and things of that nature. i KNOW i do more than just post lol. that was my confusion. but like i said earlier, as long im top 20..i'm cool :D depends how people rank it. whether off knowledge, post count, contributing or all.

daleja424
08-01-2008, 09:24 PM
i completely agree with the new ****..my post count is the result of my job being slow at the moment lol. but i dont even consider myself in the top 5 so thanx for putting me there. there is a lot of dope posters on here but some contribute more as far as making threads..announcing info.posting rumors and things of that nature. i KNOW i do more than just post lol. that was my confusion. but like i said earlier, as long im top 20..i'm cool :D depends how people rank it. whether off knowledge, post count, contributing or all.

I put u 5 b/c you keep me entertained when Im bored...:D

fins08
08-01-2008, 09:28 PM
When we start this fan vote? Do we have 20 regular posters here? Who can name em?

daleja424
08-01-2008, 09:29 PM
When we start this fan vote? Do we have 20 regular posters here? Who can name em?

I had a list of I think 32 people with more then 100 posts in the heat forums posted earlier... but it got deleted...

daleja424
08-01-2008, 09:29 PM
heres 29 of them: IN NO ORDER

1. DQL
2. Baller71
3. noturnormalhero
4. twissst89
5. Calex(RR) Mia
6. Delaja424
7. ATX
8. SwaggaIke
9. _ Supreme_
10. Mastermind
11. King Koopa
12. Marlinsfan24
13. Fins08
14. greek mia heat
15. LayZbone
16. kntresistheheat
17. yboord028
18. Jonathan2323
19. Mister Freeze
20. Derick713
21. Miami Megatron
22. JackSplack
23. Diehardheatfan
24. J$mooth 305
25. MiamiHeat
26. Heatbball
27. Mambo Kings
28. NBABALLERHOLLER

fins08
08-01-2008, 09:30 PM
I had a list of I think 32 people with more then 100 posts in the heat forums posted earlier... but it got deleted...

O. I would be happy with a top 20.

fins08
08-01-2008, 09:31 PM
Isn't Rico a Bulls fan?

daleja424
08-01-2008, 09:32 PM
I thought he was too but noturnormalhero wrote him on the list... so im not sure...

fins08
08-01-2008, 09:33 PM
I wish I had a new user name. Because i posted more on Heat forum probably and a little Marlins. I jsut used my ESPN account name

fins08
08-01-2008, 09:34 PM
I can take 13. That would earn me a brain Grant! Anthony Mason to the list? Why not?

daleja424
08-01-2008, 09:35 PM
haha...the list isnt in any order...sorry! Its just numbered to keep track of how many are on the list

fins08
08-01-2008, 09:37 PM
O man. I think I will be put around there maybe.

LayZbone
08-01-2008, 10:50 PM
:confused: ....not gonna get into this cuz it's gonna make me like like an ***** and seem like a lil kid.but it's amusing to see me in a tier with people who just post..me swagga and calex and even misterfreeze..are above that in my opinion. not gonna sit here listing reasons why i think i should be higher as if i was campaigning for myself but yea..everyone has their own opinon i guess.

well i put the "-" afterward to separate you, freeze, swagga, calex, and fins08 from the rest of the posters...i'll label them tier 4 if you want. but like daleja said, you post a lot, and you're a great poster, but you haven't been here as long as some of the others, which factors in a little bit. sorry if my rankings upset you, but i updated it a little. tell me what you think.

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-01-2008, 11:26 PM
im just glad being mentioned in the top 20 :D