PDA

View Full Version : Ben Gordon?

marlinsfan24
07-31-2008, 07:07 PM
Ben Gordon needs to decide between basically four different options. The first is for the Bulls to sign-and-trade Gordon, which is a definite possibility. GM John Paxson has recently had disscussion with multiple teams. The Miami Heat, Phoenix Suns and New Orleans Hornets are the most recent teams trying to work out a sign-and trade for Gordon. The second option for Gordon is to sign the qualifying offer sheet, play out one more year and become an un-resricted free agent. If the Bulls cannot swing a trade, look for this to most likely happen. The third option would be for Gordon to sign an extension for less money than what he feels hes worth. This likely will not happen unless Gordon suddenly has a change of heart and realizes what the Bulls are offering is actually a pretty fair deal. The last option for Gordon is to leave for Europe, which is the least likely of them all. Gordon has mainly mentioned Europe to hopefully grab the Bulls attention.

http://www.rumorpress.net/?p=29

ChitownbullsBG7
07-31-2008, 07:19 PM
Haha i think its funny how we are connected to every trade dealing with each other.

Haslem to chicago
Kirk to Miami
Wade to Chicago
Marion to Chicago
#2 pick to Chicago
#1 pick to Miami
Deng to Miami
Now, Gordon to Miami.

Haha it is actually pretty funny.

Jonathan2323
07-31-2008, 07:23 PM
why would we want gordon he is not a point guard and he plays same position as wade?

MiamiHeat
07-31-2008, 07:25 PM
he would be a good 6th man, but his asking for way too much

CaleX(RR)MIA™
exactly Jonathan2323 he dosent fill any need we got

Jonathan2323
:badidea:

Jonathan2323
sixth man that makes over ten million no way!!

LayZbone
07-31-2008, 07:29 PM
Essentially, Wade just needs a backcourt mate who can shoot the ball, and split time running the ball up the floor. Wade can make plays, so we can afford to have a shoot-first PG. Although I'm not sure Ben Gordon is the answer. He's asking for too much. And if we're talking S&T, how much would we have to give up?

noturnormalhero
07-31-2008, 07:35 PM
Essentially, Wade just needs a backcourt mate who can shoot the ball, and split time running the ball up the floor. Wade can make plays, so we can afford to have a shoot-first PG. Although I'm not sure Ben Gordon is the answer. He's asking for too much. And if we're talking S&T, how much would we have to give up?

i wouldnt give up nothing for that dude. especially for what he's asking. he's on a decline on his career and i rather take my chances with cook and see how he pans out before making a move like this. for the kind of money he wants, i rather use that toward the Center position or add more depth to our bench. and as far as shoot first pg..we have marion which we all know cant create his own shot..so we need a passing pg. personally i wouldnt trade anyone for Gordon and then sign him and tie up our future salary wise. personally i'd pass on this

LayZbone
07-31-2008, 08:18 PM
^yeah, even though i don't think Marion is going to be a part of the Heat's future for very long, I'm gonna pass on this too.

noturnormalhero
07-31-2008, 08:31 PM
^yeah, even though i don't think Marion is going to be a part of the Heat's future for very long, I'm gonna pass on this too.

lol. yea i agree. UNLESS he takes a serious paycut lol.

daleja424
07-31-2008, 08:31 PM
I like Ben Gordon a player... but not for the kind of mony he is asking for. If he wanted 8 mil a year I wouldnt be mad if we got him...but the dude is looking for like 13... pshhhhh

nolin
07-31-2008, 10:16 PM
i wouldnt give up nothing for that dude. especially for what he's asking. he's on a decline on his career and i rather take my chances with cook and see how he pans out before making a move like this. for the kind of money he wants, i rather use that toward the Center position or add more depth to our bench. and as far as shoot first pg..we have marion which we all know cant create his own shot..so we need a passing pg. personally i wouldnt trade anyone for Gordon and then sign him and tie up our future salary wise. personally i'd pass on this

:confused: decline of his career. im confused

daleja424
07-31-2008, 10:18 PM
:confused: decline of his career. im confused

he didnt mean liek he was old...he means his stats got worse last year... across the board

I am sure that was an anomaly and his stats will be fine... but you cant tell me that Ben Gordon i a 13+ mil player (which is the money he wants).

CaleX(RR)MIA™
07-31-2008, 10:27 PM
he didnt mean liek he was old...he means his stats got worse last year... across the board

I am sure that was an anomaly and his stats will be fine... but you cant tell me that Ben Gordon i a 13+ mil player (which is the money he wants).

your right there's no way in hell he's he is a 13 mil player thats Wade, Lebron, Melo, And Bosh type money who make $14Mil+ this year(all will make ALOT more in 2010)

kntresistheheat
07-31-2008, 10:36 PM
What about if we can swing a three way deal and pick up kirk, Or they might be able to pick up both gordan and Kirk?????:D Which I know it wont happend because there's is no money for both:rolleyes:....but I do think the reason the heat are linked is because of the heat needing a pg and kirk comes into mind???:confused:........lol:p

daleja424
07-31-2008, 10:39 PM
nah. I think if we get gordon its to make him try to be the pg... but his money is going to be too ridiculous. If the guy signed a 7-8 million dollar deal Id take him ina heartbeat... but he has already says he wants to be the highest paid bulls... so hes looking for 13 mil. Id much rather have Barbosa (and his 7 mil contract)

CaleX(RR)MIA™
07-31-2008, 10:39 PM
What about if we can swing a three way deal and pick up kirk, Or they might be able to pick up both gordan and Kirk?????:D Which I know it wont happend because there's is no money for both:rolleyes:....but I do think the reason the heat are linked is because of the heat needing a pg and kirk comes into mind???:confused:........lol:p

i would rather have kirk over gordan at PG any day :D

kntresistheheat
07-31-2008, 10:48 PM
Maybe he feels like that as a bull he is the best one there? That's why he feel he should get paid more than the rest, but yeah if he would come to miami with wade he know's he can make some noise in the east then he might take a cut? I will only take him if he accepts 7-8mil if not lets get barbosa:clap::clap:

nah. I think if we get gordon its to make him try to be the pg... but his money is going to be too ridiculous. If the guy signed a 7-8 million dollar deal Id take him ina heartbeat... but he has already says he wants to be the highest paid bulls... so hes looking for 13 mil. Id much rather have Barbosa (and his 7 mil contract)

kntresistheheat
07-31-2008, 10:49 PM
I agree!!!!!:D

i would rather have kirk over gordan at PG any day :D

CaleX(RR)MIA™
07-31-2008, 11:11 PM
Gordan also said he might consider going to play over seas :shrug:

DrHoops21
07-31-2008, 11:28 PM
yea id much rather take hinrich. doesnt make much sense to bring in gordon. ill throw up out of my butt if we make a move for gordon. listen, if we didnt go after camby, and decided not to go for elton brand, didnt try for ron artest... were not gonna be making any big moves dont yall agree? maybe 1 or 2 small meaningless trades or pickups, but nothing serious.

DQL
08-01-2008, 01:08 AM
I still havent heard anything of us getting a center. Or Pat feels that Blount is the answer and wants to upgrade other positions

SUPER MARIO > ben gordon
$700,000 > $13 mil

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-01-2008, 01:32 AM
I still havent heard anything of us getting a center. Or Pat feels that Blount is the answer and wants to upgrade other positions

SUPER MARIO > ben gordon
$700,000 > $13 mil

:clap::clap::clap:

i think its more like

$700,000>>>>>>>>>> $13 mil:D

greek miami hea
08-01-2008, 03:13 AM
[QUOTE=CaleX(RR)MIA™;6103809]:clap::clap::clap:

i think its more like

$700,000>>>>>>>>>> $13 mil:D[/i

i agree.plus gordon and barbosa are sg not pg.and when barbosa was playing as a pg he sucked!!!!!!!!!!!!dont uremember??????he hed a lot of turnovers!!!!!!!!!!!!!i like more super mario and banks.THE END:clap:

greek miami hea
08-01-2008, 03:16 AM

SUPER MARIO > ben gordon
$700,000 > $13 mil

i think pat riley is a lot more clever than that!there is no way he he feels that blount is the answer at ous c positiosn!my guess is that he wants to let anthony develop or he is making something big!!!!!!!!!!!!!bloujnt=:cry::cry::cry::cry:

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-01-2008, 03:19 AM
i think pat riley is a lot more clever than that!there is no way he he feels that blount is the answer at ous c positiosn!my guess is that he wants to let anthony develop or he is making something big!!!!!!!!!!!!!bloujnt=:cry::cry::cry::cry:

i hate blount :mad: big waste of money!

_Supreme_
08-01-2008, 07:07 AM
i hate blount :mad: big waste of money!

I don't like Blount (as a starter) either, but without him we'd only have Anthony at center.

noturnormalhero
08-01-2008, 07:25 AM
I don't like Blount (as a starter) either, but without him we'd only have Anthony at center.

i rather have anthony than Blount right now lol. But i see your point. To me Blount is a 3rd option center. Just like when the Pistons had Elden Campbell just sittin on the bench to collect fouls (mostly from shaq) for opposing big men,i'd do the same with Blount lol.

Heat4life
08-01-2008, 07:47 AM
wow,ben gordan,i would rather have hinrich then that scum. The only way i might thank about doing this trade is if it doesn't involve marion,maybe dump of haslem and cook or dorrel.If marion is involved than they would at lease have to throw in noah and sign gordan to only 1 year.:cry:

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-01-2008, 07:52 AM
wow,ben gordan,i would rather have hinrich then that scum. The only way i might thank about doing this trade is if it doesn't involve marion,maybe dump of haslem and cook or dorrel.If marion is involved than they would at lease have to throw in noah and sign gordan to only 1 year.:cry:

we can either trade Marion and get players or let him walk at the end of the season and clear 17mil in cap space because the Heat will not re sign him

Noreaga
08-01-2008, 09:59 AM

ben gordon is far from a decline is his career! he's only played 3 seasons! that comment should get you slapped! j/p but it is pretty ridiculous

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-01-2008, 10:04 AM
ben gordon is far from a decline is his career! he's only played 3 seasons! that comment should get you slapped! j/p but it is pretty ridiculous

is that ben will either have a good game or a terrible game, because he only depends on his shooting he dosent really drive the ball. and last season he had a terrible shooting year

noturnormalhero
08-01-2008, 10:05 AM

i was never big on Gordon..still am not. had a good season in 07..i'll give him that..but for someone who wanted more money last year..he sure as hell didnt do better than the year before which is odd for someone "expecting" more money lol. definitely not a 13 million per year player. maybe my "decline" comment was over exaggerating my views on the guy..but for the Heat to go out of their way..and lose prospects or picks or role players (which we have little of right now)..i'd pass instantly. and it's 4 not 3 seasons :D

DwAyNe_WaDe
08-01-2008, 01:51 PM
I dont see why people would not want Dwayne Wade to be on their roster. He could be a great six man and bring a spark off the bench. He is also one of the streakiest shooters frim three if he gets hot in one game that game is pretty much over.:D

DQL
08-01-2008, 02:02 PM
I dont see why people would not want Dwayne Wade to be on their roster. He could be a great six man and bring a spark off the bench. He is also one of the streakiest shooters frim three if he gets hot in one game that game is pretty much over.:D

You meant Ben Gordon? Or you meant yourself? :D

That is ******** if you don't want Wade on the roster :no:

fins08
08-01-2008, 04:35 PM
He can play a little point guard but overpaid.

greek miami hea
08-04-2008, 10:34 AM
He can play a little point guard but overpaid.

i think that too!!!!!!!!anyway im satisfied with super mario!:clap:

Seventh King
08-04-2008, 03:52 PM
he would be a good 6th man, but his asking for way too much

That's the same reality no matter where he ends up . . .

Seventh King
08-04-2008, 03:53 PM

WTF?

IRUAM #21
08-04-2008, 06:44 PM

Somebody is :smoking:

Diehardheatfan
08-04-2008, 07:18 PM
i was never big on Gordon..still am not. had a good season in 07..i'll give him that..but for someone who wanted more money last year..he sure as hell didnt do better than the year before which is odd for someone "expecting" more money lol. definitely not a 13 million per year player. maybe my "decline" comment was over exaggerating my views on the guy..but for the Heat to go out of their way..and lose prospects or picks or role players (which we have little of right now)..i'd pass instantly. and it's 4 not 3 seasons :D

I agree ben gordon like all other current bull players has not lived up to expectations when they first came into the league. Id rather get a player who can shoot and really play PG and for cheaper like mo... Im telling you we should go for him

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-04-2008, 08:21 PM
I agree ben gordon like all other current bull players has not lived up to expectations when they first came into the league. Id rather get a player who can shoot and really play PG and for cheaper like mo... Im telling you we should go for him

Overrated :nod:
Ben is not worth the contract he's looking for

fins08
08-04-2008, 09:41 PM
I think he means Ben Gordon as a 6th man, not D-Wade.

rico
08-05-2008, 02:06 AM
bg7 isnt that bad of a player. GREAT 6th man and a scoring monster especially clutch with 3s.. but he is askin too much. he shouldnt of turned down that 10mil a year. now hes getting less than that. if he signs @ 10 a year and we dished him and gooden + our trade exception for marion that would be nice. :)

gooden is a solid PF who could tween to center. and you really cant ask for a better 6th man. only ones that are better than gordon would be ginobli/barbosa/ellis, but theyve all upgraded to being starters im sure.

marions gonna walk either way/not getting resigned so if i was miami i would do that deal.

miami

gordon
wade
beasley
haslem
gooden

chicago

rose/hinrich
hughes/thabo
deng/nocioni
marion/souleater
noah/gray

Master Mind
08-05-2008, 02:10 AM
bg7 isnt that bad of a player. GREAT 6th man and a scoring monster especially clutch with 3s.. but he is askin too much. he shouldnt of turned down that 10mil a year. now hes getting less than that. if he signs @ 10 a year and we dished him and gooden + our trade exception for marion that would be nice. :)

gooden is a solid PF who could tween to center. and you really cant ask for a better 6th man. only ones that are better than gordon would be ginobli/barbosa/ellis, but theyve all upgraded to being starters im sure.

marions gonna walk either way/not getting resigned so if i was miami i would do that deal.

Ignore me if you want but that might not be a bad idea, it's at least worth looking at...

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-05-2008, 02:13 AM

no because gordan is not a PG so wen he comes in the game it will be to back up Wade who plays a career average of 37.7. so in other words... pay gordan 10mil to play 10.3 mins per game... no thanks

rico
08-05-2008, 03:16 AM
fair enough wade does play a lot of minutes. and although he isnt a true Pg, he could play the position. hes better at defending the opposing teams pg than their sg anyway. thats why they were better when hinrich would guard the opposing teams 2 and let gordon guard the 1. cuz his defence isnt the greatest.

but yeah i understand where your coming from.

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-05-2008, 03:19 AM
fair enough wade does play a lot of minutes. and although he isnt a true Pg, he could play the position. hes better at defending the opposing teams pg than their sg anyway. thats why they were better when hinrich would guard the opposing teams 2 and let gordon guard the 1. cuz his defence isnt the greatest.

but yeah i understand where your coming from.

Glad u see my point :D

but y would u ignore Master Mind?

daleja424
08-05-2008, 08:25 AM
Id rather have marion expire and pick up a player then give that money to the bulls

rico
08-05-2008, 12:23 PM
Glad u see my point :D

but y would u ignore Master Mind?
i cant remember, i usually only ignore people if they are completely ridiculous or ridiculously rude.

i think he was just really rude about soething i posted in here. yanno like i suggested that and you gave a sensible answer which is fine disagree, but i think he said something like OMG DIE THAT IS STUPID YOU ARE THE DUMBEST PERSON ALIVE blah blha something to that extent.

but that other kid on my list koopa, hes just ridiculous. i thought he was 12.

-and deja - i agree with you there too if i was in the same position i wouldnt want the heat to have all that money either lol :P