PDA

View Full Version : Predictions...

dark_angel#8
08-01-2008, 02:53 AM
In your thoughts and Ideas... with our young talented players today, who do you think will be a superstar in the future some one with the caliber and the fame that MJ, kobe, magic, dr. j and so on has achieve?....
please explain your opinions..

I didn't want to put up a poll becoz they're are many ideas,thoughts and opinions out there... so any one can be the one...

I'll start...

for me It will be chris paul and derron williams It's becoz of the impact that they brought to their teams when they arrive in their team...
bought hornets and jazz become a team to beat...

Crunchy12489
08-01-2008, 02:57 AM
I agree Chris Paul and Deron Williams are going to go at it and they will be keys to their team's success...

I say a player like J.R. Smith will develop into an All-Star when most of the 96-98 draft classes retire.

greek miami hea
08-01-2008, 03:24 AM
michael beasley(lebron/carmello)
derrick rose(kid)
mario chalmers
oj mayo
daniel gibson
monta ellis
dorel wright
daequan cook
bayless
wrestblook
jr smith
josh smith
josh childress(he will be back from greece more improved)
rudd gay
gerald green
brook lopez
kostas koufos
joe alexander
and a lot of others:clap:

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-01-2008, 04:00 AM
derrick rose(kid)
mario chalmers
oj mayo
daniel gibson
monta ellis
dorel wright
daequan cook
bayless
wrestblook
jr smith
josh smith
rudd gay
gerald green
brook lopez
kostas koufos
joe alexander

i agree with some of the players on this list not all

Crunchy12489
08-01-2008, 04:04 AM
derrick rose(kid)
mario chalmers
oj mayo
daniel gibson
monta ellis
dorel wright
daequan cook
bayless
wrestblook
jr smith
josh smith
rudd gay
gerald green
brook lopez
kostas koufos
joe alexander

The players in bold will not be the next "Melo/Wade/LeBron/Dwight Howard/etc.." in my opinion. They won't become all-stars.

SHONIE
08-01-2008, 09:39 AM
The players in bold will not be the next "Melo/Wade/LeBron/Dwight Howard/etc.." in my opinion. They won't become all-stars.

I don't think you can already be looking for the next Melo/Wade/Lebron/Dwight

Those guys are all still really young and I would include all of them in my response to this thread, along with Paul, Dwill, Bosh, etc.

mightybosstone
08-01-2008, 12:04 PM
I'll make a bold prediction here and say that Lebron will win AT LEAST 3 championships in his career. It took Michael 6 or 7 seasons to finally win his first trophy and Lebron's already taken his team there and he's only 23 years old! If Cleveland ever finds a way to get him that second scorer, the Cavs could be unstoppable for a decade (assuming he doesn't end up signing somewhere else when his contract is up in 2 seasons). In fact, I actually think Cleveland (regardless of whether or not they sign anybody big) will be the Eastern Conference representative in the finals again this season.

Another prediction.... Wade will never win another championship and Melo won't ever even come close.

Deron and Paul will spark one of the most storied rivalries in NBA's history and be the 2 most dominant PGs in the NBA for more than a decade.

I do NOT think that all of these young franchises (Portland, Minnesota, Memphis) will be as good in 5 years as everyone says, because even if every single young player on those teams turns into a superstar (which won't happen), then those franchises will start having serious cap issues and will start to lose them one by one.

Oh.... and Kevin Durant will end up being 10x the player Greg Oden will...

MoJay
08-01-2008, 12:19 PM
I can guarantee that Durant won't be 10x the player that Oden will be

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-01-2008, 12:25 PM
Beasley will be a force along with Wade

mightybosstone
08-01-2008, 12:25 PM
I can guarantee that Durant won't be 10x the player that Oden will be

How can you guarantee that when the guy has yet to set foot in an NBA game? I think injuries will plague his career and I think he won't be as dominant offensively or defensively as he was in college. Durant, meanwhile, will probably lead the league in scoring in 2 or 3 years...

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-01-2008, 12:27 PM
I'll make a bold prediction here and say that Lebron will win AT LEAST 3 championships in his career. It took Michael 6 or 7 seasons to finally win his first trophy and Lebron's already taken his team there and he's only 23 years old! If Cleveland ever finds a way to get him that second scorer, the Cavs could be unstoppable for a decade (assuming he doesn't end up signing somewhere else when his contract is up in 2 seasons). In fact, I actually think Cleveland (regardless of whether or not they sign anybody big) will be the Eastern Conference representative in the finals again this season.

Another prediction.... Wade will never win another championship and Melo won't ever even come close.

Deron and Paul will spark one of the most storied rivalries in NBA's history and be the 2 most dominant PGs in the NBA for more than a decade.

I do NOT think that all of these young franchises (Portland, Minnesota, Memphis) will be as good in 5 years as everyone says, because even if every single young player on those teams turns into a superstar (which won't happen), then those franchises will start having serious cap issues and will start to lose them one by one.

Oh.... and Kevin Durant will end up being 10x the player Greg Oden will...

u got a reason or its just a guess?

mightybosstone
08-01-2008, 12:31 PM
u got a reason or its just a guess?

Honestly, I think that Miami set that team up to fail. Even if Beasley ends up being really good, I don't know if two players are enough to get a team to a championship anymore. Also consider all the injuries Wade is dealing with this early on his career. If this keeps up, he'll never be healthy and his teams will always have to struggle through it. In the end, I think they'll constantly be fighting an uphill battle against better teams in the East (Lebron will always get the best of him) and eventually he'll probably move to another team, but it will be too late in his career for him to have that same kind of impact that he could have right now in his prime.

Also, I'm completely guessing.... championships are either dominated by dynasties or are a complete crapshoot.

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-01-2008, 12:34 PM
Wade is healthy this season and is looking great with u.s so health wont be a problem. the heat will also have cap room in 2010 to re sign Wade and add another key player. i think Wade wins ATLEAST one more

mightybosstone
08-01-2008, 12:43 PM
Wade is healthy this season and is looking great with u.s so health wont be a problem. the heat will also have cap room in 2010 to re sign Wade and add another key player. i think Wade wins ATLEAST one more

That depends on a LOT of other things, though. Like, if Beasley can be as good as expected and how the rest of the East (which is improving in a hurry) looks. Right now, I don't even think the Heat are a playoff team in the East, with or without a healthy Wade. If he's gonna win another finals, he's got a LONG way to go from right now.

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-01-2008, 12:47 PM
That depends on a LOT of other things, though. Like, if Beasley can be as good as expected and how the rest of the East (which is improving in a hurry) looks. Right now, I don't even think the Heat are a playoff team in the East, with or without a healthy Wade. If he's gonna win another finals, he's got a LONG way to go from right now.

never said it was soon lol i just cant see him going w/o winning again :D

fairandbalanced
08-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Wade would easilly win a Championship with the right players.........you never know. If I was guessing, i'll say paul Pierce or Kg will never win a chmapionship because I will be analysing them, with the team around them at the time.

mightybosstone
08-01-2008, 12:52 PM
Wade would easilly win a Championship with the right players.........you never know. If I was guessing, i'll say paul Pierce or Kg will never win a chmapionship because I will be analysing them, with the team around them at the time.

Huh? :shrug: Do you mean before the deals were made that brought KG and Allen to Boston? Or do you mean that Boston won't win another championship? I don't understand what this post is saying...

And you're right about it being the right players and, right now, Wade doesn't have them. Boston this last season is a rarity. It almost never happens that you can trade to get that many superstars on the same team and still have decent players at other positions....