PDA

View Full Version : Felipe Lopez to be released

ChiTownsFinest
08-01-2008, 12:48 AM
The Nationals have decided to release both Felipe Lopez and Paul Lo Duca and replace them with Emilio Bonifacio and Elijah Dukes.

Neither veteran could bring back a prospect before the deadline, so the Nats will cut ties now. They'll likely make Ronnie Belliard their primary first baseman, with Bonifacio taking over at second. Dukes should get most of the playing time in left, with Willie Harris moving around the outfield. Bonifacio and Dukes should both be worth using in NL-only leagues. Jul. 31

-rotoworld

is this someone we should maybe take a look at?

pooriejay
08-01-2008, 12:53 AM
No.

Muttman73
08-01-2008, 03:25 AM
Felipe Lopez maybe as a "utility" type palyer, but where would we put him. According to the Trib the SOX are not making any roster moves until September.

Sox Appeal
08-01-2008, 07:22 AM
It would really surprise me if we made a play for Felipe Lopez. We already have a good utility player in Uribe, and adding Lopez could be a waste of a roster spot.

WhiteSoxLifer
08-01-2008, 09:39 AM
Ive always liked him. He could add some speed off the bench, bunt people over, and i believe he's a switch hitter which would be good for match ups. Wouldn't want to see Wise or Anderson leave, however. Swapping Uribe for him would be a defensive downgrade however.

sager729
08-01-2008, 11:16 AM
Yeah there is no room for him on this team, he gets a no.

m2j3
08-02-2008, 02:57 PM
He's gone. It doesn't really surprise me though. While some fans are going to be a little unhappy about it, it was the best move for the team and they made it at the right time.