PDA

View Full Version : Who will be traded???

astros1981
07-31-2008, 10:35 PM
Will any of our core players be traded this offseason??If so, who would you want to get rid of first???I would love to see us move Tejada for some prospects.I don't know why we decided to hang on to this guy who is already in his mid 30's.We had a good chance to move him before the trade deadline and all we did was grab some other relievers who will do nothing for us now or in the future.

Who do you'll think will be moved first or who would you like to see gone???

astro4life
08-01-2008, 05:35 PM
I think we could still get one top prospect and another good prospect for a 32-34 yr. old shortstop/soon-to-be third baseman. But if we do trade him, it is like we just threw away Scott, Patton, Albers, Sarfate, and Costanzo.

lilboytwister99
08-01-2008, 08:09 PM
Well as far as the Tejada trade goes, we gave up way too much for him, and we were on the sticky end of the stick there. We cant do anything to turn it back around. If he gets us two good prospects, I'd be happy with that. All I want at this point is a farm system since we dont have one.

I mean if we wanted, we could trade Berkman and Oswalt and replenish our farm system. However, those two are franchise players, and they are leaders in the clubhouse I would imagine. Imagine those two guys with a bunch of young hungry guys on our team..... it would be great. They would learn from two of the best.

2009 may be very interesting.