PDA

View Full Version : Mike Doss? Kelly Herndon?

hyp21
07-31-2008, 07:00 PM
Anyone think it'd be a reason to pursue him or Kelly Herndon? (if Kells is still available. Last time I heard he was). I mean, TP IS the man and all, but I think with his trip to the PUP it draws two things to my attention:

1. Tomlin thinks he's a tad overweight and maybe not happy about it and may assume that guys like he and Hampton think their positions are automatically solidified and may be taking advantage of it (which can happen)

2. TP needs some backup who can relieve the guy and allow him to get a bit of rest and get those knees at LEAST 90-95% The guy does a HELL of a lot of running back and forth and all around the field and it could be just taking a toll on him.

Therefore, I ask you all, would Mike Doss be an effective guy to bring in? (Tomlin has some experience with him and maybe can get the best outta him) or Kelly Herndon?

CubbieSteve
07-31-2008, 08:51 PM
Well Herndon was signed by the Titans on a three year deal.

As for Doss, he's available. I think in order for us to grab him, there would have to be a concern on the Polamalu injury front. But yeah, if he's cheap, I wouldn't mind Doss. He and Tomlin do have experience and you never know when Troy may get dinged up or whatever. I'd go for him.

SenecaValley46
07-31-2008, 09:57 PM
I used to love Doss and if Troys full strength and they even had Doss at FS.. WR would fear coming over the middle, but with Troys injury its nice to have the luxury of a Doss there who can start and we feel comfortable with

John Lynch may be released as well, I dont care where we go but we need an addition to our Safety group

hyp21
07-31-2008, 11:02 PM
^ I completely agree. I kind of am board hoping we can lure Doss to steeltown. He'll really give us a kick on our D. Anticipating to see what we do. I kind of think we gonna stand still and deal with what we have (as is the Steeler way :( ) But I would LOVE to see us lock him up.

NYMetros
07-31-2008, 11:21 PM
Backup is definitely needed for the SS/FS position. Troy Polamalu is a very big question mark right now and it is not good to go into the season with unanswered needs.

GrkGawdofWalkz
08-01-2008, 03:55 PM
John Lynch is still effective but maybe looking to start. He's always been solid. Doss, doesn't probably have much of a tag and just simply would warrant a look. He is a SB Champ and was effective for the Colts a few years ago.

CubbieSteve
08-01-2008, 05:22 PM
Lynch wouldn't want to come in and spot start, he wants to be on the field at all times.

stealaz #1
08-01-2008, 05:50 PM
I think its just a safety precaution that Troy is on the PUP list i dont think its because hes not healed, hes probally just not 100% "Chad Johnson is on the PUP list i seriously doubt it mean he aint goin to play".

And for the Doss pick up it sounds good but we have a new coach and like with every new coach they wanna prove that they can win and most of all that they can win with the players that "THEY"drafted

jesusncleats
08-02-2008, 10:58 AM
I would be all for getting Doss, big hitter, playmaker and was a HUGE leader at THE OSU!

hyp21
08-02-2008, 11:15 AM
^lol. u and the O! but agreed nonetheless. Not really big on John Lynch. He still packs a punch but he's gotten pretty old and I wouldn't think he'd be what we really need.

SenecaValley46
08-02-2008, 01:41 PM
Lynch wouldn't want to come in and spot start, he wants to be on the field at all times.

I think he'd have a legit shot starting here. Fs is our weakness so thats an open competition, and Polamalu cant seem to get healthy so that spots open to..

EDIT: I want Doss though, he could really help. If we add Doss and Lynch were set at safety. Same goes for Lecharles Bentley. I see all 3 of those guys as impacting players for us.

sjkqw
08-02-2008, 07:15 PM
I think Jimmy Williams is available too. I would love to get him slightly over Doss. I don't feel extremely comfortable with our cornerbacks aqnd he can also play saftey.

sjkqw
08-02-2008, 07:18 PM
I would also like Bentley b/c I don't feel comfortable with Hartwig. I would like ex-Steeler Oliver Ross to help on the line. Joe Toledo is available on the line. Chris Bober and Mike Flynn are also available as centers. Another option at safety is Darnell Bing.