PDA

View Full Version : Barbosa to the Cavs?

NYKnickFanatic
07-31-2008, 11:52 PM
I read that the Suns are shopping Barbosa, and he may headed to the East, on the Cavs.

Its on http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/index

Its under Rumor Central.

You have to be an insider to read about it though.

Anyone is an insider, and can get that article and post it?

But anyway, Barbosa and Lebron running together?

Wow.

Did anyone else hear about this?

SportsFan1988
07-31-2008, 11:58 PM
I don't have insider anymore. :(

Anyways, depending on how much the Cavs give up, they may be in line for a great deal. Barbosa is a great player, and deserves to go somewhere where he can start. Cleveland would be a great spot, playing next to LeBron, giving him some help.

lakers4sho
08-01-2008, 12:03 AM
But LeBron might end up in the Nets roster, so these roster changes might all be moot.

Joshtd1
08-01-2008, 12:07 AM
Eh, I dont see this improving the Cavs by that much. I think Barbosa is a system player, but thats me.

Ph1lly Diehard
08-01-2008, 12:10 AM
It would help them definitally, but I still don't see this improving them to a top 4 seed though.

I think this was a horrible offseason so far for the Cavs, while almost every team in the East improved.

lakers4sho
08-01-2008, 12:12 AM
They already have a good guards in Delonte West and Daniel Gibson. They need to ship away Ben Wallace's *** IMO.

DenButsu
08-01-2008, 12:14 AM

It is illegal to post paid content from other sites on PSD, and therefore against the rules.

Don't do it, and don't request that it be done.

NYKnickFanatic
08-01-2008, 12:47 AM
It is illegal to post paid content from other sites on PSD, and therefore against the rules.

UHM, OK EASY TIGER! IF I WOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT, I WOULDNT HAVE ASK. DONT GET YOUR NIPPLES TWISTED!

DenButsu
08-01-2008, 12:51 AM
UHM, OK EASY TIGER! IF I WOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT, I WOULDNT HAVE ASK. DONT GET YOUR NIPPLES TWISTED!

My NIPPLES
are just fine,
thanks!

:laugh2:

That was a notice intended for everybody, not just for you.

Sorry if it seemed I'd intended it personally. I didn't.

Dirty Dirk41
08-01-2008, 01:18 AM

no-one could post espn insider info???? what kind of forums do we have here????

SeoulBeatz
08-01-2008, 01:28 AM
Barbosa is incredibly streaky/ overrated.

he is not the star Lebron needs.

hell the cavs should try to revive that Wally for VC trade... he would really step up next to Bron

West
VC
BRON
Wallace
Igsehiuhesius

**** would be nuts.

VC and Bron could jack shots all day and u have two solid rebounders to clean up the mess and play d.

Crunchy12489
08-01-2008, 01:43 AM
I agree Barbosa is a little overrated.

In my eyes, I don't see him as being the top 20 players in the league as far as consistency is concerned.

DenButsu
08-01-2008, 01:56 AM
no-one could post espn insider info???? what kind of forums do we have here????

Forums that don't want to get sued, I assume. :smoking:

I don't make the rules, I'm just asked to maintain 'em.

stawka
08-01-2008, 02:26 AM
If the Suns can trade Barbosa+Diaw for someone good, then do it. But if we're going to trade one of them, I really hope it's Diaw. The kid's useless - at least Barbosa is streaky, unlike Diaw who has 1 good game every 6-8

Crunchy12489
08-01-2008, 02:55 AM
The Insider says the deal is Barbosa + 2nd for LeBron James. Expected to go through within a week.

If this is true, that's wack!

STAT1
08-01-2008, 03:08 AM
[QUOTE=Crunchy12489;6104407]If this is true, that's wack![/Qcan someone say gulliable??
any ways i would do barbosa and diaw for Joe Smith, Pavlovic and damon jones. otherwise no.

Crunchy12489
08-01-2008, 03:10 AM
[QUOTE=Crunchy12489;6104407]If this is true, that's wack![/Qcan someone say gulliable??
any ways i would do barbosa and diaw for Joe Smith, Pavlovic and damon jones. otherwise no.

Gullable? No.

Don't judge me like that.

LakerzDQ
08-01-2008, 04:06 AM
Barbosa is incredibly streaky/ overrated.

he is not the star Lebron needs.

hell the cavs should try to revive that Wally for VC trade... he would really step up next to Bron

West
VC
BRON
Wallace
Igsehiuhesius

**** would be nuts.

VC and Bron could jack shots all day and u have two solid rebounders to clean up the mess and play d.

lol, Wally for VC? nice.

Crunchy12489
08-01-2008, 04:07 AM
Wally for VC?

That's one hell of a lop-sided trade.

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-01-2008, 04:12 AM
Barbosa would be good but i think the Cavs main problem is big ben he aint wat he once was so he just takes up cap space, cant score and he isent the defender the once was

KG#1
08-01-2008, 05:25 AM
i would do barbosa and diaw for Joe Smith, Pavlovic and damon jones. otherwise no.

that is a terrible trade

JordansBulls
08-01-2008, 08:16 AM
I read that the Suns are shopping Barbosa, and he may headed to the East, on the Cavs.

Its on http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/index

Its under Rumor Central.

You have to be an insider to read about it though.

But anyway, Barbosa and Lebron running together?

Wow.

Did anyone else hear about this?

I hope this isn't the piece that the Cavs think that get them over the hump.

RapsFan4Life
08-01-2008, 08:39 AM
barbosa will be a good fit with lebron, seeing as how cavs dont have much salarie cap thanks to small ben and cant buy a bucket wally, barbosa will be able to do 2 things for bron bron,

first handel the ball this will take some pressure off of bron bron during the 4th and also keep brons energy level high

second he will be able to spread the floor, not a great shooter but he can shoot, this will open up driving lanes for bron bron

i dont think it will drastically improve their team but just another piece to a puzzle

Knicks845
08-01-2008, 08:51 AM
Wally for VC?

That's one hell of a lop-sided trade.

Yeah, but the Nets are trying to get under the salary cap by 2010, and he has a 10 mill. expiring contract...

*Superman*
08-01-2008, 09:02 AM
The Insider says the deal is Barbosa + 2nd for LeBron James. Expected to go through within a week.

Seems fair enough, although, i dont think the 2nd rounder is necessary.:D

Mile High Champ
08-01-2008, 09:20 AM
Have only heard that it was a rumour, what the heck could the cavs give up that would interest the Suns. They are just not good trade partners. The Cavs need more help than barbosa anyway.

HOZ THE KNICK
08-01-2008, 09:34 AM
barbosa can't play in a half court game to save his life.

IndiansFan337
08-01-2008, 10:26 AM
I agree Barbosa is a little overrated.

In my eyes, I don't see him as being the top 20 players in the league as far as consistency is concerned.

Not too many teams have two players in the top 20 overall. He'd still be a massive upgrade over Wally/Gibson at SG.

Lo Porto
08-01-2008, 10:55 AM
All that matters is that you improve what you have next 2 years. Cleveland is at or above the salary cap the next two summers, and LeBron could leave the 3rd summer. If at or above the cap, the Cavs won't get a free agent that will really tip the scales. In my unbiased opinion, the Cavs should go get any player available that will improve their roster. Money should not be an issue.

Last time I checked, Eric Snow and Damon Jones weren't doing much for the Cavs. If you could trade Snow or Damon Jones and your 2009 1st rounder for Barbosa, then you should. Barbosa would be an upgrade to the lineup whether off the bench or starting. Same goes for Wally Szczerbiak. He's only a shooter, and he was sitting the bench game 7 when you needed a player the most. I would trade him straight up for Andrei Kirilenko. Sure AK is overpaid, but he plays on both ends of the court doing a bit of everything. AK was a top 20 NBA player at the 4 for Utah, and he might get back to that in Cleveland.

You spend much more down the road with these deals, but you're already at the cap next year anyway. Free agents won't improve the team, but these trades would. You need to make moves this summer in order to improve for the last two seasons LeBron might be a Cav. Can't wait until next summer. Let me know what you think...

NBA-GMaster
08-01-2008, 12:03 PM
Sign and trade Delonte West to Leandrinoh Barbosa!!

Cavs_Fan24
08-01-2008, 12:07 PM
Barbosa would be good but i think the Cavs main problem is big ben he aint wat he once was so he just takes up cap space, cant score and he isent the defender the once was

believe me i want Ben out too, but we cant

his contract ends when LeBron's ends, and he has HUGE contract, and with that expiring, we have lots more money to re-sign LeBron, which is the main reason i believe we acquired Ben Wallace at the deadline

gumpspeed
08-01-2008, 12:14 PM
All of you guys are crazy!!!! LB to Cleveland for what?? We pay LB 6 million a year to avg 17 pts a game COMING OFF THE BENCH!!! Why would we trade him for garbage??? The sixth man of the year is not streaky!! Go to NBA.com and look at his stats!! Then tell me he is streaky. Calling him a system player is just speculation, not supported by any facts. I love how you smart guys make your assumptions a reality based on no emprical data....smart guys. BTW, The Suns will have only their rookies, LB and Diaw under contract in 2010!!!! They will have 56 MILLION dollars to resigne Amare and anyone else!! Shaq and Nash style of play will allow them to be competitive for the next two years without a doubt. Shaq height and strength is going anywhere. Neither is Nash's shooting. Nash doesn't need to run around like a bat out of hell now that Mike is gone!!! LB is 25 Nov he'll be 26)!!!!!!! so is Boris( 26 in Aug) and Amare( 26 in Nov). Roy 24!! and LMA 23!! are you guys right???? Not much difference. You don't trade guys we have shown what they can do and are that young. If you do you will wind up looking like Boston ie JJ and Billups!! Fans and Analyst can talk about PHX all day long....Kerr isn't stupid!! LB, Boris and Amare have never EVER been taught defense under Mike D. They were literally taught not how to play defense because they did not want to slow down the game by fouling the opposition. PHX is not making any trades because they would like to see how to PROVEN YOUNG players can grow under Porter!! Suns are old and finished..LOL! Amare 25 LB 25 Boris 25 Dragic 22 Lopez 20 Tucker 23 and DJ 23..Plus 56 mil in 2010!! Bron would look good playing not only with LB, but LB and Amare in PHX 2010!!!!!

SeoulBeatz
08-01-2008, 12:41 PM
lol, Wally for VC? nice.

um, that was the proposed trade that the cavs actually offered to the nets.

and the nets were strongly considering it because, if u know anything about basketball, Wally has a 12 mill contract coming of the books next year

the nets have a very young team.

u take 12 mill of the books, u have EVEN MORE money to spend during the summer of 2010.

And vince is just redundant on a young team.

you get what im saying here? that trade would actually make a lot of sense.

SeoulBeatz
08-01-2008, 12:43 PM

wow, how dare u insult the great Denbutsu.

lol but seriously whats all the beef about?

i guess u dont know how stuff works on these forums seeing as how ur new.

but seriously keep the name calling out of these forums