PDA

View Full Version : hanley trade

Sportfan
07-31-2008, 08:18 PM
since no one answered about a-rod, this i think is a better one to discuss.
if we had not made that trade we coild have easily signed beckett or trade other prospects for him.

Tragedy
07-31-2008, 08:19 PM
No.

We wouldn't have won the WS last year without Beckett.

homie564
07-31-2008, 08:26 PM
:clap: ^^ took the words right outta my mouth and dont forget lowells production aswell

yaowowrocket11
07-31-2008, 08:32 PM
Nope.

Beckett = Main reason why Sox won World Series last year

Lowell = One of the Sox most productive hitters last year, WORLD SERIES MVP

Sportfan
07-31-2008, 08:39 PM
Nope.

Beckett = Main reason why Sox won World Series last year

Lowell = One of the Sox most productive hitters last year, WORLD SERIES MVP

yeah but we would have saved a ton of money to spend on maybe soriano?
i'm not sure but were'nt there some aces in the free agent market or trade block in 05 or 06?

yaowowrocket11
07-31-2008, 08:40 PM
yeah but we would have saved a ton of money to spend on maybe soriano?
i'm not sure but were'nt there some aces in the free agent market or trade block in 05 or 06?

Free agency is never the answer, since any team can swoop in and offer more money.

Lowell > Soriano last year.

homie564
07-31-2008, 08:41 PM
lowell>soriano period IMO lol

BostonFan 53
07-31-2008, 08:43 PM
Soriano is not better than Lowell

yaowowrocket11
07-31-2008, 08:49 PM
lowell>soriano period IMO lol

Soriano is having the better year this season. Overall, Soriano is still the better player. Lowell just had a plain and simple outstanding season last year.

bosox3431
07-31-2008, 09:01 PM
Soriano may be a tad better then Lowell, offensivly, but Lowell is hands down the better defensive player, and we dont know if Soriano is 28 or if he's 38, and when is decline will start. Plus he got what 7 years?

Sportfan
08-02-2008, 01:25 PM
Free agency is never the answer, since any team can swoop in and offer more money.

Lowell > Soriano last year.

you have probally never seen a cubs game before. soriano is a bigger presence in the lineup than lowell. with ortiz behind him, (or in front of him) pitchers would go after soriano and think about all the numbers he could put up with the green monster. he was walked alot last year because after him was aramis rameriez who has basically mike lowell numbers. he would hit third in boston and pitchers would go after him than papi.

Superiority
08-02-2008, 01:34 PM
IMO, Lowell wouldn't have done well in any ballpark besides Fenway.

He plays wallball regularly and his swing is tailor made to hit balls over the Green Monster.

CyYoungPapelbon
08-02-2008, 02:26 PM
IMO, Lowell wouldn't have done well in any ballpark besides Fenway.

He plays wallball regularly and his swing is tailor made to hit balls over the Green Monster.Lowell's already done very well in another park than Fenway: he had a very good career in Florida, which is a pitchers park. He's also hitting better away from Fenway than at Fenway this year and did the same in '06.

Lowell certainly benefits a bit from Fenway, like all right-handed hitters, but he can and has hit elsewhere.