PDA

View Full Version : Raps fans, give your support!

Mile High Champ
08-01-2008, 08:39 AM
I have been doing an ongoing series to find the top 10 pg's in the league. We are now up to the 6th best pg in the league. Noticed not many raps fans posting on the thread so wanted to encourage you to vote, maybe for Calderon or whoever. Thanks..

Cheers

Thread is in the nba forum, its called

#6 PG In the Game Today

nstojic
08-01-2008, 09:01 AM
can't support it... i was in on this 'top 10 pg' thread a week ago and people were putting harris, bibby, felton, rondo ahead of calderon, i got into it with some guy who was convinced harris was waaay better than calderon... i'm not being a homer but calderon is 5-7th on my top 10...

Mile High Champ
08-01-2008, 09:57 AM
Its just a vote to determine the top 10 pg's. Dont just walk away from it, Calderon and others could use some support..

nstojic
08-01-2008, 10:16 AM
fine mile high, fine! for calllllderrrrron!!!!

nstojic
08-01-2008, 10:18 AM
hey, i went over and voted but he's in tough against an aging Kidd, Billups, and arenas, who i feel is just a SG in a PG body...

Mile High Champ
08-01-2008, 10:38 AM
hey, i went over and voted but he's in tough against an aging Kidd, Billups, and arenas, who i feel is just a SG in a PG body...

Yeah thanks for the raps love.. haha Yeah yeah I had to include them or the arenas fans would go insane. I personally would vote for either Kidd, Chauncey or Calderon.. Arenas aint even in my top 10 I dont think.

nstojic
08-01-2008, 10:50 AM
Yeah thanks for the raps love.. haha Yeah yeah I had to include them or the arenas fans would go insane. I personally would vote for either Kidd, Chauncey or Calderon.. Arenas aint even in my top 10 I dont think.

yah, kidd's a HOF'er but he is declining.. that said, kidd's declining play is still better than 80% of the leagues PG's best play so take that for what it's worth... billups is solid at 6.. some like him at 5 or higher... he's clutch too and on a different team, one where he'd be required to score more, i'd group him with arenas and wouldn't rate him as high but i think playing in detroit keeps him in check and playing more like a PG than a SG... and agent-whatever-the **** his name is, is a joke.. sure, calderon could score 25-30 a game too if he hogged the ball and took 20-25 shots a game, given that he shoots a higher % than arenas... so, for me it's a toss up at 6 between calderon and billups and i'll be a homer in that case and support calderon.. plus, after this upcoming season i think calderon will put him self at the top of that second tier after paul, williams, nash... who knows, maybe in a year or two, with nash getting older, calderon can slip into 3 or 4...

ink
08-01-2008, 12:00 PM
Hope you guys aren't too disappointed in Calderon this year. The expectations I see are really high. IMO Calderon is just top 10 and that's fine.

nstojic
08-01-2008, 12:25 PM
calderon will get a bit better and hey, may even avg a double-double but i'm not disillusioned and he'll never be as complete as Dwill, CP3, nash, kidd but i do think he can be as good as a parker...

Mile High Champ
08-05-2008, 09:17 AM
Well here is your chance to make him top 10. The 7th poll is up, go vote for who you think is most deserving. This time around it came down to billups and calderon for me. Go make your vote at the poll in the nba forum.

cdnsportsfan
08-05-2008, 12:13 PM
It would be nice to see Calderon getting more respect around the league but it won't happen until he does it as a starer. I think he's top 10 personally, not sure where he falls within that ranking but y'know I'd actually prefer him to come in underrated and prove everyone wrong. Nothing's better than saying "I told you so" on forums like these anyways :cool::D

AgentViet
08-05-2008, 12:17 PM
Right now, Calderon's the 8th best PG in the league in my mind. Of course all the Sixer fans and Arenas homers will push him down to 10th. I really see 15-10 from him next season and maybe he'll get more respect then. He could be a top 5 PG soon with Billups, Nash and Kidd aging, he'll be up there after Paul, Williams, Davis and Parker.

Mile High Champ
08-06-2008, 08:40 AM
Well guys the #8 pg is up and I think it is going to be between Arenas and Calderon. Make your votes count! Thanks.

Mile High Champ
08-06-2008, 03:44 PM
Calderon is losing the poll, he could use some help...

Mile High Champ
08-07-2008, 07:23 AM
Andre Miller and Jose Calderon are neck and neck for the 9th best pg. Make your votes count and get Jose that spot.