PDA

View Full Version : U.S.A vs Lithuania

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-01-2008, 07:54 AM
Team U.S.A plays Lithuania today at 8 am

I expect to see better D then last game
And hopefully Wade keeps playing at the high level that he's been playing at

But at the end of it all, should be an exciting game I hope U.S pounds them like they did to Canada Lol

MiamiHeat
08-01-2008, 07:59 AM
yes is about to start right now, damn waking up at 8am 2nd straight day :p

MiamiHeat
08-01-2008, 08:03 AM
wow check those Lithuania players names

heatbb
08-01-2008, 08:26 AM
omg, wade's block was just amazing. came out of nowhere.

Good morning for those, who are waking just now btw. ;)

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-01-2008, 09:01 AM
omg, wade's block was just amazing. came out of nowhere.

Good morning for those, who are waking just now btw. ;)

yea that block was nasty that guy should be embarrassed lmao

I really hate getting up at this time tho...

noturnormalhero
08-01-2008, 09:03 AM
the defense is definitely better for the U.S. today. more aggressive and not allowing the pick and rolls to come off so smoothly. They are unstoppable on fast break and open floor situations which they got quick a few of those early in the game off steals. Half court offense looked better today than yesterday in my opinion. Once Lithuana went into a zone defense it kinda caught the U.S. off guard and took us a few posessions to adjust to it.

Wade still looks very good. Unselfish with the ball and strong moves to the basket. Good passing, good defense and as someone mentioned, amazing block down low on the help side defense. definitely looking strong,poised and determined.

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-01-2008, 09:39 AM
the pick and roll killed u.s in the start of the third but they adjusted and went from a 9 point lead at one point in the quarter to a lead in the twenties

As far as how Wade is playing he seems to be a spark for u.s.
everytime he comes in they go on a nice run

daleja424
08-01-2008, 09:40 AM
d wade is on fire

daleja424
08-01-2008, 09:42 AM
holy **** did you just see the windmill alley oop by wade

fairandbalanced
08-01-2008, 09:45 AM
wtf was that?
Whew......I am not sure I have seen that kinda dunk before.

daleja424
08-01-2008, 09:46 AM
thaty was disgusting! i wanna see replays

daleja424
08-01-2008, 09:47 AM
haha...they are making fun of redd badddd! haha

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-01-2008, 09:49 AM
Wades allay oop has got to be one of the if not the best ive ever seen that was so sick!!

daleja424
08-01-2008, 09:50 AM
Wades allay oop has got to be one of the if not the best ive ever seen that was so sick!!

I know...disgusting!

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-01-2008, 09:52 AM
lmao those announces are funny as hell!

daleja424
08-01-2008, 09:52 AM
its funnny that wade has had the play of the game 3 straight games... and omg the shooting is there, the blocks are there, the crossover is back. This guy is sickkkkk! Heat are gunna run the east!

noturnormalhero
08-01-2008, 09:56 AM
DAMN @ the alley oop dunk by wade. havent seen that in a while. a windmill of an alley. LOL @ michael redd's dunk. horrible looking dunk. should have spotted up for a J on that fast break like Billups would have done

daleja424
08-01-2008, 09:58 AM
man prince is really bad...why is he on this team? he cant shoot very well and he doesnt bring much. why not have chandler?

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-01-2008, 10:02 AM
I really think that Wade can win MVP this season.

He has been playing amazing redds dunk was bad lmao even CP3s dunk looked better than his

daleja424
08-01-2008, 10:04 AM
ya...bron was making fun of redd bad!!!

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-01-2008, 10:05 AM
yea i saw it on the bench lmao

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-01-2008, 10:07 AM
i know this is off topic but why are the jerseys so tight?! D12 looks like he is one flex away from ripping his jersey!

that being said i love how the jerseys look on the back

MiamiHeat
yea lol @ redd's dunk,
but wow 3 straight play of the game by wade,
he had 19points i believe, and what a sick dunk
windmill alleyoop i never seen that before
wade has to be the player of the game

noturnormalhero
i was thinkin the same thing about prince. he usually does look sluggish but now more than ever imo lol. was hoping for Chandler too. glad someone else is on the same page with me. REALLY wish Amare would have stayed on the team. Kidd/Kobe/Bron/Amare/Dwight = Gold. reminds me kenny bania from seinfeld.."that's gold jerry! gold!"

daleja424
08-01-2008, 10:09 AM
yea lol @ redd's dunk,
but wow 3 straight play of the game by wade,
he had 19points i believe, and what a sick dunk
windmill alleyoop i never seen that before
wade has to be the player of the game

wade is cutting edge. we didnt see anything last year...but if you think back to a couple years ago, every game wade did something incredible that no one had seen b4...and hes back to doing that now.

and that block was disgusting!

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-01-2008, 10:09 AM
^^ i was thinking the same about Amare!

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-01-2008, 10:10 AM
wade is cutting edge. we didnt see anything last year...but if you think back to a couple years ago, every game wade did something incredible that no one had seen b4...and hes back to doing that now.

and that block was disgusting!

the whole east is looking going NO!!!!!!!! lmao :clap:

daleja424
08-01-2008, 10:10 AM
i was thinkin the same thing about prince. he usually does look sluggish but now more than ever imo lol. was hoping for Chandler too. glad someone else is on the same page with me. REALLY wish Amare would have stayed on the team. Kidd/Kobe/Bron/Amare/Dwight = Gold. reminds me kenny bania from seinfeld.."that's gold jerry! gold!"

screw kiddd...

should been:

Paul/Kobe/Bron/Amare/Dwight ----> Williams/Wade/Melo/Bosh/Chandler ----> Kidd/Redd

fairandbalanced
08-01-2008, 10:12 AM
it's just a game versus Lithuania people, Olympics have not even started yet. Don't get ahead of yourselves.

noturnormalhero
08-01-2008, 10:12 AM
i'm glad Wade is back. i have his red,white,and black jerseys from the Heat and i recently ordered the U.S.A. one too lol. Glad he's doing good or i would have felt dumb having all those jerseys. Was SLIGHTLY worried with his injuries but now i'm perfectly fine :clap::clap::clap:

noturnormalhero
08-01-2008, 10:14 AM
it's just a game versus Lithuania people, Olympics have not even started yet. Don't get ahead of yourselves.

Ok, Lithuania has a good chance of getting into a Gold Medal game. Not like we played Cuba in basketball lol. I do get your point but this was a good quality team and this by far was our best overall game ..IMO at least

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-01-2008, 10:17 AM

Lithuania is a pretty good team that are expected to make some noise in the Olympics

so enjoy the win :D

daleja424
08-01-2008, 10:20 AM

They are ranked #5 in the world and will probably be the second best team in their group (behind Argentina, but ahead of China)...and they played to win

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-01-2008, 10:28 AM
They are ranked #5 in the world and will probably be the second best team in their group (behind Argentina, but ahead of China)...and they played to win

nice post :clap:

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-01-2008, 10:51 AM
i really enjoy watching the games especially with the chemisty and bond that has shown with the players i really think that there is no way we dont get gold this year

greek miami hea
08-01-2008, 11:31 AM
wich are the top 5 national teams in the world?????this is my list
1usa
2greece
3spain
4argetina
5lithuania

spain=rubbish.u know the referees were always favoring spain!!!!!!!!so i dislike them a lot!!!!!!!!and for those who think that spain should be the 2nd and greece should be the 3rd i am saying that the whole world can see that the referees always are favoring spain....and 4 those who are going to tell that spian has some nbaers i am going to say this{:spannoulis,diamantidis,papaloukas,schortsian itis,gluniadakis,fotsis,koufos....some of them had a great offers and some of them played for a short time....but u see its all about chemistry and i think that we have a better chemistry than spain!!!!!!!!!! my mettals predictions
1usa
2greece
3argetina or spain
usa will win greece for about15 points in the finals and for 10-12 points in the first game!!!!!!!!

SwaggaIke
08-01-2008, 11:45 AM
Greece plays great team ball. And they have that fat dude that really plugs up the middle and uses his gerth. I remember him well.

greek miami hea
08-01-2008, 12:05 PM
Its Scortsianitis.la Clippers Wanted Him The Least Season

noturnormalhero
08-01-2008, 12:11 PM
Its Scortsianitis.la Clippers Wanted Him The Least Season

hope u watch the game alone..cant imagine u being in greece clapping when Wade scores when we play Greece lol

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-01-2008, 12:12 PM
hope u watch the game alone..cant imagine u being in greece clapping when Wade scores when we play Greece lol

lmao :laugh2:

fairandbalanced
08-01-2008, 12:52 PM
:pity:

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-02-2008, 03:11 AM
highlights of the game for those who missed it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLPYsfEI8BY

better look at Wade's insane allay oop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDtsorlVkMk

Rolla
08-02-2008, 09:59 AM
Wade has his launching pad back!!! hes looking like he did in 06. I know its way too early but MVP STATUS!!!

greek miami hea
08-02-2008, 10:08 AM

actually i will!!!!!!!!!!!!wade is my favorite player in the universe,so i will!!!!!!!!!!!!

actually i support greece and wade(usa)

DQL
08-02-2008, 12:51 PM
3 for 3 from 3pt line. He must have been working really hard on his 3pt shooting. Insane drives plus outside shooting. He's back. Watch out Kobe

daleja424
08-02-2008, 12:54 PM
3 for 3 from 3pt line. He must have been working really hard on his 3pt shooting. Insane drives plus outside shooting. He's back. Watch out Kobe

they arent REAL 3's though...

DQL
08-02-2008, 01:08 PM
they arent REAL 3's though...

what you mean? I watched neither the game nor the highlight. I just checked out the box score and I saw Wade was 3-3 in 3pt category

daleja424
08-02-2008, 01:12 PM
The FIBA 3-pointed is like 3 feet closer. Its more like a top of the key shot for wade and them. As a matter of fact Michael Redd said that the international 3-pointers are an arm shot and he doesnt even need to jump...

DQL
08-02-2008, 01:21 PM
The FIBA 3-pointed is like 3 feet closer. Its more like a top of the key shot for wade and them. As a matter of fact Michael Redd said that the international 3-pointers are an arm shot and he doesnt even need to jump...

oh I forgot about that :crazy: thanks for the explanation

daleja424
08-02-2008, 01:23 PM
oh I forgot about that :crazy: thanks for the explanation

its still good shooting fro outside... I just wouldnt expect wade to come in and start nailing NBA three's is all...

DQL
08-02-2008, 01:37 PM
its still good shooting fro outside... I just wouldnt expect wade to come in and start nailing NBA three's is all...

actually before he was shut down he had shot pretty high pct. Hopefully after summer training he will be a consistent outside shooter

daleja424
08-02-2008, 01:40 PM
actually before he was shut down he had shot pretty high pct. Hopefully after summer training he will be a consistent outside shooter

I hope your right...but I dont want him to turn into VC though. He needs to keep attacking to be the wade we know...

Master Mind
08-02-2008, 02:39 PM
I never thought Wade's outside shot was bad--at all...It wasn't like he was putting up air balls, he just needed to polish it up and by golly he looks like he's been working on it day and night even in his sleep...The guy looks lethal...Move over Danny Glover and Mel Gibson, D-Wade is back!!!!...

SwaggaIke
08-02-2008, 03:38 PM
I just read a Chris Sheridan article that said D Wade has been working on his catch and shoot game. And I thought the line was only 2 feet in? Anyway, he will come back shooting the three at a career high percentage.

daleja424
08-02-2008, 03:43 PM
nevermind

SwaggaIke
08-02-2008, 04:02 PM
I don't mean like 40%. But a decent percentage like 35 w/ a few more attempts. I definitely don't expect him to shoot like Kobe over night.

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-02-2008, 07:07 PM
If Wade gets a consistent NBA 3... he's going to be unstoppable! :box:

Players that have to guard him = :surrender: lmao

Rolla
08-02-2008, 08:53 PM
If Wade gets a consistent NBA 3... he's going to be unstoppable! :box:

Players that have to guard him = :surrender: lmao

Agreed. its realy the only aspect of his game that needs more work. i think he has improved it a lot and we will see some of it this season:clap:

daleja424
08-02-2008, 08:57 PM
I kinda dont want him to learn a 3. I am afraid he will fall lin love with it and end up like Carter... or eve lebron. Lebron could get to the rim on every play and score 50 ppg if he wanted...but instead he shoots a bunch of 3's...

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-02-2008, 09:02 PM
I kinda dont want him to learn a 3. I am afraid he will fall lin love with it and end up like Carter... or eve lebron. Lebron could get to the rim on every play and score 50 ppg if he wanted...but instead he shoots a bunch of 3's...

i see wat you mean...

so rephrase wat i said... i hope Wade develops a three but dosent settle for taking it :D

daleja424
08-02-2008, 09:07 PM
i see wat you mean...

so rephrase wat i said... i hope Wade develops a three but dosent settle for taking it :D

:nod::nod::nod:

LayZbone
08-02-2008, 09:40 PM
A 3-point game would add another great weapon to Wade's arsenal, but like you guys said, i don't want him to become dependent on it.

DQL
08-02-2008, 10:18 PM
I want him to be able to hit open 3s but definitely not shoot over the defenders at will like Kobe

greek miami hea
08-03-2008, 04:40 AM
I want him to be able to hit open 3s but definitely not shoot over the defenders at will like Kobe

i hope that too!!!!!!!!!!!

SwaggaIke
08-03-2008, 08:03 PM
As clutch as D Wade is, what if we're down 3 points and we need to win the game? We can't depend on our best player to consistently knock down 3 point game winners. Vince is too old to take the beating of driving to the rack every time. LeBron is only 23 and 2 years away from playing prime basketball. His killer instinct is still developing. D Wade can be like Kobe. Someone who is dangerous both shooting and off the dribble. Taking the opportune three and hitting it at a reasonably high percentage. Dwyane needs to add the three to his arsenal this season. He's going into his 6th season, the time has come. Yes he has hit clutch 3's and yes he is supremely clutch. But he can't withstand the beating of driving most of the time his entire career. Its time to add the final facet to his game. Time to be one of the most dangerous players from any spot on the floor legitimately. You can see him making strides to do that. And I believe the three will be a great addition to his game. I don't believe he will fall in love w/ it.