PDA

View Full Version : Your "Top 10 All-time Raptors"

raptors_fanatic
08-01-2008, 09:09 AM
Alright...I'm gonna start a countdown/poll over the next couple of days to find out what everyone thinks....about who should be in the "Top 10 Raptors of All-time

PS: plz dont bash pple (cough cough VC) .....im asking who u think deserves to be in this top 10, not who u think doesnt
&&give some reasoning

http://www.logoserver.com/basketball/TorontoRaptors7.GIF

star
08-01-2008, 09:22 AM
it depends on the question though ... and thats the problem

Best raptor PLAYER? (VC)
Best player that was once on the raps? (Hakeem)
Most heart and team dedication? (alvin Williams)
Best in the community (JYD)

... like i said it depends ...

still if i had to pick just one ... Alvin Williams

nstojic
08-01-2008, 09:24 AM
love'em or hate'em (i hate'em) VC put the raps on the map... his first 3-4 yrs here were electric...

nstojic
08-01-2008, 09:26 AM
it depends on the question though ... and thats the problem

Best raptor PLAYER? (VC)
Best player that was once on the raps? (Hakeem)
Most heart and team dedication? (alvin Williams)
Best in the community (JYD)

... like i said it depends ...

still if i had to pick just one ... Alvin Williams

i would think it's just best player during their raps tenure

pebloemer
08-01-2008, 09:28 AM
Can we clarify it as best player during their time on the Raps then? I assume that is what is meant, otherwise Hakeem and Chauncey would be on the poll.

pebloemer
08-01-2008, 09:30 AM
I voted for Vince. He was still the only leader to get us past the first round of the playoffs. In spite of how things ended, Vince is still the player that impacted the Toronto Raptors on the court the most. Chris Bosh will surpass Vince's accomplishments over the next couple years I hope but for now it remains Vince.

nstojic
08-01-2008, 09:38 AM
hey, even though he never played... if it WAS best player ever, regardless of raps tenure, would you anyone put ZO on the list? just curious

JermanJaysFan
08-01-2008, 09:46 AM
hey, even though he never played... if it WAS best player ever, regardless of raps tenure, would you anyone put ZO on the list? just curious

He might be on the list, but I would no doubt at all put Hakeem ahead of him by a fairly large margin.

AntwanN21
08-01-2008, 10:05 AM
bosh in my opinion is gonna go down as one of the greatest raps and potentially jose calderon and hopefulyl Andrea!

lol IMO Charlie V was one of my favorutie raptors the one year we had him and his 49 pints vs the bucks!

nstojic
08-01-2008, 10:14 AM
He might be on the list, but I would no doubt at all put Hakeem ahead of him by a fairly large margin.

no doubt! that's when i started watching ball, those two championships with the dream, clyde, kenny smith, vernon maxwell, robert horry(guy's still winning titles!), sam cassell... after that jordan returned and i followed the bulls till he left and then, on to the raps... still followed the raps during the bulls 72-10 but not that much, c'mon, the bulls were 72 and ****ing 10!!!! still remember the expansion raps being one of the 10 losses for the bulls that year.. what a game!!!!

Mile High Champ
08-01-2008, 10:45 AM
if we are going best raps all time, like to ever put on a jersey, its Hakeem. If we are talking best raptor player we have ever had on the court at that time, its VC, has to be, he put us on the map as many of you have said..

ink
08-01-2008, 12:01 PM
Bosh's greatness is magnified by the fact that he's not a jerk. So I vote emphatically for Bosh.

Ramon Nivar
08-01-2008, 12:04 PM
Vince Carter is, Chris Bosh will be.

nstojic
08-01-2008, 12:23 PM
Bosh's greatness is magnified by the fact that he's not a jerk. So I vote emphatically for Bosh.

i agree but on the court it comes down to stats and wins and you can't argue with what VC did ON the court during his raps years, even if he was halfassing it..

ink
08-01-2008, 12:26 PM
i agree but on the court it comes down to stats and wins and you can't argue with what VC did ON the court during his raps years, even if he was halfassing it..

Well, that's what I mean. The half-assing eliminates him from contention in my books. He has some very hollow stats when you consider he has the heart of a doormouse, when a leader needs the heart of a lion. And let's be honest, these players are not that great. I'm hoping that in 10-15 years there will be some truly great players on this list to vote for as best in franchise history.

mjt20mik
08-01-2008, 12:27 PM
VC put the Raptors on the chart. So my vote goes to him.

nstojic
08-01-2008, 12:28 PM
^^ i totally agree on bosh, TS should have clarified a bit as to the criteria

also, i think VC would have been great if his knees never bailed...

Master P
08-01-2008, 06:12 PM
if is who is the best player to ever wear a raptor uniform then the list goes: hakeem, vince, oneal (soon to be), tmac, bosh.

if it goes by who is the best actual raptor over the course of a season: vince, bosh, davis, damon, calderon

this is an undisputable list. that's right i said that. the top goes by highest mvp ranking achieved; while the bottom does the same and then all-star achievement. i do hate antonio davis though...but the ****er had a great year and started in the all-star game (as a sub, mutumbo or something was injured).

Goon.Weezy
08-01-2008, 07:30 PM
Mo Petee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His Was And Will Always Be Everyones Favourite Raptor

travesy3
08-01-2008, 08:19 PM
Vince hands down for me at least.

He was basketball in this town, the team stabbed him in the back just as much, he requested an interview at least for Ewing, he got to Toronto, never set foot on ACC grounds.

He took us on the most exciting rides in Toronto Raptors history. As much as I love CB4, Vince, at his fullest, was a top player in the NBA, who was able to do things very few players could.

That series vs the Sixers, is what sets him apart for me, he was able to literally win games on his own, it was AI vs VC out there, and that is something, I don't think Bosh ever will do.(Even though VC lost it was still amazing)

nstojic
08-01-2008, 09:43 PM
Mo Petee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His Was And Will Always Be Everyones Favourite Raptor

speak for yourself, not everyone

i'll never understand the fascination with this guy, i've said it on here before and i'll say it again, **** morris peterson, to each his own

raptors_fanatic
08-01-2008, 10:27 PM
K srry, i should've made it clearer.....best player as a raptor....during their time as a raptor....so thats y i never put hakeem or zo on the list....

ShaunRiching9
08-01-2008, 11:27 PM
i hope bosh is raptor beyond 2010 or we might have a little problem

Goon.Weezy
08-01-2008, 11:56 PM
Mooooooooooo-pettttttttteeeee

Dragan
08-02-2008, 01:18 AM
in terms of skill Carter hands down. and in terms of compleet player Bosh.

Carter wins here because he got us on the nba map plus MLSE bought us after carter became a raptor and not before, so you can argue they bought the raptors beause they saw the potential in him and the raptors because of him.

boston08champs
08-02-2008, 12:31 PM
VC all day

nstojic
08-02-2008, 03:10 PM
who picked rose????

_Sn1P3r_
08-02-2008, 04:40 PM
bosh in my opinion is gonna go down as one of the greatest raps and potentially jose calderon and hopefulyl Andrea!

lol IMO Charlie V was one of my favorutie raptors the one year we had him and his 49 pints vs the bucks!

48 points.

And greatest ever Raptor meaning how he played as a Raptor IMO is still VC.

reevanson
08-03-2008, 05:00 AM
whoever voted jalen rose needs to be taken out back and shot!

VC is all the way, even though he has turned into public enemy #1. He was the one to make the raptors legit, when he left they lost all crediblity, now colangelo and bosh have finally brought it back.

star
08-04-2008, 09:41 AM
if is who is the best player to ever wear a raptor uniform then the list goes: hakeem, vince, oneal (soon to be), tmac, bosh.

if it goes by who is the best actual raptor over the course of a season: vince, bosh, davis, damon, calderon

this is an undisputable list. that's right i said that. the top goes by highest mvp ranking achieved; while the bottom does the same and then all-star achievement. i do hate antonio davis though...but the ****er had a great year and started in the all-star game (as a sub, mutumbo or something was injured).

indisputable? - have you heard of a guy named chauncey billups? i guess championship rings dont matter to you? ....

Dragan
08-04-2008, 12:02 PM
^^^^
how can players be called the greatest ever when they did not even play a full season, makes no sence. In terms of skill VC was the greatest Raptor. He is also the greatest Raptor in terms of scoring contribution.