PDA

View Full Version : The Official Farewell Manny- Last Word!

DieHardColtsfan
07-31-2008, 09:52 PM
Manny Being Manny is no longer in Boston! Its feels Strange. This Thread is is for YOU Boston fans to either pay your respects, or bash him for the last time.......

Basically Red Sox Nation, If you had one Sentence to say to Manny now that he's gone, What would it be???? Just curious on how many thank you's vs F- You's he gets!

Whats your last word???

BostonFan 53
07-31-2008, 10:01 PM
As much as I wanted him gone it certainly will be weird not seeing his antics in LF. I really can't say I'm happy that we got rid of his production, or even the way he was in the clubhouse. The players loved him, the fans loved him, and despite what he said, the front office loved him. But this time he took it too far, and I will sure miss him.

I think it's unfortunate that he was sent off this way, without a proper thanks from the fans. But he brought it upon himself. I look forward to see Manny thank us all in the paper in a few days :)

MVPOrtiz201
07-31-2008, 10:02 PM
There would be no bashing or anything close to bashing from me, I still love Manny. My last sentence would go...Thank you for everything you did for us Manny, I will miss you and good luck wherever you go (as long as it's not the Yankees:D).

goldglove212
07-31-2008, 10:08 PM
:sigh: i feel kinda weird inside like you just broke up with a girlfriend youve had for a while and you fought a lot and knew the day was coming but you really loved her i feel like that. but lots of luck to you in LA manny im glad he went there i like the dodgers too..

Towelie
07-31-2008, 10:10 PM
Goodbye you stupid prick, your self centered and a massive douche bag. I hope you don't get your 4 year 100 million contract and you become the new Barry Bonds where nobody wants your BS.

lilboytwister99
07-31-2008, 10:13 PM
Manny was..... different to me. He was certainly outspoken, and although it might have been controversial for the most part, he proved himself on the field. Im gonna have to get used to not seeing Manny in a Red Sox uniform anymore. I loved watching him play against the Yankees. He may have acted foolish at times, but he was a true player. I'll miss ya Manny, good luck in LA!

I can only imagine the AL East teams are having a riot over this trade.

BTownTeamsRKing
07-31-2008, 10:13 PM
:sigh: i feel kinda weird inside like you just broke up with a girlfriend youve had for a while and you fought a lot and knew the day was coming but you really loved her i feel like that. but lots of luck to you in LA manny im glad he went there i like the dodgers too..

sounds wierd, but the same goes for me.

Manny Ramirez: RED SOX FOREVER

2X World Champion
Tremendous Power hitter
Most Entertaining player in a long time
Ill never forget the trade dealine game a couple years ago when he pinch hit for the win. i thought i was gonna go deaf in Fenway with my fam. truly unforgetbale.

Thank You Manny for everything. Good Luck in LA!

meanwhile we got a Title to defend and win again!!!!

Towelie
07-31-2008, 10:15 PM
PS Manny wear a Indians hat when you go into the hall. I don't want you to wear a Boston cap.

DieHardColtsfan
07-31-2008, 10:15 PM
very interesting thread sense a lot of love for manny! The g/f analogy was great from a prior poster!! lol

Tragedy
07-31-2008, 10:17 PM
PS Manny wear a Indians hat when you go into the hall. I don't want you to wear a Boston cap.
Agreed, completely.

There is a thread in the HOF section about which hat he'll wear.

I'm all for him wearing a Indian hat and never having any sort of induction for him when he's inducted.

Wake's Fastball
07-31-2008, 10:18 PM
He's been my favorite Sox player for a long, long time now, and while his antics off the field have become horrifying in the past few months, I've always loved the way he's actually played the game (aside from his sauntering down to first base on occasion). He plays like he's having a great time being out there, has a gorgeous swing, and up until a month ago with his incident with McCormick, I've never had to go to sleep with the worry that we're going to see a Ramirez mug shot plastered on the front page of the sports section. I'll root for Manny as long as he's playing, and I wish that he has the best of luck in LA.

goldglove212
07-31-2008, 10:19 PM
Agreed, completely.

I'm all for him wearing a Indian hat and never having any sort of induction for him when he's inducted.

he did help us win 2 rings i mean he hasnt been all bad
sure hes been a headache but hes been a bigger headache for opposing pitcheers and jason bay is a fine hitter but manny is in another class and im glad he was with us while he was and hope he goes in wearing a sox hat

cocossox
07-31-2008, 10:21 PM
Manny u are so lucky u played for our team for 7 1/2 years b/c no other team in baseball would put up with the bs u gave the red sox if u were a man about all this u could've went out a hero here thank you for quiting on our team i am so happy u are gone from here u are a disgrace i wont miss u...welcome to boston jason Bay!:clap:

Sweet_Caroline
07-31-2008, 10:35 PM
I will miss you Manny, and I wish you the best of luck in LA.

TDbank24
07-31-2008, 10:46 PM
Bye Manny, thanks for the 2 world series. All that success went to your head i guess. You thought you were bigger than the fans and management. Well you were wrong. I'd wish you success in LA but i only hope you fail after all the BS you put us through

Tragedy
07-31-2008, 10:48 PM
I actually feel the same.

I hate Manny Ramirez the person, but Manny Ramirez the player (For the most part) was unbelievable.

I'm happy to see him go because to me, it's the same situation as Nomar in 04 (That was not as bad as this), but at the same time, a little bit of me is sad because he was such a mainstay for 7 1/2 years.

Whatever. His era here is over. Time for a professional player/good teammate to enter LF.

JimmyMal450
07-31-2008, 10:48 PM
All that I have to say is Manny, if you only had kept your mouth shut you could have retired in Boston as one of the greatest Red Sox players of all time. Now although you were still a great player for all those years, I can no longer look at you in a Red Sox uniform the same way. Good luck in LA...

No Pie Here
07-31-2008, 10:50 PM
Hated you when we were losing. Loved you when we were winning.
I hope you find your peace...as long as it doesn't bite the Sox in the *****...jacka**.

SocksPhan
07-31-2008, 10:54 PM
Manny was fun to watch. They say baseball is entertainment and manny played a comedic role. He also could mash the ball...especially against the Yanks...I'll miss that but I wont miss him taking himself out of huge games. No reason to Bash him...he was key in the two championships...So Buenas Noche Amigo

BeAn 5 ToWnE
07-31-2008, 10:55 PM
Sig. :D

PapelbonLester
07-31-2008, 11:00 PM

you really feel that way?

Tragedy
07-31-2008, 11:01 PM
you really feel that way?
I'm sure he does, and so do I.

He disrespected the franchise on his way out the door in a big way.

Why would I, Towelie, or anyone else that loves the Sox want to see him talk about his love for the Red Sox/baseball during his HOF speech?

Towelie
07-31-2008, 11:19 PM
He's the new Wade Boggs to me.

PS: Me and Tragedy have been on the same page tons lately....weird.

97'bulls
07-31-2008, 11:27 PM
This is a sad day in Red Sox history. He'll always be a Red Sock to me.

Tragedy
07-31-2008, 11:31 PM
He's the new Wade Boggs to me.

PS: Me and Tragedy have been on the same page tons lately....weird.
Yes, I think we need to find something that we both disagree on.

We could rewind to the offseason and complain about Crisp some more?:clap:

Cassidy28
07-31-2008, 11:34 PM
Peace out Manny gonna miss seeing Ortiz up then Manny best 3-4 hitters hope you have a good rest of your career.

Fury
07-31-2008, 11:35 PM
No Manny Nooooo!!!!!!

Gangreenseason
07-31-2008, 11:43 PM
ramirez was the world series mvp in 2004 when
the sox won their first world series in 86 years and wasn't he the guy who
guranteed last year that they would win the alcs after being down 3-1 and he
came through for them. How soon peeople forget, it is just funny to me. I think that the sox needed to give ramirez a bit more respect than that. It is funny how close they were to trading A Rod for Manny in 2004 and how manny won the world series aginst the cardinals for them.

Ramirez will likely go to the hall in a red sox hat and for them to treat him this way was pretty low.

SHONIE
07-31-2008, 11:59 PM
Manny you are a useless human being and you would be a drunk man on the streets if you weren't good at swinging a wooden stick.

Towelie
08-01-2008, 12:05 AM
Yes, I think we need to find something that we both disagree on.

We could rewind to the offseason and complain about Crisp some more?:clap:

PS: I was right on it. He didn't deserve to split time with Jacoby.:p

TotallySox9097
08-01-2008, 12:36 AM
Thank you, but good riddance you arrogant donkey's ***. The Red Sox don't deserve you? Nice way to truly show your colors. BULL.... And the whole Breaking up with a Girlfriend is soooo true. I feel the same way, except that girl kicked me in the nuts alot.

ThreeIfBaerga
08-01-2008, 01:04 AM
What I think I'll remember most about Manny is that to me, he was the trump card. I'm not sure if I can explain this but you always knew you had a good offense just because Manny Ramirez was in the lineup. No matter who was batting in front of him he was a lock to drive in 100-130 runs. Year in and year out he was the one guy in this lineup that went 2-4 in his sleep.

One of the greatest hitters in Red Sox history, I'm sad it had to end this way.

The 6-4-3
08-01-2008, 01:10 AM
thanks for Manny us in LA will "appreciate him" lol Jk jk

Cant belive he actually said that, but an ways....THANKS

Shaiza
08-01-2008, 01:12 AM
Bye Manny, hope you don't miss Papi too much...
At least you got Nomar?

goldglove212
08-01-2008, 01:28 AM
the more i think about it the weirder i feel knowing that no longer will #24 ramirez be batting behind #34ortiz like you cant tell me you dont feel the slightest bit strange knowing that the deadly 3-4 combo weve had for the past seasons is gone. its really like a big change for me i dont think id miss my girlfriend this much

TotallySox9097
08-01-2008, 01:30 AM
the more i think about it the weirder i feel knowing that no longer will #24 ramirez be batting behind #34ortiz like you cant tell me you dont feel the slightest bit strange knowing that the deadly 3-4 combo weve had for the past seasons is gone. its really like a big change for me i dont think id miss my girlfriend this much

LOL:clap:

King Henrik
08-01-2008, 01:39 AM
bitter sweet. Everything you have done for us during your stay here was amazing. Manny the ball player and Manny the person are just badass as can be. You were the Red Sox. But dont go dissing the team that has paid you 168 million dollars and the team and fanbase that has fell in love with you. You acted like a child and I hope you continue to be an *******, sign with the Yankees, and then break a leg or two. F#CK YOU!

:(

goldglove212
08-01-2008, 01:41 AM
bitter sweet. Everything you have done for us during your stay here was amazing. Manny the ball player and Manny the person are just badass as can be. You were the Red Sox. But dont go dissing the team that has paid you 168 million dollars and the team and fanbase that has fell in love with you. You acted like a child and I hope you continue to be an *******, sign with the Yankees, and then break a leg or two. F#CK YOU!

:(

somebody needs too take a deep breath :rolleyes:

Strumpy
08-01-2008, 01:59 AM
Boston will miss you Manny. You're smile was priceless and you're antics made reminded everyone that baseball should still be about having fun. I wish you the best of luck, and if the moment comes where you step into Fenway's batter's box as an opposing player, I will stand up and clap for you even if it's my living room every time you step up to the plate.

gdjake
08-01-2008, 02:22 AM
Manny was disrespected by the organization. BoSox treated him like he was a problem child when he was actually the reason they won a World Series after 86 years. Manny did so much for the Redsox and then they try to treat him like they did him a favor. It's ok Boston. It'll be another 100 years before you win a World Series and we can start talking about your new "Manny Ramirez" curse.

BostonFan 53
08-01-2008, 02:30 AM
Manny was disrespected by the organization. BoSox treated him like he was a problem child when he was actually the reason they won a World Series after 86 years. Manny did so much for the Redsox and then they try to treat him like they did him a favor. It's ok Boston. It'll be another 100 years before you win a World Series and we can start talking about your new "Manny Ramirez" curse.

I advise you, If you don't know what you're saying, don't talk.

The front office treated him how he wanted to be treated. Asked for a trade, Theo looked for a trade. Manny wanted to sit, he sit. Manny wanted to push down old sercrateries, he did, and while anyone else would have been suspended, he was just fined. Boston treated him like a baby "what do you wan't, we'll get it for you". "Ok Manny, you can sit today".

If you have no knowledge on the situation, please don't chime in.

asomen
08-01-2008, 02:53 AM
I have two very very different opinions on this situation....

My first is it doesn't feel like a huge loss since I know it was for the best....but I go back to seeing these highlights of Manny with the Sox...and then you think how it won't be that way again. We will never see Manny smiling with that grin and doing stupid things.

My second opinion....we are making it seem like this guy is dead. We are saying farewell wishes and remembering the good times and forgetting the bad? I feel like im at a funeral knowing I will never see this guys face alive again.

That being said....it's good to see Manny go...sad....but good. We will see this guy plenty on Sportcenter in the next few months...many of the times making us think...thank god he's not our problem anymore.

Just a realllllly crazy wild thought....Manny signing with the Sox after this season and they outbid the Yankees....that could be very weird. Manny begging to be back with a world series champ and his buddy Big Pappi.

redsox_rallycry
08-01-2008, 04:11 AM

i feel the same way. manny was one of my favorite players on the team. there is no one that will bring what manny brought to the sox.... his prolific swing, (mostly) awesome antics, fun personality.... but it was his time to go. i thank manny for helping us get rid of the curse... not once but twice. i hope he brings good things for the dodgers (they are my nl team, but far second compared to the red sox).

another note:
i would be so disappointed if he signed with the yankees during the offseason... though it might be good because it would turn my current man-crush on him into pure hatred and heartbreak :(

JHG722
08-01-2008, 05:57 AM
Thanks for the help, but go **** yourself :)

TrueBlue#21
08-01-2008, 06:07 AM
well all of us out here in LA will appreciate what he brings to this team...Hopefully its all good things... As long as he doesnt start acting like a little prick and treating us the way he treated you guys, there will be nothing but good times out here in LA.

Tankjeep
08-01-2008, 06:36 AM
manny obviously did some great things at boston, but if anybody wants to say that boston treated him badly on his way out the door, they need to understand that manny brought it all on himself. if he would've kept his mouth shut then maybe his departure could've been amicable.

instead, he had to spout off at the mouth much like pedro martinez did when he left. and all that tells me is that both pedro and manny are classless. at least nomar knew that he plays in a sport that's strictly business. manny needs to grow up.

moneyball
08-01-2008, 06:47 AM
Manny was disrespected by the organization. BoSox treated him like he was a problem child when he was actually the reason they won a World Series after 86 years. Manny did so much for the Redsox and then they try to treat him like they did him a favor. It's ok Boston. It'll be another 100 years before you win a World Series and we can start talking about your new "Manny Ramirez" curse.Hey do the math we won another WS 2 years after the first one. Of course we do not match up to all the ANGELs WS wins, but give us a break.

moneyball
08-01-2008, 06:49 AM
Manny does not owe the fans of Boston or the FO anything, however what about his teamates?

magichatnumber9
08-01-2008, 07:41 AM
Manny do the world a favor and get a hair cut

lil'papi
08-01-2008, 07:53 AM
Read this maybe people blinded by his bat will see his makeup as a person.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/baseball/red_sox/view.bg?articleid=1110416&format=&page=3&listingType=sox#articleFull

BosoxPapi61
08-01-2008, 08:02 AM
I'm glad he's gone!! But I'm going to miss his goofiness.

Good bye Manny!!!!

SoxRTattedOnMe
08-01-2008, 08:12 AM
There would be no bashing or anything close to bashing from me, I still love Manny. My last sentence would go...Thank you for everything you did for us Manny, I will miss you and good luck wherever you go (as long as it's not the Yankees:D).

Def. THANKS MANNY 2 championships would of never been received

RedSoxtober
08-01-2008, 08:39 AM
Manny, you were a lot like dating the girl with "a great personality." We really enjoyed our time together and were able to excuse missing time with others because we knew what sweet rewards were in store when we did, but at the same time we hated ourselves and tried not to get caught with you. Finally when you starting making demands and swinging at members of the family it was time to go.

You had the prettiest swing in your generation but you disrespected the game. You ran slower down the first base line on an infield grounder than you did on a home run trot. You raised your arms to celebrate home runs better than you did to catch fly balls.

But you sure could hit. We'll appreciate all the hitting you did, particularly in the playoffs. You were an instrumental part of two World Series championships and the team would not have been the same without you. I wish you could have been part of the team just a little bit longer but when you began playing for yourself and your next contract you abandoned your team.

Good luck in LA, a place where earning your $100M contract might be a lot harder than you think.

Agreed, completely.

The HOF thing is a pretty interesting question. I did a quick run through his career stats and he's almost perfectly split down the middle regarding his production for CLE and BOS. The scale tips slightly to BOS but when you factor in the fact that his first two "seasons" in CLE were less than an MLB season combined it's pretty impressive stuff. I remember watching him in (Space) 1999 and cheering him to break the single season RBI record. That was an absolutely amazing season.

In the end, though, it'll be the two WS titles that put a BOS hat on him.

ramirez was the world series mvp in 2004 when the sox won their first world series in 86 years and wasn't he the guy who guranteed last year that they would win the alcs after being down 3-1 and he came through for them. How soon peeople forget, it is just funny to me. I think that the sox needed to give ramirez a bit more respect than that. It is funny how close they were to trading A Rod for Manny in 2004 and how manny won the world series aginst the cardinals for them.

Ramirez will likely go to the hall in a red sox hat and for them to treat him this way was pretty low.

I hate the Manny WS MVP argument. There was only one game in serious jeopardy in 2004 and Manny was not the difference in that game (Bellhorn was, and his numbers for the WS were close to Manny). The 2004 team won the WS and it was the dominant pitching that earned the title. Since no pitcher pitched more than once they couldn't give the MVP to one of them so they turned to the biggest name with good numbers.

BTW, it was Kevin Millar who said "they better not let us win tonight because if they do we're going to take the series" when the Sox were down 3-0 to the Yankees in the ALCS. How soon people forget indeed.

I suppose it may look that way from the outside. When you "live with" Manny for a few seasons in the LA area (assuming he signs out that way) you may see things differently. He's always seemed a bit aloof and teammates and the organization have constantly had to make excuses for his erratic behavior. It finally reached a tipping point this year.

While I generally disagree with the writer, here's a good summary (http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2008/08/01/going_going_gone/) of what "Manny Being Manny" meant this year. A good deal of it is just beyond the pale. Manny did it all himself -- the organization did not spin it (though they are masters at that).

Finally, what more "respect" should the team showed him? They paid him $168M. For Manny, that is respect. He demanded 'respect' in the form of an early decision on his options even though he'd signed away that privilege. He demanded "respect" of determining his next-next employer by threatening not to waive his NTC unless he could become a FA. He has shown that "respect" is measured in dead presidents and he's been respected 168,000,000 times by the Red Sox, more than any other player in its more-than-a-century history.

For that he owed the team some respect.

lil'papi
08-01-2008, 08:48 AM
After reading several articles today about him not showing up for kids with cancer events it made me sick. He had to walk 5.7 seconds to the tent setup for the kids and he still didn't show up. He did that for 6 years.......no show.

Then last year he didn't show up to go to Walter Reed to visit with soldiers...

he sucks....plain and simple. You will now read about all kinds of things never mentioned because they hid them. He was a bona fide selfish little prick. I can actually detest people with that mentality. Me first.....I'm great...look at me...pretty much settles my opinion.

Thanks for the RINGS though.

sboyajian
08-01-2008, 08:51 AM
Manny,

As a Red Sox fan I feel compelled to tell you I appreciate the numbers you put up and the WS rings you were a major part of obtaining. I can also tell you I know first hand what it's like to be in a relationship when one person devotes everything they have to the other with a unbelievable force, while the other person walks all over them.

I love you, I love you, You love me, You hate me.. we're all used to it. Thanks for the time, happy to see you go.

So in closing. Good luck with the giant contract.

**** you *******.

Love,
Me

PS.. if even one part of Gerry Callahan's article is true.. **** you x2

bagwell368
08-01-2008, 08:54 AM
A lot of the best hitters of all time have been tools:

Ted
Cobb
Hornsby
Bonds
Allen

Manny can take his place among them. Thanks for the bat. No thanks for everything else.

lil'papi
08-01-2008, 09:02 AM
Sad......plain and simple all this adulation for a loser.

"Of course, there was one Sox player who couldn’t be bothered to visit the kids because he never can be bothered. The kids loved him, but he didn’t give a damn about them. That’s how it works in Manny Ramirez [stats]’ world. You serve him or you serve no purpose at "

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/view/2008_08_01_No_Dodging_it:_Manny_Ramirez_just_a_bad __bad_man/srvc=sports&position=0

sboyajian
08-01-2008, 09:15 AM

"Of course, there was one Sox player who couldnít be bothered to visit the kids because he never can be bothered. The kids loved him, but he didnít give a damn about them. Thatís how it works in Manny Ramirez [stats]í world. You serve him or you serve no purpose at "

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/view/2008_08_01_No_Dodging_it:_Manny_Ramirez_just_a_bad __bad_man/srvc=sports&position=0

That whole article makes me hope he never has another successful season.

i am bob
08-01-2008, 09:20 AM
Im sad he's gone. But it was time for him to go. Good Bye Manny!

ps. That article made me feel worse about manny :(.

BTownTeamsRKing
08-01-2008, 10:27 AM
lol @ the dodgers fans that think Manny will be a perfect person in LA.

he's a great player, but wait til he wants to sit out bc of a "soar hammy"

Bye Manny, thanks for the memories...but now..

WELCOME JASON BAY!!!!!!!

homie564
08-01-2008, 10:49 AM
honestly im glad your ******** is outta boston but idk.. i have to be honest u were a true Sox. im glad u are reunited with nomar and derek lowe its tough to lose you big guy but this had to happen it was getting outta hand.. and hey who knows.. maybe u can still end ur career in boston :).. Good Luck man!

PapelbonLester
08-01-2008, 10:53 AM
imagine we signed him this offseason........and moved him to triple A. Theo should send boras a minor league contract imo

yaowowrocket11
08-01-2008, 10:56 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bravo. One of the greatest hitters in Red Sox history, and one of the best in MLB history. Thanks for leading the Sox to 2 World Series championships! I never would have believed I would have been alive for one, let alone two.

Good luck in LA, and we will see you in the World Series!

P.S. If we do see you in the World Series, please sit out against Beckett like you did with Felix and Joba!

:D

ThreeIfBaerga
08-01-2008, 10:59 AM
Manny was a character. You an't deny it's a little more fun rooting for a guy like Manny than the same ol' boring Drews, Pettites, Variteks, or even Ellsburys and Lesters.

It's just nice to see a guy who (at least used to) only cares about playing baseball. It's too be he got money hungry at the end of his career and forced his way out.

tudorsdn
08-01-2008, 12:06 PM
It was great while it lasted, But time to go, You will look back someday and realize Boston was the best place you ever played in your career. The FANS loved you and probably will forever. I wish you the best with the Dodgers, (2-months) and then look and see what you get next year for money and from what team and see how you act and if they can put up with it. :

Manny you are a great player and HOF no doubt.:clap:

tudorsdn
08-01-2008, 12:14 PM
Bye

Dirty Dirk41
08-01-2008, 12:21 PM
Manny, thank you for all the good times. Thank you for beasting on the Yankees every time we played. Thanks for being a HUGE HUGE reason the Red Sox having 2 World Series rings in 4 years. Thanks for giving us many memories. With that said his antics and shenanigans have been bringing the TEAM down this year and he had to go. You dont push down older employees. You dont call out management. You dont pull your self out of an important game against the yankees. you dont say the the Sox dont deserve you. You dont half *** it down the base paths in a no hitter. Good Bye Manny and Thank You.

P.S. i cant wait to see what Jason Bay does tonight against Oakland.

Dirty Dirk41
08-01-2008, 12:30 PM
^^Thats just stupid...Manny was PART of why we won. But dont say HES THE REASON. those world series wins were GREAT GREAT team effort. No one person can win a series. How can anyone say sox organization disrespected Manny. We've giving him a free pass on sooo much over the past 8 years.he shoulda been fined, or suspended plenty of times an nothing ever happened.

NESports2004
08-01-2008, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the memories but good riddance and good luck.

acecrusher06
08-01-2008, 02:43 PM
farewell manny. did you it have to come to this? now you'll never your number retired by the sox...and all over money that you'll never the time to spend.

you were a great player but i feel no sympathy for you because you forced the trade upon yourself.

DieHardColtsfan
08-01-2008, 03:19 PM
this thread seems split evenly between love and hate.

lil'papi
08-01-2008, 03:48 PM
Buh-Bye.....dont let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

Wake's Fastball
08-01-2008, 05:47 PM

"Of course, there was one Sox player who couldnít be bothered to visit the kids because he never can be bothered. The kids loved him, but he didnít give a damn about them. Thatís how it works in Manny Ramirez [stats]í world. You serve him or you serve no purpose at "

Yet another reason why the Boston Herald is a miserable publication. I'm not going to defend Manny's character against that article - it's not possible - but to decide to sling **** at him the day after he gets traded is just disgraceful, regardless of the guy's character.

TheKid
08-01-2008, 06:17 PM
Thank you for the rings, the 500th, the high five, the wall visits, cutting off throws, giving bronson the corn-rows, losing an earing while sliding, Requesting Good Times :smoking:, the pinch hit game winning RBI single after the 05 trade deadline, the E-Bay postings and lastly Thank you for letting us all know that Jeter's playing Golf and what you're doing is better! :worthy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5DkjpwkIGo

RedSoxMike
08-02-2008, 12:55 AM
farewell manny. did you it have to come to this? now you'll never your number retired by the sox...and all over money that you'll never the time to spend.

imo #24 (along with #14) should be retired by the Sox. A Dwight Evans & Jim Rice night at Fenway would be cool.

UndecideD
08-02-2008, 01:32 AM
Outstanding player, n he will be missed. Its also going to be weird seeing him wearing a different uni =//.
But what can you say other than thank you for the championships n great(&hilarious) moments.

Run Gardner Run
08-02-2008, 01:54 AM
Thanks for being gone. You have killed us manny (pun intended) times and now im glad your gone. See you when I visit you in cooperstown in 7-10 years

sboyajian
08-02-2008, 07:44 AM
Yet another reason why the Boston Herald is a miserable publication. I'm not going to defend Manny's character against that article - it's not possible - but to decide to sling **** at him the day after he gets traded is just disgraceful, regardless of the guy's character.The way I looked at it was this:

He always complained about the Media and how they treated him. They obviously had things they wanted to say, but never said them out of respect that he was an active player on their local team. He acted like a child and forced his way out. Now they can stop keeping things closed up and actually post them.

lil'papi
08-02-2008, 07:52 AM
Yet another reason why the Boston Herald is a miserable publication. I'm not going to defend Manny's character against that article - it's not possible - but to decide to sling **** at him the day after he gets traded is just disgraceful, regardless of the guy's character.

HUH? They explained why he had to go. Like it or not there will be a ton more stories about him coming out. If he left Boston in good graces which was easy, he would get treated as such.

He didn't. :rolleyes:

Regardless of a guys character? please get off the soap box.

Sportfan
08-02-2008, 01:16 PM
imagine if we play the dodgers in the world series.

magichatnumber9
08-02-2008, 01:24 PM
Thank You Manny for the great years. You will be missed

DirtyThirty
08-02-2008, 02:27 PM
Manny you've been my favorite player for a long long time. I always loved how you played the game with a layed back attitude. I will miss you. It looks very weird seeing you in a Dodger uniform

Sportfan
08-02-2008, 03:18 PM
miss you manny. but i'll hate you if you go to an al team. LOL